BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW iX Forums BMW iX Discussions

09-29-2022, 09:28 PM   #1
rtrgjrbmw
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2019 bmw x5 40i

Software bugs

Seems to me that there are a lot software bugs, Like aiposted early mine is the dealership been there for 10 days still waiting for corporate engineer's to come back with a fix. just wondering how many of us are out here sitting on a $100,000 driveway monument waiting for software repairs
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2022, 10:04 PM   #2
hugo_nz
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW iX Xdrive40 MSport

Garage List
2022 BMW IX  [0.00]
What exactly are the software bugs you are talking about? Other than the occasional CarPlay issue (which is 99% likely to be iPhone related) i don't have any issues I would consider bugs. Wishlist items, yeah, but certainly nothing that prevents me from enjoying the IX.
      09-29-2022, 10:07 PM   #3
JonoNZ
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW iX M60, Macan Turbo

Agree with hugo_nz, it's pretty smooth for me and I'd say bug free and responsive.

There are a few features I'd like to see come through but BMW has a pretty good track record to date with iDrive 8 and the app with steady feature drops. I'm happy so far.
BMW iX M60, Storm Bay with XPEL Stealth PPF, Exterior Line Titan Bronze, 1EW 22" 1023 Wheels, Amido Leather, Comfort Package, Interior Camera, Clear&Bold, Sun Protection Glazing, B&W Diamond Sound, Folding Towbar, Rear Axle Steering.
Appreciate 1
      09-29-2022, 10:22 PM   #4
sor
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2023 iX M60 Oxide

Garage List
2023 BMW iX M60  [0.00]
If I recall it was a problem with cruise control. Maybe something more because it sounds undriveable at this point based on the description above?
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2022, 11:37 PM   #5
deutsch100
Colonel
Rep
Drives: i7 60, XM, M3 Comp, 911 GTS

I get random driver assistance warning messages, and today it said ALL driver assistance systems permanently disabled when I hit a bump on the road whilst driving :-O , but the warning and notification cleared in seconds and was fine the rest of the day.

I don't know if this is a software bug, or just the usual "Bayerische Technologie" ha ha ha

I will say that I am LOVING the iX and look forward to driving it daily. It is beyond comfortable, has awesome A/C, HK sound is great, digital key is flawless, acceleration and handling are great, rear steering is a god send and I now love the way it looks (even from the front, LOL).
Appreciate 3
BeeBop192.50
vezir1752.00
      09-30-2022, 07:43 AM   #6
BeeBop
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW iX50

Quote:
Originally Posted by deutsch100 View Post
I get random driver assistance warning messages, and today it said ALL driver assistance systems permanently disabled when I hit a bump on the road whilst driving :-O , but the warning and notification cleared in seconds and was fine the rest of the day.

I don't know if this is a software bug, or just the usual "Bayerische Technologie" ha ha ha

I will say that I am LOVING the iX and look forward to driving it daily. It is beyond comfortable, has awesome A/C, HK sound is great, digital key is flawless, acceleration and handling are great, rear steering is a god send and I now love the way it looks (even from the front, LOL).
I agree with all the above. I have commented on a couple of threads how i find iDrive 8 glitchy - CarPlay is more glitchy in iDrive 8 vs previous versions, and I have non-responsive aircon on the screen showing everything as OFF but clearly on, and controllable from the voice control. There is a bit of a lag on voice control also.

I also love the car. Super smooth ride, amazing screen, great seats, great performance, and super spacious. I think its nose is beautiful...
Appreciate 3
deutsch1003945.00
Paladin15556.00
      09-30-2022, 09:26 AM   #7
deutsch100
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeBop View Post
I have non-responsive aircon on the screen showing everything as OFF but clearly on, and controllable from the voice control. There is a bit of a lag on voice control also.

I also love the car. Super smooth ride, amazing screen, great seats, great performance, and super spacious. I think its nose is beautiful...
If your Air Con is on, but the screen is showing OFF...you have a module or modules that have slipped into TRANSPORT MODE This happened to me on delivery day, and resulted in me not taking the car off the lot (and I told them if not easily fixed, the paperwork would be shredded and I would walk away). Luckily, the next day they fixed my iX and it has been great since.
Appreciate 1
      09-30-2022, 01:07 PM   #8
BeeBop
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW iX50

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeBop View Post
I have non-responsive aircon on the screen showing everything as OFF but clearly on, and controllable from the voice control. There is a bit of a lag on voice control also.

If your Air Con is on, but the screen is showing OFF...you have a module or modules that have slipped into TRANSPORT MODE This happened to me on delivery day, and resulted in me not taking the car off the lot (and I told them if not easily fixed, the paperwork would be shredded and I would walk away). Luckily, the next day they fixed my iX and it has been great since.
It started working again after I turned the car off and back on again so it lasted all of 10 minutes
Appreciate 1
deutsch1003945.00
      09-30-2022, 03:56 PM   #9
deutsch100
Colonel
Rep

When I got in my car today, all of my Sirius/Xm presets are gone. The option is not even there under audio source. Very strange. I have not had this happen, and I have had the car about a month. 🤦🏼*♂️
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2022, 09:08 PM   #10
rtrgjrbmw
Enlisted Member
Rep

Software bugs
Cruise control upper function stopped ie adaptive and Professional Assistant saying
function unavailable when i press mode button

idrive8 keeps rebooting

Safety functions keep turning off then pop up saying to contact service

I finally got through to service they wiped the system, reloaded it, but Cruise control did not come back they now think I may have bad camera and are running calibrations to validate then will contact corporate to see what they say, Then replace camera if needed. they say three working days I may get it back next weeks will post.

I got to say I am thinking about dumping the car when I get it back BUT I do love it and cant see anything I would buy athough eyeing EQS
Appreciate 1
deutsch1003945.00
      10-01-2022, 02:14 AM   #11
asrgt
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: X3 30i

Garage List
2022 BMW IX  [0.00]
Only had two software bugs for me so far one a random driver assistant unavailable cleared about 12 seconds later, The other was today started the car and a prompt came up stating driveline malfunction call roadside assist then cleared, car worked fine and no codes are stored. I'm going to put these down to bugs more than real faults but will be sure to post if the driveline warning is triggered again.

Overall however car has operated flawlessly and none of the bugs have been show stopping.
Appreciate 2
      10-03-2022, 09:41 PM   #12
rtrgjrbmw
Enlisted Member
Rep

Well it did not turn out as expected picked up car from dealer and after all the effort to fix cruise control turns out adaptive was never installed. It was ordered but when my SA went in to change my leather option he accidentally deleted my adaptive cruise option. And no it cant be installed now. Now if that ends up being my only issue I will be happy I do love the car As to the rebooting and the safety function stop working, all cleared with software reload.
I really appreciated all the great feed back thank you
Appreciate 1
deutsch1003945.00
      10-03-2022, 09:48 PM   #13
jcolinzheng
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 iX xDrive50

Quote:

This may be because the steering wheel temporarily blocked the console camera from seeing your eyes, due to your head movement during the bump. I had the same happening to me when I adjust the steering wheel position too low.
Appreciate 1
deutsch1003945.00
      10-03-2022, 11:14 PM   #14
deutsch100
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcolinzheng View Post
This may be because the steering wheel temporarily blocked the console camera from seeing your eyes, due to your head movement during the bump. I had the same happening to me when I adjust the steering wheel position too low.
Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2022, 11:39 PM   #15
ricerboi
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 50i, G30 M550i, iX 50i

Garage List
2021 BMW M550i  [0.00]
2016 BMW X5 50i  [0.00]
2022 BMW iX 50i  [7.50]
Constantly irritated with ID8 issues, especially when my wife (secondary driver, also paired) and her phone are also in the car and even though I'm using my paired key (which should default to my phone for CarPlay), it defaults to hers and it takes a while to link up. eSIM issues, memory function glitches here and there, not being able to default to massage seats and ventilated seats on startup, all minor.

All of those issues go away in my mind when I mash on the accelerator. Nothing beats the overall balanced drive of the iX on acceleration and the ride/handling. I take corners at almost 3 digits and it's SOLID, passing Teslas with ease. Once I finally upgrade to better wheels/tires in a couple weeks I can take some corners hard and with more confidence that the crappy OEM 255/50R21 tires.
Appreciate 1
deutsch1003945.00