BMW iX Forums BMW iX Discussions

09-27-2022, 04:57 PM   #45
JK479
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: I6-> iX

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeBop View Post
Over on ********, there's a thread about all these options being removed from peoples orders but then reappearing a couple of days later - seems as though BMW are changing the option packages and the dealerships don't have a clue what's going on.
My dealer confirmed they were missing. How can you verify it will have the same options you signed for? Besides waiting for delivery??
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2022, 05:03 PM   #46
JK479
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricerboi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by deutsch100 View Post
Genesis GV60 EV is in production, and I drove one and negotiated on one. Our local dealer has sold at least 10-12. I liked the iX better, but now the Genesis is looking better with all options and no deletes
Not to hijack the thread but how is the GV60? I was looking at it as a "beater" EV as a secondary car, not caring about the range and space as I would just take my current iX50 for that. Having had 2 i3's, they were perfect "beater" EVs as they were small, easy to park, and fun to throw around.
VW id4 or Audi Q4 Etron could be that small EV you want…
Appreciate 1
ricerboi834.50
      09-27-2022, 05:39 PM   #47
sor
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2023 iX M60 Oxide

Garage List
2023 BMW iX M60  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JK479 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Genesis GV60 EV is in production, and I drove one and negotiated on one. Our local dealer has sold at least 10-12. I liked the iX better, but now the Genesis is looking better with all options and no deletes
Not to hijack the thread but how is the GV60? I was looking at it as a "beater" EV as a secondary car, not caring about the range and space as I would just take my current iX50 for that. Having had 2 i3's, they were perfect "beater" EVs as they were small, easy to park, and fun to throw around.
Lots of angst over the last few months on the iD forums regarding status codes, production times, 2022 orders pushed to 2023, etc (comparable to here). Watching this thread as well…

https://www.vwidtalk.com/threads/imp...n-issues.7969/
Appreciate 2
deutsch1003936.00
Paladin15554.50
      09-27-2022, 05:55 PM   #48
JK479
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sor View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Lots of angst over the last few months on the iD forums regarding status codes, production times, 2022 orders pushed to 2023, etc (comparable to here). Watching this thread as well…

https://www.vwidtalk.com/threads/imp...n-issues.7969/
I guess it's plaguing a lot of German makes.

Not that I am comparing them to Jeep- but no one wants the Wagoneer for example. And they are chuck full of options and chips. 30 to 40 at my local dealer.

Yet on a bmw- if I want upgraded audio- it has to be a wing and a prayer.

Could all this chip and supply chain drama just be a way for automakers to take control and profits back? I've long debated this whole fiasco was caused almost on purpose to generate profit while essentially increasing the price of cars in the long run
Appreciate 1
deutsch1003936.00
      09-27-2022, 06:05 PM   #49
deutsch100
Colonel
Rep
Drives: i7 60, XM, M3 Comp, 911 GTS

Quote:
I could not wait to dump my 2022 e-tron. Audi is a software and electronics dumpster fire!! Spend about 30 mins on e-tron forums....you will run from any Audi product!

We test drove the iD.4; not bad, but not good. The window control switches have to be the worst designed in the world, I mean actually WTF?! And the iD.4 air conditioning, is typical VW awful. It was about 105F, and even with the A/C on max....after almost 20 mins of driving, the cabin was still hot, air doesn't blow strong or even cold. Even the saleslady admitted they were getting tons of A/C complaints!
Appreciate 1
ricerboi834.50
      09-27-2022, 06:07 PM   #50
deutsch100
Colonel
Rep

Quote:

Not that I am comparing them to Jeep- but no one wants the Wagoneer for example. And they are chuck full of options and chips. 30 to 40 at my local dealer.

Could all this chip and supply chain drama just be a way for automakers to take control and profits back? I've long debated this whole fiasco was caused almost on purpose to generate profit while essentially increasing the price of cars in the long run
I truly and sadly believe a lot (of course not all) of the parts and supply shortages are being artificially forced on us and is created
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2022, 07:50 PM   #51
BinQuake
Private
Rep
Drives: Mercedes-Benz E400

Quote:
Quote:

I truly and sadly believe a lot (of course not all) of the parts and supply shortages are being artificially forced on us and is created
I want to let you know that on 9/23 my SA also told me the ultimate package will not be available anymore due to the shortage and no idea when they are coming back. My order scheduled for late Oct will be a base base model.

But then he sent me another email saying it was a mis understanding. The factory send the new build sheet with all packages break down into new names instead of the old ultimate package. So everything looks good and it's still the same.

Maybe yours is the same?
Appreciate 1
deutsch1003936.00
      09-27-2022, 10:00 PM   #52
engnrng
Registered
Rep
Drives: MachE, iX on order

Quote:
Originally Posted by BinQuake View Post
I want to let you know that on 9/23 my SA also told me the ultimate package will not be available anymore due to the shortage and no idea when they are coming back. My order scheduled for late Oct will be a base base model.

But then he sent me another email saying it was a mis understanding. The factory send the new build sheet with all packages break down into new names instead of the old ultimate package. So everything looks good and it's still the same.

Maybe yours is the same?
Call from my SA today that BMW is only building base models for the next month or two. They have 4 orders (including mine) for Ultimate level iX, but the next allocation provided by BMW will be a base model. He said the last time something similar happened, BMW resumed building the high option versions a couple of months later. He offered the base model to me, I declined after I saw what was not included. He said my order is still in their system and he will call when they resume building the Ultimates or similar.
Appreciate 1
deutsch1003936.00
      09-28-2022, 12:28 AM   #53
thenewguy
thenewguy
Rep
Drives: 2023 iX M60

Quote:
Originally Posted by sor View Post
This sounds unreal. At that point they should just stop producing. Many of these features probably involve parts that are probably not iX specific either.

Do they really have to delete "iconic sound effects" based on part shortages? Come on. Deleting HK? Isn't that the base sound system? It's just going to come with no sound at all, or some no name basic system that's non standard in US build?

Seems like a great time to pick a built car already at the German port and just pay the $500 broker fee.

FWIW my dealer seems to be trying to weasel out of our buy, they keep reminding me that they could be getting $10k over sticker from someone else. And they stage these phone calls where I'm talking to the CA and someone says to them loudly "What? We are still doing this deal?" I don't know your dealer but I wonder if there's a chance they just want you to cancel.
Word on the street is that all new iX builds will have a macaw that's been taught the iconic sounds package. Not subject to chip shortages and these beautiful birds get a home.
Appreciate 5
falconey483.00
Paladin15554.50
deutsch1003936.00
bwherry115.50
      09-28-2022, 04:03 AM   #54
ncatoffice
Private
Rep
Drives: Audi, Lexus

The new packages to replace the Ultimate Package 2 will be Premium Package and Driving Assistance Professional Package.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2022, 07:42 AM   #55
TechCTU
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X5 M60i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin1 View Post
M60 order is in, on the anticipation the options won't be diddled with as much as the iX50. Looks to be missing only the interior camera and the usual lumbar delete and hands-free tailgate right now....
Did you order a M60? Keeping the 50?
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2022, 08:20 AM   #56
Paladin1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 iX xDrive50, DGM

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechCTU View Post
Did you order a M60? Keeping the 50?
Have my 50 (which I'm liking a lot) but ordering the M60 for spouse; so far just a placeholder with an order in (no quota), but hope to have an order/production # soon. Vehicle inquiry has everything on it (with the known previous deletes), but we shall see...
Appreciate 2
deutsch1003936.00
TechCTU766.00
      09-28-2022, 09:54 AM   #57
TechCTU
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X5 M60i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin1 View Post
Have my 50 (which I'm liking a lot) but ordering the M60 for spouse; so far just a placeholder with an order in (no quota), but hope to have an order/production # soon. Vehicle inquiry has everything on it (with the known previous deletes), but we shall see...
I really like the 60, range is better than I thought it would be. I do miss the tailgate delete.
Appreciate 2
deutsch1003936.00
Paladin15554.50
      09-28-2022, 09:40 PM   #58
ricerboi
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 50i, G30 M550i, iX 50i

Garage List
2021 BMW M550i  [0.00]
2016 BMW X5 50i  [0.00]
2022 BMW iX 50i  [7.50]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yeah was definitely looking at those as a second EV to best around on. Funny I'm typing this at an EA station next to 5 ID.4's. I didn't know that they had this many issues so thanks for that. I'm guessing Q4 e-tron (not plain e-tron) will probably have similar issues since it's basically a rebadged ID.4.

Guess with the options/package issues on new iX's I should be appreciative I pre-ordered my iX50 back last July and have most of what I wanted?
Appreciate 1
deutsch1003936.00
      09-28-2022, 11:25 PM   #59
deutsch100
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Yeah was definitely looking at those as a second EV to best around on. Funny I'm typing this at an EA station next to 5 ID.4's. I didn't know that they had this many issues so thanks for that. I'm guessing Q4 e-tron (not plain e-tron) will probably have similar issues since it's basically a rebadged ID.4.

Guess with the options/package issues on new iX's I should be appreciative I pre-ordered my iX50 back last July and have most of what I wanted?
Audi is having massive problems with e-tron (original), Sportback, GT and now Q4. Kind of a total sh*t show to be honest!

I too am thankful that both our iX have most options and features that we wanted or "needed", considering that about 90% of these items will be removed for all 50 builds for a while
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2022, 11:38 PM   #60
Day Laborer
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 CS / iX 50i

Garage List
  [0.00]
I suggest grabbing what you can from the October batch that just went into production here

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
Part-time with Next Level Auto Brokers, LLC https://www.instagram.com/nextlevelautobrokers/
Appreciate 1
deutsch1003936.00
      09-30-2022, 12:44 PM   #61
RIP_MKVI
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C / 2023 iX50

looks like the packages are now back in the online builder. B&W sound system is also available for the iX50 under Premium Package.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2022, 02:37 PM   #62
Greg Staten
Private
Rep
Drives: ix xDrive50

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIP_MKVI View Post
looks like the packages are now back in the online builder. B&W sound system is also available for the iX50 under Premium Package.
Aww man... B&W is back for $3400. ARGH!!! (I have other choice words, but...)

So... now do I refuse the one that's on the boat and order again or? Going to have to think about this...
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2022, 02:42 PM   #63
Pictor
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 iX xDrive50

Garage List
Quote:

The chip shortage is coming to an end. Other than the issue with the fire at the fab plant in Japan that I think mostly affected Ford. Going forward, I'm also calling BS on the auto industry although this is a real wakeup call for the single supplier dependency. I suspect labor is probably a bigger issue than chips... excuse me while I order a new iPhone.

Some other industries have already started diversifying their products to support different chipsets where they can with only minor changes to software.
Appreciate 2
deutsch1003936.00
Paladin15554.50
      10-01-2022, 07:46 AM   #64
JK479
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pictor View Post
Quote:

The chip shortage is coming to an end. Other than the issue with the fire at the fab plant in Japan that I think mostly affected Ford. Going forward, I'm also calling BS on the auto industry although this is a real wakeup call for the single supplier dependency. I suspect labor is probably a bigger issue than chips... excuse me while I order a new iPhone.

Some other industries have already started diversifying their products to support different chipsets where they can with only minor changes to software.
Great point- iPhone shifted to India and bam- it's up and running in record time
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2022, 11:22 AM   #65
chubby1
Rep
Drives: 550ix

Do we know if BMW is now assembling the ix with the $7k large option package?
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2022, 02:33 PM   #66
thenewguy
thenewguy
Rep
Drives: 2023 iX M60

Quote:
Great point- iPhone shifted to India and bam- it's up and running in record time
I think the bigger issue, going forward into 2023, is that Germany may be facing industrial shut-downs due to energy conservation efforts. I suspect that would put quite the dent in production capacity and expected sales goals for their EV line.
Appreciate 2
deutsch1003936.00
Paladin15554.50