04-21-2022, 11:47 AM   #1
TechCTU
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X5 M60i

Which Charging Station App?

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
For those of you that are ordering or have EV's, what's the best app to use on your phone to find charging stations?

I have to use the ChargePoint app for my home charger.

Need to add Electrify America for the free 2 years of free service.

I see so many like plug share, chargehub, etc..

Anyone find the best one or do you need multiple and accounts on all?
Appreciate 1
ggergg74.50
      04-21-2022, 01:10 PM   #2
Paladin1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 iX xDrive50, DGM

Garage List
Might want to take a look at A Better Route Planner (ABRP)....

https://abetterrouteplanner.com/
Appreciate 3
TechCTU755.50
ggalanis2360.00
      04-22-2022, 07:24 AM   #3
grueber
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW iX50 2023

I've looked at the Chargepoint and Plugshare app. Chargepoint seems to have more users with frequent updates if a charger is out. Annoying they don't list the IX as a choice for your EV. It's the only one I've registered a payment option for.

I'll DL the Electrify America app once I get the IX.
Appreciate 2
TechCTU755.50
Paladin15457.50
      04-22-2022, 08:41 AM   #4
Bird~Dawg
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 2018 X5 40e

Does anyone know if the Apple Maps EV Routing feature works with the iX? I've seen that it's available in the Mach E and Ford and BMW were Apple's partners in the development so it would make sense that it would come to the iX. It allows Apple Maps to communicate with the car to get actual state of charge, range and other data and integrate it into the route guidance.
Appreciate 1
TechCTU755.50
      04-22-2022, 09:41 AM   #5
TheIX
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bmw X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bird~Dawg View Post
Does anyone know if the Apple Maps EV Routing feature works with the iX? I've seen that it's available in the Mach E and Ford and BMW were Apple's partners in the development so it would make sense that it would come to the iX. It allows Apple Maps to communicate with the car to get actual state of charge, range and other data and integrate it into the route guidance.
Based on my experience I don't think it's available yet. I've tried following the Apple instructions and no joy.
Appreciate 1
TechCTU755.50
      04-22-2022, 11:05 AM   #6
Paladin1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 iX xDrive50, DGM

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by grueber View Post
I've looked at the Chargepoint and Plugshare app. Chargepoint seems to have more users with frequent updates if a charger is out. Annoying they don't list the IX as a choice for your EV. It's the only one I've registered a payment option for.

I'll DL the Electrify America app once I get the IX.
Roger on the non-iX choices for ChargePoint app, but I'm a Beta tester and have provided feedback.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2022, 11:35 AM   #7
Bird~Dawg
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 2018 X5 40e

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIX View Post
Quote:
Based on my experience I don't think it's available yet. I've tried following the Apple instructions and no joy.
I found a press release from 2020 that highlighted both the Apple digital key and the Apple Maps EV integration as coming to future BMW models so it could still be in the works.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2022, 11:44 AM   #8
TheIX
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bmw X5

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIX View Post
Quote:
I found a press release from 2020 that highlighted both the Apple digital key and the Apple Maps EV integration as coming to future BMW models so it could still be in the works.
I saw that as well and was hopeful. Tried following the instructions provided at https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guid...hc5e3a4b4b/ios
Appreciate 0