Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalibuBimmer View Post
Good point. Or not declare a purchase at all. I suspect there will be some cutting now (his first post has basically been removed), but the starter of this thread has hinted in other posts he has made on this site that things can be purchased without being taxed.

It turns out he got $10K off the list price on his i8 and was willing to take a $10K bath and give someone a "great deal" on the purchase price (from him) once that person followed his advice and failed to pay due taxes. But most of us who have had i8s know that the depreciation at this point is going to be a lot more than $10K.

Finally, I note our original thread starter is from California (he has said so in other posts on other threads), but he puts down Arizona as his location.

I suspect that's how he avoids paying his California taxes. If he does, I resent that. I live in California and I pay my taxes. I may not like paying so much, but I don't commit fraud to avoid paying them.

This has been a very revealing thread. And not so much on what a used i8 is worth.
Indeed. No one enjoys paying taxes or the administrative burden that goes along with complicated tax situations but we do so because we must.

What I still cannot fathom why a person would broadcast on a global forum their intention to seemingly commit fraud.
Appreciate 1
      03-03-2016, 10:34 PM   #24
shawnmkrt
Rep
Drives: M3 and Lotus Evora

Oh wrong and wrong. I love how you guys keep making up scenarios.. and I moved to California two years ago I just never updated my profile. This has nothing to do with declaring a lower price or any of that. My car is gone I traded it in so it's a moot point. It's more of an attack on me based on you guys getting all defensive or trying to prove a point. Smh
Appreciate 0