01-03-2020, 12:29 PM   #45
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Sunshine View Post
Just know if you see a flying Bob's big Boy, it's time to duck.
Mark and Brian really were leaders in MANY fields
Appreciate 1
      01-03-2020, 12:35 PM   #46
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

there might be a "make up" missle launch tonight i'll keep you posted
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2020, 01:02 PM   #47
eluded
2JZ-GTE
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: 340 6MT, 50e, others

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Silent View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by eluded View Post
Quote:
This is what I find funny:

Estimated speeds of "hypersonic" missiles: Between 3,836–7,673 mph

Reentry speed of current USA ICBM MIRV: Between 13,000–18,000 mph

What is the point of this thread again?
Their warhead(s),will be doing Mach 27 and is maneuverable. This renders the US anti missle/warhead interceptor Technology worthless.
That would be over 21,000mph. I call bullshit. Care to back it up with the Source of this statement?
Just google russia avangard
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2020, 02:03 PM   #48
Moonbat
Private
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Sunshine View Post
We already have the defenses in place. I'll give you a hint, it's just not sharks with laser beams on their heads. Many other animals have them. Wait, I've said to much. Just know if you see a flying Bob's big Boy, it's time to duck.
Well with a thousand forum members, chances are good we have a few PhD engineers with 25 years experience in missile defense, so I'll take your word for it. I had always wondered why there were more Big Boys stationed in the Western Midwest amongst our ICBM launcher fields. Enough said.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2020, 02:31 PM   #49
Captain Blood
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi S3....don't judge me

Garage List
2016 Audi S3  [9.50]
2012 135  [6.83]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
This is what I find funny:

Estimated speeds of "hypersonic" missiles: Between 3,836–7,673 mph

Reentry speed of current USA ICBM MIRV: Between 13,000–18,000 mph

What is the point of this thread again?
Their warhead(s),will be doing Mach 27 and is maneuverable. This renders the US anti missle/warhead interceptor Technology worthless.
That would be over 21,000mph. I call bullshit. Care to back it up with the Source of this statement?
Just google russia avangard
What they claim and what it does may be very different. There's a lot of skepticism that it's even operational.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34171.50
      01-03-2020, 02:53 PM   #50
PoorLurker
Custom User Title
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a bicycle

I have 0 insider knowledge of any government entity...

However, I am pretty sure that the highly classified stuff we have would be mind blowing, figuratively and literally.

Like car companies, they can easily come out with a 2021 model that will be mind boggling, however, they need to lead us along with incremental gains in performance, utility, etc.

How long did they have the SR71 before the public found out? reading about computing power and singularity - think about how advanced we've come since those days.

I have no fear of these comments about [insert foreign country] having nukes, long range capability etc.

From a PR perspective - the government probably enjoys these because they create a sense of fear in society's mind allowing them an upper hand. People who have fear are easier to "guide"
GO 'MURICA!
Appreciate 4
N54Yankee2706.00
MKSixer34171.50
UncleWede17877.00
Run Silent15127.00
      01-06-2020, 03:30 PM   #51
someguywithanm3
Private
Rep
Drives: E92

I'm sure we have some LASER defence system by now.

I wouldn't be surprised if we have powerful weapons in satellites...

But who cares, we'll probably see these new weapons used against Iran before they are ever used against Russia or China.

You should worry about the Chinese printing US dollars and the fact that they have thousands of secret agents in the country....(kidding, maybe)
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2020, 03:37 PM   #52
bimmer456
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by someguywithanm3 View Post
I'm sure we have some LASER defence system by now.

I wouldn't be surprised if we have powerful weapons in satellites...

But who cares, we'll probably see these new weapons used against Iran before they are ever used against Russia or China.

You should worry about the Chinese printing US dollars and the fact that they have thousands of secret agents in the country....(kidding, maybe)
They are spying on us with all the iPhones they make.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2020, 04:28 PM   #53
Salty Dog
Captain
Rep
Drives: Austin Mini,MBGLK, Porsche 993

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer456 View Post
They are spying on us with all the iPhones they make.
Shit!
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2020, 04:36 PM   #54
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Dog View Post
Shit!
Why do you think you keep getting THAT email, about your choice in videos??? I'm not even an acquaintance, and they sent me yours . . .

It's OK, you can blame it on MKSixer, as I figure he and I are the only ones who actually LIKE watching prancercise.
Appreciate 1
Salty Dog3572.50
      01-06-2020, 04:45 PM   #55
Salty Dog
Captain
Rep
Drives: Austin Mini,MBGLK, Porsche 993

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Why do you think you keep getting THAT email, about your choice in videos??? I'm not even an acquaintance, and they sent me yours . . .

It's OK, you can blame it on MKSixer, as I figure he and I are the only ones who actually LIKE watching prancercise.
I'll bet the Chinese are digging the Prancercise.
Appreciate 2
Rmtt8206.00
      01-06-2020, 07:32 PM   #56
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Dog View Post
I'll bet the Chinese are digging the Prancercise.
I'm going to get a Hweai or whatever it is phone and play nothing but Prancercise on it. It will be The Prancercise Enlightenment. Amirite, UncleWede ?
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 4
UncleWede17877.00
Rmtt8206.00
Salty Dog3572.50
      05-24-2022, 02:55 PM   #57
Captain Blood
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 Audi S3  [9.50]
2012 135  [6.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer456 View Post
So apparently Russia and China have these new weapons and the US does not nor does it have a middle defense against them. Perhaps the Space Force branch of the military is supposed to address this like the defunct Star Wars from the Reagan era? What do you think is the US falling behind? It looks like we have more aircraft carriers than anyone else though. Surprised Russia and China only have one each and Russia's is being repaired due to fire. Didn't the Japanese have several carriers in WWII and they were supposed to make battleships obsolete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by someguywithanm3 View Post
I doubt the US will go to war with Russia or China any time soon.
No contest either way.

US vs Russia

https://www.globalfirepower.com/coun...Submit=COMPARE

US vs China

https://www.globalfirepower.com/coun...Submit=COMPARE
I wonder how that has been revised since the Ukraine war started?
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2022, 10:16 AM   #58
ryan stewart
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 328it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Blood View Post
What they claim and what it does may be very different. There's a lot of skepticism that it's even operational.
They arent. The havent shown a truly maneuverable hypersonic missile, just theory based on the limited capability of the terminal phases of ballistic missiles. At best youre seeing the idea that they are BOTH hypersonic AND maneuverable, just not at the same time. Like putting a booster on a 20 year old frame

And we are seeing right now just how honest the Russian military is.
Appreciate 1
      05-25-2022, 10:21 AM   #59
ryan stewart
Major
Rep

Quote:
Looking at that the biggest factor is population anyway, which we all know is a farce. Iraq supposedly had the 4th "largest" military in 1991. How did that turn out? The whole "we have more bodies" thing doesnt really hold in the modern military of massive force multipliers. Sure, we wont want a land invasion from the north but who would even do that now?

And China doesn't have modern tech, their best operating carrier is from russia. How would you feel right now if your military was russian? Hell, they are still using ski-jumps. They bought a retired Aussie carrier and are trying to reverse engineer it into a "modern" carrier but haven't even completed that yet, not that they have the planes to launch off of it anyway.

Their entire military is based on reverse engineering other peoples stuff, its the same as all of their other products on the market.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2022, 11:52 AM   #60
Captain Blood
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 Audi S3  [9.50]
2012 135  [6.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan stewart View Post
Quote:
Looking at that the biggest factor is population anyway, which we all know is a farce. Iraq supposedly had the 4th "largest" military in 1991. How did that turn out? The whole "we have more bodies" thing doesnt really hold in the modern military of massive force multipliers. Sure, we wont want a land invasion from the north but who would even do that now?

And China doesn't have modern tech, their best operating carrier is from russia. How would you feel right now if your military was russian? Hell, they are still using ski-jumps. They bought a retired Aussie carrier and are trying to reverse engineer it into a "modern" carrier but haven't even completed that yet, not that they have the planes to launch off of it anyway.

Their entire military is based on reverse engineering other peoples stuff, its the same as all of their other products on the market.
Well put, but the Queen Elizabeth carrier I believe also has ski jump ramps
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2022, 05:57 PM   #61
ryan stewart
Major
Rep

Quote:
Well put, but the Queen Elizabeth carrier I believe also has ski jump ramps
Yes, and they have waffled on fitting catapults and arrestors hoping UAVs are the near future. But lets be honest here, is anyone really considering the Royal Navy a superpower anymore? Really its the US. Im not saying its a good thing we outclass everyone's military 10x over but we basically do in everything but sheer (conceptual) manpower.

Unless they are prepared to use nukes China just isnt anywhere near the military superpower people seem to want to frame them as. Their soft power skills though are quite good. But I think even they know, now seeing how badly their arms supplier is doing, their stick isnt nearly as big as they thought and invading a sovereign nation with an organized defense. One that is wealthy and across water. China would need to move a lot of ass via boat in open water against a country that can afford top flight anti-ship and coastal defenses. The losses for China in an invasion would be huge.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2022, 07:29 PM   #62
EezyBeezy
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW F[am]80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by UglyBuzzard View Post
Don't believe everything you see on the news. There is the media and there is the truth... especially, in a classified world.
We will be fine...
This, 100%.

Good intel key.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2022, 07:55 AM   #63
BMWILUVU
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 340ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan stewart View Post
Yes, and they have waffled on fitting catapults and arrestors hoping UAVs are the near future. But lets be honest here, is anyone really considering the Royal Navy a superpower anymore? Really its the US. Im not saying its a good thing we outclass everyone's military 10x over but we basically do in everything but sheer (conceptual) manpower.

Unless they are prepared to use nukes China just isnt anywhere near the military superpower people seem to want to frame them as. Their soft power skills though are quite good. But I think even they know, now seeing how badly their arms supplier is doing, their stick isnt nearly as big as they thought and invading a sovereign nation with an organized defense. One that is wealthy and across water. China would need to move a lot of ass via boat in open water against a country that can afford top flight anti-ship and coastal defenses. The losses for China in an invasion would be huge.
Completely agree that the Chinese military is way over-estimated compared with ours. This does not even factor in the top secret weapons we have in the secret programs.
Appreciate 0