BMW i
Forum for the BMW i3, i4 and i8
BMW i3 BMW i8
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

BMW i Forums > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

01-18-2019, 09:13 AM   #1717
dsad1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: car

I still don’t believe in the Russian collusion. It doesn’t make sense, most all of his foreign policies have been against Russian interests. He has had more polices against Russia in the past 2 years than Obama did in 8. My gut still tells me he did something completely illegal to get the presidency, but Russian collusion doesn’t make sense to me. If anything the Russians might be setting him up to get him out of office. Below is a list of things he did against Russia that I could think of off the top of my head, but I am sure there are much more.

He expelled 60 Russian diplomats

He signed 3 or 4 different sanction bills against Russia

He closed 3 Russian diplomatic offices in the U.S.

He sold a ton of arms to the Ukrainians

He publicly blamed and accused Russia in the nerve agent attack on Sergi Skripal

He has opposed the Baltic sea pipeline and wants to sanction Germany if they use it.

He has opposed the Turkey/Russia arms deal and has threatened Turkey if they move forward with it

He has pretty much depleted Iran, Russia’s biggest Middle East ally, and has terminated the Iran deal which helped Russia do trades with Iran.

He has sided with Saudi Arabia and the Sunni Arabs on almost everything which is against Russian and Iran interests.

He has given Israel free will to attack sites in Syria and now in Iraq as well. Russia has tried to put new missile defense systems in Syria to stop this.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer10141.00

01-18-2019, 09:17 AM   #1718
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsaad1 View Post
I still don't believe in the Russian collusion. It doesn't make sense, most all of his foreign policies have been against Russian interests. He has had more polices against Russia in the past 2 years than Obama did in 8. My gut still tells me he did something completely illegal to get the presidency, but Russian collusion doesn't make sense to me. If anything the Russians might be setting him up to get him out of office. Below is a list of things he did against Russia that I could think of off the top of my head, but I am sure there are much more.

He publicly blamed and accused Russia in the nerve agent attack on Sergi Skripal

He has opposed the Baltic sea pipeline and wants to sanction Germany if they use it.

He has opposed the Turkey/Russia arms deal and has threatened Turkey if they move forward with it

He has pretty much depleted Iran, Russia's biggest Middle East ally, and has terminated the Iran deal which helped Russia do trades with Iran.

He has sided with Saudi Arabia and the Sunni Arabs on almost everything which is against Russian and Iran interests.

He has given Israel free will to attack sites in Syria and now in Iraq as well. Russia has tried to put new missile defense systems in Syria to stop this.
Maybe that's what he talked to Putin about in Helsinki.
Appreciate 1
      01-18-2019, 09:19 AM   #1719
1MOREMOD
2018 track days - 0 ridge 1:52:24 pacific 1:33:30
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

It's a cover he is being mean to Putin so people wont think they arent bfs.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2019, 09:44 AM   #1720
tracer bullet
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 135i , '15 X3 35i

Quote:
I still donít believe in the Russian collusion. It doesnít make sense, most all of his foreign policies have been against Russian interests. He has had more polices against Russia in the past 2 years than Obama did in 8. My gut still tells me he did something completely illegal to get the presidency, but Russian collusion doesnít make sense to me. If anything the Russians might be setting him up to get him out of office. Below is a list of things he did against Russia that I could think of off the top of my head, but I am sure there are much more.
You do raise a good point. I think there are some other things he's done that has helped them as well - the NATO stuff, pulling out of Syria (I think Russia actually wanted this), there's more. And it's possible some of the policies weren't really his but more things done by staff or Congress. But in the end, a lot of things over the last 2 years have been very anti-Russia and go against the claims he's actually working for them.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2019, 10:20 AM   #1721
Sassicaia
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: SMB F80 6MT

Trump told Cohen to lie to Congress about The Moscow Tower Project - Obstruction of justice. What's worse for Trump is Barr agrees.

Trump was meeting with Russia and Putin during the election ( while lying to everyone about it) to build his precious tower. - Collusion. What Putin got in return is a mystery. I don't think it's reasonable to assume Putin wanted everything in his favour. He's smarter then that to keep his useful idiot in power as long as possible.
Appreciate 1
      01-18-2019, 10:30 AM   #1722
Real Dodger
Field Marshal of the Cosmos
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i DCT

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
I still don’t believe in the Russian collusion. It doesn’t make sense, most all of his foreign policies have been against Russian interests. He has had more polices against Russia in the past 2 years than Obama did in 8. My gut still tells me he did something completely illegal to get the presidency, but Russian collusion doesn’t make sense to me. If anything the Russians might be setting him up to get him out of office. Below is a list of things he did against Russia that I could think of off the top of my head, but I am sure there are much more.

He has pretty much depleted Iran, Russia’s biggest Middle East ally, and has terminated the Iran deal which helped Russia do trades with Iran.

The items highlighted above are things he DID NOT WANT TO DO, but was pressured to do by others (McMaster, Mattis, Kelley, Congress, etc).
Jockey1477.00

01-18-2019, 10:31 AM   #1723
Sassicaia
Colonel
Canada
Rep

House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerrold Nadler, D-N.Y., who would be at the center of any future impeachment push but so far has taken a reserved approach toward that possibility, fired a warning shot on the heels of the report on Friday morning.

"We know that the President has engaged in a long pattern of obstruction. Directing a subordinate to lie to Congress is a federal crime," Nadler tweeted. "The @HouseJudiciary Committee's job is to get to the bottom of it, and we will do that work."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dem...russia-project

Calling Cohen a lier as a Defense isn't going to work either...

Buzzfeed cited two unnamed federal law enforcement officials involved in an investigation on the matter who said Cohen acknowledged to Special Counsel Robert Mueller's office that he was instructed by Trump in 2017 to lie to Congress about the Moscow negotiations. The report said Mueller's office first learned of the directive from interviews with witnesses from the Trump Organization and internal company email, text messages and documents.

Not good news for his offspring either...

The report also said that Ivanka Trump and Donald Trump Jr. were briefed with regular details about the real estate deal from Cohen.
Appreciate 1
      01-18-2019, 10:35 AM   #1724
Sassicaia
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Let's see if the republican congress is ok with being lied too.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2019, 10:46 AM   #1725
D_M
Private
Rep
Drives: 08_Interlagos_Blue_E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassicaia View Post
Trump told Cohen to lie to Congress about The Moscow Tower Project - Obstruction of justice. What's worse for Trump is Barr agrees.

Trump was meeting with Russia and Putin during the election ( while lying to everyone about it) to build his precious tower. - Collusion. What Putin got in return is a mystery. I don't think it's reasonable to assume Putin wanted everything in his favour. He's smarter then that to keep his useful idiot in power as long as possible.

Don't forget Barr was part of the team that believed pardoning former Defense Secretary Caspar Weinberger for lying to Congress was a good idea.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2019, 10:47 AM   #1726
DETRoadster
Rep

Quote:
The POTUS lies to them daily and they eat it up like good little subordinates. Their appetite for this is large.

Oh, and dont forget, "all politicians lie." We've heard that right here for months now. So everyone gets a pass for lying.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2019, 10:49 AM   #1727
Sassicaia
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
Quote:
The POTUS lies to them daily and they eat it up like good little subordinates. Their appetite for this is large.
True, but this is a little more egregious. They can't claim ignorance, or spin it to keep their heads in the sand.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2019, 11:05 AM   #1728
adc100
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 Forester XT

Quote:
Trump told Cohen to lie to Congress about The Moscow Tower Project - Obstruction of justice. What's worse for Trump is Barr agrees. .
LOL..according to Cohen Hate to break it to you but Cohen?(the born liar)

But lets take it a step further..first he needs to get impeached..I hope he does bc the Dems will lose the house big time next election...and it will help Trump win a second term as well.

Oh yea he will be acquitted in the Senate. And if you want to try him after he is president..do you think all 12 Jurors will convict?.

Life must be so stupidly simple for you guys bc you possess no critical thinking skills.

.-common to many Libs
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2019, 11:11 AM   #1729
dsad1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: car

Quote:

He was running for President of the U.S., he knew the opposition would try to dig up as much as they possibly could on him, you don't think this is a little too obvious for him to overlook?

The whole story just sounds too good to be true. The FBI supposedly traced "Russian Military Hackers" back to Russia. We are talking about what would be some of the best hackers in the world, you don't think that it was a little too easy to trace them back to Russia? This is the same FBI that couldn't break into a terrorists iPhone because there was a password on it.

Maybe I am just looking for a conspiracy, but this all just seems too "easy" for me to believe.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2019, 11:12 AM   #1730
MKSixer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by adc100 View Post

But lets take it a step further..first he needs to get impeached..I hope he does bc the Dems will lose the house big time next election...and it will help Trump win a second term as well.

Oh yea he will be acquitted in the Senate. And if you want to try him after he is president..do you think all 12 Jurors will convict?.

Life must be so stupidly simple for you guys bc you possess no critical thinking skills.

.-common to many Libs
This is the 2,937th time we've been at DEFCON 1 with regard to Mr. Trump since he's been in office. He should have been impeached within the first 100 days of office, destroyed all financial markets, started WW28, scorched the planet, destroyed all civilization, and a few other notable predictions. Unreal.

Lets simply let it all unfold and see what actually occurs.

Cheers-mk

@[Nyet. Not Russian Hacker](contact:368080)
Ask me hacker question. Hacker question I get answer.
Appreciate 1
N54Yankee351.00

01-18-2019, 11:13 AM   #1731
DETRoadster
Rep

Quote:

.-common to many Libs
Wait, Cohen the born liar? I thought Trump only employed the very best people.

Lack of critical thinking = Abandoning all sense of reason and blindly accepting what's tweeted to you because the message makes you feel good.

Everything you are talking about from impeachment to trials is about what happens downstream of Trump and for which Trump has no control. Whether he's impeached, tried, convicted, whatever is a factor of how our government, politics, legal system work. It has nothing to do with how Trump has acted up to this point. Our legal system failed to convict OJ, but come on, we all know what happened.
Appreciate 3
minn194518.00
Sassicaia3033.00
Jockey1477.00

01-18-2019, 11:15 AM   #1732
DETRoadster
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
This is the 2,937th time we've been at DEFCON 1 with regard to Mr. Trump since he's been in office. He should have been impeached within the first 100 days of office, destroyed all financial markets, started WW28, scorched the planet, destroyed all civilization, and a few other notable predictions. Unreal.

Cheers-mk
I wouldnt call this DEFCON 1. Just people who are interested in what's happening talking about it as it unfolds.

100% agree. Until the full report is released, it's all just speculation and conjecture to pass the time. It's either this or go back to work on my TPS reports.
Appreciate 4
dsad1593.50
minn194518.00
Sassicaia3033.00
MKSixer10141.00

01-18-2019, 11:17 AM   #1733
Sassicaia
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:

.-common to many Libs
It reporting that Mueller has corroborated this. That argument is all that was left for Trump to throw out there. Also consider for a moment if its possible Trump is a lier
Appreciate 1
minn194518.00

01-18-2019, 11:18 AM   #1734
TXSTYLE
BIGMARCUS
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 ~ Mineral White

Thumbs up

Impeachment seems much more likely after Thursday's bombshell report!

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/mee..._npd_nn_fb_mtp

Quote:
ďThe special counselís office learned about Trumpís directive for Cohen to lie to Congress through interviews with multiple witnesses from the Trump Organization and internal company emails, text messages, and a cache of other documents. Cohen then acknowledged those instructions during his interviews with that office.Ē
Sassicaia3033.00

01-18-2019, 11:20 AM   #1735
Sassicaia
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post

Cheers-mk
MK, that is an old an untrue statement. We all only know whats being reported. No one has said he is being ipeached tomorrow. All thats gone on here is a.) people saying the investigation needs to finish b.) we discuss things as they become available.

Personally I dont think anything concrete will happen until the investigation concludes, and everything being reported over the last two years has supported my suspicion all along. Others disagree, but neither side will know until its over.

Ill admit my suspicion could be wrong, can you?
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2019, 11:22 AM   #1736
Sassicaia
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
Impeachment seems much more likely after Thursday's bombshell report!

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/mee..._npd_nn_fb_mtp
So it sounds like special counsel already knew before asking Cohen. He just admitted it. That means other sources. I doubt Mueller would have Cohen (a known lier) as his only witness.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2019, 11:25 AM   #1737
Sassicaia
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
He was running for President of the U.S., he knew the opposition would try to dig up as much as they possibly could on him, you don't think this is a little too obvious for him to overlook?

The whole story just sounds too good to be true. The FBI supposedly traced "Russian Military Hackers" back to Russia. We are talking about what would be some of the best hackers in the world, you don't think that it was a little too easy to trace them back to Russia? This is the same FBI that couldn't break into a terrorists iPhone because there was a password on it.

Maybe I am just looking for a conspiracy, but this all just seems too "easy" for me to believe.
Not to me. If ordinary people felt there was a Russia/Trump tie from the start the connection could be easy. Investigations just move very slow - especially the most through ones.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2019, 11:57 AM   #1738
D22M2
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M Car

All of you guys are exactly the kind that would send money to a Nigerian prince lol
Appreciate 0