BMW i
Forum for the BMW i3, i4 and i8
BMW i3 BMW i8
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

  BMW i Forums > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-10-2019, 04:38 AM   #155
Ivan Ivanov
First Lieutenant
Ivan Ivanov's Avatar
Russian Federation
671
Rep
332
Posts

Drives: X1, X3
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: RUSSIA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
They could switch and buy from the Russians like they have threatened to do with the S-400. Erdogan and Putin have become pretty cozy lately. Even with Turkey shooting the Russian fighter/bomber down.
If we talk about the reasons (leaving Syria) the main reason is the deal with Turkey. Erdogan is really very friendly with Putin (contract for the purchase of S400, Turkish stream (gas pipeline)) and the US is not interested in such close relations with its ally.
Kurds, of course, are good guys, but in this case Trump primarily fulfills his election doctrine - America first.
Appreciate 1
minn194518.00

      01-10-2019, 09:01 AM   #156
minn19
Major General
minn19's Avatar
United_States
4518
Rep
5,357
Posts

Drives: 18 M3, 16 F150,
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Minnesota

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan Ivanov View Post
If we talk about the reasons (leaving Syria) the main reason is the deal with Turkey. Erdogan is really very friendly with Putin (contract for the purchase of S400, Turkish stream (gas pipeline)) and the US is not interested in such close relations with its ally.
Kurds, of course, are good guys, but in this case Trump primarily fulfills his election doctrine - America first.
Agreed except the part about the US not wanting close relations with Turkey. I think they do, but Erdogan isn't exactly an easy person to deal with for many of the same reasons Trump isn't.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2019, 11:22 PM   #157
stylinexpat
Major
stylinexpat's Avatar
260
Rep
1,297
Posts

Drives:
Join Date: Aug 2008

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by usshelena725 View Post
FWIW, John Bolton just made it clear the United States' withdrawal from Syria is conditional. He also stated that America needs to know Turkey will not target the U.S.ís Kurdish allies once our troops are removed. See quote below:

Mr. Bolton said: "Mr. Trump has told President Recep Tayyip Erdogan of Turkey that withdrawal is pending assurances that Turkey will protect Kurdish fighters who have long provided the U.S. with solid support in the campaign against Islamic State, Iím going to follow what the president said.Ē

https://www.wsj.com/articles/bolton-...al-11546777230
"Conditional" upon the new conditions relayed to Bolton by Israel after he was summoned to Israel for a meeting in regards to US pulling troops out of Syria.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.1cb49a68ad2e

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/...202334381.html

Appreciate 0
      01-14-2019, 08:59 AM   #158
minn19
Major General
minn19's Avatar
United_States
4518
Rep
5,357
Posts

Drives: 18 M3, 16 F150,
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Minnesota

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by usshelena725 View Post
1) You are a racist and a bigot and you continue to post racist crap.

2) You should be ashamed of yourself and need to do some soul searching.

3) I hope you find what you are looking for in life.

4) God bless you. May Jesus Christ help you find peace.
Geez you guys, this place has gotten out of hand.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2019, 09:15 AM   #159
stylinexpat
Major
stylinexpat's Avatar
260
Rep
1,297
Posts

Drives:
Join Date: Aug 2008

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by usshelena725 View Post
1) You are a racist and a bigot and you continue to post racist crap.

2) You should be ashamed of yourself and need to do some soul searching.

3) I hope you find what you are looking for in life.

4) God bless you. May Jesus Christ help you find peace.
Either you are biased or as you say racist because in the following Political threads you had no objections and never told others that they were racist for talking about China or any other middle eastern country. Had you told others in these Polutical threads that they were bigots you would not looks so biased and bigoted with hypocritical double standards. This is a Political Thread forum so if you donít like political policies and political news that is all over the news about certain countries being brought up but do about others then you can stay out of the threads you are biased and bigoted against.

In the threads below I heard no such comments from you because these threads were to yournlikings but when tables are turned around you accuse others of being racists and bigots while you turn a blind eye to other posts other posts and donít call them racists nor call them out for their posts. Your hypocritical biased hypocritical double standards have spoken for themselves. Either be fair and comment fairly or keep your opinion to yourself if you have nothing to discuss in relation with the current political news events making political media news asides from the ones to your own personal likings that meet your likings

https://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1514092
https://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1569375
https://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1564759

CNN sucks thread was ok for you but bringing up Israeli policies along with Trump policies against those political policies of Israel was not ok for you. Your true colors have shown
https://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1492762

Putin Strikes again thread was ok for you. You had no objections. A thread about Israel strikes again would have had you up in arms. You did not complain in that there ad either. There are many other threads as well but I wil not list them although your false accusations in these listed threads prove your hypocritical biased double standards you accuse others of to be those of your own.
https://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1473144

The list goes on and on so before you accuse others of being bigoted and racists look at your own biased and hypocritical double standards posts here
In this Political Science forum there is nothing forbidden about threads being started and discussed in regards with certain political news being covered by certain media news outlets about one country but not the other otherwise all those media news outlets according to you are racist bigots for covering such news events
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2019, 09:27 AM   #160
stylinexpat
Major
stylinexpat's Avatar
260
Rep
1,297
Posts

Drives:
Join Date: Aug 2008

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
Geez you guys, this place has gotten out of hand.
Some people seem to have double standards here which is neither right or fair. In Political thread forums different people will have different political and religious points of view on political and religious events making media news. Attacking others with false accusations and turning a blind eye or stand with others in other threads to their likings is called BS especially if one turns a blind eye to others that do such things when it is to their likings.

If a news article link is false and falsely printing a false news report then we could discuss that but making such comments intro trying to silence others up is wrong and should not be accepted by anyone here. We are not in a communist country here nor are we in a tyrant or Apartheid country. All political news events should be open for discussion without personal attacks on other members here.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2019, 09:28 AM   #161
dsad1
Lieutenant Colonel
592
Rep
1,649
Posts

Drives: car
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: United States

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stylinexpat View Post
Either you are biased or as you say racist because in the following Political threads you had no objections and never told others that they were racist for talking about China or any other middle eastern country. Had you told others in these Polutical threads that they were bigots you would not looks so biased and bigoted with hypocritical double standards. This is a Political Thread forum so if you donít like political policies and political news that is all over the news about certain countries being brought up but do about others then you can stay out of the threads you are biased and bigoted against.

In the threads below I heard no such comments from you because these threads were to yournlikings but when tables are turned around you accuse others of being racists and bigots while you turn a blind eye to other posts other posts and donít call them racists nor call them out for their posts. Your hypocritical biased hypocritical double standards have spoken for themselves. Either be fair and comment fairly or keep your opinion to yourself if you have nothing to discuss in relation with the current political news events making political media news asides from the ones to your own personal likings that meet your likings

https://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1514092
https://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1569375
https://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1564759

CNN sucks thread was ok for you but bringing up Israeli policies along with Trump policies against those political policies of Israel was not ok for you. Your true colors have shown
https://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1492762

Putin Strikes again thread was ok for you. You had no objections. A thread about Israel strikes again would have had you up in arms. You did not complain in that there ad either. There are many other threads as well but I wil not list them although your false accusations in these listed threads prove your hypocritical biased double standards you accuse others of to be those of your own.
https://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1473144

The list goes on and on so before you accuse others of being bigoted and racists look at your own biased and hypocritical double standards posts here
In this Political Science forum there is nothing forbidden about threads being started and discussed in regards with certain political news being covered by certain media news outlets about one country but not the other otherwise all those media news outlets according to you are racist bigots for covering such news events
His point is that your only focus is Israel. In your view Israel is the supposed mastermind behind everything and controls the world.

You forget that both democrats and republicans were against Trumps announcement the day of, you forget that Mattis retired because of the announcement, you forget that Trump went back on his plans before Bolton even arrived in Israel as seen in the article below. This is why people here call you bias, every thing you post blames only Israel.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46718397
Appreciate 2
Run Silent6341.00
MKSixer10121.50

      01-14-2019, 09:46 AM   #162
minn19
Major General
minn19's Avatar
United_States
4518
Rep
5,357
Posts

Drives: 18 M3, 16 F150,
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Minnesota

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by usshelena725 View Post
Thank you, and yes. Every single one of his posts is literally "Look how evil Israel is!!"

Not only is it sad, it is quite offensive to anyone with a rational brain.
How is this any different than the majority of people here that only post about the liberal loony left etc?

Just because his focus is Israel and what their government does makes him anti semitic? I find that a bit of a stretch. And yes I have read a lot of his stuff here and on the 'Fest.
Appreciate 1
      01-14-2019, 10:16 PM   #163
stylinexpat
Major
stylinexpat's Avatar
260
Rep
1,297
Posts

Drives:
Join Date: Aug 2008

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsaad1 View Post
His point is that your only focus is Israel. In your view Israel is the supposed mastermind behind everything and controls the world.

You forget that both democrats and republicans were against Trumps announcement the day of, you forget that Mattis retired because of the announcement, you forget that Trump went back on his plans before Bolton even arrived in Israel as seen in the article below. This is why people here call you bias, every thing you post blames only Israel.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46718397
People here Focus on Trump, previously people focused on Obama (many here still do),others focus on Iran,some focus on Democrats, some focus on Republicans, some focus on Muslims, some focus Palestinians, some focus on Russians, some focus on China and the list goes on as this is a Political Thread and there are a lot of politics from around the world..
It could be that the people themselves are biased. Again what was posted which the media reported on that was false?

I don't recall you calling out each one of those people for particular posts
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2019, 01:02 PM   #164
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
1682
Rep
4,775
Posts

Drives: VO 1M
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

I thought ISIS was eliminated.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/16/polit...ity/index.html
Appreciate 3
minn194518.00
Sassicaia3031.50
ny325362.00

      01-29-2019, 03:03 PM   #165
minn19
Major General
minn19's Avatar
United_States
4518
Rep
5,357
Posts

Drives: 18 M3, 16 F150,
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Minnesota

iTrader: (0)

Wow, this is a pretty bold move for McConnell.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/29/polit...tan/index.html
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2019, 12:20 PM   #166
glennQNYC
Benelli M4 Speed Loader
glennQNYC's Avatar
United_States
3337
Rep
3,951
Posts

Drives: M Sport 335i
Join Date: May 2013
Location: North Jersey

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2014 335i  [4.87]
Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
Wow, this is a pretty bold move for McConnell.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/29/polit...tan/index.html
Not a rebuttal... Only sharing a quote buried way at the bottom of of the linked article.

Acting Secretary of Defense Patrick Shanahan told reporters at that same hearing that ISIS has lost "99.5% plus" of the territory it once held in Syria and Iraq, adding "within a couple of weeks it will be 100%."

"ISIS is no longer able to govern in Syria, ISIS no longer has freedom to mass forces, Syria is no longer a safe haven," Shanahan said.
__________________
Appreciate 1
minn194518.00

Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:08 AM.




bmw
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST