Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

11-07-2019, 11:22 AM   #111
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Yeah . Lewis runs only the clean way in his Merc ...
Exactly..I can't only see a rod connecting the turbo to the compressor as it's only 'jet-mode' with the wheel cooling.
Appreciate 1
      11-07-2019, 11:30 AM   #112
BayE30
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 E90 M3 ZCP

Quote:
One thing is for sure ...
According Horner :The Ferrari's started to smell like grapefruit juice .
According Toto Wolff : It's a strong strawberry smell ..

=>https://www.thedrive.com/accelerator...apefruit-juice
=>https://newsbeezer.com/japaneng/red-...l-f1-gate-com/
=>https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/34737...heir-fuel.html
maybe a Suby bro was vaping it up super tough close to the pits...
      11-07-2019, 11:37 AM   #113
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
At times Toto gets carried away with himself.
According the latest from MAX : I truly hope I can show my raindance again at Interlagos . Despite the damage on my car, the car felt really competitive in the US ,especially at the end of the race .I came very close , too bad at that moment they showed the yellow flags
Normally seen , I can fight in the last 2 races for the podium .

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick58879.50
      11-07-2019, 11:45 AM   #114
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
According the latest from MAX : I truly hope I can show my raindance again at Interlagos . Despite the damage on my car, the car felt really competitive in the US ,especially at the end of the race .I came very close , too bad at that moment they showed the yellow flags
Normally seen , I can fight in the last 2 races for the podium .
None of those nasty 'vibra' long wide kerbs there hopefully to do any damage to the floor.
Appreciate 1
      11-07-2019, 11:50 AM   #115
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Exactly..I can't only see a rod connecting the turbo to the compressor as it's only 'jet-mode' with the wheel cooling.
Yeah my friend . The todays F1 circus is actually like *The Magic Box of David Copperfield*
A secret becomes a secret from the moment when it's hidden ...
For more information please call Ferrari and Mercedes

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick58879.50
      11-07-2019, 11:52 AM   #116
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
None of those nasty 'vibra' long wide kerbs there hopefully to do any damage to the floor.
Yeah.And SEB would make it to the finish line as well....

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58879.50
      11-07-2019, 12:00 PM   #117
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Yeah my friend . The todays F1 circus is actually like *The Magic Box of David Copperfield*
A secret becomes a secret from the moment when it's hidden ...
For more information please call Ferrari and Mercedes
LOL it's like Merc are making a jet liner disappear like Coppefield and appearing holier than thou saying ''we always play to the rules, we are Mercedes you know and we are never late''
Appreciate 1
      11-07-2019, 12:02 PM   #118
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Yeah.And SEB would make it to the finish line as well....
Poor Seb must have thought he was on a clothes line when that connecting arm broke.
Appreciate 1
      11-07-2019, 05:41 PM   #119
hellrotm
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebishman View Post
I just don’t see this. Lewis is extremely savvy re: his chances of winning an 8th WDC; (assuming he wins the 7th in 2020, and this will be tough). Whilst Mercedes aren’t immune to making stupid pit calls, their incompetence pails in comparison that is the Ferrari ‘strategy’ shitshow.

Bottom line: if Lewis has beaten all of Schumacher’s records except for getting the 8th WDC, he’s staying at MB.
If you know anything about Lewis he loves a challenge. He very much enjoys the fight against the new young crop and would not shy away from a change.

More importantly he has huge respect for Schumi. Lets say he ties Schumi's record next year. I wouldn't put it past Lewis to switch and try to surpass Michael's championships in a Ferrari.

As far as Ferrari strategy sh*tshow, I agree they are a mess and have been for years. But Lewis can always have some of his guys follow him over.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2019, 05:59 PM   #120
msk340i
Major
Rep
Drives: 340i M sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellrotm View Post
If you know anything about Lewis he loves a challenge. He very much enjoys the fight against the new young crop and would not shy away from a change.

More importantly he has huge respect for Schumi. Lets say he ties Schumi's record next year. I wouldn't put it past Lewis to switch and try to surpass Michael's championships in a Ferrari.

As far as Ferrari strategy sh*tshow, I agree they are a mess and have been for years. But Lewis can always have some of his guys follow him over.
Lol Hamilton loves a challenge? Is that why he left McLaren. Hamilton and any other driver wants to be in a strong car with a strong team behind him so he can beat everyone. If he really loves a challenge why didn't he stay in McLaren and "challenged" in that car?
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2019, 11:36 PM   #121
yco
i'm just saying
Rep
Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by msk340i View Post
Lol Hamilton loves a challenge? Is that why he left McLaren. Hamilton and any other driver wants to be in a strong car with a strong team behind him so he can beat everyone. If he really loves a challenge why didn't he stay in McLaren and "challenged" in that car?
why Vettel is in Ferrari? for not winning champs?
it doesnt make sense my friend..
      11-08-2019, 02:58 AM   #122
SenorFunkyPants
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5

Quote:
Not much of an F1 historian then?
2012:
McLaren 7 wins total points 378
Mercedes 1 win total points 142
Niki Lauda convinced Hamilton to switch to a far less competitive team.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2019, 05:54 AM   #123
msk340i
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by yco View Post
why Vettel is in Ferrari? for not winning champs?
it doesnt make sense my friend..
I didn't say anything about Vettel. But he left when he stopped winning and he left to his dream team.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2019, 06:02 AM   #124
msk340i
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorFunkyPants View Post
2012:
HAM said in an interview a few years back (Google it and you'll find it) that it wasn't about Niki and it wasn't about Ron. But since Niki died, as usual, he changed his mind and said it's because of him.
No I'm not a historian but I'm also not a fangirl idolizing the great HAM. He left McLaren when they were on the decline. XIX and Eccelstone played a big part of it because McLaren's rules didn't allow him to self-promote. Mercedes offered much more money, is one of only 2 works teams, was able to offer him more leeway with XIX and his sidegigs, and F1 was entering a new rules overhaul and Ferrari and RedBull had no interest in him.

What about talks of him going to Ferrari? As far as I know he, and his fangirl base, say that Ferrari is the faster car. How's that a challenge? Or is he just jumping ship?

Last edited by msk340i; 11-08-2019 at 06:10 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2019, 08:51 AM   #125
SenorFunkyPants
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5

Quote:
No I'm not a historian
You don't know the history of F1?
I never would have guessed.

Quote:
I'm also not a fangirl idolizing the great HAM.
Who are you a fangirl of?
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2019, 09:44 AM   #126
msk340i
Major
Rep

Quote:
You don't know the history of F1?
I never would have guessed.

That's my cue. I'll stop here. Cheers ☺️
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2019, 10:38 AM   #127
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:

Quote:
That's my cue. I'll stop here. Cheers ☺️
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58879.50
      11-08-2019, 10:48 AM   #128
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
My word!
Appreciate 1
      11-08-2019, 11:40 AM   #129
hellrotm
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Guess you forget the headlines when Lewis left for Mercedes? Why, what is he doing, chasing money, etc. Short memory I guess. Merc was not what it was today, not even close.

Quote from a 2012 article:
"McLaren have the fastest car this season, while Mercedes have slipped backwards after a promising start to the year.
But Mercedes have sold the move to Hamilton on the basis that they are preparing for a huge push in 2014, when new chassis and engine rules are introduced."

Merc was still struggling during Lewis's first season at Merc. The team won a total of 3 races in 2013. Absolutely nothing was promised from the new rules(2014 hybrid era). Lewis isn't nostradamus, he had no idea what was coming. So saying he left for a strong car is far fetched at best, if anything he took a huge gamble.
Quote:
2012:
Exactly. Everyone in the media thought he made a horrible decision. The Merc's were notorious for blowing through tires in a couple laps when Lewis arrived.

Last edited by hellrotm; 11-08-2019 at 12:20 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2019, 11:47 AM   #130
hellrotm
Banned
Rep

Quote:
What about talks of him going to Ferrari? As far as I know he, and his fangirl base, say that Ferrari is the faster car. How's that a challenge? Or is he just jumping ship?
The rumors are for 2021 season, when the new overhaul of rules kick in. So it will be up in the air who will be quickest.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2019, 02:04 PM   #131
msk340i
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellrotm View Post
Guess you forget the headlines when Lewis left for Mercedes? Why, what is he doing, chasing money, etc. Short memory I guess. Merc was not what it was today, not even close.

Quote from a 2012 article:
"McLaren have the fastest car this season, while Mercedes have slipped backwards after a promising start to the year.
But Mercedes have sold the move to Hamilton on the basis that they are preparing for a huge push in 2014, when new chassis and engine rules are introduced."

Merc was still struggling during Lewis's first season at Merc. The team won a total of 3 races in 2013. Absolutely nothing was promised from the new rules(2014 hybrid era). Lewis isn't nostradamus, he had no idea what was coming. So saying he left for a strong car is far fetched at best, if anything he took a huge gamble.

Exactly. Everyone in the media thought he made a horrible decision. The Merc's were notorious for blowing through tires in a couple laps when Lewis arrived.

What you're saying doesn't contradict what I'm saying. You're just telling a different part of the same story. All I'm saying is that he didn't leave for the "challenge". He left for a looooot of reasons and none of them is because winning at McLaren is easy and he wanted a challenge. He left because McLaren was on the decline (hindsight is 20/20 but it's true) and another team (the only big team who would take him) that gave him more money and more leeway and more future was the obvious choice.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2019, 10:24 PM   #132
hellrotm
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Guess I miss understood your post above. To me it reads he left McLaren for Merc because he wanted a stronger car and team. But in fact at the time he left McLaren, McLaren was actually one of the quickest cars on the grid. McLaren had same amount of poles and race wins as Red Bull in 2012. Merc was fumbling around in 9th and 13th in the championship.
Quote:
What you're saying doesn't contradict what I'm saying. You're just telling a different part of the same story. All I'm saying is that he didn't leave for the "challenge". He left for a looooot of reasons and none of them is because winning at McLaren is easy and he wanted a challenge. He left because McLaren was on the decline (hindsight is 20/20 but it's true) and another team (the only big team who would take him) that gave him more money and more leeway and more future was the obvious choice.

Last edited by hellrotm; 11-08-2019 at 10:33 PM..
Appreciate 0