BMW i
Forum for the BMW i3, i4 and i8
BMW i3 BMW i8
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

  BMW i Forums > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-29-2018, 07:23 PM   #221
Germanauto
Colonel
Germanauto's Avatar
United_States
2506
Rep
2,447
Posts

Drives: BMW, Lexus
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: NW and Midwest

iTrader: (0)

Anybody who has done an ounce of research and doesn't have an agenda knows that marijuana is not "good for your health." There is evidence of some benefits for specific types of patients but overall there is no data of its long-term consequences on human beings.

In mice there is evidence of deleterious health effects including on offspring. And traffic crashes have increased as a result of legalization.

Just speaking based on my medical background but there are good reasons supporting legalization...but this false notion that it is "healthy" is false and dangerous. At the end of the day [like caffeine, alcohol, etc.] it is a drug that alters one's mind and should not be actively encouraged.
Appreciate 2
Harpinc44.00
BdSM n54iS1378.00

      11-29-2018, 07:50 PM   #222
1MOREMOD
2018 track days - 0 ridge 1:52:24 pacific 1:33:30
1MOREMOD's Avatar
United_States
7222
Rep
20,630
Posts

Drives: Race car->
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: check your mirrors

iTrader: (5)

But its green
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2018, 08:25 PM   #223
sspade
Colonel
sspade's Avatar
United_States
876
Rep
2,936
Posts

Drives: F30 328i
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Placerville, CA

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2014 BMW 328i  [5.00]
I definitely rely on THC/CBD oil cartridges throughout the week. Ultra discreet and effective. 1ML cartridge is $73 and lasts me usually two weeks.

My oh my... how times have changed from just a few years ago when you had to meet some shady dude to score some stank ass dope and risk getting yourself busted. Now its completely legal and virtually no smell during use and absolutely no smell after use. Definitely eases the mind!
__________________
BMW 328i visit my garage for build details.
Appreciate 1
      11-29-2018, 09:19 PM   #224
jimbobiggens
Private First Class
jimbobiggens's Avatar
United_States
165
Rep
144
Posts

Drives: 2013 335i xDrive
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: jackson tn

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
My mom is 83. Lupus, diverticulitis, fibermyalgia, bad heart, you name it. She could barely get out of bed. Doctor after doctor, hospital after hospital. About a year ago she tried the CBD oil. Now she is cooking again and cleaning house and even (yikes!) talking about driving.
__________________
I'm not completely useless, I can be used as a bad example.
Appreciate 2
      11-30-2018, 01:52 AM   #225
Germanauto
Colonel
Germanauto's Avatar
United_States
2506
Rep
2,447
Posts

Drives: BMW, Lexus
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: NW and Midwest

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbobiggens View Post
My mom is 83. Lupus, diverticulitis, fibermyalgia, bad heart, you name it. She could barely get out of bed. Doctor after doctor, hospital after hospital. About a year ago she tried the CBD oil. Now she is cooking again and cleaning house and even (yikes!) talking about driving.
Doctors aren't stupid. Lupus symptoms often to into remission and Diverticulitis is just an inflammation of little "pockets" of the colon often triggered by low-fiber diets. Fibromyalgia has no known pathophysiology and is really just a psychogenic condition.

I'm happy your mother is feeling better, but there are legit explanations for why her medical conditions aren't bothering her at the moment. CBD of course has been shown to help with pain/inflammation, but beyond that there's no evidence. It's not gonna do shit for one's heart. Cardiac conditions are overwhelmingly structural or rhythmic in nature.

Last edited by Germanauto; 11-30-2018 at 01:59 AM.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2018, 07:40 AM   #226
jimbobiggens
Private First Class
jimbobiggens's Avatar
United_States
165
Rep
144
Posts

Drives: 2013 335i xDrive
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: jackson tn

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
I did not mean to imply doctors are dumb. CBD oil is not one of the tools mainstream doctors are allowed to use. As far as it all being in her head, that's one of those things that is hard to prove or disprove. All I'm stating is until she tried CBD oil she was having a hard time in everyday life. Honestly, I couldn't care less if it is snake oil - the first time I saw her bounce down the front porch stairs like a sixteen-year-old (83 years old and didn't even touch the handrail!!) I was flabbergasted - and convinced.
__________________
I'm not completely useless, I can be used as a bad example.
Appreciate 2
      11-30-2018, 08:16 AM   #227
GoneIn4Secs
Captain
Canada
396
Rep
729
Posts

Drives: '18 M2
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: gta Canada

iTrader: (0)

All your physical ailments are because of a lifetime of meat and animal products diet,

no amount of wishing and 'scienctific' proof is gonna change that
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2018, 02:29 PM   #228
Germanauto
Colonel
Germanauto's Avatar
United_States
2506
Rep
2,447
Posts

Drives: BMW, Lexus
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: NW and Midwest

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbobiggens View Post
I did not mean to imply doctors are dumb. CBD oil is not one of the tools mainstream doctors are allowed to use. As far as it all being in her head, that's one of those things that is hard to prove or disprove. All I'm stating is until she tried CBD oil she was having a hard time in everyday life. Honestly, I couldn't care less if it is snake oil - the first time I saw her bounce down the front porch stairs like a sixteen-year-old (83 years old and didn't even touch the handrail!!) I was flabbergasted - and convinced.
Not saying it's snake oil b/c there is scientific evidence it helps certain patients. I was just implying the turn in events could be coincidental. I'm happy for you, your mother, and your family.
Appreciate 1
      11-30-2018, 03:03 PM   #229
SFCM3
Major
United_States
708
Rep
1,148
Posts

Drives: 2011.75 E90 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (3)

For those that say CBD is a mental placebo, how about this.... I gave some cbd oil to my parents to give to the family dog that is now 15yo. The dog suffered from a bad hip and some other rear leg ailments, and wouldnt walk or eat, would just lay akwardly(bc of the rear legs). Within an hour of giving the dog CBD oil, she was up and walking around and was asking to be fed(sitting at her bowl). Ever since they have been giving micro doses to the dog and she is doing damn good for a 15yo dog. Explain that one.
__________________
I am never able to post pictures on forums, all my pics are on IG @baye30 https://www.instagram.com/baye30/
Current Garage - [2011 E90 M3 ZCP] [2005 E53 X5 3.0 Sport] [1988 E30 325IS 24V]
Appreciate 2
      11-30-2018, 04:09 PM   #230
Darth One
drunk poster
Darth One's Avatar
United_States
1717
Rep
2,139
Posts

Drives: M4 GTS | E46 M3
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: FL

iTrader: (0)

i mean of course she got the munchies after you gave it to her
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2018, 08:40 PM   #231
adc100
Lieutenant
255
Rep
423
Posts

Drives: 2018 Forester XT
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Elizabethtown PA

iTrader: (0)

Cannabis cream us a miracle. I have an ache in the back of my neck maybe 10% of the time. My daughter who lives in WV does a lot of running and uses it. Next trip down to WV, some will be coming home with me. It lasts all day.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2018, 09:11 AM   #232
1MOREMOD
2018 track days - 0 ridge 1:52:24 pacific 1:33:30
1MOREMOD's Avatar
United_States
7222
Rep
20,630
Posts

Drives: Race car->
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: check your mirrors

iTrader: (5)

So what in it makes it have those properties and still not a drug? Aspirin is a drug you are confusing usefulness with the word drug as a negative stigma.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2018, 10:29 AM   #233
AWF10M5
Lieutenant
103
Rep
476
Posts

Drives: f10 m5
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Bikini bottom

iTrader: (1)

Any other heavy smokers on here? You guys experience "Cannabinoid Hyperemesis Syndrome". CHS its short for.

Basically when you smoke everyday for years your body eventually starts rejecting the THC and you vomit like crazy once you try to stop/slow down the smoking. I have been smoking since I was a pre teen 10 years now and been trying to cut off/wee off the last few weeks but the CHS is terrible. I will be throwing up for hours with no relief and its worse when you have no food in you and you're throwing up bile and just dry heaving, sweating like crazy. It is worse than any stomach poisoning/bug. Feels like you are about to die.

I would also disagree with marijuana being good for your health. It is good for your mental health maybe because it helps you move on and forget and ignore certain things but overall for your health it is definitely not good. And this is from someone whose been smoking everyday for years.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2018, 10:37 AM   #234
JP10
Private First Class
JP10's Avatar
110
Rep
182
Posts

Drives: M3
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Philadelphia, PA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWF10M5 View Post
Any other heavy smokers on here? You guys experience "Cannabinoid Hyperemesis Syndrome". CHS its short for.

Basically when you smoke everyday for years your body eventually starts rejecting the THC and you vomit like crazy once you try to stop/slow down the smoking. I have been smoking since I was a pre teen 10 years now and been trying to cut off/wee off the last few weeks but the CHS is terrible. I will be throwing up for hours with no relief and its worse when you have no food in you and you're throwing up bile and just dry heaving, sweating like crazy. It is worse than any stomach poisoning/bug. Feels like you are about to die.

I would also disagree with marijuana being good for your health. It is good for your mental health maybe because it helps you move on and forget and ignore certain things but overall for your health it is definitely not good. And this is from someone whose been smoking everyday for years.
Sounds like withdrawal, you sure your pot hasn't been laced with a little extra all these years?? lol
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2018, 02:18 PM   #235
PKL
Colonel
PKL's Avatar
220
Rep
2,763
Posts

Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Santa Monica

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWF10M5 View Post
Any other heavy smokers on here? You guys experience "Cannabinoid Hyperemesis Syndrome". CHS its short for.

Basically when you smoke everyday for years your body eventually starts rejecting the THC and you vomit like crazy once you try to stop/slow down the smoking. I have been smoking since I was a pre teen 10 years now and been trying to cut off/wee off the last few weeks but the CHS is terrible. I will be throwing up for hours with no relief and its worse when you have no food in you and you're throwing up bile and just dry heaving, sweating like crazy. It is worse than any stomach poisoning/bug. Feels like you are about to die.

I would also disagree with marijuana being good for your health. It is good for your mental health maybe because it helps you move on and forget and ignore certain things but overall for your health it is definitely not good. And this is from someone whose been smoking everyday for years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
Sounds like withdrawal, you sure your pot hasn't been laced with a little extra all these years?? lol
I am pretty sure it is scientifically proven that the "withdrawal" symptoms from marijuana are psychological and NOT physical.

As someone who has been using almost daily for about 15 years (with some breaks for studying for major tests, etc.) I have NEVER experienced or really even heard of vomiting from marijuana withdrawal. What else is going on in your health/life?
__________________
2011.75 E92 M3 ZCP
Appreciate 1
      12-18-2018, 02:30 PM   #236
JP10
Private First Class
JP10's Avatar
110
Rep
182
Posts

Drives: M3
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Philadelphia, PA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKL View Post
I am pretty sure it is scientifically proven that the "withdrawal" symptoms from marijuana are psychological and NOT physical.

As someone who has been using almost daily for about 15 years (with some breaks for studying for major tests, etc.) I have NEVER experienced or really even heard of vomiting from marijuana withdrawal. What else is going on in your health/life?
Wasn't trying to insinuate that you can go through withdrawal from marijuana, thats why the second part of the sentence was there. More of a sarcastic observation haha

But I agree I have never heard of someone with this nor experienced this myself.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:13 PM.




bmw
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST