BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board The Sports Lounge

04-29-2014, 03:13 PM   #243
JohnSprm69
Colonel
Rep
Drives: AW e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsr552 View Post
Agreed lol. The next team i would have vs the heat would be clips...but becaose of this scandal i am also discounting them due to lack of focus....so who knows now...it's the wild west man.
i wouldn't be surprised if the heat face the mavs again being that all the lower seeds in the west have been whooping on the top tear teams
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2014, 03:15 PM   #244
rsr552
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSprm69 View Post
i wouldn't be surprised if the heat face the mavs again being that all the lower seeds in the west have been whooping on the top tear teams
I wouldn't be that shocked honestly if that happened....but i think that OKC and San Antonio would have the best shot at beating the heat...because of their point guards mainly. Which is partly why i thought before the scandel that the clips had the best shot. (of course all these teams have pretty good defenses too. it's not all just about superior point guards on these teams).
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2014, 03:18 PM   #245
JohnSprm69
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I wouldn't be that shocked honestly if that happened....but i think that OKC and San Antonio would have the best shot at beating the heat...because of their point guards mainly. Which is partly why i thought before the scandel that the clips had the best shot. (of course all these teams have pretty good defenses too. it's not all just about superior point guards on these teams).
no team in the west has what it takes to beat the Heat

all joking aside i think the team with the best chance is the spurs, OKC does not stand a chance, but the spurs won't make it out the west i think.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2014, 04:00 PM   #246
rsr552
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSprm69 View Post
no team in the west has what it takes to beat the Heat

all joking aside i think the team with the best chance is the spurs, OKC does not stand a chance, but the spurs won't make it out the west i think.
Who do you think makes it to the Final from the west if not the Spurs? Just curious.

btw...if teh heat were in teh west...instead of the east...i think they wouldn't have made it out the west. If they did...it woulda been a pretty hard road.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2014, 04:46 PM   #247
JohnSprm69
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Who do you think makes it to the Final from the west if not the Spurs? Just curious.

btw...if teh heat were in teh west...instead of the east...i think they wouldn't have made it out the west. If they did...it woulda been a pretty hard road.
from the west i have a feeling it's going to be the mavs or the grizzlies tho most likely the spurs or thunder so conclusion from the west is a toss up.

if the heat were in the western conference they'd be going for a 4th straight title now instead of 3
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2014, 05:35 PM   #248
Clippers_FTW
Private
Rep
Drives: CTS-V

Clippers will rally together with their fans and make it past the 1st round. By 2nd round hopefully we have a new owners Sterling is gone. No NBA owner is going to sid with a racist . Everyone will be on board to kick Sterling out otherwise they will be labeld a racist lover. Sterling will sell the team making at least 1/2 a billion dollars. Sterling wins because he makes money(which sucks but it is what it is). Clippers and fans win because they dont have racist owner holding them back. Sterling's gf loses because she illegally recorded him and used his voice, along with being sewed for embezzlemnt.. hope she burns. ... is that mean?
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2014, 08:21 PM   #249
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

im interested to see the clippers game tonight, just as much as everyone else, i suppose.

i want to see what signs fans hold up, or wear. lol
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2014, 10:23 PM   #250
NemesisX
Captain
Rep
Drives: '19 Infiniti Q60S

Memphis/OKC game 5 has been a pleasure to watch. It's amazing how entertaining a game can be when Westbrook and Durant aren't randomly gifted +10 FTA in "touch fouls" throughout the game that aren't called the other way.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2014, 10:26 PM   #251
NemesisX
Captain
Rep
Drives: '19 Infiniti Q60S

I think I may have spoken too soon...
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2014, 10:47 PM   #252
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

thought this was funny.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...usaolp00000592
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 12:33 AM   #253
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi A6, 997 GT3 RS, E90 335i

Thumbs up

We are one.

... game away from the next round!

Sterling is banned for life, and the Clippers can close out the Dubs on thursday. Let's go Lob City.

Last edited by MediaArtist; 04-30-2014 at 01:01 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 12:34 AM   #254
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
United_States
Rep

Wow, OKC is down 3-2. Memphis can close them out Thursday. Didn't see that coming.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 12:37 AM   #255
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efini View Post
yea rockets aren't losing just because of Lin. you win as a team you lose as a team. to blame it on one person is pathetic. rockets are done though...maybe next year they will be a better defensive team.

if the pacers get closed out we won't be seeing the same team next year, they are gonna break up for sure.
If anything, Lin saved them in Game 3. He practically threw himself on that loose ball so Daniels could get the glory, but people forget that was a broken possession that Lin saved.

Last edited by MediaArtist; 04-30-2014 at 01:00 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 03:02 AM   #256
fatpanda
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by MediaArtist View Post
If anything, Lin saved them in Game 3. He practically threw himself on that loose ball so Daniels could get the glory, but people forget that was a broken possession that Lin saved.
yea but he missed the layup which allowed batum to shoot that 3 instead of running clock down in 4th qtr... truth is the amount hes paid, hes supposed to make very good decisions & probably score alot.

Hes good enough to make starting 5, but he cld be overpaid IMO... im not sure how they value his intangibles & goodwill etc
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 08:31 AM   #257
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MediaArtist View Post
Wow, OKC is down 3-2. Memphis can close them out Thursday. Didn't see that coming.
I said it two months back - NOBODY wants to see the Grizz in the playoffs...
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 09:04 AM   #258
cjackson1906
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 GC & 2019 M5C

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
Playoff Summary as of today 4/30:

Dallas v. SA: SA wins series not b/c they are playing good basketball, but b/c Dirk hasn't shown up for this series. Since Dirk is playing below avg and Monta Ellis is doing the heavy lifting for the Mavs, Spurs win the series. You can't win a series with Monta Ellis as your go-to-guy...nope, not gonna happen...

Memphis v. OKC: Memphis is just a bad matchup for OKC (The NBA is all about matchups) and you can tell it's in Durant's head. Last year Memphis beat them w/o Westbrook and this year it's closer b/c of Westbrook. This series would be over w/o Westbrook in the lineup. I think OKC in 7.

Portland v. Houston: Houston plays terrible defense and that's why they are down 3-1. Harden isn't going to the FT line like he did during the regular season and you can tell that he's hearing those whispers about how he shrinks when it counts. Portland in 6.

GS v. LAC: The Warriors just don't have enough inside presence to deal with the LAC. The only way GS can win the series is by shooting lights out and limit TOs. Also, Jamal Crawford will be the X factor for LAC throughout the playoffs. No team in the playoffs has that kind of offense coming off the bench and as the 6th man, he can literally take over games for the LAC. LAC in 6.

Brooklyn v. Toronto: Too many vets on Brooklyn and too much inexperience on the Raptors. Brooklyn in 6.

Atl v. Ind: Complete meltdown by Ind. There's some chemistry issues in that locker room besides the apparent fight b/w Stevenson and Turner. Bynum is probably one of the root causes of dissension and he's probably in Hibbert's ear. Some people say this is a bad matchup for the Pacers, but I don't see it. What I see is that the Pacers are always playing not to lose instead playing to win and there is a lack of veteran leadership on that team. They have talent, but no leadership, trust and at times lack professionalism. Talent can win games in the regular season but those other 3 characteristics are necessary for talent to actually win a playoff series. This is not meant to take anything away from the Hawks & they are playing good basketball..but they have no pressure on them being the 8th seed. Unless the Pacers play like they play against the Heat in the regular season, they will be history tomorrow.
      04-30-2014, 09:09 AM   #259
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjackson1906 View Post
The NBA is all about matchups
This guy knows his b-ball. I've always said that "seeding" doesn't mean shit. That's why Brooklyn was able to sweep the season series against the Heat. South Beach fans better hope the Raptors take care of Brooklyn or they could have a monster battle in the 2nd round...
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 09:12 AM   #260
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litos View Post
I said it two months back - NOBODY wants to see the Grizz in the playoffs...
People want to talk about rivalries, the Clippers - Memphis rivalry is a real damn thing.

2012 Playoffs - Clippers eliminate Grizzlies 1st round
2013 Playoffs - Grizzlies eliminate Clippers 1st round

If Clippers close out the Dubs this week, and Grizzlies do the same to OKC, this is going to be the third freaking year in a row I have to see Zach Randolph's ugly mug giving us fits in the paint. The worst part is, it's personal for Zebo, he's a former Clipper. We traded him away to Memphis after we got Blake Griffin in the draft, and gave Blake Zebo's old starting spot. He relishes the fact that he gets to go one on one with the guy who basically was the reason he was sent out of LA...
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 09:14 AM   #261
IndotagSwizz
Major
Rep
Drives: F30 320i

I hope Brooklyn can win their series so Miami can finally retire that ninja turtle Paul Pierce and fake tough guy Garnet, thought we did that the last two years but they are like roaches they just keep showing up lol..
      04-30-2014, 09:22 AM   #262
Clippers_FTW
Private
Rep

I for one am not afraid of Memphis... I think we have their number. The epic 4 game skid last year was because VDN couldnt adjust. We are a "much" better team this year and we are deeper too. Blake now has too many moves for Zach. DeAndre was a no show last year but Doc has him playing at an allstar level defensive Juggernaut. I think DJ went to Hibberts house and sucked out all of his skill lol. Clippers have too much for memphis this year. The few times we played them we were missing key players. I'm telling you now. Memphis doesnt want any of what we have. If Dallas takes care of Spurs or Blazers/Houston take care of spurs Clippers will be in the Finals.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 09:24 AM   #263
Clippers_FTW
Private
Rep

Only team I was kind of afraid of was Warriors. We lost game 4 because of non basketball related things. We lost game one because our allstar mvp player played 4 minutes in the 1st half and foulded out in 2nd. Too much for "Dubs". We are a matchup nightmare for heat (and would have home court) because of our bigs... Heat have trouble with teams with bigs on them. I think this could be our year.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 09:33 AM   #264
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippers_FTW View Post
I for one am not afraid of Memphis... I think we have their number. The epic 4 game skid last year was because VDN couldnt adjust. We are a "much" better team this year and we are deeper too. Blake now has too many moves for Zach. DeAndre was a no show last year but Doc has him playing at an allstar level defensive Juggernaut. I think DJ went to Hibberts house and sucked out all of his skill lol. Clippers have too much for memphis this year. The few times we played them we were missing key players. I'm telling you now. Memphis doesnt want any of what we have. If Dallas takes care of Spurs or Blazers/Houston take care of spurs Clippers will be in the Finals.
You are way more confident about the Clippers chances against Memphis than I am, that's for sure. If these two teams do manage to win their 1st round series, I think Zebo gives us fits. He's deadly as ever in the paint, and that fade away has been unstoppable even against Ibaka who is a much better defender than Blake.

DJ has improved leaps and bounds, and he'll have to show off all that new skill to keep Gasol under control. Unlike the Warriors, Memphis has a center in Gasol that can actually spread the floor and open up the key for cutters and wing players sprinting down the baseline. DJ won't be able to hang around the rim all day long like he can against the Dubs.
Appreciate 0