BMW i8 Forums BMW i8 General Discussion

01-02-2016, 05:20 AM   #23
kip1
Captain
Rep
Drives: X5M50d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thr View Post
Hello to all! You asked it, so I have to post these pics. Sorry for the quality, but they show what is the reality really here in Finland and Scandinavia. During winter not necessary cleaning the car, it will look like that in no time.

I will have to write another post about i8 in winter, but I'll just say that it copes well. I have had i8 since 2/15, and it's my DD. Another car is E70 X5M that we have had only for 1 month. And my wife drives that. I8 has no mods, but the X5M has full interior done, lowering etc. But not yet have any pics.

6GC was the most beautiful car ever, but had to sell it because it was too small for our family, and it was rwd, so no use. Amaro/white interior was to die for.

997 4S was the most potent winter car that I have had, really! Better than i8 and X5 actually. And we also had E61 M5 touring this year, the second time, but sold it to get the X5M.

Have to post more often...
Yes that is how my car also looks in Finland ☺. How was the 911 better than the i8 in winter? I find the wad in the i8 is much better than the 997 turbo I had, the rear biased awd nearly killed me a couple of times as the rear suddenly snapped loose. You can get the 997 to do a 180 with TC and SC on! I8 is more stable. The suspension in the i8 is more forgiving andI have not scraped the spoiler of the i8, but the 997tt flight ground constantly, so surprised for your 911 praise as I never felt it was very stable in winter. I actually lost one wheel on the 997 when I went down a steep slope and the back suddenly slid past the front and right into a curb despite opposite lock.

It was tested thoroughly ☺
https://youtu.be/s8QMOkrmEpw
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2016, 07:06 AM   #24
kip1
Captain
Rep
Drives: X5M50d

I have a theory. Could it be that last winter you had proper Nokian winter tyres in the 911 and with the i8 you got the blizzaks. Now you have Nokian tyres, but nOw there has been now snow, only ice and non studded tyres are not at their best. I am pretty sure that is the reason. The large weight of the engine in the back and rear biased awd should perform worse thsn the almost 50/50 weight distribution of tje i8. I attended the winter experience in Lapland last year and drove 991 tt and tts on the ice, with extra long studds they were wonderful. You get wonderful slides, but that in my opinion is not the definition of good winter behaviour. ☺
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2016, 06:22 PM   #25
geraldm2012650vert
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 I8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitz101 View Post
Nice!!

I have the LC on the way as well I figure they are different & still really nice. I went with the 105T i love the spiral look kind of like my stock wheels & in the gold brushed type of color that they do. 22"

Also pirelli p zero tires as usual & I already have the HR springs ready to install as well. I also have the body cool painted side markers already installed (i hate seeing that orange & red side marker on any of my cars I ever had).

Windows tinted already..Going to wrap the blue around the front & back badges gloss black & also in the summer i might wrap the whole car something crazy just for fun.
Hey Hitz101
Just curious, have you made these mods? pics? I'm interested to see how she looks.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2020, 04:07 PM   #26
dragonsdreams
Private
Rep
Drives: i8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitz101 View Post
Here Are Some New Images I Thought Some Might Like to See!!

Here soon it will be on a New Series of Vossen Wheels with Pirelli PZero tires & HR springs. Ill update some of those once done too!!

Share Yours As well i'd love to see yours. My Instagram Name is SuperStarO (incase you have one lol)
Lovely!
Love the first photo taken at an angle. I'll post some of mine (Protonic red)
when I collect next week 👍🙂
Appreciate 0