BMW i
Forum for the BMW i3, i4 and i8
BMW i3 BMW i8
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

BMW i Forums > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

01-10-2019, 01:31 PM   #1
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Total Registered Voters in LA County Far Exceeds Population of US Citizens

Sorry for two new threads back to back, but I thought both these items were worthy of discussion.

In the wall thread, there was multiple banter between those on right and left about illegal's voting in the last election. The general consensus was that they probably did, but there was no way to prove it since there wasn't a record per-say and that ultimately, it likely wasn't a huge amount.

Then this news story popped up today:

Number Registered to Vote in Los Angeles County Far Exceeds Population of US Citizens

Well - I guess that kind of proves it, now doesn't it? LOL. Of course, this doesn't prove that those still on the rolls were illegal immigrants (most probably were not) and it doesn't prove that there were any that actually voted in the last election (many of these issues are probably due to folks moving away and then never getting purged from the register).

The problem lies, however, of 'how do we know?'

When you have that many people incorrectly registered to vote in a locale, then it not only dramatically increases the chance for fraud, but it also gives an enormous black eye to the appearance of honesty in elections.

https://www.sacbee.com/news/politics...223886630.html

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/guyben...izens-n2538705

https://freebeacon.com/issues/califo...registrations/

What say you on this discovery?

01-10-2019, 02:08 PM   #2
MKSixer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by usshelena725 View Post
Sorry for two new threads back to back, but I thought both these items were worthy of discussion.

In the wall thread, there was multiple banter between those on right and left about illegal's voting in the last election. The general consensus was that they probably did, but there was no way to prove it since there wasn't a record per-say and that ultimately, it likely wasn't a huge amount.

Then this news story popped up today:

Number Registered to Vote in Los Angeles County Far Exceeds Population of US Citizens

Well - I guess that kind of proves it, now doesn't it? LOL. Of course, this doesn't prove that those still on the rolls were illegal immigrants (most probably were not) and it doesn't prove that there were any that actually voted in the last election (many of these issues are probably due to folks moving away and then never getting purged from the register).

When you have that many people incorrectly registered to vote in a locale, then it not only dramatically increases the chance for fraud, but it also gives an enormous black eye to the appearance of honesty in elections.

https://www.sacbee.com/news/politics...223886630.html

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/guyben...izens-n2538705

https://freebeacon.com/issues/califo...registrations/

What say you on this discovery?

In B4 Fake News pronouncements.

@[Nyet. Not Russian Hacker](contact:368080)
Ask me hacker question. Hacker question I get answer.
Appreciate 1
Run Silent6102.00

01-10-2019, 02:10 PM   #3
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i Arctic

The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. - SMH

AUTOMATIC voter registration because you got a driver's license is ludicrous beyond belief in a state that actively offers the DL to non-residents.

UNLESS <tin foil hat> one particular state party, who actively supports sanctuary-status, is searching for additional voters. </tin foil hat>
Appreciate 7
MKSixer9941.50
Run Silent6102.00
shay2nak711.50
Law4037.50

01-10-2019, 02:13 PM   #4
MKSixer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. - SMH

AUTOMATIC voter registration because you got a driver's license is ludicrous beyond belief in a state that actively offers the DL to non-residents.

UNLESS <tin foil hat> one particular state party, who actively supports sanctuary-status, is searching for additional voters. </tin foil hat>
You left this in the hat check, sir.
Attached Images

@[Nyet. Not Russian Hacker](contact:368080)
Ask me hacker question. Hacker question I get answer.
Appreciate 1
Run Silent6102.00

01-10-2019, 02:15 PM   #5
Real Dodger
Field Marshal of the Cosmos
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i DCT

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Before I go on my voyage of discovery, I will say that in my business you have to be registered with the companies you are doing business with. And you or whichever company you are with have to pay a fee to become unregistered, in California. So there are thousands and thousands of people who appear to be active agents, but are not. Because the companies and agents are not gonna spend money to take the agents off the list. That's stupid. I wonder if this is related.
      01-10-2019, 02:20 PM   #6
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Column 17 of the database the DMV sends to the State Controller is a logical field, but the question asked to determine its value isn't distinct. Then when the SC imports that data, and finds a logical true in 17, the person is registered to vote.

Isn't there a guy considering database work in DC that wants to be paid more often than monthly, who could help the State/DMV out????
Appreciate 4
Run Silent6102.00
MKSixer9941.50
2000cs413.50

01-10-2019, 02:27 PM   #7
Real Dodger
Field Marshal of the Cosmos
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i DCT

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
In general, I believe it is a federal law that state voter registration listings must be reviewed and purged of those who moved away or are not accurate within 2 years of every election or every 4 years, whichever comes first.

So, CA would be in violation of federal election laws if they haven't done this - which it appears they have not.

Again - this doesn't prove anything, but it certainly gives more credence to those who suggest there are substantial illegal voters casting ballots and it does make one suspect that something nefarious may be occurring.
The motor-voter thing is stupid.
Law4037.50

01-10-2019, 02:29 PM   #8
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

My last issued license was SEVERAL years ago, so I don't know. I wonder on that form if it also informs them where the rolls for JURY DUTY come from?????
Appreciate 1
Run Silent6102.00

01-10-2019, 03:08 PM   #9
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
You left this in the hat check, sir.
No iron cross, couldn't be mine
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2019, 04:11 PM   #10
tracer bullet
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 135i , '15 X3 35i

Quote:
... Of course, this doesn't prove that those still on the rolls were illegal immigrants (most probably were not) and it doesn't prove that there were any that actually voted in the last election (many of these issues are probably due to folks moving away and then never getting purged from the register).

100% Agreed.

Having 112% of your population registered means there are clearly issues. I think you're right it's probably the same people at multiple addresses or something like that, but it's a problem that needs to be looked into and fixed ASAP.
Appreciate 1
Run Silent6102.00

01-10-2019, 04:43 PM   #11
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

I vaguely recall we even had some elected officials at the local level who were registered to vote in multiple jurisdictions. Left a sour taste in some peoples' mouth that said elected official might be a carpet-bagger or such. Tried to explain it away that just hadn't been removed from old rolls.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2019, 04:48 PM   #12
IllSic_Design
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 335i

Definitely partly to do with DMV and the way they automatically enroll you if you change addresses/counties. Case in point they registered me in a county I don't primarily live in(another residence), when I changed my address for another vehicle I own to this address. I was getting sent jury duty notices, voter info, etc at the address for this other county. I had to let the courts know I wasn't skipping jury duty and that this wasn't my primary county of residence so I didn't have a bench warrant out for me.
Appreciate 0