BMW iX Forums BMW iX Discussions

09-26-2022, 11:18 PM   #23
deutsch100
Colonel
Rep
Drives: i7 60, XM, M3 Comp, 911 GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by sor View Post
If it's like my other cars, the throttle mapping is different between D and B, because a light press on B is supposed to be in the braking range. With one pedal driving the "coast" is somewhere mid throttle.

So a light press in D mode that keeps your speed may very well be a deceleration in B mode and you have to readjust to the one pedal mapping that includes a throttle range for braking.

Also on my e-tron I know eco mode has a different throttle map vs sport. You really have to floor it in eco to accelerate but a light press is all that's needed in sport. Same idea with D vs B.
THANK YOU Sor! This makes sense. Appreciate the reply
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2022, 09:00 AM   #24
Paladin1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 iX xDrive50, DGM

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sor View Post
If it's like my other cars, the throttle mapping is different between D and B, because a light press on B is supposed to be in the braking range. With one pedal driving the "coast" is somewhere mid throttle.

So a light press in D mode that keeps your speed may very well be a deceleration in B mode and you have to readjust to the one pedal mapping that includes a throttle range for braking.

Also on my e-tron I know eco mode has a different throttle map vs sport. You really have to floor it in eco to accelerate but a light press is all that's needed in sport. Same idea with D vs B.
Same experience - first time with one-pedal driving, and I suspect it requires some time to fully adapt. I'm glad it's an option for those familiar who like it, but I'm not really seeing a huge difference in range between 1PD and the adaptive mode, at least around town, and the different throttle response and slow speed maneuvering make it just a novelty for me. "Tesla has it" is not enough to convince me to use it all the time.
Appreciate 2
deutsch1003942.00
ggalanis2446.50
      09-27-2022, 09:16 AM   #25
ggalanis
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2023 iX 50, 1989 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin1 View Post
Same experience - first time with one-pedal driving, and I suspect it requires some time to fully adapt. I'm glad it's an option for those familiar who like it, but I'm not really seeing a huge difference in range between 1PD and the adaptive mode, at least around town, and the different throttle response and slow speed maneuvering make it just a novelty for me. "Tesla has it" is not enough to convince me to use it all the time.
In a Tesla it makes a good difference in terms of city driving range because the brake pedal doesn't blend regen and brakes, it applies brakes only.

In a car like the iX, using the brake pedal to slow will blend the two types of braking, essentially using regen as much as if you were one pedal driving in most cases, and adding friction brakes when needed. This should mean that it is nearly impossible to get better range by using B mode.

I will give B mode a chance once/if I get my car, (I disliked it in test drives). Currently, I feel that it is easier to control braking by pressing on a pedal rather than by lifting off of one. The only situation I think it works decently for is in heavy stop and go traffic. But honestly for that, the radar cruise control is what I'd prefer to use anyway. We'll see. My car went into production this week, got my VIN yesterday from the dealer so things are *finally* moving along for me.
Appreciate 2
deutsch1003942.00
Paladin15556.00