BMW i8 Forums BMW i8 General Discussion

04-15-2016, 05:38 AM   #1
Hitz101
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: i8 + Lamborghini Huracan LP610

i8 App Always Giving FALSE info?!

Anyone else having this issue?

My app CONSTANTLY tells me it needs servicing. Took it to the dealer they said it's 100% fine nothing needed yet at all for a while.

Now it's telling me a huge alert saying drivetrain needs to be checked & to take it to the dealer but the car itself says no such errors or any errors at all. In the menu it says all systems are OK & no services or checks needed.

WTF is wrong with this app man lol. It's always said service needed & such as well since day 1. The new drivetrain alert just started though.

I know it's connected to my car & not someone else's on accident because the light flash & everything / pre conditioning all work just fine.

2015 Lamborghini Huracan Verde Mantis "Kryptonite"
#GrindOrDie
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2016, 09:10 AM   #2
YWGT3
iDriver
United_States
Rep
Drives: i8, Porsche Taycan T, MB EQE

Haven't experienced the same fault within the app. However, during the initial few months of ownership, the dealer's service department kept receiving minor fault signals from the vehicle. Took the car in for reprogramming and the false signals ceased thereafter.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2016, 01:16 AM   #3
Aye-eight
Major
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitz101 View Post
Anyone else having this issue?

My app CONSTANTLY tells me it needs servicing. Took it to the dealer they said it's 100% fine nothing needed yet at all for a while.

Now it's telling me a huge alert saying drivetrain needs to be checked & to take it to the dealer but the car itself says no such errors or any errors at all. In the menu it says all systems are OK & no services or checks needed.

WTF is wrong with this app man lol. It's always said service needed & such as well since day 1. The new drivetrain alert just started though.

I know it's connected to my car & not someone else's on accident because the light flash & everything / pre conditioning all work just fine.
My first thought would have been to check the VIN number. But as you say, it seems to be paired to the right car.

I don't think it's the app, then. I haven't experienced anything like this. Sounds to me like it might be an issue at the server level (data getting jumbled), in which case maybe you can deregister and then reregister with Connected Drive. Or it's an issue with the car sending bogus data. Which the dealership should be able to diagnose.

Can you connect a second device with the app to see what that does, like an iPad or an AppleWatch?
Appreciate 0