skim
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 Z4MC

Climate control turns off automatically

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
When we leave the climate control on when shutting off the car, the next time we start the car, it's off. With physical climate buttons being gone, I just find it pretty annoying to turn it on manually every time I start the car. Is there a setting or update which will keep the climate control as I left it when starting the car back up?
      01-24-2023, 10:13 AM   #2
MAMOHT
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW iX xDrive50

If you have your keys tied to your profile and change the climate settings under your profile then it should work fine.
If by any chance you are using guest or that sort of things then there will be problems with settings being remembered.
Appreciate 1
deutsch1003932.50
      01-24-2023, 11:02 AM   #3
skim
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 Z4MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAMOHT View Post
If you have your keys tied to your profile and change the climate settings under your profile then it should work fine.
If by any chance you are using guest or that sort of things then there will be problems with settings being remembered.
Hmm, yea the profile stays the same (we always use the wife's key/phone). May just take it to dealer and see what's up.
      01-24-2023, 02:59 PM   #4
deutsch100
Colonel
Rep
Drives: i7 60, XM, M3 Comp, 911 GTS

Just a thought...is there someone's Apple Watch paired to the car involved, when another iPhone is being used as digital key?

If you are using the actual key fob, make sure in iDrive settings you link the key to an individual profile.

I have never turned my car off with the Climate active, and then return and have climate off upon re-start.

I would however LOVE to open the door to my parked iX in the garage and now have the radio and climate automatically turn on. This is a Tesla thing that drove me nuts!! WHY can't BMW copy Tesla's superior OTA software, and leave annoying quirks to Tesla?
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2023, 10:39 AM   #5
Paladin1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 iX xDrive50, DGM

Garage List
As an aside, mentioned elsewhere, if you set the steering wheel and seat heating heat to "On" at any level, it will automatically come on based on some algorithm and the interior temp you set, as well as the level set for seat/steering wheel heat. Haven't figured out yet what triggers it, but it automatically turns off when the interior temp is low enough. You can also use voice control, and the car recognizes which seat is being controlled by voice - "Turn off seat heating" from the passenger will only affect the passenger seat.
Appreciate 1
deutsch1003932.50