BMW iX Forums BMW iX Discussions

10-20-2023, 09:50 AM   #1
Savsearcher
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '23 M3 comp xdrive, '24 iX M60

New iX owner

Well, new-ish iX owner since it’s been a few weeks. The lease incentives were too good to pass up, and I was ready to move on from an X3 M40i that was nearing 4 years old. There was nothing wrong with the X3, but I got to a point where I was not enjoying the rougher ride and the seats were finally becoming an issue (read about the ventilated seat comfort in the X3 if you’re ever bored). I got a 2024 phytonic blue with the mocha sensatec.

Test drove the iX M60 and came away having enjoyed it more than I thought I would. I appreciate the roominess, and yes, that goes for the footwell in the front. I’ve read about how it makes it seem like a van, but for me, that space makes the cabin feel less restrictive. The interior as a whole is so well done, it’s comfortable, it’s airy, and it’s stylish. I immediately noticed how much more shoulder and elbow room I have in the iX compared to the X3, it’s almost like what do I do with my left arm now?

This is my first electric vehicle and I was nervous about taking that path right now. 98% of the driving will be local, with some road trips that won’t exceed 600 miles one way. Prior to committing, I mapped the destinations on BMW’s website and found the fast charging stations on the routes, and I realize that there’s no guarantee that they’re completely functional when I enventually use them, but part of this is about the adventure for me. I do like how the BMW app route has me stopping at multiple charging stations along the way, spending 10 minutes at some, 20 minutes at others. That seems very manageable. I have a 240v 14-50 plug in the garage (installed when the house was built, just in case), so I’ve been using the BMW provide fast travel charger at home, topping off at 80%, but I do it about every 4 days.

Now for the creature comforts - love the Bowers and Wilkins sound system, the air suspension is super comfortable, I have the seat settings just right, and I really like the glass roof, minus the electrochromic defect that I’ve posted about in another thread here. I’m looking forward to using the highway assistant on the first road trip. Acceleration is, well, it’s an electric vehicle. For as big and heavy as it is, it can move! At some point I’ll learn to be less heavy on the accelerator. Braking is interesting as a first time EV owner and I’m still trying to master it. Sometimes the car will coast, other times it will noticeably slow due to the adaptive braking but I haven’t figured out what triggers those behaviors. I just need more time with it.

Wishes? I think I would have rather had storm bay or oxide grey for the color. The phytonic blue can look very dark and it shows just about all the dirt and garage dust that accumulates on it. The cargo space with the rear seats up is not as spacious as the X3 (or at least doesn’t seem to be), but with the rear seats down, it’s the same if not larger. I don’t think I’ll miss a leather interior too badly, and with the dogs, I expect the sensatec will wear a little better.

Overall, I’m really happy with the iX at this point, and I didn’t expect it to be as fun to drive as it is. And as you’ll see, I have a fun car already (sorry for the sloppy license plate edits).
Attached Images

Appreciate 14
dazzapb1050.00
Paladin15556.00
darylp310951.50
Road Trip1370.50
frank70629.00
deutsch1003946.50
Bmwno6291.50
bmwix1182.00
sor3106.50
KRS_SN13538.50
      10-20-2023, 10:00 AM   #2
Pictor
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 iX xDrive50

Garage List
Nice ride(s).

Phytonic Blue is really growing on me and that was the color I had originally ordered until I switched to an already inbound vehicle that's Storm Bay.
Road Trip1370.50
deutsch1003946.50
      10-20-2023, 12:36 PM   #3
Road Trip
Captain
Rep
Drives: ‘24 iX M60 & ‘23 C8 Z06

Glad the iX is putting a smile on your face. My wife and I are Phytonic lovers. Happy times to you!
Appreciate 1
      10-20-2023, 02:08 PM   #4
Road Trip
Captain
Rep

I understand the darker the color, the more it shows dirt. That was our one concern about Phytonic. But it IOO looks so great clean (as your pictures show) Our plan to deal with it is two fold. First is ceramic coating 100% of it — so bugs, dirt, et all easily wash off. Second, we have with our current daily driver which is being replaced, already tested three, local, no-touch car washes, and found the best one. It is the kind where you drive in (no rails) and as long as you are within the pavement lines, the moveable high-pressure wash equipment with lasers or something, measures exactly where your car is and adjusts the washing equipment so it is at optimum distance from the car as it moves around the vehicle, doin its many step magic including drying it (again touchless), and then I drive way. If I get super fussy, in my garage I would get out just one microfiber towel and some detailer and clean up the few remaining water spots (usually from door mirror drip down) resulting from the couple of mile drive home and similar. We like our cars looking good even in winter, but it never will be maintained as a “show car.” But when they pout the de-icing crap on our road, for sure it will be washed soonest to get that stuff off of it.
Appreciate 2
      10-22-2023, 09:15 PM   #5
26theone
Private
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW iX xDrive50 (7/27/23)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savsearcher View Post
Well, new-ish iX owner since it’s been a few weeks. The lease incentives were too good to pass up, and I was ready to move on from an X3 M40i that was nearing 4 years old. There was nothing wrong with the X3, but I got to a point where I was not enjoying the rougher ride and the seats were finally becoming an issue (read about the ventilated seat comfort in the X3 if you’re ever bored). I got a 2024 phytonic blue with the mocha sensatec.

Test drove the iX M60 and came away having enjoyed it more than I thought I would. I appreciate the roominess, and yes, that goes for the footwell in the front. I’ve read about how it makes it seem like a van, but for me, that space makes the cabin feel less restrictive. The interior as a whole is so well done, it’s comfortable, it’s airy, and it’s stylish. I immediately noticed how much more shoulder and elbow room I have in the iX compared to the X3, it’s almost like what do I do with my left arm now?

This is my first electric vehicle and I was nervous about taking that path right now. 98% of the driving will be local, with some road trips that won’t exceed 600 miles one way. Prior to committing, I mapped the destinations on BMW’s website and found the fast charging stations on the routes, and I realize that there’s no guarantee that they’re completely functional when I enventually use them, but part of this is about the adventure for me. I do like how the BMW app route has me stopping at multiple charging stations along the way, spending 10 minutes at some, 20 minutes at others. That seems very manageable. I have a 240v 14-50 plug in the garage (installed when the house was built, just in case), so I’ve been using the BMW provide fast travel charger at home, topping off at 80%, but I do it about every 4 days.

Now for the creature comforts - love the Bowers and Wilkins sound system, the air suspension is super comfortable, I have the seat settings just right, and I really like the glass roof, minus the electrochromic defect that I’ve posted about in another thread here. I’m looking forward to using the highway assistant on the first road trip. Acceleration is, well, it’s an electric vehicle. For as big and heavy as it is, it can move! At some point I’ll learn to be less heavy on the accelerator. Braking is interesting as a first time EV owner and I’m still trying to master it. Sometimes the car will coast, other times it will noticeably slow due to the adaptive braking but I haven’t figured out what triggers those behaviors. I just need more time with it.

Wishes? I think I would have rather had storm bay or oxide grey for the color. The phytonic blue can look very dark and it shows just about all the dirt and garage dust that accumulates on it. The cargo space with the rear seats up is not as spacious as the X3 (or at least doesn’t seem to be), but with the rear seats down, it’s the same if not larger. I don’t think I’ll miss a leather interior too badly, and with the dogs, I expect the sensatec will wear a little better.

Overall, I’m really happy with the iX at this point, and I didn’t expect it to be as fun to drive as it is. And as you’ll see, I have a fun car already (sorry for the sloppy license plate edits).
I love that blue. Almost got another X5 that same color with same interior. I think the iX has so many good colors. I like the oxide gray, and the white too. I ended up with a black one as it was the one xDrive 50 they had on the lot with the configuration I wanted. They did have a white M60 that I was looking hard at as well. Its a lease but I want to ceramic coat it just to make washing easier. I hand wash it weekly (so far).
Appreciate 3
Road Trip1370.50
deutsch1003946.50
      10-22-2023, 11:54 PM   #6
Jeff661
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 iX x50 Stormbay Metalic

Garage List
2023 BMW iX x50  [0.00]
My last X5 was Phytonic. I didn’t think it was bad at showing dirt. I wanted a change and got StormBay which I do really like.
Appreciate 2
      10-23-2023, 07:55 AM   #7
Savsearcher
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '23 M3 comp xdrive, '24 iX M60

Quote:
Originally Posted by 26theone View Post
I love that blue. Almost got another X5 that same color with same interior. I think the iX has so many good colors. I like the oxide gray, and the white too. I ended up with a black one as it was the one xDrive 50 they had on the lot with the configuration I wanted. They did have a white M60 that I was looking hard at as well. Its a lease but I want to ceramic coat it just to make washing easier. I hand wash it weekly (so far).
Its funny, I know mine’s a lease, yet I am trying to tell myself that PPF is not something to concern myself with. I like the peace of mind it gives me on my M3, but I don’t want to dump money into a car I don’t own. But then I think, what if I like it so much that I buy it at the end of the lease term? Argh.
Appreciate 1
Road Trip1370.50
      10-23-2023, 08:49 AM   #8
drbluedevil
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW iX60-2024

Garage List
that's a LOT of money to drop on a leased vehicle...
Appreciate 1
deutsch1003946.50
      10-23-2023, 09:27 AM   #9
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

that's a nice set of rides you have.

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 1
      10-23-2023, 10:33 AM   #10
26theone
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savsearcher View Post
Its funny, I know mine’s a lease, yet I am trying to tell myself that PPF is not something to concern myself with. I like the peace of mind it gives me on my M3, but I don’t want to dump money into a car I don’t own. But then I think, what if I like it so much that I buy it at the end of the lease term? Argh.
I put full front PPF on my '22 X5 that I ended up keeping for less than a year. Driving from delivery got a small rock chip in the front of X5 before PPF was installed! Still paid for full front PPF $2k. On the iX since its a lease just cant do it as much as I would want to. I mean you can repaint the hood for much less than $2k. I think Im just going to do the cheaper spray on ceramic coating to make my life easier with washing etc and leave it at that.
Appreciate 1
      10-23-2023, 11:54 AM   #11
26theone
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 26theone View Post
I put full front PPF on my '22 X5 that I ended up keeping for less than a year. Driving from delivery got a small rock chip in the front of X5 before PPF was installed! Still paid for full front PPF $2k. On the iX since its a lease just cant do it as much as I would want to. I mean you can repaint the hood for much less than $2k. I think Im just going to do the cheaper spray on ceramic coating to make my life easier with washing etc and leave it at that.
I actually do alot of DIY stuff might look into PPF if I can find a cost effective option. Might start with something small like mirrors or headlights.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2023, 12:36 PM   #12
Fast400
Major
Germany
Rep
Drives: iX M60

Garage List
2014 BMW  [0.00]
Welcome to the group! Great color...
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
JDsX3507.00
Road Trip1370.50
Paladin15556.00
      10-23-2023, 09:17 PM   #13
Road Trip
Captain
Rep

Gorgeous, stunning, requisite color! Oh yes, we are totally biased for that is what we chose and is sometime later this year heading to us.
Appreciate 2
Paladin15556.00