BMW i8 Forums BMW i8 General Discussion

12-26-2016, 07:53 PM   #23
allwhiteBeemerz
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: all white 2016s!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinrock View Post
I scraped before I lowered it. Now I'm just used to it. Although I haven't seen the lip in person, I cringe at the thought of clearance issues with it. The outer edge seems to stick out a good 2-3" and it looks like the front sticks out 3-4". It also looks like it sits entirely below the lowest part of the bumper, maybe an inch? Hell...you can even see it's scraped in Vorsteiner's shoot, lol.

I'm curious as well, but it honestly seems like this is worse clearance on stock height than no lip on a lowered car, due to it sticking further out from the front.

The diffuser and spoiler are growing on me, though
i thought it was going to be a nightmare but it really hasnt been too bad....just angle it on certain driveways like any lowered vehicle and it should be fine. ive scraped it once in a parking structure and i drive the i8 on the daily. ill take a picture of the front end and how it sticks out a bit when i get a chance.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2016, 07:55 PM   #24
skinrock
Agent Smith
Rep
Drives: 2016 i8

Garage List
2016 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by allwhiteBeemerz View Post
Quote:
I scraped before I lowered it. Now I'm just used to it. Although I haven't seen the lip in person, I cringe at the thought of clearance issues with it. The outer edge seems to stick out a good 2-3" and it looks like the front sticks out 3-4". It also looks like it sits entirely below the lowest part of the bumper, maybe an inch? Hell...you can even see it's scraped in Vorsteiner's shoot, lol.

I'm curious as well, but it honestly seems like this is worse clearance on stock height than no lip on a lowered car, due to it sticking further out from the front.

The diffuser and spoiler are growing on me, though
i thought it was going to be a nightmare but it really hasnt been too bad....just angle it on certain driveways like any lowered vehicle and it should be fine. ive scraped it once in a parking structure and i drive the i8 on the daily. ill take a picture of the front end and how it sticks out a bit when i get a chance.
How's the fitment with everything?
      12-26-2016, 08:57 PM   #25
allwhiteBeemerz
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
How's the fitment with everything?
pretty shitty fitment......looks good though
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2016, 08:58 PM   #26
skinrock
Agent Smith
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Damn...not what I wanted to hear. For 2k each...it should be perfect.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2016, 03:40 AM   #27
Emon Crew
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16' crystal white i8

Quote:
What makes it shitty? From the pictures it looks like it sits pretty flush and isn't sticking in/out much, but then again the angle of the picture isn't from directly behind or in front of the car. Did they discuss the offset of the wheels with you?
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2016, 01:57 PM   #28
allwhiteBeemerz
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emon Crew View Post
What makes it shitty? From the pictures it looks like it sits pretty flush and isn't sticking in/out much, but then again the angle of the picture isn't from directly behind or in front of the car. Did they discuss the offset of the wheels with you?
it didnt fit flush on the bumper. bodyshop had to make some magic happen, i was thinking since its so expensive it would fit perfect......not exactly the case here about the offset of the wheels, they really never discussed it with me, they used my car for sema so they just took it for measurements and gave me the set of wheels...shout out to vince, steve and ace from forgestar and chris from @sterling_auto_con

Last edited by allwhiteBeemerz; 12-27-2016 at 11:30 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2016, 02:20 PM   #29
skinrock
Agent Smith
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW i8  [10.00]
Haha, yea...offsets are a mystery. Had the same problem. Sucks to hear about the fitment.