Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
Random lines
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-02-2020, 11:49 AM   #265
M5Rick
Lieutenant General
M5Rick's Avatar
United Kingdom
22111
Rep
10,653
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Mate . This was a matter of Mercs strategy . HAM was keeping his tire issue silent ...He was already losing time on MAX (5 sec.) So at that time I knew he was in trouble with his tires , just like BOT .
2 laps later I couldn't believe my eyes when MAX pitted ...
Probably that was a good move by HAM to remain silent over the radio . Otherwise MAX never pitted and won this race !

"PITTY"
If Red Bull had 'spotters' with walkie talkies then for sure Horner would never have made the call for tyres for Max.
Appreciate 1
      08-02-2020, 11:52 AM   #266
M5Rick
Lieutenant General
M5Rick's Avatar
United Kingdom
22111
Rep
10,653
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
That's for sure my friend !

On the other hand : The weather forecast for next weekend is hotter .
At least over here for the next 14 days , another heatwave is coming with next weekend 35/37C !
It's 33C next week here so possibly much hotter for Silverstone than today and the hotter it is the more pressure on the tyres
Appreciate 1
      08-02-2020, 11:54 AM   #267
///M Power-Belgium
General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
35730
Rep
18,280
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
If Red Bull had 'spotters' with walkie talkies then for sure Horner would never had made the call for tyres for Max.
Honestly . Horner threw MAX his victory away ...

And the Mercs couldn't pit . Otherwise MAX won the race anyway !

The DARK side was today very.....Very Lucky !!!
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick22111.00
      08-02-2020, 11:56 AM   #268
///M Power-Belgium
General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
35730
Rep
18,280
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
It's 33C next week here so possibly much hotter for Silverstone than today and the hotter it is the more pressure on the tyres
Exactly my friend . That's why I looked already in the weather forecast
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick22111.00
      08-02-2020, 11:59 AM   #269
M5Rick
Lieutenant General
M5Rick's Avatar
United Kingdom
22111
Rep
10,653
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Honestly . Horner threw MAX his victory away ...

And the Mercs couldn't pit . Otherwise MAX won the race anyway !

The DARK side was today very.....Very Lucky !!!
Soon their 'Dark Star' will implode like in the films. Max Skywalker will see to that.
Appreciate 1
      08-02-2020, 11:59 AM   #270
Mr Pete
Captain
Mr Pete's Avatar
United_States
711
Rep
798
Posts

Drives: M2C 6MT, Golf R (daily)
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: AZ

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pete View Post
I assumed that. But he didn't seem to having any issues prior. I wonder if Horner thought Lewis would pit considering the lead, so brought Max in on fresh rubber to set a fast lap before Lewis pits? Man, disappointing
You saw Bottas,tyre deflate happened within two bends and he's a rim rider.
If you ain't first, you're last
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2020, 01:05 PM   #271
///M Power-Belgium
General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
35730
Rep
18,280
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
Soon their 'Dark Star' will implode like in the films. Max Skywalker will see to that.
The very first close picture from MAX after the race from today ...As you can see he's #NotHappy !

I'm pretty sure he requested a meeting with Horner regarding the disaster pitstop in lap "51" of 52 .
Attached Images
 
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 2
VeloF1309.00
M5Rick22111.00
      08-02-2020, 01:11 PM   #272
yco
i'm just saying
yco's Avatar
4694
Rep
2,575
Posts

Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Istanbul & Kyiv

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
The very first close picture from MAX after the race from today ...As you can see he's #NotHappy !

I'm pretty sure he requested a meeting with Horner regarding the disaster pitstop in lap "51" of 52 .
i started to think Max should move to McLaren maybe.. next year with Merc' engines McLaren can make something special.. their chassis is not bad at all..
__________________
"Race car driving is like sex. All guys think they're good at it." Jay Leno
Appreciate 1
      08-02-2020, 01:16 PM   #273
///M Power-Belgium
General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
35730
Rep
18,280
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Losing the race from a F* Square Tire !!!

__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick22111.00
      08-02-2020, 01:20 PM   #274
VeloF1
Second Lieutenant
VeloF1's Avatar
309
Rep
279
Posts

Drives: F82, 996 Turbo S, E46 & E36
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Sacramento, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2015 M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
The very first close picture from MAX after the race from today ...As you can see he's #NotHappy !

I'm pretty sure he requested a meeting with Horner regarding the disaster pitstop in lap "51" of 52 .
Old adage. Hindsight is 20:20. Real shame. I had almost turned off the race with 5 laps to go.....

Next week will be different, yet, all Teams are better informed about tires issues ,etc.

Thankfully, Milan San Remo is next Sunday

Cheers
__________________
IG @velof1
Appreciate 1
      08-02-2020, 01:32 PM   #275
///M Power-Belgium
General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
35730
Rep
18,280
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yco View Post
i started to think Max should move to McLaren maybe.. next year with Merc' engines McLaren can make something special.. their chassis is not bad at all..
Mate . I don't think so . Why ?
Because : As you can see MAX is the only driver from the rest of the field , who can defeat a Black Merc in his RB16 @Red Bull .
The rest is out of sight ...

MAX is more thinking of the new FIA'22 regulations . "Than" his time will come !
Meanwhile he can always play with the Blacks ...
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick22111.00
      08-02-2020, 01:38 PM   #276
///M Power-Belgium
General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
35730
Rep
18,280
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeloF1 View Post
Old adage. Hindsight is 20:20. Real shame. I had almost turned off the race with 5 laps to go.....

Next week will be different, yet, all Teams are better informed about tires issues ,etc.

Thankfully, Milan San Remo is next Sunday

Cheers
Indeed my friend . It was actually a crazy end of the race . With bad luck for MAX and luck for the Mercs .

Yeah . As for next weekend : Silverstone/2 and Milan San Remo is on my to watch schedule...
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick22111.00
VeloF1309.00
      08-02-2020, 01:39 PM   #277
yco
i'm just saying
yco's Avatar
4694
Rep
2,575
Posts

Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Istanbul & Kyiv

iTrader: (0)



Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Mate . I don't think so . Why ?
Because : As you can see MAX is the only driver from the rest of the field , who can defeat a Black Merc in his RB16 @Red Bull .
The rest is out of sight ...

MAX is more thinking of the new FIA'22 regulations . "Than" his time will come !
Meanwhile he can always play with the Blacks ...
yeah i agree.. but i strongly believe next year McLarens will be so different..
Ricciardo and Norris will eat some fresh fruit mate..
__________________
"Race car driving is like sex. All guys think they're good at it." Jay Leno
Appreciate 1
      08-02-2020, 01:53 PM   #278
M5Rick
Lieutenant General
M5Rick's Avatar
United Kingdom
22111
Rep
10,653
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
The very first close picture from MAX after the race from today ...As you can see he's #NotHappy !

I'm pretty sure he requested a meeting with Horner regarding the disaster pitstop in lap "51" of 52 .
He has the heart of a lion, any other (Lecrash O con) would be crying.
Appreciate 1
      08-02-2020, 02:05 PM   #279
///M Power-Belgium
General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
35730
Rep
18,280
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yco View Post




yeah i agree.. but i strongly believe next year McLarens will be so different..
Ricciardo and Norris will eat some fresh fruit mate..
Mate I see your point . But your statement is actually based on speculations .
And the Toto-Blacks would never agree with a faster McLaren with a Merc PU. So , nothing will change .

On the other hand : Poor SEB !
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2020, 02:11 PM   #280
M5Rick
Lieutenant General
M5Rick's Avatar
United Kingdom
22111
Rep
10,653
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Mate I see your point . But your statement is actually based on speculations .
And the Toto-Blacks would never agree with a faster McLaren with a Merc PU. So , nothing will change .

On the other hand : Poor SEB !
Seb should try having a shave and his luck may change
The more quiet he is then they'll adjust his car to 'their' liking.
Appreciate 1
      08-02-2020, 02:18 PM   #281
///M Power-Belgium
General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
35730
Rep
18,280
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
Seb should try having a shave and his luck may change
The more quiet he is then they'll adjust his car to 'their' liking.
Yeah my friend .
The Mercs response time at the start lights was a lot slower today...
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick22111.00
      08-02-2020, 02:21 PM   #282
wanna325i
Private First Class
19
Rep
161
Posts

Drives: 2011 E92
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Atlanta GA

iTrader: (2)

Would you think MAX would run into same trouble if he didn't pit? I might not recall correctly but the screen show his front left was down to 10% when he pit? Or was he able to push hard with those worn front left tire to catch HAM?
Appreciate 1
yco4694.00
      08-02-2020, 02:22 PM   #283
M5Rick
Lieutenant General
M5Rick's Avatar
United Kingdom
22111
Rep
10,653
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Yeah my friend .
The Mercs response time at the start lights was a lot slower today...
Figures...we know why.
Appreciate 1
      08-02-2020, 02:24 PM   #284
yco
i'm just saying
yco's Avatar
4694
Rep
2,575
Posts

Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Istanbul & Kyiv

iTrader: (0)



Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Yeah my friend .
The Mercs response time at the start lights was a lot slower today...
mate there is no trick with starting lights i explained it earlier with a prove.. a human being pushes a button to turn off all lights and start the race.. like this for many years.. no software or system can decide when he ll.. believing in such a system is just all fictional..

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanna325i View Post
Would you think MAX would run into same trouble if he didn't pit? I might not recall correctly but the screen show his front left was down to 10% when he pit? Or was he able to push hard with those worn front left tire to catch HAM?
as far as i remember Max wasnt having some problems with his tires but for the question you asked.. we ll never know probably..
__________________
"Race car driving is like sex. All guys think they're good at it." Jay Leno
Appreciate 1
      08-02-2020, 02:29 PM   #285
M5Rick
Lieutenant General
M5Rick's Avatar
United Kingdom
22111
Rep
10,653
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by yco View Post




yeah i agree.. but i strongly believe next year McLarens will be so different..
Ricciardo and Norris will eat some fresh fruit mate..
A bit of sponsor thinking on the side of the SF in the eyes of Seb..

A word in your Shell like Mattia about things..
UPS ups side your head I said ups upside your head
A Rayban on Charles having a faster car than me
I need some V-powder for what i'm going through now..
I want more INFOR mation but can't get it..
Appreciate 2
yco4694.00
      08-02-2020, 02:33 PM   #286
///M Power-Belgium
General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
35730
Rep
18,280
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yco View Post




mate there is no trick with starting lights i explained it earlier with a prove.. a human being pushes a button to turn off all lights and start the race.. like this for many years.. no software or system can decide when he ll.. believing in such a system is just all fictional..



as far as i remember Max wasnt having some problems with his tires but for the question you asked.. we ll never know probably..
Mate . F1 experts and scientists saw what was going on ... But you still don't get it how it works .
BTW : MAX was running on hard tires . He could at least run "5" more laps with his tires ..
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick22111.00
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:49 PM.




bmw
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST