BMW iX Forums BMW iX Discussions

09-26-2022, 05:25 PM   #177
LeeInCT
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F87 m2, iX D50

Quote:
Originally Posted by av0789 View Post
Mine switched over to "in transit" 2 weeks ago however I called genius and they said it's still at port. Who knows when it'll actually move
In transit to another port ? Sometimes they transport the car to another port to get the car across the pond. It would be "in transit" for that transport part? Just guessing.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2022, 07:59 PM   #178
TXSchnee
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 XM

So my SA finally got into contact with someone at Dispatch. Apparently mine was one of the few missing some wiring harness (even though ones finished the day after had it) that they parked in an overflow lot until the harness was available. It has been installed, apparently, but never been assigned to an actual carrier, it is just sitting there. Dispatch in NJ was going to try to get an answer from AG as to why it hasn't been assigned, but I didn't hear anything back from my SA so my guess is there isn't an answer yet, or they literally let it slip out of their tracking system so it is just sitting. Pretty annoyed I have been given the "logistics" line for 9 weeks while there was an answer. Per my SA "they are pointing fingers and blaming the supply chain".
2020 Porsche Cayenne E Hybrid (sold)
2018 X3 M40i (sold)
Appreciate 1
CaboM41361.50
      09-26-2022, 08:07 PM   #179
LeeInCT
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F87 m2, iX D50

sorry to hear that. This is one missed step leading to another. that's is what I was told when the BMW NA customer relations called me one week ago: a wiring harness
for you, They plucked your iX out of the shipping queue 2/2 to the missing part, but never put it back in after fixing it.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2022, 08:49 PM   #180
CaboM4
BMW Aficionado
Rep
Drives: 23 i7,23 iX,24 Silverado

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSchnee View Post
So my SA finally got into contact with someone at Dispatch. Apparently mine was one of the few missing some wiring harness (even though ones finished the day after had it) that they parked in an overflow lot until the harness was available. It has been installed, apparently, but never been assigned to an actual carrier, it is just sitting there. Dispatch in NJ was going to try to get an answer from AG as to why it hasn't been assigned, but I didn't hear anything back from my SA so my guess is there isn't an answer yet, or they literally let it slip out of their tracking system so it is just sitting. Pretty annoyed I have been given the "logistics" line for 9 weeks while there was an answer. Per my SA "they are pointing fingers and blaming the supply chain".
WOW ... BMW has totally fallen off the edge here and drowning in the deep end!
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2022, 06:53 AM   #181
Bertram Wooster
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW iX50

Quote:
What a nightmare. What’s the next step to getting this resolved?
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2022, 07:14 AM   #182
TXSchnee
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertram Wooster View Post
Quote:
What a nightmare. What’s the next step to getting this resolved?
I have no idea. At this point we will probably reject it when it comes in, about 99% on that at this point. Possibly reorder next year, or whenever the supply chain is actually back up (who knows when that will be). I still need to find out why it wasn't assigned to a ship and when that may actually happen.
2018 X3 M40i (sold)
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2022, 09:47 AM   #183
Greg Staten
Private
Rep
Drives: ix xDrive50

Quote:
I have no idea. At this point we will probably reject it when it comes in, about 99% on that at this point. Possibly reorder next year, or whenever the supply chain is actually back up (who knows when that will be). I still need to find out why it wasn't assigned to a ship and when that may actually happen.
Man... I'm feeling for you. That completely sucks. But it is definitely true that supply chains are still a complete mess from the COVID debacles and haven't really recovered. I'm in high tech and we are still dealing with component shortages and don't expect full recovery until at least mid next year.

Thankfully, my iX seems to have been born under a good star as I confirmed this morning that it left Bremerhaven yesterday on the Horizon Highway and is due to arrive in Galveston on Oct. 13. They estimate a 7-10 days at the depot there before it is trucked to my dealership in Houston -- which means it will be ready to pick up while I'm in Los Angeles for a nine day business trip! Because "of course"!

It will be a nice treat, though, once I get back in town.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2022, 05:24 PM   #184
HTown2022
Rep
Drives: BMW X5M Competition

Congratulations Greg!!

My M60 is still at the port awaiting slow boat to Galveston . . .but I get to live vicariously through getting to see your iX's progress. Congratulations!
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2022, 12:30 PM   #185
TXSchnee
Major
United_States
Rep

Update: Still not assigned to a carrier so this is where things stand now. This iX is still under my name with first right to refusal, and I am back on a list to reorder. Probably sometime early/mid next year, not at end of list, but behind people that have already been given their firm # in line. So it appears that I will have an iX M60 at some point, even if it pushes into mid 2023 (if we refuse the lame duck sitting for 2 months and still not even assigned to go to port).
2018 X3 M40i (sold)
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2022, 04:06 PM   #186
thorws
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2023 iX M60

My M60 status changed to in transit today. That didn't correspond with any boats that I was familiar with so I chatted with SA who told me I'm on Orion Highway that departed Bremerhaven (per schedule) 4 days ago.

Even though I don't have to have the car and this whole experience has soured me on BMW (considering my car rolled off production in May), I will probably take delivery since I'll likely soon tire of my current cars and uncle Sam will pay for $7,500 of this one. Plus, MSRP has risen so I would have that to look forward to if I were inclined to order in the future.

Now the question is PCD or not. SA says A) campaigns will be cleared up at port and B) I cannot even book a PCD time until campaigns are cleared up, BUT C) car will get off the boat in Brunswick if no PCD (for Atlanta dealer), Charleston if I want PCD. Huh? I am rather surprised they pile ~6K vehicles on a boat without knowing the offload order before the load.

Thoughts? Is PCD worth further uncertainty around delivery timeline, but most likely adding 3 - 4 weeks? If I understand correctly, customer cars are not driven in PCD... I wish I could just get my car at the dealership and do PCD later. That certainly helps with logistics also.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2022, 05:43 PM   #187
sor
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2023 iX M60 Oxide

Garage List
2023 BMW iX M60  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by thorws View Post
My M60 status changed to in transit today. That didn't correspond with any boats that I was familiar with so I chatted with SA who told me I'm on Orion Highway that departed Bremerhaven (per schedule) 4 days ago.

Even though I don't have to have the car and this whole experience has soured me on BMW (considering my car rolled off production in May), I will probably take delivery since I'll likely soon tire of my current cars and uncle Sam will pay for $7,500 of this one. Plus, MSRP has risen so I would have that to look forward to if I were inclined to order in the future.

Now the question is PCD or not. SA says A) campaigns will be cleared up at port and B) I cannot even book a PCD time until campaigns are cleared up, BUT C) car will get off the boat in Brunswick if no PCD (for Atlanta dealer), Charleston if I want PCD. Huh? I am rather surprised they pile ~6K vehicles on a boat without knowing the offload order before the load.

Thoughts? Is PCD worth further uncertainty around delivery timeline, but most likely adding 3 - 4 weeks? If I understand correctly, customer cars are not driven in PCD... I wish I could just get my car at the dealership and do PCD later. That certainly helps with logistics also.
Moving to in transit a few days after the boat leaves has been standard for BMWs ever since I began ordering maybe 14 years ago.

There's a bit of a lag on the tracker. Some people get their cars delivered before it shows "at dealership".
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2022, 08:00 AM   #188
TXSchnee
Major
United_States
Rep

Week 10 "Awaiting Carrier Assignment". I did post an update somewhere a few comments back, but the dealership has stepped up efforts and a compromise has been found.
2018 X3 M40i (sold)
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2022, 09:41 AM   #189
Bertram Wooster
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW iX50

Quote:
Week 10 "Awaiting Carrier Assignment". I did post an update somewhere a few comments back, but the dealership has stepped up efforts and a compromise has been found.
Also week 10 awaiting carrier assignment. Dealer non responsive. What a terrible purchasing experience.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2022, 11:03 AM   #190
Ditlow
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 540i

Quote:

I just did PCD this month.

My dealer put in paperwork for PCD before the car had finished production in June. My ix was still offloaded in Brunswick, recalls/software updates applied, and trucked to Spartanburg.

It arrived in Brunswick August 11th. Recalls closed on August 17th, received available delivery dates on the 23rd, trucked on the 29th, delivered to me at PC on September 9th.

Had a blast at Spartanburg, they even had an ix60 to drive on the track for me.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2022, 12:35 PM   #191
thorws
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditlow View Post

My dealer put in paperwork for PCD before the car had finished production in June. My ix was still offloaded in Brunswick, recalls/software updates applied, and trucked to Spartanburg.

It arrived in Brunswick August 11th. Recalls closed on August 17th, received available delivery dates on the 23rd, trucked on the 29th, delivered to me at PC on September 9th.

Thanks for sharing your experience, Ditlow . So it looks like PCD did slow up your delivery at least 2 weeks - agreed? Interesting about Brunswick contrary to what my SA says, though my SA says plenty that defies logic.

At what point did you sign paperwork? Did you have a trade?
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2022, 12:58 PM   #192
Ditlow
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 540i

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditlow View Post

Thanks for sharing your experience, Ditlow . So it looks like PCD did slow up your delivery at least 2 weeks - agreed? Interesting about Brunswick contrary to what my SA says, though my SA says plenty that defies logic.

At what point did you sign paperwork? Did you have a trade?
Yeah, every post I saw said it would be offloaded in Charleston; even people adamant with immeasurable confidence that it was impossible for it be offloaded elsewhere, but for whatever reason mine offloaded in Brunswick anyway. 🤷

It made it to Spartanburg on August 30th, so I guess 9 or 10 days?

For me it was worth it and I would 1000% do it again and I'm not even really much of a "car guy" and definitely not a track guy. It really just made taking the new car that much more "special". You also avoid some dealer antics like adding paint protection or whatever if that's a concern for you.

Every person I interacted with from the moment I got into the airport shuttle until the moment I left the facility was excited that I was there, or at least pretended to be.

I had no trade and I was signing paperwork the day before delivery, but I'm told that's unusual.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2022, 08:14 PM   #193
GSAT
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW iX

Did anyone’s status got updated to Intransit over the weekend for NY/NJ deliveries?

There were couple of vessels that left Bremerhaven Over the weekend to NJ/NY
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2022, 02:01 PM   #194
av0789
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '16 F80

Apparently my m60 was supposed to hit NJ port over the weekend. Did anyone hear about a stop sale or recall? My SA said there is some recall on IX M60 right now
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2022, 02:06 PM   #195
sor
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2023 iX M60 Oxide

Garage List
2023 BMW iX M60  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by av0789 View Post
Apparently my m60 was supposed to hit NJ port over the weekend. Did anyone hear about a stop sale or recall? My SA said there is some recall on IX M60 right now
Some of the recent M60s I'm aware of (including mine) had a stop sale that was cleared at the VPC within 2-3 days of landing at the port. Not a traditional recall but a "missing feature" stop sale.
Appreciate 1
av078956.00
      10-03-2022, 02:34 PM   #196
Katherinekb
Rep
Drives: Volvo XC90 BMW ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSAT View Post
Did anyone’s status got updated to Intransit over the weekend for NY/NJ deliveries?

There were couple of vessels that left Bremerhaven Over the weekend to NJ/NY
I was hoping mine was on one of those ships. It’s been at Port for 3 weeks. Called Genius today and it is still at port.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2022, 02:39 PM   #197
GSAT
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW iX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katherinekb View Post
I was hoping mine was on one of those ships. It’s been at Port for 3 weeks. Called Genius today and it is still at port.
Is yours heading to NewYork port as well?

Can you post here if at all yours changes to In-transit.
I'll do the same.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2022, 03:25 PM   #198
thorws
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSAT View Post
Is yours heading to NewYork port as well?

Can you post here if at all yours changes to In-transit.
I'll do the same.
My M60 changed to in transit over the weekend after 3 weeks at the port following about 15 weeks "awaiting carrier assignment". I don't know where to tell ship but SA confirmed Orion Highway. I still have not decided on PCD or not.

I noticed a couple recent posts asking about recalls/"campaigns" but haven't seen the link recently. Mine shows up on this one: https://bmw-recall-tool.netlify.app/

Mine doesn't show the sinister-sounding battery issue, but I am still not convinced there isn't something major wrong after 15+ weeks "awaiting carrier assignment" while many posters here have their 50s and 60s roll off production and delivered in a month or two.
Appreciate 1
TXSchnee1315.00