BMW i
Forum for the BMW i3, i4 and i8
BMW i3 BMW i8
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

BMW i Forums > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

01-14-2019, 12:58 PM   #23
MKSixer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
I've read it and understand it very well. Which, is generally why I don't make vast generalizations such as your last couple of statements.

As I said earlier, one can be critical and not like how multiple Israeli governments have treated the Palestinians and others. Or how they acquired the land for the modern nation of Israel. This does not make them Nazis nor condone their actions/on the same side of them.

You guys are really pissed off today and especially nasty for some reason. Apparently a tough Monday AM for a lot of people today.
I'm having a lovely morning. Breakfast with my daughter. Meeting with my attorney. Call with another attorney to solve a problem for my gf. Quick meeting with IT. BP in between. Facts are facts.

Getting ready for lunch...gumbo anyone?

@[Nyet. Not Russian Hacker](contact:368080)
Ask me hacker question. Hacker question I get answer.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2019, 01:00 PM   #24
MKSixer
Major General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
So, I didn't see him posting pro Hamas articles etc.

And plenty of Jewish folks feel the same way about Muslims etc.
Not what I said. Please read my original statement.

Don't you rail against whataboutism?

Appreciate 0
      01-14-2019, 01:04 PM   #25
1 AKY
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 330D MSport Auto

Israel backs Kurds and Trump Tweets new threats against Turkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
I always simply remind anti-Zionist that they are on the same side of the people who tried to exterminate the Jewish population during WWII.
That is a load of testicles.....and then you have the audacity to tell others to read history.
Appreciate 3
minn194516.50
Jockey1449.00

01-14-2019, 01:06 PM   #26
minn19
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 M3, 16 F150,

Quote:
Not what I said. Please read my original statement.

Don't you rail against whataboutism?
Nothing to do with whataboutism and more about bullying. You and the same same group of guys did this to the person that posted a lot of anti Trump stuff and now are framing this guy as an anti semite/Nazi sympathizer. I don't see it and have never seen it (yet) from this person. As I said, this place is getting out of control.

Apparently like tracer bullet, I too am unable to comprehend what you are really trying to say, but it seemed pretty easy to understand.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2019, 01:07 PM   #27
1 AKY
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
This is an unbelievably ridiculous statement.
To quote the Hamas Charter:
“Israel will exist and will continue to exist until Islam will obliterate it, just as it obliterated others before it.”
“The Prophet, Allah bless him and grant him salvation, has said: ‘The Day of Judgement will not come about until Moslems fight the Jews (killing the Jews), when the Jew will hide behind stones and trees. The stones and trees will say O Moslems, O Abdulla, there is a Jew behind me, come and kill him.’”
Anti-Zionist does not mean pro-Hamas
Appreciate 2
minn194516.50

01-14-2019, 01:09 PM   #28
1 AKY
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Dodger View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 AKY View Post
(Whilst in total condemnation of the atrocities of the holocaust and not not wanting to preempt your answer), please enlighten us. Would love to hear your version, especially the how....
I don't have a version. What "version" are you alluding to? Do you know something I don't?

I have read about it in numerous places and met a survivor of Bergen-Belsen 2 years ago.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Holocaust

https://www.history.com/topics/world.../the-holocaust

http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/worldwa...rview_01.shtml
Errr......creation of Israel?
Appreciate 1
      01-14-2019, 01:16 PM   #29
MKSixer
Major General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
That is a load of testicles.....and then you have the audacity to tell others to read history.
It's a fact.
Were the so-called, Palestinians on the same side as the Axis powers in WW2? Did Mr. Hitler collaborate with muslims?

Appreciate 0
      01-14-2019, 01:22 PM   #30
minn19
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
It's a fact.
Were the so-called, Palestinians on the same side as the Axis powers in WW2? Did Mr. Hitler collaborate with muslims?
So because of this the modern Israeli's/current Jewish fundamentalists are allowed to do whatever they want to the Palestinian/Muslims?
Appreciate 1
      01-14-2019, 01:22 PM   #31
MKSixer
Major General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Nothing to do with whataboutism and more about bullying. You and the same same group of guys did this to the person that posted a lot of anti Trump stuff and now are framing this guy as an anti semite/Nazi sympathizer. I don't see it and have never seen it (yet) from this person. As I said, this place is getting out of control.

Apparently like tracer bullet, I too am unable to comprehend what you are really trying to say, but it seemed pretty easy to understand.
You, apparently, have a certain tolerance for those statements.

As far as this place getting out of control, I don't recall you jumping to my defense or anyone's defense in the thread about spanking. We were called all manner of names and I didn't see you censure SUM when he went on his rant about me, personally. Help me understand what specifically you mean by, "out of control." It seems to only point in one direction for you, which is fine but please don't ignore the fact that it happens on both sides.

Appreciate 0
      01-14-2019, 01:23 PM   #32
MKSixer
Major General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
So because of this the modern Israeli's/current Jewish fundamentalists are allowed to do whatever they want to the Palestinian/Muslims?
You are now expanding the context of my statement. Please refer to my original statement.
Off to lunch. Gumbo!

Appreciate 0
      01-14-2019, 01:29 PM   #33
minn19
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You, apparently, have a certain tolerance for those statements.

As far as this place getting out of control, I don't recall you jumping to my defense or anyone's defense in the thread about spanking. We were called all manner of names and I didn't see you censure SUM when he went on his rant about me, personally. Help me understand what specifically you mean by, "out of control." It seems to only point in one direction for you, which is fine but please don't ignore the fact that it happens on both sides.
There is a pack of you that thinks you run this subforum. I actually very rarely say anything about this type of thing until it gets over the top like this.

If somebody was as aggressive to you as usshelena725 was towards the OP/and were being ganged up by a ton of members here, I would say something. I believe I have stood up for you in the past when I thought somebody misconstrued what you said. After hundreds/thousands of posts it is hard to remember.

Sum gets piled on plenty by you guys and sometimes for good reason, but I think you guys take it too far as well.

Quote:
You are now expanding the context of my statement. Please refer to my original statement.
Off to lunch. Gumbo!
Fine, be that way today.

Edit: What tolerance for what "statements?"

Last edited by minn19; 01-14-2019 at 01:48 PM.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2019, 01:35 PM   #34
1 AKY
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I always simply remind anti-Zionist that they are on the same side of the people who tried to exterminate the Jewish population during WWII.

And I refer you to my earlier statement..

Quote:
(Whilst in total condemnation of the atrocities of the holocaust....
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2019, 01:52 PM   #35
Real Dodger
Field Marshal of the Cosmos
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i DCT

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Errr......creation of Israel?
The Land of Israel (also known as the Holy Land or Palestine) is the birthplace of the Jewish people, the place where the Hebrew Bible was composed and the birthplace of Judaism and Christianity. It contains sites sacred to Judaism, Christianity, Islam, Samaritanism, Druze and the Bahá'í Faith.

The region has come under the sway of various empires and been home to a variety of ethnicities, but was predominantly Jewish from roughly 1,000 years before the Common Era (BCE) until the 3rd century of the Common Era (CE).[1] The adoption of Christianity by the Roman Empire in the 4th century led to a Greco-Roman Christian majority which lasted until the 7th century when the area was conquered by the Arab Muslim Empires. It gradually became predominantly Muslim until the Crusades between 1096 and 1291, when it was the focal point of conflict between Christianity and Islam. From the 13th century it was mainly Muslim with Arabic as the dominant language and was first part of the Syrian province of the Mamluk Sultanate and then part of the Ottoman Empire until the British conquest in 1917.

A Jewish national movement, Zionism, emerged in the late-19th century (partially in response to growing anti-Semitism), as part of which Aliyah (Jewish immigration) increased. During World War I, the British government publicly committed to create a Jewish National Home and was granted a Mandate to rule Palestine by the League of Nations for this purpose. A rival Arab nationalism also claimed rights over the former Ottoman territories and sought to prevent Jewish migration into Palestine, leading to growing Arab–Jewish tensions. Israeli independence in 1948 was accompanied by an exodus of Arabs from Israel, the Arab–Israeli conflict[2] and a subsequent Jewish exodus from Arab and Muslim countries and Europe to Israel. About 43% of the world's Jews live in Israel today, the largest Jewish community in the world.[3]

Wikipedia. Seems accurate.

01-14-2019, 01:54 PM   #36
minn19
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by usshelena725 View Post
You would do well, sir, to review the OP's previous posts in this forum and others. You may find that I was quite warranted in my statements and I stand by them in that this forum along with life in general has no place for bigots or racists.

I have had polite discussions at length in the past with the OP and he has expressed extensive views on approving of the annihilation of the Jewish population and his support for Hamas as well as other terrorist organizations.

Do your due diligence before coming down on me, lest you find yourself on the wrong side of this argument.
Like I said, I have known him from my days at the 'Fest etc.

What in this OP warranted what you said and do you have anything regarding the topic?

If you seriously think what you think than take your case to the mods and they will ban him if true.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2019, 01:56 PM   #37
Real Dodger
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
stylinexpat has pulled a "trump" on us. Dividing us.
I'll give him this.....he's consistent.
      01-14-2019, 02:14 PM   #38
dsad1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: car

Quote:
So, I didn't see him posting pro Hamas articles etc.

And plenty of Jewish folks feel the same way about Muslims etc.
I am not really sure what I am responding too, since this thread has gotten sidetracked, but here are my thoughts either way.

There is a difference between some random people on both sides saying stuff like this, and a government entity saying it.

Israel has offered peace a few times, and the response from the Palestinian side has been all or nothing.

The Israeli's have done their fair share of bad things, and I sympathize with the Palestinian civilians that have to suffer through this. But Israel isn't the one currently dragging the situation on.

If the Kurds were offered a quarter of what the Palestinians have been offered they would sprint to sign the dotted line.
Appreciate 3
minn194516.50
xander_g590.50

01-14-2019, 02:15 PM   #39
minn19
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsaad1 View Post
I am not really sure what I am responding too, since this thread has gotten sidetracked, but here are my thoughts either way.

There is a difference between some random people on both sides saying stuff like this, and a government entity saying it.

Israel has offered peace a few times, and the response from the Palestinian side has been all or nothing.

The Israeli's have done their fair share of bad things, and I sympathize with the Palestinian civilians that have to suffer through this. But Israel isn't the one currently dragging the situation on.

If the Kurds were offered a quarter of what the Palestinians have been offered they would sprint to sign the dotted line.
Mostly agreed.
Appreciate 3
dsad1578.00
MKSixer9941.50

01-14-2019, 02:22 PM   #40
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Quote:
What in this OP warranted what you said and do you have anything regarding the topic?
Looks like Mods cleaned up the bulk of the really bad posts, but I did manage to find these - even these sanitized ones should give you reason to question his validity in anything he posts. You should have seen the original ones:

Here is his post with a link explaining why it is okay for Muslims to initiate terrorist attacks in Europe:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stylinexpat View Post
Here is an interesting article about the war against ISIS in the Middle East
https://newmatilda.com/2015/11/15/th...paris-attacks/
Then we have these:

Quote:
No country that uses military laws to murder people and illegally occupies a country under Apartheid rule is a real and True Democracy. What are you smoking these days..?
Quote:
Dumb Zionist immigrant settlers think they can go there and bulldoze their house and build a new settlement there and then pull a fairy tale book and tell them that this was my promised land hundreds or thousands of years ago ?
Quote:
Israel only financed terrorism. They are the cowards that drop missiles and bombs on unarmed Palestinian women and children from fighter jets and tanks in the name of self defense, the Zionists call this self defense. Palestinians have done nothing wrong.
Quote:
Not sure about that part.. Just look at how many innocent Palestinians were killed by the Terrorist Zionists in Israel and how many Terrorist Israelis were killed by the legitimate party of Hamas Or Palestinians..?
Quote:
The Zionists lead in ethnic cleansing!
Quote:
Quote:
No they don't, lol, what the heck is wrong with you?

Per Hamas directly:

"Hamas will not change a single word in its covenant which is calling for the destruction of Israel and the death of all Jews, so that not one will remain to walk upon the earth."
I fully support Hamas, they just want a two part state.
Quote:
I will tell you that Hamas and the Palestinians have the right resist illegal occupation by using violent measures.
Quote:
One could say or view Hamas today as what Irgun was for the Zionists before. The Zionists are the real terrorists, not Hamas. Hamas today supports a 2 state solution (don’t look at the other BS News online). What they don’t support is Apartheid rule over their state.
dsad1578.00

01-14-2019, 02:25 PM   #41
MKSixer
Major General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
There is a pack of you that thinks you run this subforum. I actually very rarely say anything about this type of thing until it gets over the top like this.

If somebody was as aggressive to you as usshelena725 was towards the OP/and were being ganged up by a ton of members here, I would say something. I believe I have stood up for you in the past when I thought somebody misconstrued what you said. After hundreds/thousands of posts it is hard to remember.

Sum gets piled on plenty by you guys and sometimes for good reason, but I think you guys take it too far as well.

Fine, be that way today.

Edit: What tolerance for what "statements?"
I actually ignore him as much as possible. He came after me directly in conversations I had with others. No one jumped in to defend me in a tirade against me by him in which he inserted himself. I don't need defending...I just want to point it out.

The gumbo was good! Let me know if you want some and I'll send you some from this place that makes the BEST GUMBO. You know it, I know it, everybody knows it.

Appreciate 2
minn194516.50
Run Silent6102.00

01-14-2019, 02:27 PM   #42
Real Dodger
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
I actually ignore him as much as possible. He came after me directly in conversations I had with others. No one jumped in to defend me in a tirade against me by him in which he inserted himself. I don't need defending...I just want to point it out.

The gumbo was good! Let me know if you want some and I'll send you some from this place that makes the BEST GUMBO. You know it, I know it, everybody knows it.
The best gumbo I've ever had was Fish City Grill, Dallas.
Even better than anyplace in NOLA I've tried.

01-14-2019, 02:28 PM   #43
MKSixer
Major General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Looks like Mods cleaned up the bulk of the really bad posts, but I did manage to find these - even these sanitized ones should give you reason to question his validity in anything he posts. You should have seen the original ones:

Here is his post with a link explaining why it is okay for Muslims to initiate terrorist attacks in Europe:

Then we have these:
I didn't quote the Hamas charter by accident...

Appreciate 1
Run Silent6102.00

01-14-2019, 02:29 PM   #44
MKSixer
Major General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Dodger View Post
The best gumbo I've ever had was Fish City Grill, Dallas.
Even better than anyplace in NOLA I've tried.

Appreciate 0