Refujeet
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by boblob View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue202 View Post
Has anyone found a fix for this? I see the same thing as Refujeet under vehicle settings (ie spinning circle for enabling charging history) Main page says charging data not available. Everything else is working for me on the app, ie remote access, the new trip history tracker, etc.
As another data point to this, I am still having the same problem. I have tried removing and re-adding my iX from the app and also the "hard reset" described in this thread and still get only the spinning circle for enabling charging history and no charging data available in the app. As with others, all other aspects of the app seem to be working fine for me.
Shoot. Annoying to hear that.

I agree with other posters, they got to figure out the gremlins on this. I've been lucky, and pretty happy with the car/software…but I've had hiccups too.

I still don't get charging history when charging over the end of the month (start charging on August 31, ending on September 1st). The charge session just doesn't register. I think it's how they've programmed the UI (monthly sections)…but a simple exception in their code would solve it.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2022, 04:17 PM   #46
blue202
Rep
Drives: IX50

It just started working for me when I added a second myBMW account for my wife and linked her BMW ID as a second driver. Not sure if it matters, but I setup this account up using the scan QR code from the car menu. My original myBMW account was setup before I picked up the car and then linked to the car. The other odd thing was when I was adding this second account I got a message that another privacy option was added. From a quick scan, I didn't see anything new actually added to the list, but maybe I missed it. The app now mentions that charging will be displayed starting today (ie 9/18) and says this is my "activation date".
Appreciate 3
Refujeet263.50
kid201080.00
      09-18-2022, 04:42 PM   #47
CaboM4
BMW Aficionado
Rep
Drives: 23 i7,23 iX,24 Silverado

Quote:
It just started working for me when I added a second myBMW account for my wife and linked her BMW ID as a second driver. Not sure if it matters, but I setup this account up using the scan QR code from the car menu. My original myBMW account was setup before I picked up the car and then linked to the car. The other odd thing was when I was adding this second account I got a message that another privacy option was added. From a quick scan, I didn't see anything new actually added to the list, but maybe I missed it. The app now mentions that charging will be displayed starting today (ie 9/18) and says this is my "activation date".
I will need to try ... haven't loaded the wife's profile into my iX yet. Having the same charging history absent in the BMW app, despite all privacy options correctly enabled and having several charging sessions under the belt both at home on Level 2 and 1x EA DC CCS charging session
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2022, 05:02 PM   #48
Paladin1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 iX xDrive50, DGM

Garage List
As before noted, it's a known issue with the app and BMW developers are working on it, "go gold" date currently TBD.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2022, 10:33 PM   #49
saidy
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW iX

TL;DR - My charging history now works after an update and remove-add in the app.

I received my iX at the end of July, after waiting on the airbag recall remedy. I’m not sure exactly what software version was running, but it had the relax mode update. Charging history never worked, and removing and readding the car didn’t work either.

My car was damaged (https://bmwi.bimmerpost.com/forums/s....php?t=1943887), and yesterday it went in to be repaired. I asked them to update the car. They said they did. I don’t know what exactly they did though, as they don’t give specific details as standard practice and the service person was kind of clueless.

The update by itself did not fix the problem, but after removing and readding the car it now works. My removal took a while (maybe 30 minutes). After readding the car, the history still showed as unavailable. However, a little while later (no idea how long, a few hours?) it started working. Huzzah.

Despite the feature working, there are no entries for previous charging sessions. I did a charge at home today and it was recorded. But that’s all that shows up in the list.

The whole experience wasn’t great. Firstly, they had no idea about the bug (despite it appearing to be pretty common), or if the update would fix it. Further, the service person told me they did the update “for free”, because the entire reason my car was in was due to damage while at the dealership. If they had actually charged me, I’d have been livid. Why must we (the customers) pay to fix BMW’s bugs? Especially if they (BMW) can’t even appraise their dealers of what bugs exist, when they’ll be fixed, and if the fix is available. Really leaves a bitter taste, especially because this is on top of the fact that, yet again, this update wasn’t available OTA.
Appreciate 2
Paladin15527.00
      09-22-2022, 01:20 AM   #50
kid2010
Private
Rep
Drives: iX 2022

Quote:
Thanks for sharing this. I was able to get mine working by adding a new BMW ID to the vehicle. Guess something is messed up with my BMW ID.
Appreciate 1
      09-27-2022, 05:04 PM   #51
jsclarke99
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: iX XDrive50, e-Tron (prev)

Quote:
It just started working for me when I added a second myBMW account for my wife and linked her BMW ID as a second driver. ....
@blue202 - "this is the way".

I saw it posted elsewhere but can't find the source- but I 1) logged out of the my BMW ios app, 2) created a NEW BMW ID with NEW email address (a throw-away from iCloud) using the iOS app, scanned the QR code in the car, accepted all privacy settings, completed setup. I skipped adding keys.

Now the "new" BMW ID shows a blue Charging History box in Charging history.

Logged out of the iOS app, logged in using my original BMW ID- and after charging last night AND unplugging the charge cable, I am seeing charging history.
2017 MB E300, 2014 BMW 640i convertible
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2022, 05:11 PM   #52
CaboM4
BMW Aficionado
Rep

What a clusterfuck of a workaround, but I’m going to try it myself as nothing posted here to date has resolved the issue for me
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2022, 05:17 PM   #53
Refujeet
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X7

App seems to be getting better for me. Now I get trip data as well.

Hopefully they can resolve this for everyone else too.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2022, 05:37 PM   #54
hugo_nz
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW iX Xdrive40 MSport

Garage List
2022 BMW IX  [0.00]
I found a solution in using Tronity. Works every time and does not rely on the BMW app at all. Plus it feeds live data into ABRP.
      09-27-2022, 05:51 PM   #55
CaboM4
BMW Aficionado
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refujeet View Post
App seems to be getting better for me. Now I get trip data as well.

Hopefully they can resolve this for everyone else too.
I have a ticket open with BMW Assist ... they have a 10 business day SLA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugo_nz View Post
I found a solution in using Tronity. Works every time and does not rely on the BMW app at all. Plus it feeds live data into ABRP.
Please share
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2022, 05:54 PM   #56
q_e
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW ix XDrive 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugo_nz View Post
I am not able to add USA model. Is it an restriction on the app?
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2022, 06:13 PM   #57
deutsch100
Colonel
Rep
Drives: i7 60, XM, M3 Comp, 911 GTS

The My BMW app had an update a few days ago, and now Charging History and My Trips are on my app and working great.
Appreciate 2
Refujeet263.50
Paladin15527.00
      10-06-2022, 06:01 PM   #58
CaboM4
BMW Aficionado
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by deutsch100 View Post
The My BMW app had an update a few days ago, and now Charging History and My Trips are on my app and working great.
Not me … same problems persist
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2022, 06:07 PM   #59
boblob
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: iX - Incoming

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaboM4 View Post
Not me … same problems persist
Agreed. Still not working for me.
Appreciate 1
      10-10-2022, 12:13 PM   #60
q_e
Enlisted Member
Rep

Started noticing the charging history option enabled in the Vehicle settings options. Yet to see any history as I havent got the vehicle charged after this option enabled. No software updates on the app nor car to see this option enabled.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2022, 01:56 PM   #61
tsandas
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW IX50

Same here… charging now to see if it registers the session, but no history prior today is seen
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2022, 02:11 PM   #62
tsandas
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW IX50

Just finished charging and it recorded it perfectly. Just missing any prior charges, but looks like it is working now
Appreciate 1
q_e36.00
      10-10-2022, 02:24 PM   #63
q_e
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsandas View Post
Just finished charging and it recorded it perfectly. Just missing any prior charges, but looks like it is working now
Able to see the sessions from today. Tried two small sessions and seeing both.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2022, 10:48 AM   #64
SteveIsles
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 iX 50, 2021 X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by q_e View Post
Able to see the sessions from today. Tried two small sessions and seeing both.
For those who have charging history working, are you able to add an “Energy Tariff” for a recent charge? I have been trying for months (and opened a bug with BMW Connected Drive) but I can’t set the cost for any particular location. I have been able to do this successfully for our other car, an xDrive45e PHEV, but when I try to set the tariff for the iX it immediately brings up an error “something went wrong” retry/cancel dialog…

If this works for others, then I can assume it may be something about my unique situation… vs. a known bug for other BMW iX vehicles in the My BMW app…
Appreciate 1
Paladin15527.00
      10-18-2022, 08:53 AM   #65
Paladin1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 iX xDrive50, DGM

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveIsles View Post
For those who have charging history working, are you able to add an “Energy Tariff” for a recent charge? I have been trying for months (and opened a bug with BMW Connected Drive) but I can’t set the cost for any particular location. I have been able to do this successfully for our other car, an xDrive45e PHEV, but when I try to set the tariff for the iX it immediately brings up an error “something went wrong” retry/cancel dialog…

If this works for others, then I can assume it may be something about my unique situation… vs. a known bug for other BMW iX vehicles in the My BMW app…
Nope - "Energy Tariff" is inop on mine too (you can add the cost manually from another app, ChargePoint for example)....
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2022, 09:24 AM   #66
SteveIsles
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 iX 50, 2021 X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin1 View Post
Nope - "Energy Tariff" is inop on mine too (you can add the cost manually from another app, ChargePoint for example)....
Whew! So it's not just me
Appreciate 1
Paladin15527.00