04-22-2022, 07:22 PM   #67
ggalanis
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2023 iX 50, 1989 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrobX5 View Post
I hope so! I remember back in 2016 when I bought my first XC90 T8 I received $8,560 rebate back and then rebates got cancelled
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bird~Dawg View Post
Canadian federal budget today says they'll be expanding the federal EV credit to include more vehicles, particularly light trucks and SUV's. IX might still be too expensive to get a subsidy, but here's hoping. Details to follow from Transport Canada. The budget also includes a bunch of money for EV charging infrastructure.
In case anyone was holding their breath.

Here are the details:
From now on, a car must have a base Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) that is less than $55,000 (previously $45,000). Higher-priced versions of these vehicles, up to a maximum MSRP of $65,000 (previously $55,000), are also eligible.

Furthermore, larger zero-emission vehicles—such as SUVs, minivans and pick-up trucks (we’re looking at you, Ford F-150 Lightning) must have a base MSRP under $60,000. More expensive versions, up to a maximum of $70,000, can also get the rebate.

From https://www.guideautoweb.com/en/articles/65561/
Appreciate 1
      04-22-2022, 10:11 PM   #68
patrobX5
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 Volvo XC90 T8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggalanis View Post
In case anyone was holding their breath.

Here are the details:
From now on, a car must have a base Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) that is less than $55,000 (previously $45,000). Higher-priced versions of these vehicles, up to a maximum MSRP of $65,000 (previously $55,000), are also eligible.

Furthermore, larger zero-emission vehicles—such as SUVs, minivans and pick-up trucks (we’re looking at you, Ford F-150 Lightning) must have a base MSRP under $60,000. More expensive versions, up to a maximum of $70,000, can also get the rebate.

From https://www.guideautoweb.com/en/articles/65561/
I heard about this, so pathetic with those low limits Even the base F150 won't qualify starting at $68K
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2022, 06:50 AM   #69
venom21
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW IX50 Tesla MYP Prev: 530e

Bad news for my delivery timeline. Car has been stuck at Bremerhaven for 3 weeks awaiting shipment, now looking into June.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2022, 06:53 AM   #70
hugo_nz
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW iX Xdrive40 MSport

Garage List
2022 BMW IX  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by venom21 View Post
Bad news for my delivery timeline. Car has been stuck at Bremerhaven for 3 weeks awaiting shipment, now looking into June.
Mine was also but turns out the shipment update was delayed. Have heart…the wait will be worth it.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2022, 07:12 AM   #71
ggalanis
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2023 iX 50, 1989 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom21 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hugo_nz View Post
Mine was also but turns out the shipment update was delayed. Have heart…the wait will be worth it.
Are they still using Wallenius Wilhelmsen to ship the cars? If so, what do you get when you search for your VIN?

When I ordered my 3 series back in 2013 I could get some info like the boat the car was going to be on from their site using my VIN and could then track that boat using a different site. I literally had an iPad next to my screen at work dedicated to tracking the boat all day. Fun times.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2022, 08:46 AM   #72
NomoTesla
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW iX50

Quote:
Originally Posted by pL86 View Post
Was there any mention of any more feature deletes in the 2023 model year, beyond the lumbar delete on the front passenger seat that's already been implemented for the 2022 cars? I have an allocation for a 2022 iX that's being built as we speak but I am considering giving it up and waiting for a 2023 build but have some concern that BMW will delete other features like soft close doors with MY23. So far, it seems like the iX has been relatively well shielded against feature deletes compared to some other models like the X5 but I wonder if features will start disappearing as the iX moves beyond the launch model year.
You may end up paying considerably more for waiting. Prices keep going up. Is getting the passenger lumbar worth possibly paying $10k+ more? Just saying.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2022, 09:06 AM   #73
Paladin1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 iX xDrive50, DGM

Garage List
Quote:
Was there any mention of any more feature deletes in the 2023 model year, beyond the lumbar delete on the front passenger seat that's already been implemented for the 2022 cars? I have an allocation for a 2022 iX that's being built as we speak but I am considering giving it up and waiting for a 2023 build but have some concern that BMW will delete other features like soft close doors with MY23. So far, it seems like the iX has been relatively well shielded against feature deletes compared to some other models like the X5 but I wonder if features will start disappearing as the iX moves beyond the launch model year.
It's a crap shoot with BMW (and the world) of late - you might see features added back, but you're more likely to see additional deletions IMO if recent history is a guide. The world's chip production won't improve for years, and BMW seems more inclined to reduce features rather than limit production. Lumbar delete (which is actually across several models) may be the "least worst" scenario for some time.

Appreciate 0
      04-23-2022, 09:26 AM   #74
NomoTesla
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin1 View Post
It's a crap shoot with BMW (and the world) of late - you might see features added back, but you're more likely to see additional deletions IMO if recent history is a guide. The world's chip production won't improve for years, and BMW seems more inclined to reduce features rather than limit production. Lumbar delete (which is actually across several models) may be the "least worst" scenario for some time.

We had no chip issues in the past and suddenly, now, it's going to take years to catch up? I just don't believe it. The reason companies can't hire enough people is because they're not willing to pay. Publicly they say they can't find anybody while not raising their pay. They are so helpless. COVID showed everyone that there are other options to working yourself to death on an assembly line to make someone else rich.

Materials shortages... chip shortages... nothing that wouldn't be solved by lowering ludicrously high executive pay, capping profits, and raising everyone else's pay. The sad truth is the ones at the top would prefer to raise prices, cut production, and still cash in on their options, golden parachutes, etc.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2022, 09:42 AM   #75
Paladin1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomoTesla View Post
We had no chip issues in the past and suddenly, now, it's going to take years to catch up? I just don't believe it. The reason companies can't hire enough people is because they're not willing to pay. Publicly they say they can't find anybody while not raising their pay. They are so helpless. COVID showed everyone that there are other options to working yourself to death on an assembly line to make someone else rich.

Materials shortages... chip shortages... nothing that wouldn't be solved by lowering ludicrously high executive pay, capping profits, and raising everyone else's pay. The sad truth is the ones at the top would prefer to raise prices, cut production, and still cash in on their options, golden parachutes, etc.
More than fifty percent of the world's neon supply was located in Mariupol, Ukraine. Neon is essential in producing microcircuits - and is rather difficult to produce. No neon, no chips. Most of the remaining production is located in China or Russia. Also the location of the production of wiring harnesses for most vehicles produced in Europe, which fortunately can be moved and replaced, but not easily.
Things are not always as simple as they seem.

Last edited by Paladin1; 04-23-2022 at 09:49 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2022, 10:01 AM   #76
venom21
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW IX50 Tesla MYP Prev: 530e

Quote:
Are they still using Wallenius Wilhelmsen to ship the cars? If so, what do you get when you search for your VIN?

When I ordered my 3 series back in 2013 I could get some info like the boat the car was going to be on from their site using my VIN and could then track that boat using a different site. I literally had an iPad next to my screen at work dedicated to tracking the boat all day. Fun times.
You can no longer search for VIN on Wallenius Wilhelmsen. You have to ask your SA or call BMW Canada to see if its been shipped, then check the shipping schedule.
Appreciate 1
ggalanis2358.50
      04-23-2022, 10:28 AM   #77
Ceph299
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M550i

Quote:
Quote:
So talked to my salesman today while I was there for my brake oil change on my X5 and the tentative estimate is September for delivery and it will likely be a 2023 model. He said that they should have the pricing guide for the 2023 models in June and that was when we could discuss the trade-in value of my X5 as well and get the accurate packaging and pricing. Also specified that as of now they are not doing individual colors on the iX, which was something we would want for ours, but can't be sure about 2023 models. I still doubt they will do this but worst case, we take blue ridge mountain.
I don't know if you actually tried the lumbar massage capabilities in person in the iX, but I was unhappy about the lumbar delete until I tried the driver seat lumbar at my dealership once they got the iX. It was such a mild massage that I immediately no longer cared at all about the lumbar passenger delete lol. I would say it's more like a motion than a massage.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2022, 09:09 PM   #78
TheIX
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bmw X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceph299 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
So talked to my salesman today while I was there for my brake oil change on my X5 and the tentative estimate is September for delivery and it will likely be a 2023 model. He said that they should have the pricing guide for the 2023 models in June and that was when we could discuss the trade-in value of my X5 as well and get the accurate packaging and pricing. Also specified that as of now they are not doing individual colors on the iX, which was something we would want for ours, but can't be sure about 2023 models. I still doubt they will do this but worst case, we take blue ridge mountain.
I don't know if you actually tried the lumbar massage capabilities in person in the iX, but I was unhappy about the lumbar delete until I tried the driver seat lumbar at my dealership once they got the iX. It was such a mild massage that I immediately no longer cared at all about the lumbar passenger delete lol. I would say it's more like a motion than a massage.
I second that. Compared to the massage function on my old G550, The massage function on the iX leaves a lot to be desired.

Only lumbar massage options (no seat cushion or upper back), and more a flat pushing sensation on the lower to mid back versus a massage
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2022, 09:15 PM   #79
hellojed
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: ix xDrive50

Quote:
Thanks. My build is June and they said to allow up to 3 months for delivery to Ontario. Sounds like they may have been overly conservative on the shipping timeline. Underpromise, overdeliver. It would be nice to get it quicker.
Sounds like your order went in about the same time mine did (also in Ontario, order placed in feb). My SA is telling me my build is slated for the first week in May and should expect delivery “by June”. I wonder if my SA is overly optimistic or they are all guessing?
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2022, 01:50 AM   #80
patrobX5
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 Volvo XC90 T8

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellojed View Post
Sounds like your order went in about the same time mine did (also in Ontario, order placed in feb). My SA is telling me my build is slated for the first week in May and should expect delivery “by June”.
When did you put a deposit down?
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2022, 08:53 AM   #81
hellojed
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: ix xDrive50

Quote:
January
Appreciate 1
      04-24-2022, 10:19 AM   #82
Bird~Dawg
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 2018 X5 40e

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellojed View Post
Quote:
January
That's a much better timeline than me. I put my deposit down in July 2021 and got a July 2022 build date. They initially said to allow 2 to 3 months after build for delivery, but recently the sales manager estimated 4 weeks. I would think that they're making educated guesses based on recent experience with customer orders and shipping times from Germany.
Appreciate 1
      04-24-2022, 12:31 PM   #83
NomoTesla
Major
Rep

My dealer hasn't charged me a deposit. Is this something that is required to secure a spot? He told me it was ordered and sent me the sheet. Never followed up for the deposit event hough I reminded him a few times.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2022, 04:01 PM   #84
Paladin1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
My dealer hasn't charged me a deposit. Is this something that is required to secure a spot? He told me it was ordered and sent me the sheet. Never followed up for the deposit event hough I reminded him a few times.
My dealer didn't require a deposit and mine is in production - I suspect they think they can sell these as soon as they hit the floor. We've been customers at the same dealership for almost 20 years though, to the tune of a half-dozen cars or more (including shipping one we owned cross-country to a family member), but I don’t think we're a special case.
Appreciate 1
NomoTesla2029.50
      04-24-2022, 05:01 PM   #85
Bird~Dawg
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 2018 X5 40e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin1 View Post
Quote:
My dealer didn't require a deposit and mine is in production - I suspect they think they can sell these as soon as they hit the floor. We've been customers at the same dealership for almost 20 years though, to the tune of a half-dozen cars or more (including shipping one we owned cross-country to a family member), but I don't think we're a special case.
When I said deposit, I was referring to the (refundable) $2,000 they took to make the reservation last year. Didn't everyone pay that to get a spot in the queue?
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2022, 05:16 PM   #86
hugo_nz
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW iX Xdrive40 MSport

Garage List
2022 BMW IX  [0.00]
Quote:
When I said deposit, I was referring to the (refundable) $2,000 they took to make the reservation last year. Didn't everyone pay that to get a spot in the queue?
BMW NZ offers a dual deposit system. NZ$400 to get your name on a waiting list for dealer stock or cancelled orders or NZ$10k for a custom order build allocation. I was able to negotiate a a better deal due to my long-standing relationship with the dealership.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2022, 07:23 PM   #87
Paladin1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
In the US that doesn't seem any different than a deposit for a normal purchase (usually $1,000), but I'm sure that varies by dealer. Usually refundable, but for some dealerships maybe not. In the case of my dealer, I took over someone else's allocation that they declined, so was already in the "order" queue, and I'm assuming the original orderer got his/her deposit back if they indeed had one.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2022, 09:56 PM   #88
grueber
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW iX50 2023

I put a $1k deposit at my local BMW dealer in late Feb 2022. Got an order sheet and drive out price. No idea where I am in line or how many allocations the dealer gets each month. In retrospect I should have called around the 4-5 dealers in my area and ordered from the one with the shortest line.
Appreciate 0