BMW i8 Forums BMW i8 General Discussion

05-16-2017, 09:52 PM   #1
CSIERRA09
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpina B7 / M4

I8 coding

Hey guys, I currently have a cheat sheet for the i8 but I feel as though that a lot of the codes do not work or actually do what they say.

So if anyone has a list or of codes that have been tried and tested. And maybe new codes that have been figured out let me know please ! Thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2017, 11:19 PM   #2
skinrock
Agent Smith
Rep
Drives: 2016 i8

Garage List
2016 BMW i8  [10.00]
Which ones are you curious about?

The only ones I couldn't seem to find in any cheat sheet were the rear sidemarkers, which are MAPPING_STANDL_H2_L_OUTPUT and MAPPING_STANDL_H2_R_OUTPUT. I know Almaretto had a good list, but the link doesn't work anymore.

Regarding your lighting question, the codes are:

AMBIENTE_FARBE_ENSEMBLE_1_LAYER_1 (Dash)
AMBIENTE_FARBE_ENSEMBLE_1_LAYER_2 (Door)
AMBIENTE_FARBE_ENSEMBLE_1_LAYER_3 (Floor)

And there are 6 "ENSEMBLE"s you can code (well, there are more but the dash only shows 6 unique colors). You can't change the name, but you can use unique colors for each LAYER per ENSEMBLE.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...9s4/edit#gid=0
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2017, 06:43 AM   #3
CSIERRA09
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinrock View Post

The only ones I couldn't seem to find in any cheat sheet were the rear sidemarkers, which are MAPPING_STANDL_H2_L_OUTPUT and MAPPING_STANDL_H2_R_OUTPUT. I know Almaretto had a good list, but the link doesn't work anymore.

And there are 6 "ENSEMBLE"s you can code (well, there are more but the dash only shows 6 unique colors). You can't change the name, but you can use unique colors for each LAYER per ENSEMBLE.

I have the cheat sheet from esys link but a lot of it doesn't work like the tails on with drl. But I didn't know that the f15 sheet works on the i8?
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2017, 08:06 AM   #4
CSIERRA09
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinrock View Post

And does this add more options to the light list ?
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2017, 12:16 AM   #5
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSIERRA09 View Post
And does this add more options to the light list ?
IDrive (pictures/text) is unchanged; only LED colors (upon selection) vary based on coding.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2017, 05:28 AM   #6
MrBreezenovel
Private
Rep
Drives: M4 Calf T 911, GTS, RR S Class

I had Rich (not sure if he is well known on this forum) come to my house and code both the i8 and the 440. I have to say out of all the BMW's I have had coded this car seems to have the least amount of changes.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2017, 12:33 PM   #7
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBreezenovel View Post
I had Rich (not sure if he is well known on this forum) come to my house and code both the i8 and the 440. I have to say out of all the BMW's I have had coded this car seems to have the least amount of changes.
Coding is a personal preference and each year more things become standard, but the I012 has plenty of options. If you are referring to the person I think you are, he was banned on BP.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2017, 04:25 AM   #8
Emon Crew
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16' crystal white i8

Ok I figure I'd post here since this thread is dedicated to coding and I'd stop hijacking the other thread.

I've coded pretty much every option on the cheat sheets thats been appealing to me but theres just one thing I can't wrap my head around. The option to code the dome light is supposed to be only orange or white. When I unlock my car, the dome light is a bright blue LED that goes away and fades to white once the door is opened. Is this the same as everyone else? If thats the case, how is the dome blue when there's only white/orange options? Did I miss a coding ensamble that covers this, or is there a way to have the dome turn one of the 12 LED colors that the door/dash/floor can turn?

Sorry for the unnecessarily long post, but it's been bugging me for 2 days now and I can't seem to figure this out.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2017, 04:35 AM   #9
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emon Crew View Post
Ok I figure I'd post here since this thread is dedicated to coding and I'd stop hijacking the other thread.

I've coded pretty much every option on the cheat sheets thats been appealing to me but theres just one thing I can't wrap my head around. The option to code the dome light is supposed to be only orange or white. When I unlock my car, the dome light is a bright blue LED that goes away and fades to white once the door is opened. Is this the same as everyone else? If thats the case, how is the dome blue when there's only white/orange options? Did I miss a coding ensamble that covers this, or is there a way to have the dome turn one of the 12 LED colors that the door/dash/floor can turn?

Sorry for the unnecessarily long post, but it's been bugging me for 2 days now and I can't seem to figure this out.
If you do not want the bright white cabin light to turn on, you can disable by holding down center overhead button.

The coding is for while driving. It is Dome | Dash / Door / Floor.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2017, 05:29 PM   #10
Emon Crew
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaretto View Post
If you do not want the bright white cabin light to turn on, you can disable by holding down center overhead button.

The coding is for while driving. It is Dome | Dash / Door / Floor.
No actually what I'm trying to figure out is if I can get the blue LED that turns on to turn hellrot. Here's a picture of the blue I'm referring to.

Sorry for the upside down picture, not sure why it showed up like that.
Attached Images

Last edited by Emon Crew; 05-30-2017 at 05:31 PM.. Reason: picture is upside down
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2017, 06:07 PM   #11
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
No actually what I'm trying to figure out is if I can get the blue LED that turns on to turn hellrot. Here's a picture of the blue I'm referring to.

Sorry for the upside down picture, not sure why it showed up like that.
I would have to look at files, but I imagine settings would be in same section.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2017, 11:02 PM   #12
Emon Crew
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I would have to look at files, but I imagine settings would be in same section.
Thanks, let me know what you find. I wish I knew some German but I have no idea what I'm looking at when reading the file sections.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2017, 01:18 AM   #13
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Thanks, let me know what you find. I wish I knew some German but I have no idea what I'm looking at when reading the file sections.
Problem is that I do not have an I012, so not as easy to test and find FDL.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2017, 12:47 AM   #14
Emon Crew
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Problem is that I do not have an I012, so not as easy to test and find FDL.
Ahh shucks. Let me know if theres anything I can do to help or where I should be looking. I'm going to cycle through every 3070 folder in the BDC body sub directory to see if I can see something that's already set to a blue and may have options to change.
Appreciate 0