BMW i
Forum for the BMW i3, i4 and i8
BMW i3 BMW i8
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

  BMW i Forums > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-05-2020, 08:35 PM   #265
racerbruce
Colonel
racerbruce's Avatar
2541
Rep
2,192
Posts

Drives: 2007 Z4MR Imola Red
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (1)

Well said -

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Wow ! I'm curious to see the new Porsche from our friend
Well said MBelgium!!!! Let's hear from UKM5 regarding his new ride!!!!
__________________
Racerbruce
OZ Rims / Bilstein B6 Struts & Shocks / Eibach Pro-Kit Springs / ZHP Control Arms / RE Diablo Exhaust / RPi Air Intake / BMC Air Filter / CDV / RE Trans Mounts / 3M Paint Protection / TMS CF Grilles / TK CF Mirrors / Skyer CF Spoiler / CF Antenna / M Pedals & Dead Pedal / CoCo Floor Mats / WeissLicht LED Rear Turn Signal Lamps / #748 of 3,041
Appreciate 1
      06-06-2020, 03:20 AM   #266
M5theonlyone
Major General
M5theonlyone's Avatar
United Kingdom
8636
Rep
6,322
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 V8 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
[QUOTE=racerbruce;26274463]My UK M5 and MBelgium friends -
I did not know that UK M5 upgraded his Stuttgart ride to a new one!

I wish but I might tempt myself by having a look at one, of course it must be RED..!
Appreciate 1
      06-06-2020, 03:31 AM   #267
M5theonlyone
Major General
M5theonlyone's Avatar
United Kingdom
8636
Rep
6,322
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 V8 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
^^ Racerbruce,still waiting for a time spot to oil service my M,can only do it on the drive and blustery rainy weather is no help.
Appreciate 1
      06-06-2020, 07:39 AM   #268
racerbruce
Colonel
racerbruce's Avatar
2541
Rep
2,192
Posts

Drives: 2007 Z4MR Imola Red
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (1)

Oh no!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
^^ Racerbruce,still waiting for a time spot to oil service my M,can only do it on the drive and blustery rainy weather is no help.
Blustery weather + oil change =
__________________
Racerbruce
OZ Rims / Bilstein B6 Struts & Shocks / Eibach Pro-Kit Springs / ZHP Control Arms / RE Diablo Exhaust / RPi Air Intake / BMC Air Filter / CDV / RE Trans Mounts / 3M Paint Protection / TMS CF Grilles / TK CF Mirrors / Skyer CF Spoiler / CF Antenna / M Pedals & Dead Pedal / CoCo Floor Mats / WeissLicht LED Rear Turn Signal Lamps / #748 of 3,041
Appreciate 1
      06-06-2020, 08:29 AM   #269
M5theonlyone
Major General
M5theonlyone's Avatar
United Kingdom
8636
Rep
6,322
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 V8 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerbruce View Post
Blustery weather + oil change =
Monday looks good for it my friend, will be much warmer no wind or rain, it takes a while for oil to drain on these M's so no wind is important.
By the way ''ceramic'' polish coated the panels so ready whatever the weather throws at it
Appreciate 1
      06-06-2020, 09:19 AM   #270
M5theonlyone
Major General
M5theonlyone's Avatar
United Kingdom
8636
Rep
6,322
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 V8 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerbruce View Post
Blustery weather + oil change =
Going to be delayed a little bit more, I err on the side of caution and ordered a new SUMP PLUG as a precaution.
Appreciate 1
      06-06-2020, 10:50 AM   #271
racerbruce
Colonel
racerbruce's Avatar
2541
Rep
2,192
Posts

Drives: 2007 Z4MR Imola Red
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (1)

Wowie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
Going to be delayed a little bit more, I err on the side of caution and ordered a new SUMP PLUG as a precaution.
Is this a replacement oil pan drain plug you ordered?
__________________
Racerbruce
OZ Rims / Bilstein B6 Struts & Shocks / Eibach Pro-Kit Springs / ZHP Control Arms / RE Diablo Exhaust / RPi Air Intake / BMC Air Filter / CDV / RE Trans Mounts / 3M Paint Protection / TMS CF Grilles / TK CF Mirrors / Skyer CF Spoiler / CF Antenna / M Pedals & Dead Pedal / CoCo Floor Mats / WeissLicht LED Rear Turn Signal Lamps / #748 of 3,041
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2020, 11:03 AM   #272
M5theonlyone
Major General
M5theonlyone's Avatar
United Kingdom
8636
Rep
6,322
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 V8 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerbruce View Post
Is this a replacement oil pan drain plug you ordered?
It is indeed, just to be on the safe side.The old one on there being removed quite a few times may need replacement.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2020, 11:11 AM   #273
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
26060
Rep
14,752
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
^^ Racerbruce,still waiting for a time spot to oil service my M,can only do it on the drive and blustery rainy weather is no help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerbruce View Post
Blustery weather + oil change =
I couldn't agree more ..
But ! My friends :

Over here in Belgium we were warned to save our water ASAP !
In May we got zero rain while our groundwater level was approaching disaster levels !
The water supplier company said , we have to raise the price of water with 200 % if there is increased water consumption...
We got no winter and our grass was burned by the sun already in May !
Since the beginning of the weather and groundwater measurements from 1831 , this situation is unseen !

Last week we were 2 days without water , because no more water came out of the tap !
The water was shutted off by the drought ...And I had to wash myself after work with bottles of Evian water !

The sun is crazy ! #SaharaBelgium
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
      06-06-2020, 11:28 AM   #274
M5theonlyone
Major General
M5theonlyone's Avatar
United Kingdom
8636
Rep
6,322
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 V8 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
I couldn't agree more ..
But ! My friends :

Over here in Belgium we were warned to save our water ASAP !
In May we got zero rain while our groundwater level was approaching disaster levels !
The water supplier company said , we have to raise the price of water with 200 % if there is increased water consumption...
We got no winter and our grass was burned by the sun already in May !
Since the beginning of the weather and groundwater measurements from 1831 , this situation is unseen !

Last week we were 2 days without water , because no more water came out of the tap !
The water was shutted off by the drought ...And I had to wash myself after work with bottles of Evian water !

The sun is crazy ! #SaharaBelgium
As I write it has just stopped raining here though nothing heavy and it's strange but no downpours past two days just sprinklings my friend.
Sorry to hear you have water shortage there in your area and hope that your water levels will be replenished quickly with some much needed rain..just thinking of the Ardennes area where it should rain regularly...
Appreciate 1
      06-06-2020, 12:13 PM   #275
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
26060
Rep
14,752
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
As I write it has just stopped raining here though nothing heavy and it's strange but no downpours past two days just sprinklings my friend.
Sorry to hear you have water shortage there in your area and hope that your water levels will be replenished quickly with some much needed rain..just thinking of the Ardennes area where it should rain regularly...
Same weather in the Belgian Ardennes (no rain) but 2-3 degrees cooler like usual by the height and the forests .
The water levels in the Ardennes rivers are also too low by the drought ...

More info here => https://www.vrt.be/vrtnws/en/2020/05...evels-are-low/
According the latest :
Large parts of Belgium have not seen any decent rain since mid-March, except for a few days two weeks ago. Ground water levels are going down, and the situation is becoming difficult at an early stage, compared to the previous years when we had dry summers. Last year, the first restrictions had to be imposed in July, this time it is two months earlier.

Picture from Aquafin (2020) this "was" a river in Belgium"
Attached Images
 
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
      06-06-2020, 12:24 PM   #276
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
26060
Rep
14,752
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

To repait in "2020" !

"Exactly four weeks until we are back on track at the Red Bull Ring" !


__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
      06-06-2020, 12:50 PM   #277
M5theonlyone
Major General
M5theonlyone's Avatar
United Kingdom
8636
Rep
6,322
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 V8 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Same weather in the Belgian Ardennes (no rain) but 2-3 degrees cooler like usual by the height and the forests .
The water levels in the Ardennes rivers are also too low by the drought ...

More info here => https://www.vrt.be/vrtnws/en/2020/05...evels-are-low/
According the latest :
Large parts of Belgium have not seen any decent rain since mid-March, except for a few days two weeks ago. Ground water levels are going down, and the situation is becoming difficult at an early stage, compared to the previous years when we had dry summers. Last year, the first restrictions had to be imposed in July, this time it is two months earlier.

Picture from Aquafin (2020) this "was" a river in Belgium"
Other news has taken precedence on the channels and its the first time I'm seing this about the drought in Belgium,for sure it's serious with farmers banned from syphoning water from what's left in rivers and ditches in the Flemish provinces.
Appreciate 1
      06-06-2020, 12:51 PM   #278
M5theonlyone
Major General
M5theonlyone's Avatar
United Kingdom
8636
Rep
6,322
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 V8 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
[QUOTE=///M Power-Belgium;26276624]To repait in "2020" !

"Exactly four weeks until we are back on track at the Red Bull Ring" !


It's still too long to wait but worth it when it comes.
Appreciate 1
      06-06-2020, 01:03 PM   #279
racerbruce
Colonel
racerbruce's Avatar
2541
Rep
2,192
Posts

Drives: 2007 Z4MR Imola Red
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (1)

Oh no!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Same weather in the Belgian Ardennes (no rain) but 2-3 degrees cooler like usual by the height and the forests .
The water levels in the Ardennes rivers are also too low by the drought ...

More info here => https://www.vrt.be/vrtnws/en/2020/05...evels-are-low/
According the latest :
Large parts of Belgium have not seen any decent rain since mid-March, except for a few days two weeks ago. Ground water levels are going down, and the situation is becoming difficult at an early stage, compared to the previous years when we had dry summers. Last year, the first restrictions had to be imposed in July, this time it is two months earlier.

Picture from Aquafin (2020) this "was" a river in Belgium"
My MBelgium friend -
Oh no!

This is disastrous - a drought that begins in May is tragic....so early in the season! This affects so many things....is it affecting crops? What about your production facility?
__________________
Racerbruce
OZ Rims / Bilstein B6 Struts & Shocks / Eibach Pro-Kit Springs / ZHP Control Arms / RE Diablo Exhaust / RPi Air Intake / BMC Air Filter / CDV / RE Trans Mounts / 3M Paint Protection / TMS CF Grilles / TK CF Mirrors / Skyer CF Spoiler / CF Antenna / M Pedals & Dead Pedal / CoCo Floor Mats / WeissLicht LED Rear Turn Signal Lamps / #748 of 3,041
Appreciate 1
      06-06-2020, 01:29 PM   #280
M5theonlyone
Major General
M5theonlyone's Avatar
United Kingdom
8636
Rep
6,322
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 V8 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Same weather in the Belgian Ardennes (no rain) but 2-3 degrees cooler like usual by the height and the forests .
The water levels in the Ardennes rivers are also too low by the drought ...

More info here => https://www.vrt.be/vrtnws/en/2020/05...evels-are-low/
According the latest :
Large parts of Belgium have not seen any decent rain since mid-March, except for a few days two weeks ago. Ground water levels are going down, and the situation is becoming difficult at an early stage, compared to the previous years when we had dry summers. Last year, the first restrictions had to be imposed in July, this time it is two months earlier.

Picture from Aquafin (2020) this "was" a river in Belgium"
My friend,it is pouring down here now,I just wish I could send this rain over to your region now
Appreciate 1
      06-06-2020, 01:46 PM   #281
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
26060
Rep
14,752
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerbruce View Post
My MBelgium friend -
Oh no!

This is disastrous - a drought that begins in May is tragic....so early in the season! This affects so many things....is it affecting crops? What about your production facility?
Positive my friend . It's affecting crops . My grass became hay covered with dust .
At the company we have a 300K liters water reserve pit (water well) with 4 strong water pumps . It's for the mold cooling , it is a closed water cooling circulation system , by this we are re-using always the same water .
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
      06-06-2020, 02:02 PM   #282
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
26060
Rep
14,752
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
My friend,it is pouring down here now,I just wish I could send this rain over to your region now
Yesterday we got a few drops of rain . It was just enough to break the dust...
The weather prediction for today was rain .But it was sunny and windy.
Saw no rain today ..Perhaps a rain dance is required !
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
      06-06-2020, 02:18 PM   #283
M5theonlyone
Major General
M5theonlyone's Avatar
United Kingdom
8636
Rep
6,322
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 V8 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Yesterday we got a few drops of rain . It was just enough to break the dust...
The weather prediction for today was rain .But it was sunny and windy.
Saw no rain today ..Perhaps a rain dance is required !
I'm doing rain dance for you now! It was pouring down here a while ago like from a huge fireman's water hose.
The wife is out in her car,I've told her to wait where she is and to come back when the rain calms down.
Appreciate 1
      06-06-2020, 02:55 PM   #284
M5theonlyone
Major General
M5theonlyone's Avatar
United Kingdom
8636
Rep
6,322
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 V8 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerbruce View Post
My MBelgium friend -
Oh no!

This is disastrous - a drought that begins in May is tragic....so early in the season! This affects so many things....is it affecting crops? What about your production facility?
How's the weather where you are Racerbruce.
Appreciate 1
      06-06-2020, 03:00 PM   #285
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
26060
Rep
14,752
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
I'm doing rain dance for you now! It was pouring down here a while ago like from a huge fireman's water hose.
The wife is out in her car,I've told her to wait where she is and to come back when the rain calms down.
Well my friend , your situation sounds like a dream scenario

#I.need.water
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
      06-06-2020, 03:13 PM   #286
M5theonlyone
Major General
M5theonlyone's Avatar
United Kingdom
8636
Rep
6,322
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 V8 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerbruce View Post
My MBelgium friend -
Oh no!

This is disastrous - a drought that begins in May is tragic....so early in the season! This affects so many things....is it affecting crops? What about your production facility?
Come on Racerbruce,do that rain dance for ///M Power-Belgium!
Appreciate 1
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:49 PM.




bmw
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST