General
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 335D E90

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by edgarj View Post
He's just a kid, OK, but he's a moderately mentally retarded kid who has obviously slipped through the cracks of our social wellfare system and is now piloting, to ill effect, a 3700lb missile around So.Cal. Hell, this guy may very well be elected President in 20 years if he plays his cards right and finds a "Rove".... and gets an editor for his "stream of consciousness" posts.
Stop trying to sound smart because you are clearly failing. How is he slipping through the cracks of our "social welfare system."

A kid in Laguna Beach (one of the most affluent neighborhoods in California) is clearly not "slipping through the cracks of our social welfare system." You live and learn and hopefully he learned from his accident. I feel the absolute worst thing you can do is continue to berate and lecture a kid as they just tend to tune you out after simply hearing too much. Your comments are a bit harsh while his in return have been a lot more mature than yours. How old are you again?
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2007, 12:44 AM   #90
edgarj
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC 335i View Post
Stop trying to sound smart because you are clearly failing. How is he slipping through the cracks of our "social welfare system."

A kid in Laguna Beach (one of the most affluent neighborhoods in California) is clearly not "slipping through the cracks of our social welfare system." You live and learn and hopefully he learned from his accident. I feel the absolute worst thing you can do is continue to berate and lecture a kid as they just tend to tune you out after simply hearing too much. Your comments are a bit harsh while his in return have been a lot more mature than yours. How old are you again?
OK. I'll stop trying to sound smart. Thanks for the sage advice. :rocks: I'm just gettin pubes, as per your question on my age. BTW, that's a very sexy man torso in your avitar. I'm confused now. I need to go.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2007, 12:48 AM   #91
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 335D E90

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Hey Edgarj, nothing against you, you seem like a level-headed guy but I think you're being a bit harsh. I just don't see why you have to call him mentally retarded other than to take part in the gang mentality. Just my opinion, but we can agree to disagree here.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2007, 12:58 AM   #92
edgarj
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i e92

It's not gang mentality. I'd have the same opinion if I was the only one rubbernecking this, our version of reality TV. A kid from such affluence attending community college and waxing vernacular about his daily trials and tribulations in moding his 335, and with such complete glibness, makes me think he may truly be a candidate for our sympathy. I'm actually advocating for him. I think we're picking on the diseased, and it must stop!
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2007, 12:59 AM   #93
Crazy Bimmer
The Jesal
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M_owns_you View Post
Well after my accident.........parents kinda got to thinking and said forget it to the black sapphire/ portland brown leather/piano black trim E60 M5 special order we've had for almost 2 months now. What a shame...though it WOULDNT have been mine i still would have been able to use it a few times a week. Whatever its not like they would've moded it up anyway, my parents would have kept it bone stock. If they were to hand it over to me though with some serious cash and say "do what you do and make this M5 special" then i would have put some flat black HRE 840R's on it with H&R coilovers, an ACS front air dam grill and carbon fiber lip, an Eisenman or super sprint full manifold back exhaust system....hmm whatelse....some Dinan engine software, pulley's and other things of that nature....andddd i think thats about it. Maybe a vorstiener hood too, wait no, for sure a vorstiener hood too. Damn that would be so fresh.
Sorry for your loss. We are here if you need someone to talk to.
      04-28-2007, 05:15 AM   #94
///M_owns_you
President
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Bimmer View Post
Sorry for your loss. We are here if you need someone to talk to.
Come on....all of you guys, seriously come on. What the hell is this? This isn’t a BMW forum, this a trash talking, young vs. old, wake up and talk shit on people forum that happens to talk about BMW's. It’s like coffee with your sugar.

This is so ridiculous that I’m honestly going leave this "forum." You would think that a group of individuals who where keen enough and hip enough to choose BMW as their choice company to follow, would be a group of level-headed, like minded, respectable, in the know type, generally wealthy and successful group of people. After all that’s what made up the BMW image of the past. So what the hell is this zoo of a forum where one guy posts his pics of his weekend, another of his new mod, another of his progress, a post here and there about a trial and a tribulation, a gain (a new e90/92) or a loss (an accident or whatever) AND ALL OF WHICH RECIEVE the most ridiculous, time wasting, energy burning, relentless, harsh, brash, and rude remarks that a car forum was never intended to have.

We're here because we all share one thing. Our passion for BMW, our passion for the E90/91/92/and 93, our passion for quality modifications, great meets, question about everything and anything that has to do with our beloved BMW's.

So tell me my fellow BMW followers? Why is it that when I post the progress of my E92, weather it be from the post about my order, to the day I received it, moded it, crashed it, and am now waiting for its return...why do I get told that there is no need for progress to be shown on this site. Are we not here to discuss and show our efforts and tastes in our modification may it be as simple as an air freshener or as extensive as a body kit? Why do we "young" people repeatedly get flamed for simple post such as mine about MY PARENTS cancelling THEIR order of an M5? Why am I told I am spoiled when it’s not even my car?

Basically, why are there so many irrelevant comments made on this forum? If someone says that their parents cancelled their order of a car, just say that sucks but whatever. What is all this talk about kids these days and whatever. Who cares? It is what it is at the end of the day, and none of your or my energy spent on defending views that have nothing to do with what we're hear for is worth the time we spend doing it.

People take things so serious on this forum. Who cares if someone accidentally re-posted something, or if they misspelled a few words, or if they're pics aren’t 18mega pixel photos, or if they're 18 years old or 81, or who bought them what they have or how, where they're from, what they went through as a child to get to where they are today and they now deserve a BMW more then such and such. Who cares...?

This is just a car forum people. Nothing more then a simple website with a few categories about a type of car. We act like we're diplomats or senators in congress fighting each other over different issues.

We here to appreciate and criticize one thing, BMW's.
Not me, not you, not your parents or mine, not where i live or you lived or where we now live, not how we got our cars, who paid for them and how old we are.

We're not here to prove ourselves or validate who we are, were, or have become. We're just here to talk BMW.

So why is there so much talk about other things? So much hate....and for what? Because someone driving a BMW is younger or older then you? Because someone re-posted something or said he doesn’t agree with your comment? Or didn’t add a pic?

If this is what this forum has become....if this forum which is supposed to represent and respect one of the most respectable and well represented companies, BMW, then I'm sorry but I should have terminated by user account long ago. This forum has wandered far astray from the very thing it was created for.
Black Sapphire 335i coupe/Saddle Brown leather/Aluminum trim-Sport Pkg, Premium Pkg, Navigation, PDC, Paddle shifters,Vishnu PROcede awaits, 20" iForged Essen, H&R springs, Milltek cat-back exhaust,side markers painted, 25% tint, V1 hardwired
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2007, 09:31 AM   #95
BigDog
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: YMB F80

Quote:
Come on....all of you guys, seriously come on. What the hell is this? This isn’t a BMW forum, this a trash talking, young vs. old, wake up and talk shit on people forum that happens to talk about BMW's. It’s like coffee with your sugar.

This is so ridiculous that I’m honestly going leave this "forum." You would think that a group of individuals who where keen enough and hip enough to choose BMW as their choice company to follow, would be a group of level-headed, like minded, respectable, in the know type, generally wealthy and successful group of people. After all that’s what made up the BMW image of the past. So what the hell is this zoo of a forum where one guy posts his pics of his weekend, another of his new mod, another of his progress, a post here and there about a trial and a tribulation, a gain (a new e90/92) or a loss (an accident or whatever) AND ALL OF WHICH RECIEVE the most ridiculous, time wasting, energy burning, relentless, harsh, brash, and rude remarks that a car forum was never intended to have.

We're here because we all share one thing. Our passion for BMW, our passion for the E90/91/92/and 93, our passion for quality modifications, great meets, question about everything and anything that has to do with our beloved BMW's.

So tell me my fellow BMW followers? Why is it that when I post the progress of my E92, weather it be from the post about my order, to the day I received it, moded it, crashed it, and am now waiting for its return...why do I get told that there is no need for progress to be shown on this site. Are we not here to discuss and show our efforts and tastes in our modification may it be as simple as an air freshener or as extensive as a body kit? Why do we "young" people repeatedly get flamed for simple post such as mine about MY PARENTS cancelling THEIR order of an M5? Why am I told I am spoiled when it’s not even my car?

Basically, why are there so many irrelevant comments made on this forum? If someone says that their parents cancelled their order of a car, just say that sucks but whatever. What is all this talk about kids these days and whatever. Who cares? It is what it is at the end of the day, and none of your or my energy spent on defending views that have nothing to do with what we're hear for is worth the time we spend doing it.

People take things so serious on this forum. Who cares if someone accidentally re-posted something, or if they misspelled a few words, or if they're pics aren’t 18mega pixel photos, or if they're 18 years old or 81, or who bought them what they have or how, where they're from, what they went through as a child to get to where they are today and they now deserve a BMW more then such and such. Who cares...?

This is just a car forum people. Nothing more then a simple website with a few categories about a type of car. We act like we're diplomats or senators in congress fighting each other over different issues.

Not me, not you, not your parents or mine, not where i live or you lived or where we now live, not how we got our cars, who paid for them and how old we are.

We're not here to prove ourselves or validate who we are, were, or have become. We're just here to talk BMW.

So why is there so much talk about other things? So much hate....and for what? Because someone driving a BMW is younger or older then you? Because someone re-posted something or said he doesn’t agree with your comment? Or didn’t add a pic?

If this is what this forum has become....if this forum which is supposed to represent and respect one of the most respectable and well represented companies, BMW, then I'm sorry but I should have terminated by user account long ago. This forum has wandered far astray from the very thing it was created for.
Cliff Notes! :rocks: :rocks: :rocks: :rocks: :rocks:
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2007, 10:50 AM   #96
Crazy Bimmer
The Jesal
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
People take things so serious on this forum.

You seem to have also. Go relax at on the beach.
      04-28-2007, 12:25 PM   #97
cm3rc
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90

Garage List
06 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by canucklion View Post
your parents should've used a condom 19 years ago
      04-28-2007, 12:43 PM   #98
herbz
hi
United_States
Rep
Drives: '86 325e

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgarj View Post
He's just a kid, OK, but he's a moderately mentally retarded kid who has obviously slipped through the cracks of our social wellfare system and is now piloting, to ill effect, a 3700lb missile around So.Cal. Hell, this guy may very well be elected President in 20 years if he plays his cards right and finds a "Rove".... and gets an editor for his "stream of consciousness" posts.

no offense or anything but i think every other kid in southern california drives a car like a 335i or even better. which is why i will never live anywhere near LA.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2007, 12:57 PM   #99
herbz
hi
United_States
Rep
Drives: '86 325e

Quote:

if you don't understand it yet, i'll try explaining why no one likes a 17 year old driving around a $50k car.

here's what someone like you has to do to get a 335i:
-turn 17

here's what most people have to do to get a 335i:
-have a shitty job in high school to be able to pay for shitty cars and whatever else.
-pay for at least 2 shitty cars themselves to be able to get them from point A to point B.
-turn 17
-turn 18
-graduate high school with good grades
-get into a good college
-turn 19
-turn 20
-turn 21
-graduate college with good grades
-turn 22
-get a well paying job
-turn 23
-get your life in order, with other priorities starting first, such as loans, buying a house, apartment, food, gas, heat, electricity, water, maintenence, marriage, etc.
-turn 24
-turn 25
-FINALLY start THINKING about getting a 335i.

i think people who have been around a little longer than you have had enough of seeing little dweebs driving around their ultra cars that they just got handed without having to do anything but get their license and turn 17. don't worry, when you get older, you'll feel the same way!

so, um, honestly if you want to leave this car forum, no harm done, i don't really think anyone would care, and if you can take one piece of advice from here it's DON'T TALK ABOUT YOUR PARENTS, BECAUSE NO ONE WANTS TO HEAR ABOUT HOW RICH THEY ARE, HOW THEY BOUGHT YOU A 335i, OR HOW THEY CANCELLED THEIR M5 ORDER AND WHAT MODS YOU WOULD HAVE DONE TO THE M5 *IF* THEY ORDERED IT.

bye! oh yeah, good riddance!
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2007, 01:15 PM   #100
schneid4323
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i, M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbz View Post

here's what someone like you has to do to get a 335i:
-turn 17
-either convince parents that they have the disposible income to get you something that you want or your parents for some out of whack reason feel like you deserve a 335

here's what most people have to do to get a 335i:
-have a shitty job in high school to be able to pay for shitty cars and whatever else.
-pay for at least 2 shitty cars themselves to be able to get them from point A to point B.
-turn 17
-turn 18
-graduate high school with good grades
-get into a good college
-turn 19
-turn 20
-turn 21
-graduate college with good grades
-turn 22
-get a well paying job
-turn 23
-get your life in order, with other priorities starting first, such as loans, buying a house, apartment, food, gas, heat, electricity, water, maintenence, marriage, etc.
-turn 24
-turn 25
-FINALLY start THINKING about getting a 335i.
^Fixed

Sorry that rich kids get things that most people don't, but you don't gotta flip out at them because of it. Its a fact of life.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2007, 01:22 PM   #101
Raider
Panties Sniffer
Rep
Drives: Stealthy 335Ci

Quote:

Welcome to the internet, esp. on forums, there will always be dickheads that'll give you a hard time...
      04-28-2007, 01:41 PM   #102
ironic
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jet Black 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawdude View Post
When I was a kid, I would've been happy if my parents bought me a pony. I probably would've modded it with a fancy saddle.
LOL wtf?

Widebody 335i Project Car BUILD | PHOTOSHOOT
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2007, 01:46 PM   #103
NaTuReB0Y