BMW i
Forum for the BMW i3, i4 and i8
BMW i3 BMW i8
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

BMW i Forums > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

01-16-2019, 07:23 PM   #111
ntgarage44
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M3 Mineral White 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jockey View Post
Sure! Let's throw all of our morals out too!
Itís just as immoral as shooting someone who trespasses into your home illegally. Whether heís benevolent or not, Iím not going to give him the chance to prove heís not a threat to me or my family. Having locked doors merely discourages someone from entering before I need to make the more difficult decision.

Itís a micro example but I really donít see how a border wall is any different. Both of my parents and my wifeís parents came here legally from communist Europe, and it was not easy, but they waited until it was legal, and did it the right way. They have first hand accounts of the Berlin Wall working damn well. And communist Europe was absolutely no picnic.

Iím so sick of this politically correct horse crap. Nobody is entitled to anything. Mexico should fix its gang problem instead of using our country for asylum, and we need to build the long overdue wall instead of these flip flop politicians playing reelection games.
Appreciate 1
SakhirM49199.50

01-16-2019, 07:50 PM   #112
Jockey
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 SS/SS M3

I'm not talking about the wall, I'm talking about shooting people coming over it.

Try to keep up
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2019, 08:16 PM   #113
ntgarage44
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M3 Mineral White 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jockey View Post
I'm not talking about the wall, I'm talking about shooting people coming over it.

Try to keep up
Did I not directly reference that in my micro example? I still fail to see how it's any less moral than my house example. I absolutely will not hesitate to shoot someone who has purposely broken into my home after breaking through my locked doors. I don't really care if the person is good or bad if Im trying to protect my family. But for me to see them as a threat, I need those locked doors for them to break through first.

Was never trying to demean you, just mutually respectful debate hopefully. I always second guess posting on these sorts of things, because honestly I don't know if anything constructive ever comes out of them. People get snarky and condescending as soon as they're challenged, and I don't think anybody is ever convinced to the other side. I guess I should have known better by now.

On a lighter note, good day to you, genuinely I hope our government figures themselves out, because I don't know how long our country can remain divided like this.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2019, 08:20 PM   #114
dsad1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntgarage44 View Post
Did I not directly reference that in my micro example? I still fail to see how it's any less moral than my house example. I absolutely will not hesitate to shoot someone who has purposely broken into my home after breaking through my locked doors. I don't really care if the person is good or bad if Im trying to protect my family. But for me to see them as a threat, I need those locked doors for them to break through first.

Was never trying to demean you, just mutually respectful debate hopefully. I always second guess posting on these sorts of things, because honestly I don't know if anything constructive ever comes out of them. People get snarky and condescending as soon as they're challenged, and I don't think anybody is ever convinced to the other side. I guess I should have known better by now.

On a lighter note, good day to you, genuinely I hope our government figures themselves out, because I don't know how long our country can remain divided like this.
We solved the Palestinian/Israeli issue in the other thread with gumbo and clam chowder. Maybe we need a food talk break in this thread as well.
Appreciate 1
      01-16-2019, 09:38 PM   #115
WIKDF80
Totaled
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 M3 ZCP

N54Yankee1187.00

01-16-2019, 11:33 PM   #116
Tuxedo
Bowties r cool ▶:◀
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 128i MT e88

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIKDF80 View Post
looks like the best sales pitch so any idea what it'll cost, oh free Mexico will pay for it or will they not sure I mean didn't see that listed?
notice the amount of war alongside those walls listed?
sold us a wall with Mexico so we need it around the entire country 11,000miles of coastline and Canada, oh and Alaska and US territories 7,500miles more.
Maintain it with monopoly money as it won't get breached cause Trump is the super awesome supreme leader.
Calling my congressman right now, he needs to see this and learn a lesson from amazeballs John Galt!

Waahoo walls work
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2019, 11:42 PM   #117
Eriphill
Captain
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuxedo View Post
looks like the best sales pitch so any idea what it'll cost, oh free Mexico will pay for it or will they not sure I mean didn't see that listed?
notice the amount of war alongside those walls listed?
sold us a wall with Mexico so we need it around the entire country 11,000miles of coastline and Canada, oh and Alaska and US territories 7,500miles more.
Maintain it with monopoly money as it won't get breached cause Trump is the super awesome supreme leader.
Calling my congressman right now, he needs to see this and learn a lesson from amazeballs John Galt!

Waahoo walls work
So what are you drinking tonight?
Appreciate 1
SakhirM49199.50

01-17-2019, 12:16 PM   #118
PR3CI5N
need4speed
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 M 335i

Obviously walls can be bypassed. However, having a wall is much more of a deterrent than having no wall. Don't you think it's funny how most democrats are anti-wall yet their homes have walls/gates/cameras for security...if they don't work, then why do they have them. I agree that money needs to also go towards strengthening security at our boarder checkpoints.
Torgus1757.00