BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW i8 Forums BMW i8 General Discussion

03-06-2016, 03:20 PM   #1
cc3
Major
Rep
Drives: 1M, GT4, M2 M140i G40

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/ne...100th-birthday

Or maybe some other i concept? Surprised this isn't signposted on front page for people to watch tomorrow
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2016, 09:04 AM   #2
Carac
Captain
Rep
Drives: E30M3, E39M5, SLSAMG, RRS SVR

Garage List
Nope

http://jalopnik.com/bmws-vision-next...-ce-1763259398
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2016, 08:23 PM   #3
jwestfield
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 i7 and '23 M8 Competition

Disappointed

I expect much, much more insight and marketing prowess from a car company that commands the global auto marketplace and makes as much money as BMW does.

I am certainly a BMW fan, but this concept car is not appealing. Nor was this 'unveiling'.

MB's concept was futuristic - yet believable -and most could see purchasing one sooner vs later.

This car from BMW is perhaps technically interesting, but not anything that even those of us on 'the edge' (crazy car people, as I own both a 2016 i8 and 2016 750) could wrap our brains around.

C'mon BMW - swiftly step up your overall game.

Don't lose touch with your current and prospective customer base. In fact, ask your customers to join a real, global customer advisory board to consult with you on these types of things.

Or - you may find even the most common cars on the road overtaking your brand, marketing, and foresight reputation.

Just my $0.02, for whatever it's worth (probably not very much).

2021 M8 Competition - Frozen Grey
Appreciate 2
      03-07-2016, 10:55 PM   #4
Scarafin
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M6 Coupe

I was rather excited to see what BMW had in the wings for this....

Wow, what a disappointment

Totally agree with JW. BMW we expect much more.

Regards,
Scar
Appreciate 1
      03-08-2016, 05:26 AM   #5
Hitz101
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: i8 + Lamborghini Huracan LP610

Looks like trash to me.
Appreciate 1
      03-08-2016, 06:02 PM   #6
Three Pedal Steve
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 coupe' 6mt

Garage List
This is what an i8 Spyder should look like:
Attached Images

memories: '71 2002 (new), '72 Bavaria, '74 2002tii, '00 540i Sport
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2016, 07:20 PM   #7
ChiTownM
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M and i BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwestfield
I expect much, much more insight and marketing prowess from a car company that commands the global auto marketplace and makes as much money as BMW does.

I am certainly a BMW fan, but this concept car is not appealing. Nor was this 'unveiling'.

MB's concept was futuristic - yet believable -and most could see purchasing one sooner vs later.

This car from BMW is perhaps technically interesting, but not anything that even those of us on 'the edge' (crazy car people, as I own both a 2016 i8 and 2016 750) could wrap our brains around.

Don't lose touch with your current and prospective customer base. In fact, ask your customers to join a real, global customer advisory board to consult with you on these types of things.

Or - you may find even the most common cars on the road overtaking your brand, marketing, and foresight reputation.

I couldn't have expressed my opinion more eloquently. well written. BMW has become that aloof company that is possibly blinded too much by its own success today. I took the liberty to send a letter to bmwna leadership about the uninspiring i8 market introduction and our dissatisfaction with the early MY 14 models and the flooding of the market with cars killing the value of the car and mentioned that pure impulse is a joke. The reply was so aloof that it turned me off and angered. They had the audacity to point out how great the event in Leipzig was and I was like WTF.
Appreciate 1
      03-08-2016, 08:14 PM   #8
jwestfield
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 i7 and '23 M8 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTownM
Quote:

I couldn't have expressed my opinion more eloquently. well written. BMW has become that aloof company that is possibly blinded too much by its own success today. I took the liberty to send a letter to bmwna leadership about the uninspiring i8 market introduction and our dissatisfaction with the early MY 14 models and the flooding of the market with cars killing the value of the car and mentioned that pure impulse is a joke. The reply was so aloof that it turned me off and angered. They had the audacity to point out how great the event in Leipzig was and I was like WTF.
I am not at all surprised. They are truly 'asleep at the wheel'.

You watch - in a few short years, they will not be the globally reputable car company they are today.

They have gotten way too big for their own good. Their leadership is not focused.

They are clueless about strategy and its impact on their top / loyal customers and future prospects.

They are abysmally horrible at communicating with their customer base.

They are rapidly diluting the brand by creating every type of BMW they can think of - every series and variant thereof.

Their NA offices are also clueless and don't know how to deal with and/ or respond to even basic customer issues and or ideas.

Sad.

2021 M8 Competition - Frozen Grey
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2016, 11:42 PM   #9
ChiTownM
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M and i BMWs

Quote:

Appreciate 1