BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board

03-01-2019, 11:06 AM   #67
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Wait, what? Rudi, the wife left you alone on the sofa? Huh?
Yes. She is not one for being known as considerate or compassionate. I was less than pleased that I was out for 2 days and she couldn't be bothered to ensure that I was ok. I don't even remember being released from the hospital. The last thing I remembered was being wheeled into the ER directly after the accident. I was also slightly upset about the hospital releasing me and having no knowledge of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
This is what I don't get either... they released you from the hospital before you even woke up and then she left you alone to eat with her family? I think she was trying to get rid of you.
Apparently the hospital released me later that same afternoon so I was out cold on my couch for almost 48 hours. I guess she got bored. She did eventually get rid of me but she needed to hang on to me for a few years. Her bills weren't going to pay themselves and she sure as hell wasn't going to work to pay for them.

Last edited by King Rudi; 03-01-2019 at 11:11 AM..
Appreciate 1
      03-01-2019, 11:14 AM   #68
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Speaking of shop class. Junior high I was using an upright belt sander to finish my pig carving board, and my pinky got pinned in that little area between the deck and where the belt disappears. Polished the side of the top knuckle near to the bone. Teacher invited me back throughout my career at the school to show all the new students.

I still have that pig, and that shiny spot on my finger, although I later had surgery on that knuckle and had it fused (better to pick buggers)
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      03-01-2019, 11:20 AM   #69
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
What happened to gravity in the first pic???
Picosecond localized suspension of Newtonian universe laws.
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2019, 11:58 AM   #70
Aeasley
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by joooiiiiii View Post
I hope you sued that driver that swerved into you.
She got away. Just drove right away as traffic stopped behind her and no witnesses got a license plate. They looked but never found her.
Appreciate 1
      03-01-2019, 12:02 PM   #71
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeasley View Post
She got away. Just drove right away as traffic stopped behind her and no witnesses got a license plate. They looked but never found her.
Karma will get her in one way or another. I can't believe how cruel people can be. That's really f'ed up that she did that to you and took off.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      03-01-2019, 01:43 PM   #72
JerryW235
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 40i; 2021 X3 M40i

I have a couple that in retrospect are pretty funny. The first is, as a struggling grad student in the late 70's, I would do some auto repair work to make some extra money. Was doing some work for a friend, dent, rust and paint repair on a Fiat X 1/9. Primed and painted it with lacquer, using his OLD electric hand held paint sprayer, that shot out sparks along with the paint. Foolishly, I didn't think anything of it when I was painting, big mistake. Went to clean it by spraying thinner through it and it exploded. I got up calling for help, saw the skin on my arm literally burning and looking like it's dripping off. Did the old stop, drop, and roll, and got the fire on me out. Grabbed a nearby garden hose and put out the burning sprayer. My friend comes out of the house and saw what happened, and said he'd take me to the hospital. We go in the house, his wife gets some clean towels and we wrap and soak my arm in cool water. He said he was going to change clothes, and be right back. Twenty minutes goes by and he finally returns, and his hair is wet. I ask him where the hell he'd been, and the response was along the lines, of "Well, I had to take a shower first." Wound up with 2nd and 3rd degree burns on part of my right arm, and leg.

The second good one was in the early 90's. Leaned a 10 ft step ladder, on a deck, up against the house to climb up and blow leaves off the roof and out of the gutters. Started the blower, climbed up the ladder, put the blower on the roof, and the ladder slipped out from under me. (A few weeks before, I had cleaned and stained the deck, and it was still a little slippery.) I went down backwards, put my hands out to break the fall, and my right hand landed on one of the ladder rungs and broke my wrist. I'm laying on the deck and I hear the blower running, and a "scratching" sound. The blower was running, vibrating, and sliding down the roof. I look up and see it slide off the roof, heading straight for me. It lands on my chest, still running. I get up screaming, "Call 911". My wife's parents were visiting, and her mom comes running through the open sliding door. However, the screen is closed, so she goes right through the screen. Our 4 year old son comes out, sees me holding my wrist, and hears me screaming in pain. He asks me if it hurts, I said yes, and he goes back in the house and comes out with his teddy bear, and gives it to me to comfort me. Unfortunately teddy did not have any Morphine on him. But it was certainly a nice gesture.

So my wife calls 911, and the ambulance comes. They load me in, and one of the staff says they're not familiar with the area, and asks what hospital do I want to go to. I tell them, and they know where it is and take off out of the neighborhood. At the first major intersection, they turn right, I ask where are you going, you're going the wrong way, go left. We could have gotten there, but there would have been about 20 lights to go through. I told them to go the other way, with an expressway exit right at the hospital. Wound up with a really bad broken wrist, it took 5 hours of surgery, a bone graft, plates, screws, and external fixator to put it back together.

I wake up in the hospital room, arm suspended from the ceiling or some contraption, a huge bandage and cast covering my forearm up to my elbow. I didn't know if I still had a hand or forearm at that point. Doctor comes in and goes over what they did, reassures me I still had a hand and would make pretty much a full recovery. I ask him if I'd be able to play tennis, he said sure, my wife breaks out laughing, as I've never played tennis.
      03-01-2019, 01:47 PM   #73
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Play tennis = Whack off Wednesday?
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      03-01-2019, 01:56 PM   #74
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryW235 View Post
I have a couple that in retrospect are pretty funny. The first is, as a struggling grad student in the late 70's, I would do some auto repair work to make some extra money. Was doing some work for a friend, dent, rust and paint repair on a Fiat X 1/9. Primed and painted it with lacquer, using his OLD electric hand held paint sprayer, that shot out sparks along with the paint. Foolishly, I didn't think anything of it when I was painting, big mistake. Went to clean it by spraying thinner through it and it exploded. I got up calling for help, saw the skin on my arm literally burning and looking like it's dripping off. Did the old stop, drop, and roll, and got the fire on me out. Grabbed a nearby garden hose and put out the burning sprayer. My friend comes out of the house and saw what happened, and said he'd take me to the hospital. We go in the house, his wife gets some clean towels and we wrap and soak my arm in cool water. He said he was going to change clothes, and be right back. Twenty minutes goes by and he finally returns, and his hair is wet. I ask him where the hell he'd been, and the response was along the lines, of "Well, I had to take a shower first." Wound up with 2nd and 3rd degree burns on part of my right arm, and leg.

The second good one was in the early 90's. Leaned a 10 ft step ladder, on a deck, up against the house to climb up and blow leaves off the roof and out of the gutters. Started the blower, climbed up the ladder, put the blower on the roof, and the ladder slipped out from under me. (A few weeks before, I had cleaned and stained the deck, and it was still a little slippery.) I went down backwards, put my hands out to break the fall, and my right hand landed on one of the ladder rungs and broke my wrist. I'm laying on the deck and I hear the blower running, and a "scratching" sound. The blower was running, vibrating, and sliding down the roof. I look up and see it slide off the roof, heading straight for me. It lands on my chest, still running. I get up screaming, "Call 911". My wife's parents were visiting, and her mom comes running through the open sliding door. However, the screen is closed, so she goes right through the screen. Our 4 year old son comes out, sees me holding my wrist, and hears me screaming in pain. He asks me if it hurts, I said yes, and he goes back in the house and comes out with his teddy bear, and gives it to me to comfort me. Unfortunately teddy did not have any Morphine on him. But it was certainly a nice gesture.

So my wife calls 911, and the ambulance comes. They load me in, and one of the staff says they're not familiar with the area, and asks what hospital do I want to go to. I tell them, and they know where it is and take off out of the neighborhood. At the first major intersection, they turn right, I ask where are you going, you're going the wrong way, go left. We could have gotten there, but there would have been about 20 lights to go through. I told them to go the other way, with an expressway exit right at the hospital. Wound up with a really bad broken wrist, it took 5 hours of surgery, a bone graft, plates, screws, and external fixator to put it back together.

I wake up in the hospital room, arm suspended from the ceiling or some contraption, a huge bandage and cast covering my forearm up to my elbow. I didn't know if I still had a hand or forearm at that point. Doctor comes in and goes over what they did, reassures me I still had a hand and would make pretty much a full recovery. I ask him if I'd be able to play tennis, he said sure, my wife breaks out laughing, as I've never played tennis.
Those are great! Good story telling right there.

the ladder bit reminds me of when I was a fiber optic tech. We were doing demo in a drop ceiling on 12' ladders. My boss, who was on another ladder about 10' in front of me, told me to cut any data cables that weren't ours. As we go through hacking away at the rats nest of old data cables I come across a lone purple cable. I yell at him and ask if I needed to cut this one. He yells back if it isn't green, cut it....do I did. Instantly the inside of the drop ceiling lights up! As I am falling backwards from my ladder in slow motion I can see his confused face turning around to see what happened. I landed on my back in a cafeteria full of production employees as they were entering an adjacent conference room. The cable that I cut into was the cable for the time clock system for the company that contracted us to install their new network. The campus consisted of 9 separate buildings that I shut down communications for all the time clocks. Physically I was ok although I had the shit shocked out of me. I have no clue how many amp/volts were present in the cable that I cut into, but my data snips were spot welded in the half open position and it blew the edge off of one of the blades.
Appreciate 0