Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Video + PC Gaming / Computing

12-22-2010, 07:08 PM   #23
GregTheStig
derp
Armenia
Rep
Drives: a Tuk Tuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
did the camaro work for b spec too? that's the one I'm having problems with, damn B spec
I haven't spent a lot of time in Bspec, I haven't done it yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleb350 View Post
FWIW, for the Indy race in the American GT series, I used a Cadillac Cien I won from the MR races series in B-spec.
I used NASCAR. The one I won from the challenge was a Toyota so I had a friend gift me his #88 Chevy NASCAR. I blew them away with ease.
      12-22-2010, 08:51 PM   #24
Freakazoid
Captain
Rep
Drives: Saturn Redline

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregTheStig View Post
I haven't spent a lot of time in Bspec, I haven't done it yet.

I used NASCAR. The one I won from the challenge was a Toyota so I had a friend gift me his #88 Chevy NASCAR. I blew them away with ease.

I did the cien myself, but really good idea with swapping the nascar for the american GT, I coulda/shoulda tried that with my bspec as well.

Supposedly #88 is the fastest nascar to boot, so in theory should make the series easier too
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2010, 10:02 PM   #25
GregTheStig
derp
Armenia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
I did the cien myself, but really good idea with swapping the nascar for the american GT, I coulda/shoulda tried that with my bspec as well.

Supposedly #88 is the fastest nascar to boot, so in theory should make the series easier too
That makes sense, I did the oil change glitch and I was lapping faster than my #11 Camry at Indy!

BTW, what do you guys think about me using this for Like the Wind?
Attached Images

Last edited by GregTheStig; 12-23-2010 at 10:57 PM.. Reason: Because TwitPic is fuking gay
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2010, 10:11 PM   #26
kyleb350
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 X3MC

^^^Sonnnn of a bitch, lol.

You guys try out the seasonal events yet? I'm trying to find a good FF car with <197HP and >800kg
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2010, 11:38 PM   #27
Freakazoid
Captain
Rep
Drives: Saturn Redline

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleb350 View Post
^^^Sonnnn of a bitch, lol.

You guys try out the seasonal events yet? I'm trying to find a good FF car with <197HP and >800kg

for the timed events there's a really easy way to tell which is the car to use....go to the rankings and see what cars everyone else is using
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2010, 08:56 PM   #28
1trip5
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Emme Tres

Garage List
2002 BMW M3  [0.00]
Greg, what kind of suspension setup did you run with the camaro?

I'm struggling to hold my own against the 2J and Toyota 7. I'm fully modded and puttin down about 560HP. Ive tried several suspension setups but I cant get good corner grip. Any tips on how you placed gold with this car?
      12-23-2010, 10:36 PM   #29
GregTheStig
derp
Armenia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1trip5 View Post
Greg, what kind of suspension setup did you run with the camaro?

I'm struggling to hold my own against the 2J and Toyota 7. I'm fully modded and puttin down about 560HP. Ive tried several suspension setups but I cant get good corner grip. Any tips on how you placed gold with this car?
Ah, yes. For me I struggled with front end grip, so I maxed out downforce front and back and added a few degrees of negative camber up front. Then I did toe out up front and lowered it a little bit. I'm sure there's a much better way to do it ... if my PS3 weren't being used for BluRay by my sis I'd go down and look it up for you. I'll come back and give you the exact numbers later.

In the meantime, I used racing softs and I bought an LSD (didn't adjust it at all) then I bumped up the max speed in the transmission a couple notches. Go and test run Grand Valley and Monaco and see what top speed works for you, that way you can get the best acceleration possible.

Then, it's a matter of luck. On G-Valley I was lucky because the 7 and the 2J were in the back. By lap 4 they caught up to me and with a little douche baggery I was able to hold them off - barely.

On Monaco it's sort of the same thing. Keep reloading the race (exit back to the A-spec menu and reload the race event) till the 7 and 2J are behind you. I was ruthless in that race (I rammed people that got in my way ).

EDIT: Assuming you have every performance part possible (including supercharger and stage 3 NA upgrades), change your oil. There's a bit of a glitch or something where even if you buy a new car changing the oil gives you a few more HP.

Last edited by GregTheStig; 12-23-2010 at 10:55 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2010, 12:05 AM   #30
1trip5
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2002 BMW M3  [0.00]
i've got the transmission dialed in perfectly. i hit my top speed just as it's time to brake into the straightaway exit.

once a 2j or toyota 7 passes you, it's game over. it seems the only way to pull this off is with those two cars behind you from the beginning. im hoping some suspension tinkering can give me the edge to hold them off.

it's a pain in the ass, but you save a ton of cash not buying one of the high end classics.
      12-24-2010, 04:53 PM   #31
1trip5
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2002 BMW M3  [0.00]
FYI, just beat deep forest historic with an Countach LP400. Talk about having too pull off the best 5 laps of your life.
      12-24-2010, 06:06 PM   #32
GregTheStig
derp
Armenia
Rep

lol yes, I drove my ass off to hold them off. At Monaco it seems once you get ahead they have trouble catching up to you. Actually between me and the douch - I mean 2J was a Ferrari that held them off for me

If you still need it, I put my front toe out .06, front camber was at .6 (I think there's only one way to go as far as in/out), and maxed out downforce. Also I lowered it about 4 mm front and back. I barely did any testing to find the perfect setup so I'm positive there's a better way to do it It was good enough for me at Monaco, barely good enough for GV.
      12-24-2010, 07:12 PM   #33
1trip5
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2002 BMW M3  [0.00]
the countach is pretty bad ass once you fully modify it and dial in an appropriate suspension for the track. totally impressed. if anyone wants my detailed settings to win on deep forest, I'll post up.

monaco was a walk in the park in comparison. the toyota 7 and 2J dont have enough straight track to gobble you up like deep forest. just hold inside racing lines and you are set.

as much of a pain in the ass as it was, i feel pretty bad ass about myself for taking on cars 15x the price.

I can't wait to win the Toyota 7 in B-spec. That thing is beastly!

On to extreme A-spec!
      12-24-2010, 07:20 PM   #34
1trip5
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2002 BMW M3  [0.00]
anyone have a skyline set up to win gold in Bonus Race 1 (seasonal events)? I can pull off silver in a tuned 09 Spec V. There was like a 13 sec gap between 1st place and myself. WTF.
      12-25-2010, 12:49 PM   #35
.:bHd:.
Major
Armenia
Rep
Drives: E92 335i MT

Just beat the historic cup with a modified countach. Gotta say one of the most anoying races. I wish I had decided to use the countach before buying an ac cobra and fixing it up. God damn that was a piece of shit

Appreciate 0
      12-25-2010, 07:19 PM   #36
HPFREAK
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: C6 ZO6

I will be getting GT5 tomorrow since my GF got me a PS3. Are you all using the standard controller or did you buy the steering wheel? The PS3 controller feels so foreign to me coming from Xbox.
      12-25-2010, 08:57 PM   #37
1trip5
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2002 BMW M3  [0.00]
i hate to sound like a control freak, but starting talk about steering wheels will send this thread way off-topic. we are trying to keep this related to in-game issues (car setups, driver selection, etc).

check out this thread and best of luck.

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=459243
      12-25-2010, 10:54 PM   #38
GregTheStig
derp
Armenia
Rep

(I just got a steering wheel today and love it)

Anyway... how bout those douchey Chaparrals?
      12-26-2010, 01:18 AM   #39
.:bHd:.
Major
Armenia
Rep
Drives: E92 335i MT

Wow the JGTC was the most fun I had in GT5. I picked an NSX prize car i had and pretty much every car on the grid had similar power to weight ratios. One of the ten lap races i came in first on the last lap. Too much fun.

Appreciate 0
      12-26-2010, 01:38 AM   #40
1trip5
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2002 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by .:bHd:. View Post
Wow the JGTC was the most fun I had in GT5. I picked an NSX prize car i had and pretty much every car on the grid had similar power to weight ratios. One of the ten lap races i came in first on the last lap. Too much fun.

I kinda cheated because I didn't wanna fork out the big cash for a JGTC right now. Used the Minolta racing car and totally demolished them. Once I buy a JGTC, I'm going back and doing it again for the sheer fun of it.

Regarding A-Spec DTM series:
I picked up the Lexus IS-F Racing Concept from the new car dealership and had no problem defeating the competition (only added racing soft tires and changed suspension a tad). It's only 750,000, which seems inexpensive compared to the other DTM cars. It's also nice that it is premium and you get the cockpit view.

Last edited by 1trip5; 12-26-2010 at 01:45 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2010, 04:11 PM   #41
GregTheStig
derp
Armenia
Rep

I used the Loctite NSX racer I happened to find and yes that series was a ton of fun. For DTM I was about to buy the Lexus but I found a BMW M3 GTR in the used car dealer and I didn't want to pass it up. A good driver can smoke those races without any upgrades.
      12-27-2010, 02:53 PM   #42
HPFREAK
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: C6 ZO6

On Topic(This time): I have nothing but trouble so far. thats it I think I am more suited to MW2 and BO. I can not get gold tropheys in any of the tests besides the first and the last test. I have no control with the regular controller. I need a wheel in order to have a chance at doing well in this game. The Top Gear events are the worst ever. They really fucked that one up. That bus race must of been created by liberal car hating terrorist.
      12-27-2010, 03:44 PM   #43
1trip5
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2002 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad@PSI MOTORS View Post
On Topic(This time): I have nothing but trouble so far. thats it I think I am more suited to MW2 and BO. I can not get gold tropheys in any of the tests besides the first and the last test. I have no control with the regular controller. I need a wheel in order to have a chance at doing well in this game. The Top Gear events are the worst ever. They really fucked that one up. That bus race must of been created by liberal car hating terrorist.

The license tests are very difficult to get gold in. The top gear tests are retarded. But I'll be damned if you don't feel amazing for completing either of them.

This isn't some arcade racer, it's a driving simulator. Practice makes perfect.
      12-27-2010, 06:16 PM   #44
GregTheStig
derp
Armenia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1trip5 View Post

The license tests are very difficult to get gold in. The top gear tests are retarded. But I'll be damned if you don't feel amazing for completing either of them.

This isn't some arcade racer, it's a driving simulator. Practice makes perfect.
+1 I just finished my first 300KM endurance race. Took me about 2 hours to do and the minute I lost concentration I slammed into a wall this game rewards you for hard work (in this case, a crappy Honda concept car) and bites your ass for messing up.