BMW i
Forum for the BMW i3, i4 and i8
BMW i3 BMW i8
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

  BMW i Forums > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-16-2019, 07:23 PM   #111
ntgarage44
Captain
ntgarage44's Avatar
United_States
545
Rep
627
Posts

Drives: '17 M3 Mineral White 6MT
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jockey View Post
Sure! Let's throw all of our morals out too!
Itís just as immoral as shooting someone who trespasses into your home illegally. Whether heís benevolent or not, Iím not going to give him the chance to prove heís not a threat to me or my family. Having locked doors merely discourages someone from entering before I need to make the more difficult decision.

Itís a micro example but I really donít see how a border wall is any different. Both of my parents and my wifeís parents came here legally from communist Europe, and it was not easy, but they waited until it was legal, and did it the right way. They have first hand accounts of the Berlin Wall working damn well. And communist Europe was absolutely no picnic.

Iím so sick of this politically correct horse crap. Nobody is entitled to anything. Mexico should fix its gang problem instead of using our country for asylum, and we need to build the long overdue wall instead of these flip flop politicians playing reelection games.
Appreciate 1
SakhirM49199.50

      01-16-2019, 07:50 PM   #112
Jockey
Brigadier General
Jockey's Avatar
United_States
1793
Rep
4,281
Posts

Drives: F80 SS/SS M3
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Park City, UT

iTrader: (1)

I'm not talking about the wall, I'm talking about shooting people coming over it.

Try to keep up
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2019, 08:16 PM   #113
ntgarage44
Captain
ntgarage44's Avatar
United_States
545
Rep
627
Posts

Drives: '17 M3 Mineral White 6MT
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jockey View Post
I'm not talking about the wall, I'm talking about shooting people coming over it.

Try to keep up
Did I not directly reference that in my micro example? I still fail to see how it's any less moral than my house example. I absolutely will not hesitate to shoot someone who has purposely broken into my home after breaking through my locked doors. I don't really care if the person is good or bad if Im trying to protect my family. But for me to see them as a threat, I need those locked doors for them to break through first.

Was never trying to demean you, just mutually respectful debate hopefully. I always second guess posting on these sorts of things, because honestly I don't know if anything constructive ever comes out of them. People get snarky and condescending as soon as they're challenged, and I don't think anybody is ever convinced to the other side. I guess I should have known better by now.

On a lighter note, good day to you, genuinely I hope our government figures themselves out, because I don't know how long our country can remain divided like this.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2019, 08:20 PM   #114
dsad1
Lieutenant Colonel
653
Rep
1,703
Posts

Drives: car
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: United States

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntgarage44 View Post
Did I not directly reference that in my micro example? I still fail to see how it's any less moral than my house example. I absolutely will not hesitate to shoot someone who has purposely broken into my home after breaking through my locked doors. I don't really care if the person is good or bad if Im trying to protect my family. But for me to see them as a threat, I need those locked doors for them to break through first.

Was never trying to demean you, just mutually respectful debate hopefully. I always second guess posting on these sorts of things, because honestly I don't know if anything constructive ever comes out of them. People get snarky and condescending as soon as they're challenged, and I don't think anybody is ever convinced to the other side. I guess I should have known better by now.

On a lighter note, good day to you, genuinely I hope our government figures themselves out, because I don't know how long our country can remain divided like this.
We solved the Palestinian/Israeli issue in the other thread with gumbo and clam chowder. Maybe we need a food talk break in this thread as well.
Appreciate 1
      01-16-2019, 09:38 PM   #115
WIKDF80
Totaled
WIKDF80's Avatar
277
Rep
241
Posts

Drives: 2017 F80 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Redondo Beach

iTrader: (0)

__________________
///M Power AW 17 F80 ZCP DCT /// Macht Schnell spacers /// Macht Schnell comp springs /// RW Carbon /// VF Engineering Stage 1
Appreciate 2
SakhirM49199.50
N54Yankee1187.00

      01-16-2019, 11:33 PM   #116
Tuxedo
Bowties r cool ▶:◀
Tuxedo's Avatar
United_States
381
Rep
602
Posts

Drives: 2009 128i MT e88
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIKDF80 View Post
looks like the best sales pitch so any idea what it'll cost, oh free Mexico will pay for it or will they not sure I mean didn't see that listed?
notice the amount of war alongside those walls listed?
sold us a wall with Mexico so we need it around the entire country 11,000miles of coastline and Canada, oh and Alaska and US territories 7,500miles more.
Maintain it with monopoly money as it won't get breached cause Trump is the super awesome supreme leader.
Calling my congressman right now, he needs to see this and learn a lesson from amazeballs John Galt!

Waahoo walls work
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2019, 11:42 PM   #117
Eriphill
Captain
898
Rep
723
Posts

Drives: 340i
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Down by the sea

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuxedo View Post
looks like the best sales pitch so any idea what it'll cost, oh free Mexico will pay for it or will they not sure I mean didn't see that listed?
notice the amount of war alongside those walls listed?
sold us a wall with Mexico so we need it around the entire country 11,000miles of coastline and Canada, oh and Alaska and US territories 7,500miles more.
Maintain it with monopoly money as it won't get breached cause Trump is the super awesome supreme leader.
Calling my congressman right now, he needs to see this and learn a lesson from amazeballs John Galt!

Waahoo walls work
So what are you drinking tonight?
Appreciate 1
SakhirM49199.50

      01-17-2019, 12:16 PM   #118
PR3CI5N
need4speed
PR3CI5N's Avatar
United_States
480
Rep
1,911
Posts

Drives: 2010 E90 M 335i
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: West Coast

iTrader: (24)

Obviously walls can be bypassed. However, having a wall is much more of a deterrent than having no wall. Don't you think it's funny how most democrats are anti-wall yet their homes have walls/gates/cameras for security...if they don't work, then why do they have them. I agree that money needs to also go towards strengthening security at our boarder checkpoints.
__________________
N54
Appreciate 2
SakhirM49199.50
Torgus1757.00

Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:43 PM.




bmw
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST