BMW i
Forum for the BMW i3, i4 and i8
BMW i3 BMW i8
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

  BMW i Forums > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-25-2019, 02:40 PM   #1585
Run Silent
Run Deep
Run Silent's Avatar
United_States
10371
Rep
2,924
Posts

Drives: Back and Forth To Work
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: The Mountains

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Alright all - I don't post here unless I have a doozy.

How about the last paragraph of the link below - directly from Bernie Sanders' website:

https://www.sanders.senate.gov/newsr...reaten-america

QUOTE from link to his website above:

"These days, the American dream is more apt to be realized in South America, in places such as Ecuador, Venezuela and Argentina, where incomes are actually more equal today than they are in the land of Horatio Alger. Who's the banana republic now?"


Just gonna leave this here, now:

"Venezuela may 'spiral out of control' with at least 20 dead in protests, UN says"

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/25/ameri...tes/index.html


Oh - and here is a shot of the protests going on:

__________________
Nou gaan ons braai!
Appreciate 6
2000cs858.50
de Witt18.00
arkie6299.00
MKSixer13431.00
N54Yankee1206.00

      01-25-2019, 02:51 PM   #1586
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
7370
Rep
7,088
Posts

Drives: E90 325i Arctic
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

Still not as big as inauguration
Appreciate 1
      01-26-2019, 10:30 AM   #1587
MKSixer
Major General
MKSixer's Avatar
13431
Rep
6,862
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southeast United States

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Still not as big as inauguration
Come here...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtodd_fl View Post
Hell, I get random sausage attacks when I go anywhere.

Several actors have played James Bond, Sean Connery IS James Bond...
Appreciate 2
      01-28-2019, 10:07 AM   #1588
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
7370
Rep
7,088
Posts

Drives: E90 325i Arctic
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Come here...
So you can give me a gold star for paying attention?
Appreciate 1
MKSixer13431.00

      01-28-2019, 01:04 PM   #1589
MKSixer
Major General
MKSixer's Avatar
13431
Rep
6,862
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southeast United States

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
So you can give me a gold star for paying attention?
Something like that.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtodd_fl View Post
Hell, I get random sausage attacks when I go anywhere.

Several actors have played James Bond, Sean Connery IS James Bond...
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2019, 03:28 PM   #1590
Run Silent
Run Deep
Run Silent's Avatar
United_States
10371
Rep
2,924
Posts

Drives: Back and Forth To Work
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: The Mountains

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Hmm - liberal hypocracy?

The Washington Post quoted regarding the Lt. Gov. Fairfax sexual assault claim:

“Fairfax and the woman told different versions of what happened in the hotel room with no one else present,” the paper said. “The Washington Post could not find anyone who could corroborate either version. As such, we decided not to publish the story.”


Also, the Washington Post:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/inves...17b_story.html


I guess we’re not believing women anymore. Weird.

What the ever loving f**k?

First, let’s repeat once again that ‘Believe All Women’ only applies when a Republican is accused. And all aspects of journalistic ethics regarding such sensitive and potentially career-ending allegations are taken with care…when Democrats are the ones looking down the barrel of the Me Too gun. When Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh was under siege by liberal America for shoddy sexual misconduct claims, everyone took it as Gospel, despite no corroborating witnesses or evidence. So, these are your rules, liberal media. You set them and now they are eating you alive. You tried to use both shoddy, baseless sexual misconduct allegations and a yearbook to clip Kavanaugh and failed. You guys gunned after Kavanaugh hard. Now, your own tribe is facing similar allegations and you're taking a more kid-glove approach. It sucks, doesn’t it? May seem a bit unfair, right? Yeah, but these are your rules and you must play by these rules. That’s how liberalism works here on these issues.


https://twitter.com/JerryDunleavy/st...sault-n2540754


__________________
Nou gaan ons braai!
Appreciate 6
scostu948.00
gjm120949.00
MKSixer13431.00
TTony259.00
arkie6299.00

      02-05-2019, 09:00 AM   #1591
Run Silent
Run Deep
Run Silent's Avatar
United_States
10371
Rep
2,924
Posts

Drives: Back and Forth To Work
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: The Mountains

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Apparently, according to NBC - Northam's trouble is all the fault of Trump. What the ever loving hell.

On the Today Show, co-host Craig Melvin asked the panel why blackface seems “all of a sudden front and center in America again?” Princeton University Professor Eddie Glaude Jr. responded by tying Northam’s scandal to the president.

“I think it has something to do with what Donald Trump has unleashed. It has something to do with the reservoir that’s underneath our politics that can always be activated at any moment,” Glaude Jr. explained. “So it’s not like it’s something new has happened. It’s always underneath. It’s the undertow.” NBC political analyst Zerlina Maxwell agreed with the Princeton professor.

“You know, young children of color are dealing with kids saying, “‘Build the wall,’” Maxwell told the panel. “Donald Trump has normalized this overt display of racism.”
__________________
Nou gaan ons braai!
Appreciate 3
MKSixer13431.00
arkie6299.00

      02-05-2019, 09:20 AM   #1592
Grumpy Old Man
Lieutenant Colonel
Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
Canada
5798
Rep
1,781
Posts

Drives: Porsche 993, 2015 MB GLK
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Niagara on the Lake

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by usshelena725 View Post
Hmm - liberal hypocracy?

The Washington Post quoted regarding the Lt. Gov. Fairfax sexual assault claim:

“Fairfax and the woman told different versions of what happened in the hotel room with no one else present,” the paper said. “The Washington Post could not find anyone who could corroborate either version. As such, we decided not to publish the story.”


Also, the Washington Post:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/inves...17b_story.html


I guess we’re not believing women anymore. Weird.

What the ever loving f**k?

First, let’s repeat once again that ‘Believe All Women’ only applies when a Republican is accused. And all aspects of journalistic ethics regarding such sensitive and potentially career-ending allegations are taken with care…when Democrats are the ones looking down the barrel of the Me Too gun. When Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh was under siege by liberal America for shoddy sexual misconduct claims, everyone took it as Gospel, despite no corroborating witnesses or evidence. So, these are your rules, liberal media. You set them and now they are eating you alive. You tried to use both shoddy, baseless sexual misconduct allegations and a yearbook to clip Kavanaugh and failed. You guys gunned after Kavanaugh hard. Now, your own tribe is facing similar allegations and you're taking a more kid-glove approach. It sucks, doesn’t it? May seem a bit unfair, right? Yeah, but these are your rules and you must play by these rules. That’s how liberalism works here on these issues.


https://twitter.com/JerryDunleavy/st...sault-n2540754


Reminds me of when our feminist PM got called out for "groping" a journalist at a music festival.....he has shit canned members of parliament for less and yet is forgiven by the media and all the Gropenfuher worshippers.
Appreciate 3
Run Silent10370.50
MKSixer13431.00
SakhirM49200.50

      02-05-2019, 09:20 AM   #1593
MKSixer
Major General
MKSixer's Avatar
13431
Rep
6,862
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southeast United States

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by usshelena725 View Post
Apparently, according to NBC - Northam's trouble is all the fault of Trump. What the ever loving hell.

On the Today Show, co-host Craig Melvin asked the panel why blackface seems “all of a sudden front and center in America again?” Princeton University Professor Eddie Glaude Jr. responded by tying Northam’s scandal to the president.

“I think it has something to do with what Donald Trump has unleashed. It has something to do with the reservoir that’s underneath our politics that can always be activated at any moment,” Glaude Jr. explained. “So it’s not like it’s something new has happened. It’s always underneath. It’s the undertow.” NBC political analyst Zerlina Maxwell agreed with the Princeton professor.

“You know, young children of color are dealing with kids saying, “‘Build the wall,’” Maxwell told the panel. “Donald Trump has normalized this overt display of racism.”
Will the last person in the room of our republic, please turn off the lights upon exiting. If this the thought process being promulgated, we are truly doomed.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtodd_fl View Post
Hell, I get random sausage attacks when I go anywhere.

Several actors have played James Bond, Sean Connery IS James Bond...
Appreciate 4
Run Silent10370.50
SakhirM49200.50
arkie6299.00

      02-05-2019, 05:34 PM   #1594
Haywood
I know a thing or 2 about a thing or 2...
Haywood's Avatar
United_States
1829
Rep
2,699
Posts

Drives: E36 M3 Coupe, e39 M5
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: LI, NY

iTrader: (11)

Garage List
2003 BMW e39 M5  [0.00]
1997 BMW e36 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by usshelena725 View Post
Hmm - liberal hypocracy?

The Washington Post quoted regarding the Lt. Gov. Fairfax sexual assault claim:

“Fairfax and the woman told different versions of what happened in the hotel room with no one else present,” the paper said. “The Washington Post could not find anyone who could corroborate either version. As such, we decided not to publish the story.”


Also, the Washington Post:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/inves...17b_story.html


I guess we’re not believing women anymore. Weird.

What the ever loving f**k?

First, let’s repeat once again that ‘Believe All Women’ only applies when a Republican is accused. And all aspects of journalistic ethics regarding such sensitive and potentially career-ending allegations are taken with care…when Democrats are the ones looking down the barrel of the Me Too gun. When Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh was under siege by liberal America for shoddy sexual misconduct claims, everyone took it as Gospel, despite no corroborating witnesses or evidence. So, these are your rules, liberal media. You set them and now they are eating you alive. You tried to use both shoddy, baseless sexual misconduct allegations and a yearbook to clip Kavanaugh and failed. You guys gunned after Kavanaugh hard. Now, your own tribe is facing similar allegations and you're taking a more kid-glove approach. It sucks, doesn’t it? May seem a bit unfair, right? Yeah, but these are your rules and you must play by these rules. That’s how liberalism works here on these issues.


https://twitter.com/JerryDunleavy/st...sault-n2540754



Funny, not one left wingnut liberal on here (you know the names) have challenged you or made a peep.
__________________
2003 Le Mans Blue e39 M5 Dinan S1
1997 Alpine White e36 M3 (the old gal)
2013 Mineral White e92 M3 (sold )
2014 Carbon Black 650i M-sport (sold)
Appreciate 4
******2020.00
Run Silent10370.50
arkie6299.00

      02-05-2019, 05:53 PM   #1595
Grumpy Old Man
Lieutenant Colonel
Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
Canada
5798
Rep
1,781
Posts

Drives: Porsche 993, 2015 MB GLK
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Niagara on the Lake

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haywood View Post
Funny, not one left wingnut liberal on here (you know the names) have challenged you or made a peep.
Kind of surprising they haven't set up a Conservative hypocrisy thread.....
Appreciate 1
Delta03116828.00

      02-11-2019, 12:12 PM   #1596
NickyC
Major General
NickyC's Avatar
4723
Rep
5,341
Posts

Drives: YMB M4, has a roof though. :(
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Somewhere I don't want to be

iTrader: (17)

Good grief, what a surprise right?

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...mitism-1163728
Appreciate 2
Delta03116828.00
Run Silent10370.50

      02-11-2019, 05:34 PM   #1597
Run Silent
Run Deep
Run Silent's Avatar
United_States
10371
Rep
2,924
Posts

Drives: Back and Forth To Work
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: The Mountains

iTrader: (0)

Garage List



Ummmm...


Three women ran in 2016. Hillary Clinton, Carly Fiorina, Jill Stein.

Thank God NBC is in the news business. Morons.

So, is this fake news or just a history fail? The tweet hasn’t been taken down and a correction has not been issued. I’ll let you folks debate whether this was fake news or just someone who thought history began until after Trump beat Hillary Clinton. Still, it’s a glaring error. It’s a whopper. And something that shouldn’t happen on a news staff for one of the most visible brands out there.
__________________
Nou gaan ons braai!
Appreciate 4
2000cs858.50
Delta03116828.00
MKSixer13431.00

      02-11-2019, 05:50 PM   #1598
gonzo
Lieutenant General
gonzo's Avatar
United_States
6198
Rep
12,431
Posts

Drives: as many as possible
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: TeXXXas

iTrader: (0)

^
People just swallow the whole hook these days. Say it, print it...fact!

The Wapo refused to give aoc ANY Pinnochios regading her 'error' filled rollout.
They attack like a hungry badger if it's a pub, but she got a total pass.
Joke of a paper.

Quality outfit there Bezopecker.
__________________
Crazy Diamond
Appreciate 5
Run Silent10370.50
******2020.00
Delta03116828.00
MKSixer13431.00

      02-11-2019, 10:44 PM   #1599
Schwarzschild Radius
Field Marshal of the Cosmos
Schwarzschild Radius's Avatar
United_States
7103
Rep
8,886
Posts

Drives: 135i DCT
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Agua Caliente

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
^
People just swallow the whole hook these days. Say it, print it...fact!

The Wapo refused to give aoc ANY Pinnochios regading her 'error' filled rollout.
They attack like a hungry badger if it's a pub, but she got a total pass.
Joke of a paper.

Quality outfit there Bezopecker.
Fact checking Gonzo:

4 Pinocchio's

https://www.washingtonpost.com/ampht...s-media-blitz/
__________________
I need some warm warming up stuff -LUPS
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2019, 11:18 PM   #1600
Schwarzschild Radius
Field Marshal of the Cosmos
Schwarzschild Radius's Avatar
United_States
7103
Rep
8,886
Posts

Drives: 135i DCT
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Agua Caliente

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
More Hannity BS

https://apple.news/ALUurKstRRFqdGz-U_gNI3w
Garbage compromise': Hannity warns Republicans not to back spending deal
__________________
I need some warm warming up stuff -LUPS
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2019, 05:06 AM   #1601
gonzo
Lieutenant General
gonzo's Avatar
United_States
6198
Rep
12,431
Posts

Drives: as many as possible
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: TeXXXas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Dodger View Post
August?

You are just precious.
__________________
Crazy Diamond
Appreciate 1
lakefront161.50

      02-12-2019, 10:47 AM   #1602
Run Silent
Run Deep
Run Silent's Avatar
United_States
10371
Rep
2,924
Posts

Drives: Back and Forth To Work
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: The Mountains

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Kamala Harris is full of shit.

Harris made the following comments Monday on "The Breakfast Club," the New York City-based nationally syndicated radio program hosted by DJ Envy, Angela Yee and Charlamagne tha God.

“I have. And I inhaled. I did inhale,” Harris said when asked if she has smoked weed. “It was a joint.”

She was then asked: “What was you listening to when you was high? What was on? What song was on?”

Harris quickly responded, “Definitely Snoop, Tupac for sure.”

----------------------------------

However, Harris graduated from Howard University in 1986 and was finished with law school by 1989. She was admitted to the State Bar of California in 1990.

Snoop Dogg’s debut album “Doggystyle” was released in 1993. Snoop made music prior to his first album, appearing on Dr. Dre’s 1992 album “The Chronic” and the soundtrack of the 1992 film “Deep Cover,” but they were both released years after Harris finished school.

As for Tupac, his first album “2Pacalypse Now” was released in 1991. The rap legend also recorded music as part of the group Digital Underground, but it was also released in the early 1990s after Harris finished school.

Lies.
__________________
Nou gaan ons braai!
Appreciate 4
Delta03116828.00
2000cs858.50
MKSixer13431.00

      02-12-2019, 10:56 AM   #1603
Schwarzschild Radius
Field Marshal of the Cosmos
Schwarzschild Radius's Avatar
United_States
7103
Rep
8,886
Posts

Drives: 135i DCT
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Agua Caliente

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
August?

You are just precious.
That's the best comeback you have? I expected better.......
__________________
I need some warm warming up stuff -LUPS
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2019, 10:57 AM   #1604
Schwarzschild Radius
Field Marshal of the Cosmos
Schwarzschild Radius's Avatar
United_States
7103
Rep
8,886
Posts

Drives: 135i DCT
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Agua Caliente

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Silent View Post
Kamala Harris is full of shit.

Harris made the following comments Monday on "The Breakfast Club," the New York City-based nationally syndicated radio program hosted by DJ Envy, Angela Yee and Charlamagne tha God.

“I have. And I inhaled. I did inhale,” Harris said when asked if she has smoked weed. “It was a joint.”

She was then asked: “What was you listening to when you was high? What was on? What song was on?”

Harris quickly responded, “Definitely Snoop, Tupac for sure.”

----------------------------------

However, Harris graduated from Howard University in 1986 and was finished with law school by 1989. She was admitted to the State Bar of California in 1990.

Snoop Dogg’s debut album “Doggystyle” was released in 1993. Snoop made music prior to his first album, appearing on Dr. Dre’s 1992 album “The Chronic” and the soundtrack of the 1992 film “Deep Cover,” but they were both released years after Harris finished school.

As for Tupac, his first album “2Pacalypse Now” was released in 1991. The rap legend also recorded music as part of the group Digital Underground, but it was also released in the early 1990s after Harris finished school.

Lies.
You had me at "Kamala Harris is full of shit".......
__________________
I need some warm warming up stuff -LUPS
Appreciate 2
Run Silent10370.50
MKSixer13431.00

      02-12-2019, 11:06 PM   #1605
TTony
Lieutenant
United_States
259
Rep
517
Posts

Drives: E92 M3, E60 M5, '06 IS350
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: San Jose

iTrader: (1)

"California Governor Gavin Newsom (D.) said on Tuesday "it would cost too much and take too long" to build a high-speed train line between San Francisco and Los Angeles.

Newsom announced that he is cancelling the state's plan on the project during his first State of the State address.

He pledges more accountability for those involved in the project who spend over their budget. The project ballooned in cost under Brown, starting in 2008 with an estimated cost of $39 billion for the high speed rail connecting Northern California, Southern California, and the Central Valley. California has spent $5.4 billion on the train so far. The state has also received $3.5 billion from the federal government, which Newsom has no intention in returning.

Newsom's announcement comes in contrast to a proposal from Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's (D., N.Y.) Green New Deal proposal. The congresswoman published a FAQ page and sent it to some in the media, which highlighted several goals the Green New Deal wished to achieve. One of the goals was to create a high-speed rail system throughout the United States that would render air travel unnecessary.

The FAQ page said, "totally overhaul transportation by massively expanding electric vehicle manufacturing, build charging stations everywhere, build out high-speed rail at a scale where air travel stops becoming necessary, create affordable public transit available to all, with goals to replace every combustion-engine vehicle" in the next 10 years.

Shortly after, Ocasio-Cortez's office deleted the FAQ page of the Green New Deal proposal from her web page. An adviser for Ocasio-Cortez tried to blame the more radical provisions being cited as doctored documents circulating around. When that was proven false, Ocasio-Cortez's chief of staff said the document was prematurely leaked, despite their office giving the document to NPR. Then her office said the provisions on the FAQ page were more aspirational and weren't in the actual resolution."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is like liberal hypocrisy inception, where do we start???

1. You have liberals cancelling trains in California that would have ushered in the Green New Deal.
2. Then when they cancel the train, they say they are going to investigate and find those ACCOUNTABLE for overspending... but they are going to keep the $3.5B they received from the national government and not return it.
3. Then they say they never really said the Green New Deal called for high speed trains and they delete the FAQ page explaining the trains.

This is literally a train wreck.
Appreciate 1
N54Yankee1206.00

      02-12-2019, 11:31 PM   #1606
Circuit Hunter
Lieutenant
333
Rep
460
Posts

Drives: F80 M3
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Southern Cal.

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
Kind of surprising they haven't set up a Conservative hypocrisy thread.....
I agree, especially because those libs have so much free time waiting for a handout.
__________________
IG: @circuithunter
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:52 PM.




bmw
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST