BMW i
Forum for the BMW i3, i4 and i8
BMW i3 BMW i8
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

BMW i Forums > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

08-16-2018, 11:14 AM   #45
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassicaia View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
"Doing significantly more damage [than Islam]?"

By whose measure - yours? Should we discuss the social acceptance of pederasty in Islamic countries [/url]

This is appalling, intolerable, and they should all be locked away for life.
I dont understand why you didnt quote what I actually wrote instead of changing what I wrote? Was it to change the narrative?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassicaia View Post
I have a question which points to a level of denial and hypocrisy. Why do so many people rail against "Islam" as being the enemy of America when the dominating religion within the country is doing significantly more damage?

Im not talking about Islam in
Quote:
pederasty in Islamic countries
. Im talking about the damage they are doing to your country vs the chruch. You just saw that over 1000 american children were raped by leaders of a religion in America, and yet the anger against the atrocity pails.

again imagine if it was found 1000 children were raped by Islamic leaders?

Dont get me wrong. Islam has its own issues i agree.
What I wrote was a paraphrase of what you wrote, and didn't change the narrative at all.

Many/most are calling out the Catholic Church on this, and looking for heads to roll, as they have for the past 15+ years - it wouldn't be any different.

Your "what if" scenario is ridiculous.
      08-16-2018, 12:00 PM   #46
Sassicaia
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: SMB F80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Have you ever considered yourself to be part of a larger group - society? There's a metric ton of problems out there that you could be vocal about. This is one, and should be addressed and those involved (whether abusing, or covering up the abuse) held to account. But its not the only one, and there is nothing stopping you from making your voice heard and calling for change within the Catholic faith just because you aren't Catholic.

So do it.

While you are at it, I'd suggest also focusing on child marriages in the Middle East, polygamy / weird cults in America, etc.
I am not part of any group voluntarily which has any issues remotely close to the church, and if I was I would be the first person to take vocal action and demand change.
Appreciate 1
Sea-Tac1357.00

08-16-2018, 12:03 PM   #47
Sassicaia
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
What I wrote was a paraphrase of what you wrote, and didn't change the narrative at all.

Many/most are calling out the Catholic Church on this, and looking for heads to roll, as they have for the past 15+ years - it wouldn't be any different.

Actually my what if scenario is is completely relevant and frankly sad. What is needed for change is large amounts of social pressure and people standing up. The "what if" would create that if the perpetrators were islamic - hey look you are banning them from coming into your country!

Imagine if even 50% of that energy was put towards the catholic to demand change from the church.

Islamic extremist and rapist priest are from the same pile of shit - people hurting other people. The should all have their skin peeled from their bodies and be thrown into a pool of lemon juice. Ouch!
Appreciate 1
Sea-Tac1357.00

08-16-2018, 12:05 PM   #48
Sassicaia
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:

Sorry you did. I said damage against america as the comparison, but you made it sound like I said the damage being done in islamic countries.

Two different things completely.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2018, 12:20 PM   #49
knowthebattle
MMJ User
Rep
Drives: 2005 Z4 3.0i

I don't see how this is "news". Been going on forever and the religious leaders want nothing to do with it.

Admit nothing, deny everything and make counter-accusations is what they are doing. Hell the leaders don't need to worry about it at all. We're squabbling over it like pigeons.
Appreciate 1
Sassicaia3084.00

08-16-2018, 07:21 PM   #50
Zlaatan
Captain
Sweden
Rep
Drives: RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haywood View Post
And who ended up torching the cars? Oh, that's right, one guy that was caught trying to escape back to Turkey. Just reporting the news. Don't bury your head and act like there are no immigrant problems there.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-set-fire.html
According to the article one guy out of three arrested fled to Turkey so odds are obviously that he's Turkish, but the other two were from Gothenburg. So 1 in 3.. The other two could very well be immigrants as well, but the information we have atm doesn't support that/your argument. And that's the problem isn't it. You didn't know who had done it when you created the thread so you weren't 'reporting the news', you were pushing your agenda that immigrants are the only ones who commit crime in Europe. And I'm sorry but quoting an article that says that one of the three guys who were arrested was an immigrant doesn't exactly give you 'I told you so' privileges.

Also, I have never acted like we don't have immigrant problems here, and the fact that you say that I do just further proves my point. I know you guys have a saying over there about assumptions that is very fitting to all of this.

Lastly, if it turns out that you are right about the thing in Sweden that still doesn't make you any less of a hypocrite in this thread, since the OP is also correct about his remarks about how all this raping by the church would be considered to be 1000x worse if it was done by an islamic institution.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2018, 08:50 PM   #51
3.0L
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i

Regarding the OP's original post:

My dad had these hosers figured out 40+ years ago. He called them "Bead Squeezers." Sin all week, then go to confession and make it all better.

Repeat as needed.

What BS.

Want a Cookie?.
Appreciate 1
      08-16-2018, 09:00 PM   #52
irishbimmer
Major
Rep
Drives: Silverstone M6 CP, Bulldozer,

Unfortunately the Church has many active woman who worship the ground these pervs walk on which prolongs the problem. Perhaps its time to obliterate the celibacy pledge and stop recruiting pedophiles.
A disgruntled Catholic who went to confession every two weeks...but can no longer participate.
I had a girlfriend whose father was an architect and he told me one of his projects revealed all sorts of baby skeletons within the walls of the nunnery up in Montreal. They had been aborted by the nuns that were impregnated.
Appreciate 1
Sea-Tac1357.00

08-27-2018, 09:31 PM   #53
Sea-Tac
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2108 X3 xDrive30i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Dodger View Post
These allegations seem to happen every few years. Evidently, nothing seems to be getting done. I think this has been an issue since the 70's.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cathol...al_abuse_cases
I went to Katholic school for about a 103 years and that was always a big joke about who had to gargle with holy water after confession...I mean come on...hell, everyone knows we really just had to wash our hands in it.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2018, 12:35 AM   #54
Zugzwang
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d M-Sport + 2013 X-35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea-Tac View Post
I went to Katholic school for about a 103 years and that was always a big joke about who had to gargle with holy water after confession...I mean come on...hell, everyone knows we really just had to wash our hands in it.
Most americans have no clue about the residential schooling that was forced upon canada’s first nations. I caught a taste one day in 2009. One first nation said that it was the best thing to ever happen to the “indians”. Another long grey haired fellow stood up and told him off right there. I believe his words were... and i quote, “i’d rip your head off and piss down your lungs”.

Yes. Bad things have happened. But i feel that this problem is prevalent among anybody who sits in an elite position of trust and status.

Hugh Hefner had a great deal of backlash from women who were around him after his death. Theres harvey weinstien. Bill Clinton among a great many hushed stories had a bj in the oval office. Theres manlove thursdays. And im sure that theres a great deal of school teachers and boy scout leaders, game show hosts and musicians that all abused their positions.

Heck even Jared of subway was a sicko. Spotlights of the catholics. May the guilty be sent to prison to suffer Bubbas wrath.

May any pos that diddles kids suffer the worst of retributions because...

They are less than human.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2018, 01:44 AM   #55
Sea-Tac
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2108 X3 xDrive30i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zugzwang View Post
Most americans have no clue about the residential schooling that was forced upon canada’s first nations. I caught a taste one day in 2009. One first nation said that it was the best thing to ever happen to the “indians”. Another long grey haired fellow stood up and told him off right there. I believe his words were... and i quote, “i’d rip your head off and piss down your lungs”.

Yes. Bad things have happened. But i feel that this problem is prevalent among anybody who sits in an elite position of trust and status.

Hugh Hefner had a great deal of backlash from women who were around him after his death. Theres harvey weinstien. Bill Clinton among a great many hushed stories had a bj in the oval office. Theres manlove thursdays. And im sure that theres a great deal of school teachers and boy scout leaders, game show hosts and musicians that all abused their positions.

Heck even Jared of subway was a sicko. Spotlights of the catholics. May the guilty be sent to prison to suffer Bubbas wrath.

May any pos that diddles kids suffer the worst of retributions because...

They are less than human.
I hear what you are saying and to a greater extent I agree with you. I guess being a product of a Catholic school one learns to laugh certain things off and when not to. There were guys in my high school that I later learned were victims of sexual abuse. We never knew then what they must have been going through. 20 -25 years later I read articles about them in the papers as part of a lawsuit against the church. It makes your skin crawl knowing that two or three of your teachers were sexual predators and they zero’d in on the quiet ones or the ones that just sort of melted into the background. Not a good thing.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2018, 08:00 AM   #56
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

Unbelievable!

The Roman Catholic Church in Australia has rejected a recommendation that priests be required to report evidence of sexual abuse revealed in confession.

https://www.npr.org/2018/08/31/64359...-in-confession
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2018, 09:22 AM   #57
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i Arctic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
Unbelievable!

The Roman Catholic Church in Australia has rejected a recommendation that priests be required to report evidence of sexual abuse revealed in confession.

https://www.npr.org/2018/08/31/64359...-in-confession
They don't report murders either
Appreciate 0