BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board

06-02-2010, 06:02 PM   #1
lux.sh
missing two turbos.
United_States
Rep
Drives: fast around corners.

Garage List
[Educated Haters] Which Automotive brand do you hate the most? Why?

Like the title says. Which brand do you hate and why?

As a car enthusiast, I try to stay neutral when it comes down to brand vs brand debate, unless the debate or arguement is related to subjective matter (where there is no correct/incorrect answer).

There is one brand however, I just can't stand. That is Chrysler. Merged with MB or whatever, that brand pumps out most uninspiring, boring, and behind the trend technology vehicles. From PT cruiser to Sebring, their line-up is totally retarded imho. The design of 300 is alright, but it looks like a Bentley knock-offs to me. They never made anything that was exciting to automotive industry, and I'm still wondering (since I was 16) how they are still in business. Given, their market penetration goal is intended for older crowds, even older people that I know say Chrysler is plain boring.

Second is Suzuki. I don't know what they are doing. I had a Suzuki crap car as a rental once. I'll die before I go back and grab that vehicle's steering wheel.

: Prior Design Front : ACS Rear : ACS Roof : BlackLines : Simota Intake : Carbon Fiber Interior Trim :
: MTEC V3 : 24% Charcoal : V1 Hardwired : Solaris Invisibulbs/LED interior :
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2010, 06:03 PM   #2
shuarma
Banned
Rep
Drives: AW e92

bmw

seriously though, i hate Ford only because Henry Ford was a big anti-semite and i don't take too kindly to anti-semites
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2010, 06:03 PM   #3
Kensta335
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe

Probably Saturn cause their cars look like shit.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2010, 06:06 PM   #4
lux.sh
missing two turbos.
United_States
Rep

Garage List
oh saturn is a good one. Saturn is pretty bad. Though I give them props for trying to make an inspring vehicle (ex: sky).

: Prior Design Front : ACS Rear : ACS Roof : BlackLines : Simota Intake : Carbon Fiber Interior Trim :
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2010, 06:08 PM   #5
lux.sh
missing two turbos.
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by shuarma View Post
seriously though, i hate Ford only because Henry Ford was a big anti-semite and i don't take too kindly to anti-semites.
Just did a quick search and read some interesting stuff. I never knew.
With the whole anti-semite issue however, do you apply it towards all german brands? I take your "bmw" response as a serious one now.

Appreciate 0
      06-02-2010, 06:15 PM   #6
scollins
Bootleggin' 'n Gunrunnin'
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3 M40i

Hello, YUGO!

As for current brands, there are some that I'm not a huge fan of, but I can't really say I "hate" any of them. I can probably find at least one car from just about every manufacturer that I would own, or at least admire for what it represents (value, innovation, technology, aesthetics, etc.)
2013 Ducati Multistrada Touring S, Red
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2010, 06:17 PM   #7
lux.sh
missing two turbos.
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by scollins View Post
Hello, YUGO!

As for current brands, there are some that I'm not a huge fan of, but I can't really say I "hate" any of them. I can probably find at least one car from just about every manufacturer that I would own, or at least admire for what it represents (value, innovation, technology, aesthetics, etc.)
Don't tell me you have a vehicle in Chrysler line-up that you would admire...

Appreciate 0
      06-02-2010, 06:20 PM   #8
silvergray545
Skittles, OT OG
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: Lots of M cars

Garage List
2016 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
2000 BMW M Roadster  [0.00]
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
2014 VW GLI  [0.00]
I hate 95% of the American car companies line up. But if I had to pick one specific brand that I hate, it would be Mazda. They make the most boring cars ever, seriously. But aside from that, I don't think their cars are that great. I have a 99 Millenia that I drive in the winter. It has 120k miles on it and it's falling apart. My friend has an 06 Mazdaspeed6. That car is nothing but problems. It was pretty much stock except for a BOV and intake. The drivers door randomly caught on fire one day, just out of nowhere. When it was getting fixed at the dealer, they saw that he replaced his boost tubes (small rubber hoses) with after market ones and they voided his warranty. The fire was caused by something electrical in the door itself. It had nothing to do with the motor. My other buddy has a 08 (I believe) Mazdaspeed3. Just after he first got it, he had to take it back in because the crank seal was leaking. After that, I don't think he even had 10k miles on the car and the turbo went bad on it. Seems like those cars are nothing but problems these days.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2010, 06:33 PM   #9
Topless 335i
Captain
Armenia
Rep
Drives: AW E93 335i

Quote:
bmw

seriously though, i hate Ford only because Henry Ford was a big anti-semite and i don't take too kindly to anti-semites
lol so was disney...didn't you ever watch a disney movie?
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2010, 07:48 PM   #10
chd2
Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 M3 DCT

Hmmm, i'd have to say Smart. Useless, and you can get better mileage in a 4 door, 5 passenger, BMW 335d...with a trunk.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2010, 08:26 PM   #11
ChineseGuy
QuickShifter
Rep
Drives: Black E90

Audi

Poor reliable.
Screwed up weight distribution.
AWD that happens like a FWD.
Expensive.

These are all subjective, and I'm not here to start war with anyone here. If you like Audi then good luck to you.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2010, 08:27 PM   #12
scollins
Bootleggin' 'n Gunrunnin'
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by lux.sh View Post
Don't tell me you have a vehicle in Chrysler line-up that you would admire...
That is a tougher one, but how about the 300 SRT8? I think that is a worthwhile vehicle. And while I'm not a minivan fan, the Chrysler T&C has some innovative features (folding rear seats, etc.)

Dodge, as the sister company, has obviously the Ram truck (love the Cummins Diesel!) as well as the Viper.
2013 Ducati Multistrada Touring S, Red
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2010, 08:43 PM   #13
Alexander
Mad tyte EuR0 style boooi <--- Joke
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30, E85, MKVI

Saturn, Kia, Suzuki... I would absolutely never drive any of their cars even if it was that or walk home.

I dropped my mom off at enterprise one time and she calls me back ten minutes later to turn around. I say, Mom what happened? She goes they only have a fucking Suzuki. I go oh... well they aren't THAT bad. She goes bullshit I do not want to crash and die in that shit box.

Lol my mom...
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2010, 08:56 PM   #14
kaykay
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 ZCP

Garage List
The Toyota Prius.

Man I would torch every single one on the street if I could get away with it.

Consumers are so fucking stupid that buy these cars, it's truly pathetic. The people that drives these ugly, wasteful cars should be burned to the ground.

The Germans (VW, BMW, etc.) have been making Diesel cars that do 60MPG+ and all of the sudden the ugliest car in the world (the Prius) comes on the market and everyone is buying them and putting their fucking Obama stickers on them. Die. Really. Die.

The carbon footprint that the piece of shit Prius produces is bigger than an old-school Humvee.

Steel is made in Northern Canada, shipped to Europe for further processing, shipped to Japan for assembly and then shipped to the U.S. for sale. That in itself equals a bigger carbon footprint than a 1990 Geo Metro.

Read a great article in Wired magazine about the wastefulness of the Prius.

Did I mention it's one of the ugliest car in the world? Driven by some of the most selfish, ignorant ass fucks in the world.

Hate
'08 550i M-Sport, Carbon Black (Gone but not forgotten), '06 W211 E55 AMG (Gone, miss this animal),'01 E39 540i Sport
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2010, 09:02 PM   #15
sb335is
Captain
Rep
Drives: fast

Chrysler

God who buys those?
      06-02-2010, 09:11 PM   #16
Alexander
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
The Toyota Prius.

Consumers are so fucking stupid that buy these cars, it's truly pathetic. The people that drives these ugly, wasteful cars should be burned to the ground.

The Germans (VW, BMW, etc.) have been making Diesel cars that do 60MPG+ and all of the sudden the ugliest car in the world (the Prius) comes on the market and everyone is buying them and putting their fucking Obama stickers on them. Die. Really. Die.

The carbon footprint that the piece of shit Prius produces is bigger than an old-school Humvee.

Steel is made in Northern Canada, shipped to Europe for further processing, shipped to Japan for assembly and then shipped to the U.S. for sale. That in itself equals a bigger carbon footprint than a 1990 Geo Metro.

Did I mention it's one of the ugliest car in the world? Driven by some of the most selfish, ignorant ass fucks in the world.

Hate
What about the batteries??? They offset more carbon than a Land Rover puts out over a 10 year period.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2010, 09:12 PM   #17
Feyd
Major
Rep
Drives: a DEEZZULL

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
The Toyota Prius.

Hate

My God... I am with you on this. I used to live in Brentwood, CA and it was fucking FULL of them. Have you ever noticed that all of the priuses you see are all banged up? It's because Prius owners are the WORST fucking passive drivers.

There was a house over by the Brentwood country club that I used to jog by from time to time (literally a 7000-8000 sq/ft house) that had two prius's inside the open double garage door. Almost like they were advertising that they were offsetting their carbon footprint from running the AC 24/7 in that house by owning two of those?

I actually took this picture at the Long's (Now CVS) in Brentwood because it was such a joke.... The quintessential California Cliche'
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-02-2010, 09:13 PM   #18
JoosyJoos
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
1. Mercury.

I just don't get it. Whats different about it than Lincoln?

2. Toyota

Completely boring, uninspired vehicles that no one seems to know how to drive from point A to point B unless the pedal is stuck.

1997 M3 Coupe - BMWCCA I-Prepared #22
2006 M Roadster - 23,000 miles and slowly counting
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2010, 09:14 PM   #19
shuarma
Banned
Rep
Drives: AW e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by lux.sh View Post
Just did a quick search and read some interesting stuff. I never knew.
With the whole anti-semite issue however, do you apply it towards all german brands? I take your "bmw" response as a serious one now.
no, just because BMW functioned during Nazi Germany doesn't mean i am against them. and also, Mercedes-Benz's involvement in World War II (build gas chambers for concentration camps) does not mean they supported Hitler's ideas. they are a business and they basically had a choice to either collapse as a company or build these atrocious death contraptions. i believe that they were reluctant to do this, but you never know.

i have Jewish friends who refuse to buy ANY German car to this day and question me for supporting companies who helped kill my ancestors, but it's really primitive to live in the past and kind of stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topless 335i View Post
lol so was disney...didn't you ever watch a disney movie?
fuck him
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2010, 09:39 PM   #20
lux.sh
missing two turbos.
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
no, just because BMW functioned during Nazi Germany doesn't mean i am against them. and also, Mercedes-Benz's involvement in World War II (build gas chambers for concentration camps) does not mean they supported Hitler's ideas. they are a business and they basically had a choice to either collapse as a company or build these atrocious death contraptions. i believe that they were reluctant to do this, but you never know.

i have Jewish friends who refuse to buy ANY German car to this day and question me for supporting companies who helped kill my ancestors, but it's really primitive to live in the past and kind of stupid.

fuck him
Understood. Good to know that you at least have some flexibility in you. History is important and some are very sensitive about it (which I respect), but no reason to be stuck behind it. When its time to move on, we gotta move on. Sorry to hear about your ancestors. Shit like that won't happen again.

Appreciate 0
      06-02-2010, 09:41 PM   #21
lux.sh
missing two turbos.
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by scollins View Post
That is a tougher one, but how about the 300 SRT8? I think that is a worthwhile vehicle. And while I'm not a minivan fan, the Chrysler T&C has some innovative features (folding rear seats, etc.)

Dodge, as the sister company, has obviously the Ram truck (love the Cummins Diesel!) as well as the Viper.
T&C did introduce some cool features in the beginning. I still don't understand why Chrysler isn't busy rolling out different models or try different routes. Its like they are stuck in 1990.

For the Dodge, just like Chevy, can't really argue due to Viper and Corvette.

Appreciate 0
      06-02-2010, 09:43 PM   #22
Alexander
United_States
Rep

Es lebe heiligen Deutschland!
Appreciate 0