Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW iX Forums BMW iX Discussions

07-01-2022, 09:45 PM   #23
Refujeet
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X7

For the people that have charging history working, what does this page look like (specifically the charging history line?)
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-02-2022, 12:45 AM   #24
hugo_nz
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW iX Xdrive40 MSport

Garage List
2022 BMW IX  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Refujeet View Post
For the people that have charging history working, what does this page look like (specifically the charging history line?)
Here’s mine
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Refujeet263.50
      07-02-2022, 08:04 AM   #25
Refujeet
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugo_nz View Post
Quote:
Here’s mine
Thanks!

This doesn't solve the problem, but will at least help me ask the right questions with the service people.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2022, 08:11 AM   #26
zephyr1108
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: iX xDrive50

Quote:
I've got the identical screen where it shows charging history continually loading. You're on to something
Appreciate 1
Refujeet263.50
      07-02-2022, 08:22 AM   #27
CaboM4
BMW Aficionado
Rep
Drives: 23 i7,23 iX,24 Silverado

For my G05 it looks the same as those who posted for the I20
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2022, 10:31 AM   #28
Lanejcooper
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW iX50

I’m curious about this as well. My ability to lock/unlock/condition the iX from the app has gone away as well. I’m still unable to access the charging history. I did the reset (hold volume for 30 seconds) and “hard” reset (start/stop x3 followed by reset) with no changes
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2022, 06:57 AM   #29
Lanejcooper
Enlisted Member
Rep

This morning I removed my iX from the myBMW app, then repaired it by initiating via the app. I believe when I purchased the vehicle it magically appeared on the app on its own. After adding it this morning all of the features (charging history, remote access, etc) appear to be in working order. Now we’ll see if it lasts.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2022, 07:03 AM   #30
Refujeet
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanejcooper View Post
This morning I removed my iX from the myBMW app, then repaired it by initiating via the app. I believe when I purchased the vehicle it magically appeared on the app on its own. After adding it this morning all of the features (charging history, remote access, etc) appear to be in working order. Now we’ll see if it lasts.
That's encouraging.

I'm curious if it worked because you are in the US. I'll try that tonight…but I'm in Canada, so let's see.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2022, 11:36 AM   #31
zephyr1108
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
This morning I removed my iX from the myBMW app, then repaired it by initiating via the app. I believe when I purchased the vehicle it magically appeared on the app on its own. After adding it this morning all of the features (charging history, remote access, etc) appear to be in working order. Now we'll see if it lasts.
That's encouraging.

I'm curious if it worked because you are in the US. I'll try that tonight…but I'm in Canada, so let's see.
Any luck? I'm interested to try this if it worked for you. I'm currently out of town or I'd try myself
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2022, 11:46 AM   #32
Lanejcooper
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zephyr1108 View Post
Any luck? I'm interested to try this if it worked for you. I'm currently out of town or I'd try myself
Still working well
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2022, 05:03 PM   #33
Refujeet
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
This morning I removed my iX from the myBMW app, then repaired it by initiating via the app. I believe when I purchased the vehicle it magically appeared on the app on its own. After adding it this morning all of the features (charging history, remote access, etc) appear to be in working order. Now we'll see if it lasts.
That's encouraging.

I just removed the car from the app, and added it back.

That did the trick! Seems to be working now.

Note, I did not do any resets for the iDrive or other infotainment systems.
Appreciate 1
Paladin15556.00
      07-07-2022, 10:28 AM   #34
zephyr1108
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
That's encouraging.

Interesting. I got back this morning and tried this and it did not work.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2022, 09:32 AM   #35
Paladin1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 iX xDrive50, DGM

Garage List
Quote:
Interesting. I got back this morning and tried this and it did not work.
Not only that, it's not just a simple matter of removing it. I'm currently trying to remove my vehicle from the app, and it appears to be stuck - with the ominous message "removing all your data from this vehicle." I might end up with a factory reset. <sigh>
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2022, 10:42 AM   #36
Bornagain73
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 IX 50

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
That's encouraging.

Was this the screen you had ? I have not deleted my car yet to do the reset. Just want to make sure I am on the right track .
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-11-2022, 06:28 PM   #37
Paladin1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Sooo-finally successfully removed and re-added, and it didn't solve the problem. Also did a diagnostic reboot, no joy. Uninstalled, reinstalled app. Zip. It shows charging sessions accurately, just no history of same.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2022, 11:04 PM   #38
Refujeet
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornagain73 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
That's encouraging.

Was this the screen you had ? I have not deleted my car yet to do the reset. Just want to make sure I am on the right track .
Yup. That was the screen.
Appreciate 1
      08-13-2022, 09:19 AM   #39
Paladin1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Local Genius is contacting BMW because this seems to be not a one-of issue, and unresolved for some (including me) with any of the workarounds. And not uncommon with the MyBMW app with new models in my experience, eventually corrected with central updates/revisions, but sometimes taking weeks or months. Chasing software gremlins is not BMW's forte, you may have noticed.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2022, 10:11 AM   #40
Refujeet
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin1 View Post
Local Genius is contacting BMW because this seems to be not a one-of issue, and unresolved for some (including me) with any of the workarounds. And not uncommon with the MyBMW app with new models in my experience, eventually corrected with central updates/revisions, but sometimes taking weeks or months. Chasing software gremlins is not BMW's forte, you may have noticed.
Yeah, at least we know this is supposed to work everywhere. This will get fixed.

I feel like all of the traditional automakers need to rethink how they activate and verify these apps, and integration with the car. We recently bought a Porsche and their official process included bringing the car back to the dealership for the service people to verify an activation code! Crazy!
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2022, 12:26 PM   #41
blue202
Rep
Drives: IX50

Has anyone found a fix for this? I see the same thing as Refujeet under vehicle settings (ie spinning circle for enabling charging history) Main page says charging data not available. Everything else is working for me on the app, ie remote access, the new trip history tracker, etc.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2022, 12:35 PM   #42
Refujeet
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue202 View Post
Has anyone found a fix for this? I see the same thing as Refujeet under vehicle settings (ie spinning circle for enabling charging history) Main page says charging data not available. Everything else is working for me on the app, ie remote access, the new trip history tracker, etc.
Did you try removing the car from the app, and adding it back?
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2022, 01:11 PM   #43
Paladin1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Yeah, at least we know this is supposed to work everywhere. This will get fixed.

I feel like all of the traditional automakers need to rethink how they activate and verify these apps, and integration with the car. We recently bought a Porsche and their official process included bringing the car back to the dealership for the service people to verify an activation code! Crazy!
Well this one is widespread enough, with enough variety in users that it would have been obvious when they released the app, but they released it anyway. Welcome to the BMW world of beta testing!
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2022, 01:31 PM   #44
boblob
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: iX - Incoming

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue202 View Post
As another data point to this, I am still having the same problem. I have tried removing and re-adding my iX from the app and also the "hard reset" described in this thread and still get only the spinning circle for enabling charging history and no charging data available in the app. As with others, all other aspects of the app seem to be working fine for me.
Appreciate 0