BMW i
Forum for the BMW i3, i4 and i8
BMW i3 BMW i8
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

BMW i Forums > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

01-16-2019, 09:00 AM   #89
Delta0311
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi

Lmao Elgintensityís take on this.

You can detect right away those that are going to be shaky, and that will fall behind and those that are very hungry, and that hunger you will have to develop. You gotta create a goal for yourself whatever that may be, a short term goal and a long term goal and you gotta go after that. And if you donít see it, and if you donít believe it, who else will?
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Appreciate 1
Sassicaia3135.50

01-16-2019, 09:18 AM   #90
Sassicaia
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: SMB F80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastF30 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassicaia View Post
Traditional marriage is a joke and one of life's biggest lies. It's not a left vs right issue. Marriage is one sided and men have little to gain from it.
Jokes on you.... I had a shot-gun wedding when 22.. divorced and said never again... dated many many girls... had many serious girlfriends.... @ 39 Meet a girl that stayed with me thru hard times... took a chance and married her...Now we live very very comfortably... Only thing I can say is I sure am glad I'm married... I see all my single buddies and couldn't imagine being single in this F-up society it is today.... ... It's been 14 years...

Honestly I think it's because we were older (33/39)... it's even been proven in the latest stats that divorce is less common as it was due too people are marrying at an older age these days...
Exceptions to the rule only prove the rule is true. I'm not saying it can't work, or there arnt woman out there worth marrying. I'm saying as a general rule it's a lie and there isn't anything in it for men they wouldn't get if they weren't married. Commitment, love, relationship etc are all things you can without signing a contract that promises half and a loooong way out.

I'm glad for you. I'm married to and happy. That said that doesn't change my overall view of why it's it's not worth it today. I also blame feminism (the angry kind) that has made a woman's role in a marriage as evil as part of the break down. Another idea for a thread!?
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2019, 09:58 AM   #91
Jockey
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 SS/SS M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino_z View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jockey View Post
Quote:
strange how the left are keen to victimize (white) men, but don't want to actually talk about the biggest reason boys grow up to be assholes - that is, the abandonment of traditional mother and father family roles

the left have been systematically destroying the family for the last 3 decades, and now shocked at the results. we now have the data to show kids who grow up in broken homes have a higher rate of crime and violence

but fk it, the more the left, celebs, big corps lecture to the silent majority, the more people will revolt and vote for trump again in 2020

i agree this is the new trend, but radical feminists/left need to tread carefully in calling all men rapists and alienating a whole generation of males. we are now entering the age of robotics, including robots that provide solutions to comfort and sexual needs, and we are already seeing this in Japan. Women may end up going too far and their value among men severely diminished
Sorry, but this is all bullshit

The left had been destroying traditional marriage? Fuck off

Traditional marriage has been killing traditional marriage.

Assholes existed loooooong before what you are insinuating. Ironically enough, you can look back at the 50s as a staple of misogyny. Back when America was #MAGA. The nuclear family. It was all bullshit then.
I purposefully said traditional family (did not mention marriage at all), this implies traditional father and mother roles in raising a kid - you've gone on your own tangent to conflate this with traditional marriage and then gone and got yourself all upset

Yes it helps to be married to fall into those traditional family roles, but a kid can still have a valuable father relationship without being married
Well hate to tell you, loving parents does not equal a father and a mother. Two mothers or two fathers can love and a nurture a child just as much. Or a working mother and stay at home dad. Or any combination there of.

A traditional family does not equal stability and support. I've seen enough dysfunctional "traditional" families.
Appreciate 1
      01-16-2019, 10:08 AM   #92
Delta0311
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Well hate to tell you, loving parents does not equal a father and a mother. Two mothers or two fathers can love and a nurture a child just as much. Or a working mother and stay at home dad. Or any combination there of.

A traditional family does not equal stability and support. I've seen enough dysfunctional "traditional" families.
Two loving fathers, damn wouldn't that be a double dosage to toxic masculinity though?

What about two trannies, two gender fluids, or two non-binaries?
You can detect right away those that are going to be shaky, and that will fall behind and those that are very hungry, and that hunger you will have to develop. You gotta create a goal for yourself whatever that may be, a short term goal and a long term goal and you gotta go after that. And if you donít see it, and if you donít believe it, who else will?
Arnold Schwarzenegger

Last edited by Delta0311; 01-16-2019 at 10:20 AM..
Appreciate 1
domino_z930.50

01-16-2019, 10:11 AM   #93
Sassicaia
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:

Would you agree or disagree that a woman can replace a man as a father figure ?
Appreciate 2
Delta03117032.00
MKSixer14018.00

01-16-2019, 10:12 AM   #94
tennisfreak
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M240i

This country is turning into a sh!t show of epic proportions.

SJW bullspit is ruining everything.
Appreciate 2
Delta03117032.00
MKSixer14018.00

01-16-2019, 10:13 AM   #95
Delta0311
Major General
Rep

Quote:
You can't assume genders just like that. Is this a male tranny that became a woman you are talking about or a natural born vagina?
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2019, 10:32 AM   #96
Delta0311
Major General
Rep

Now I'm waiting for the Tempax commercial telling young girls not to be materialistic cunts.
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Appreciate 4
Sassicaia3135.50
Run Silent11088.00
Now_Rudi5733.00
3798j349.00

01-16-2019, 10:39 AM   #97
1MOREMOD
2018 track days - 0 ridge 1:52:24 pacific 1:33:30
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

That would be great
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2019, 10:43 AM   #98
hooligan_COLD
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
Rep
Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
Not sure you can compare the two ad campaigns really. The Nike/Kapernick deal was all about standing up for what you think is right (no matter how delusional it might be), so in a round about way it had a good message. I even posted in that thread here on this forum that the Nike stock would rebound quickly which it did.

This Gillette nonsense is more like EA/DICE with BFV for instance, interjecting this politically correct mindless drivel where it's not needed. EA/DICE paid a heavy price for their actions in sales of the game/stock price, so it will be interesting to see what happens here with Gillette.

If anything, it's given me an excuse to stop overpaying for razors and try something new like Harry's.
Harry's razors suck, IMO. Tried them once about 5 mos ago. Immediately went back - I believe I use Schick razors, however.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2019, 10:44 AM   #99
Sassicaia
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
Now I'm waiting for the Tempax commercial telling young girls not to be materialistic cunts.
How about something to shun idolizing the "do nothing and expect everything" Kim Kardashion idolizing mentality.

Woman bully and shit talk other woman WAY more than men do. In school, the workplace or socially. Not very accpetible to say but they hold each other back and put each other down a hell of a lot more then men do in a general sense.

For me this is 50% of the reason I dont like what Gillette did.

1.) It assumes most men and masculinity are/is toxic and there is a widespread issue.

2.) The reverse add showing woman as the target would never ever happen which shows an enormous problem of today. Feminism is not about equality because if it was you would hear feminists speaking up about this add. Its about beating men down.

this is one of the reasons I hate Trudeau so much - he probably loves this add.
Appreciate 1
Delta03117032.00

01-16-2019, 10:49 AM   #100
Jockey
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 SS/SS M3

Quote:
Quote:

I've met some manly women.

And some girly men.

So yes, I think in some situations, it can be just fine.

My good friends from college, she's a naval officer and he's a stay at home dad. That's not traditional. Not some liberal wet dream.

Trying to paint people into a corner is kinda dumb.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2019, 10:52 AM   #101
Delta0311
Major General
Rep

Quote:

1. I've met some manly women.

2 And some girly men.

3 My good friends from college, she's a naval officer and he's a stay at home dad. That's not traditional. Not some liberal wet dream.

1. Not the norm although that is slowly changing
2. yup pretty much the norm these days
3. not the norm
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2019, 10:58 AM   #102
Teufel_Hunden
Teufel Hunden
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 6MT LMB ZCP

Toxic masculinity? I don't even believe the premise that there is such a thing. Something made up in order to shame men and control how men behave.

Being an asshole, yes that is real and normally just that one guy who actually behaves as shown in the ad. It's not systemic in our culture and the ad is an exaggeration of this behavior.

01-16-2019, 11:02 AM   #103
1MOREMOD
2018 track days - 0 ridge 1:52:24 pacific 1:33:30
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

We are a dying breed. Makes us even more masculine .
Appreciate 2
Delta03117032.00
MKSixer14018.00

01-16-2019, 11:11 AM   #104
Delta0311
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufel_Hunden View Post
Toxic masculinity? I don't even believe the premise that there is such a thing. Something made up in order to shame men and control how men behave.

Being an asshole, yes that is real and normally just that one guy who actually behaves as shown in the ad. It's not systemic in our culture and the ad is an exaggeration of this behavior.
This video is pure comedy. Apparently even trying to talk a girl is tantamount to rape these days. I take it their advertising dept if full of cucks and angry feminists.
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Appreciate 2
      01-16-2019, 11:43 AM   #105
Sassicaia
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I've met some manly women.

And some girly men.

My good friends from college, she's a naval officer and he's a stay at home dad. That's not traditional. Not some liberal wet dream.

A manly woman is not a man. She does not have the experience of living life as a man and therefor can not mentor a boy to become a man.

Men face unique challenges from being a woman, and only a man would understand. The same is true for a woman.
Appreciate 3
Delta03117032.00
MKSixer14018.00
lakefront176.50

01-16-2019, 11:45 AM   #106
yousefnjr
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Ď06 Z4MR, Ď19 i3S

Quote:

i agree this is the new trend, but radical feminists/left need to tread carefully in calling all men rapists and alienating a whole generation of males. we are now entering the age of robotics, including robots that provide solutions to comfort and sexual needs, and we are already seeing this in Japan. Women may end up going too far and their value among men severely diminished
Huh? Enjoy screwing that bag of bolts, friendo, real poon isnít going anywhere no matter what happens. Believe it or not, some men actually love women, crazy I know
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2019, 12:09 PM   #107
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i Arctic

Briefly heard on local news that Gillette felt they MUST take a stand (as a COMPANY) against improper actions. Really? Think global, act local. If you are a male employee, set a good example. No need to lecture via your product.
Appreciate 2
Run Silent11088.00
MKSixer14018.00

01-16-2019, 12:35 PM   #108
Sassicaia
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Briefly heard on local news that Gillette felt they MUST take a stand (as a COMPANY) against improper actions. Really? Think global, act local. If you are a male employee, set a good example. No need to lecture via your product.
Lol. Over priced razor brand MUST take a stand?

Only one question for them. What must they take a stand against woman for?

Crickets

Last edited by Sassicaia; 01-16-2019 at 01:00 PM..
Appreciate 1
Delta03117032.00

01-16-2019, 12:37 PM   #109
Teufel_Hunden
Teufel Hunden
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 6MT LMB ZCP

Attached Images

Sassicaia3135.50
NickyC4935.50

01-16-2019, 12:46 PM   #110
Delta0311
Major General
Rep

Maybe the best a man can get is a father to teach him traditional masculinity instead of this SJW BS.
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Appreciate 5
MKSixer14018.00
Sassicaia3135.50
NickyC4935.50
arkie6300.50