BMW iX Forums BMW iX Discussions

09-17-2022, 04:23 PM   #23
LeeInCT
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F87 m2, iX D50

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor488 View Post
For what it’s worth I took delivery on Monday and have had zero issues. Software version 7/22.45
is that the latest one ? Maybe like iPhone , once needs to be mindful about which OS version to roll into.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2022, 04:29 PM   #24
razor488
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: GMC Denali

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeInCT View Post
is that the latest one ? Maybe like iPhone , once needs to be mindful about which OS version to roll into.
I haven't heard of someone with a later number so I guess it is.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2022, 08:02 PM   #25
RR_Bimmers
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 21' BMW X5MC, '23 BMW M4C Vert

Garage List
  [0.00]
The Latest

"Was just advised by our engineers are going to have us replace two Aux water pump for the high voltage battery. The part will not be in till 9-27-22. Then we will replace and follow up with our finding to the engineers."
Appreciate 2
      09-22-2022, 02:06 AM   #26
levelbm
Banned
Rep
Drives: m5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakhred View Post
Will send pictures later this week for those who are interested.

Listed on cars.com:

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/8...ff=share_other

Was looking for a sale area in this part of the forum but didn't find it.

Thanks!
Is the car in good condition?
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2022, 03:59 AM   #27
BeeBop
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW iX50

Had mine a couple of weeks. I'd describe it as "glitchy". Main issue is camera failure when parking - the system only works 40% of the time. iDrive 8 has crashed twice, and once the climate control visual display was set to "OFF", some controls weren't responsive, but the underlying system was working and could be controlled by voice. The iX feels more like "technology" than "mechanical" - and I am not sure why that has to be the case. An electric car is fundamentally simply changing the motor propulsion system - the UI doesn't need to be so bleeding edge to the extent that it is unreliable. Although i do like it when it works!

Car booked in for next week to look at the camera fault.
Appreciate 1
deutsch1003943.50
      09-22-2022, 07:52 AM   #28
RR_Bimmers
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by levelbm View Post
Quote:
Will send pictures later this week for those who are interested.

Listed on cars.com:

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/8...ff=share_other

Was looking for a sale area in this part of the forum but didn't find it.

Thanks!
Is the car in good condition?
Yes, besides everything I've described here. I'm already working with BMW on a buy back. A case has been opened.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2022, 09:55 AM   #29
RR_Bimmers
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
30 non-resolvable errors and a water pump that is going to be replaced. I'm going to be getting every penny back, but in my opinion this platform has been an absolute failure. This opinion is based on personal experience and reading some of the posts.
Appreciate 1
deutsch1003943.50
      09-25-2022, 09:59 AM   #30
sor
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2023 iX M60 Oxide

Garage List
2023 BMW iX M60  [0.00]
Plenty of people seem to be loving their iX, but you have every right to be upset and have a bad opinion after what you've been through!
Appreciate 1
deutsch1003943.50
      09-25-2022, 10:01 AM   #31
CaboM4
BMW Aficionado
Rep
Drives: 23 i7,23 iX,24 Silverado

Quote:
30 non-resolvable errors and a water pump that is going to be replaced. I'm going to be getting every penny back, but in my opinion this platform has been an absolute failure. This opinion is based on personal experience and reading some of the posts.
I agree you received a lemon, but thankfully this isn't the experience of the masses. I have experienced some of the nonsensical software issues as others (non-responsive digital key+ after sitting 1+ days, no charging history on MyBMW app, etc.) but my iXM60 is fairly rock solid (so far) otherwise.

I'm sorry you're having tons of issues, but I hope you thoroughly enjoy the M4C vert ... that will be an awesome car!
Appreciate 2
deutsch1003943.50
Paladin15556.00
      09-25-2022, 10:57 AM   #32
Paladin1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 iX xDrive50, DGM

Garage List
Yep, we're a vocal minority with problems and delights, but overall the iX is a landmark car for BMW (and likely the EV industry). Unfortunately beset with the world's problems in the worst timing in the world for a new model release, but undoubtedly will shake out in the coming months and years. I don't think there's any going back for the auto industry to evolve to cheaper, faster and more luxurious electrics, and ultimately more dependable, with an expanding infrastructure. The dust will need to settle - and it is - but I think in time the iX will be a classic. In the meantime, the cutting edge is an uncomfortable place to be, and most of us are experiencing that to varying degrees, including I suspect BMW.
Appreciate 4
      09-25-2022, 11:02 AM   #33
deutsch100
Colonel
Rep
Drives: i7 60, XM, M3 Comp, 911 GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin1 View Post
Yep, we're a vocal minority with problems and delights, but overall the iX is a landmark car for BMW (and likely the EV industry). Unfortunately beset with the world's problems in the worst timing in the world for a new model release, but undoubtedly will shake out in the coming months and years. I don't think there's any going back for the auto industry to evolve to cheaper, faster and more luxurious electrics, and ultimately more dependable, with an expanding infrastructure. The dust will need to settle - and it is - but I think in time the iX will be a classic. In the meantime, the cutting edge is an uncomfortable place to be, and most of us are experiencing that to varying degrees, including I suspect BMW.
100%. While I had a rough start and bad experience on delivery day with my iX (modules we now know revert to Transport Mode for no reason), both my iX and my spouse's iX have been perfect (besides from a few random and very temporary phantom warning messages).

But, we are both loving our iXs and they have been trouble free, are as comfy and cushy as a full size Range Rover, all in car electrics work great and they are fun to drive.
Appreciate 2
      09-25-2022, 08:38 PM   #34
RR_Bimmers
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Thanks all. Will be my last post here. I certainly don't want to be a distraction, but wanted to ensure those who are considering the iX see my experience as well. It's what makes the forums a rich resource. Thanks!
Appreciate 2
deutsch1003943.50
Paladin15556.00
      09-25-2022, 11:00 PM   #35
deutsch100
Colonel
Rep
Drives: i7 60, XM, M3 Comp, 911 GTS

Quote:
Thanks all. Will be my last post here. I certainly don't want to be a distraction, but wanted to ensure those who are considering the iX see my experience as well. It's what makes the forums a rich resource. Thanks!
It does not need to be your last post. Keep up posted. Knowing the good and bad is important. I had a NIGHTMARE experience with my 2022 Audi e-tron Sportback, but I still contribute to the e-tron online forum.
Appreciate 2
Paladin15556.00
      09-26-2022, 08:50 AM   #36
Paladin1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 iX xDrive50, DGM

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by deutsch100 View Post
It does not need to be your last post. Keep up posted. Knowing the good and bad is important. I had a NIGHTMARE experience with my 2022 Audi e-tron Sportback, but I still contribute to the e-tron online forum.
Ditto with a 2018 Q7; continue feedback - each drop is part of the ocean....
Appreciate 1
deutsch1003943.50
      09-27-2022, 04:55 PM   #37
JK479
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: I6-> iX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plony View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin1 View Post
Giving a pass for worldwide events, semiconductor shortages and parts shortages, BMW has had years of experience with EVs, in spite of having produced a modern, mainstream version only recently. They've also had OTA rollouts for some time and their controlling app, MyBMW, has been out for years as well. The ongoing cascade of random issues with this car (to be fair, mine has been relatively trouble-free) is inexcusable for a legacy manufacturer - beginning with multiple significant recalls out of the chute, progressing to apparently unrepairable main battery issues and including multiple software faults in iD8 and the remote app, often making the car undriveable. And all these on top of continuing production and delivery stalls, along with randomly removing advertised features, make BMW's entry into the premium - and expensive - EV market a fairly unmitigated disaster, in spite of having produced a world class groundbreaking electric vehicle - if you can get one, and if it works. Not quite a Pinto or an Edsel debacle, but it wouldn't take much right now. Get your act together Munich!
I second that. With probably less than 3,000 iX sold in the US so far, the number of unresolvable complaints we've encountered here and other forums represents a not insignificant percentage. Very disconcerting for someone whose order just entered production.
True- they just axed the executive package too. So it's like this car debuted too soon. Or the parts are so scarce it can't be assumed you will have a loaded car even if the order is accepted.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2022, 05:07 PM   #38
CaboM4
BMW Aficionado
Rep

BMW has done a complete face plant on the handling of the current parts shortage and setting expectations or communicating with customers. This costs nothing to do well but I suspect will cost them many long term customers due to their poor ability to manage through this situation
Appreciate 4
TXSchnee1315.00
ricerboi836.00
deutsch1003943.50
      09-27-2022, 07:03 PM   #39
TXSchnee
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 XM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaboM4 View Post
BMW has done a complete face plant on the handling of the current parts shortage and setting expectations or communicating with customers. This costs nothing to do well but I suspect will cost them many long term customers due to their poor ability to manage through this situation
Exactly this. The iX roll out has been Ford Explorer and Bronco levels of bad. I will probably permanently move to Porsche, which has it's own issues but nothing like I have dealt with on this iX. Especially not pleased when my M60 has an MSRP of $119,520 (US) as fully loaded as it can be, and they still couldn't be bothered to ship it.
2020 Porsche Cayenne E Hybrid (sold)
2018 X3 M40i (sold)
Appreciate 1
deutsch1003943.50
      09-27-2022, 08:02 PM   #40
CaboM4
BMW Aficionado
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSchnee View Post
Exactly this. The iX roll out has been Ford Explorer and Bronco levels of bad. I will probably permanently move to Porsche, which has it's own issues but nothing like I have dealt with on this iX. Especially not pleased when my M60 has an MSRP of $119,520 (US) as fully loaded as it can be, and they still couldn't be bothered to ship it.
I was definitely as frustrated as you while waiting ... but have simmered down now that I have the vehicle .... besides a few software bugs I'm thrilled with the vehicle
Appreciate 1
deutsch1003943.50
      09-27-2022, 10:29 PM   #41
thenewguy
thenewguy
Rep
Drives: 2023 iX M60

I've been on the fence about taking delivery with mine after reading all of these comments and the fact that this is going to be my ONLY vehicle for personal use (ongoing nightmare with section 179 and bonus depreciation to track mileage so, I just don't do it and want total segregation with vehicles), I don't want to get it and then have it back with the dealer, constantly. Now, however, I'm wondering if I should accept delivery since it's loaded, except for leather interior, and see if resale isn't too bad in the next year or two? It's a much more attractive purchase if I'm not being smacked with a 45% resale hit after 24 months.
Appreciate 1
deutsch1003943.50
      09-27-2022, 10:49 PM   #42
sor
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW iX M60  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewguy View Post
I've been on the fence about taking delivery with mine after reading all of these comments and the fact that this is going to be my ONLY vehicle for personal use (ongoing nightmare with section 179 and bonus depreciation to track mileage so, I just don't do it and want total segregation with vehicles), I don't want to get it and then have it back with the dealer, constantly. Now, however, I'm wondering if I should accept delivery since it's loaded, except for leather interior, and see if resale isn't too bad in the next year or two? It's a much more attractive purchase if I'm not being smacked with a 45% resale hit after 24 months.
It's easy to get cold feet reading car forums because they tend to be high in issues, people looking for help. My impression though is there are far more people on the forum who are happy with their car despite some minor issue here or there. You're just not going to see individuals continually gushing about their car, maybe one initial "I got my car, yay!".
Appreciate 2
      09-28-2022, 03:54 AM   #43
ncatoffice
Private
Rep
Drives: Audi, Lexus

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewguy View Post
Most used cars are losing value fast. I think the next couple of years will be brutal. I have been playing around with carvana etc to see my cars’ values, and in the last 15 days, it’s dropped by upwards of 10% on all sites

Last edited by ncatoffice; 09-28-2022 at 03:55 AM.. Reason: Spelling
Appreciate 1
deutsch1003943.50
      09-28-2022, 08:12 AM   #44
sor
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW iX M60  [0.00]
Yeah used car prices will go back to normal at some point within the next year or two. The days of selling a two or three year old car for the original MSRP are a short term anomaly. They've got a way to drop considering I sold my car for 40% above normal, but they will drop.
Appreciate 4