BMW i
Forum for the BMW i3, i4 and i8
BMW i3 BMW i8
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

BMW i Forums > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

06-04-2017, 07:23 AM   #45
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RABAUKE View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoens View Post
I really doubt the mainstream left will embrace her behavior--it's just too much as is the ones with Obama. Probably the real far left is fine with it as they really hate Trump as did the far right for Obama and this is the real problem with America is these extreme entities.

They are what is truly what is wrong with America as they try to suck left or right leaning centrists in their direction. I see it all the time as I know people on both extreme sides who when they talk to me get so passionate and show how much hate they have.
I'm not so sure, I was driving around the other day and had talk radio on from Toronto (leftist universe in Canada) and much of the discussion was around he right to free expression and it was just humor so get over it.....if you don't like it change the channel. Again, if a well known personality did this with a likeness of Obama I think the discussion would be very different.
Well, I'd agree she did have the right to do it if she made it clear it was not meant as a threat but rather a protest of some kind. Extremely bad taste yes, but I think she can do what she wants. But that isn't her issue.

Where I think the irony lies is that progressives (largely through social media reinforced by mainstream media) advocate a politically correct penalty system that imparts severe social and professional penalties on those who do or say something that isn't politically correct. Free speech is acknowledged, but free speech has effectively become limited if you have sponsors, clients or an employer. Many have suffered the social and political consequences of exercising their right to free speech and I suspect this is something Griffin would advocate - until last week. This is the climate progressives have created and we now live in, so she and others like her should be the first to understand the consequences and step up to acknowledge they deserve whatever happens to them when they exercise their right to free speech in a way that offends others, particularly when it offends even the left. Instead, she tried to blame Trump. She is a fucking hypocrite, as is anyone on the left supporting her (including Baldwin, but we already knew that).
SakhirM49306.00
Efthreeoh5310.00

06-04-2017, 08:31 AM   #46
MKSixer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoens View Post
I really doubt the mainstream left will embrace her behavior--it's just too much as is the ones with Obama. Probably the real far left is fine with it as they really hate Trump as did the far right for Obama and this is the real problem with America is these extreme entities.

They are what is truly what is wrong with America as they try to suck left or right leaning centrists in their direction. I see it all the time as I know people on both extreme sides who when they talk to me get so passionate and show how much hate they have.
I understand what you're saying but it's already happening. A few have poked their toes in the water and soon many more will jump into the pool. I posted the video with Mr. Baldwin and even before that, Mr. Carrey (Jim) chimed in on the entire disgusting mess.

Hanging in effigy has been around for a long time and has serious negative connotations for person's of color. I fully understand that. What many don't understand about Ms. Griffin's offense is that somewhere, someone is looking at her display and may be emboldened by her. As you well know, terrorism is running amok and beheadings are one of the most horrific tools at their disposal. Her display had no place in this environment.

Cheers-mk

Edit: ISIL Beheadings. Read the last one. It's a real winner.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISIL_beheading_incidents

Several actors have played James Bond, Sean Connery IS James Bond...
Appreciate 4
SakhirM49306.00
Zippster459.00
PA135i937.00
Efthreeoh5310.00

06-05-2017, 10:57 AM   #47
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i Arctic

Rick, you the right to free speech, but no where does it say that taking advantage of that right is free. And no government entity has stopped her from making her statement, certainly Trump didn't call his buddy at CNN and get her canned.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2017, 11:02 AM   #48
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
I understand what you're saying but it's already happening. A few have poked their toes in the water and soon many more will jump into the pool. I posted the video with Mr. Baldwin and even before that, Mr. Carrey (Jim) chimed in on the entire disgusting mess.

Hanging in effigy has been around for a long time and has serious negative connotations for person's of color. I fully understand that. What many don't understand about Ms. Griffin's offense is that somewhere, someone is looking at her display and may be emboldened by her. As you well know, terrorism is running amok and beheadings are one of the most horrific tools at their disposal. Her display had no place in this environment.

Cheers-mk

Edit: ISIL Beheadings. Read the last one. It's a real winner.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISIL_beheading_incidents
We call those people idiots, they're not going anywhere any time soon.

Same as those on the left complaining about Ted Nugent's death threats, those embolden people too but at the end of the day, it's their right to say it since neither Nugent or Griffin's displays/comments were serious threats.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer13951.50

06-05-2017, 12:55 PM   #49
CTinline-six
Winning
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '13 Jeep GC

Garage List
Quote:
This.

The whole damn thing was orchestrated. Who JUST HAPPENS to have a Trump mask AND the paint or whatever to simulate blood, THEN wait around to let it dry, THEN stage the photo. Oh yes...it happened in 5 minutes exactly as she stated in the, "Apology Session". Lol.

You heard it here first: In 6 months she will be trotted out as a hero of the left. It's already beginning.

Cheers-mk

Bingo. She apologized and pointed to Trump for ruining her life a bit quickly after it happened.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Anyone who thinks doing something that stupid and posting it on social media deserves what they get. Like those kids who "joke" about shooting up a school then cry when the FBI shows up on their doorstep with a twitter feed as evidence.
sirdaft11962.50

06-05-2017, 01:08 PM   #50
Matt@EuroJerks
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post
Bingo. She apologized and pointed to Trump for ruining her life a bit quickly after it happened.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Anyone who thinks doing something that stupid and posting it on social media deserves what they get. Like those kids who "joke" about shooting up a school then cry when the FBI shows up on their doorstep with a twitter feed as evidence.
Through this ordeal I have kept this train of thought. I have always not cared for her.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2017, 01:10 PM   #51
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post

Yup, you have the freedom of choice, not the freedom of consequence.
Appreciate 3
SakhirM49306.00
bd307621.50
MKSixer13951.50

06-05-2017, 03:41 PM   #52
bd307
Chef
Rep
Drives: Things with wheels or no wheel

Turning to the left too much. POS.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2017, 09:07 AM   #53
MKSixer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Not thought up, spur of the moment. Here is what the POS planned.

http://www.vulture.com/2016/12/kathy...-on-trump.html

Nothing more need be discussed. She executed her plan. Premeditated. Why hasn't this been in the MSM? I'd love someone to explain this.

Has the Secret Service seen this?

Several actors have played James Bond, Sean Connery IS James Bond...
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2017, 09:09 AM   #54
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Not thought up, spur of the moment. Here is what the POS planned.

http://www.vulture.com/2016/12/kathy...-on-trump.html

Nothing more need be discussed. She executed her plan. Premeditated. Why hasn't this been in the MSM? I'd love someone to explain this.

Has the Secret Service seen this?
They're interviewing her due to her Twitter photo but I doubt anything will come of it since it wasn't serious, just lacked any sort of tact and crossed a line.

I'm glad the MSM isn't covering it, she's a nobody and best to let her 15 minutes fade away. She's obviously trying to use it to gain attention and become relevant again as some sort of SJW or some bullshit like that.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer13951.50

06-06-2017, 10:33 AM   #55
DesmondF10
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 535i, 2009 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecurtis View Post
They're interviewing her due to her Twitter photo but I doubt anything will come of it since it wasn't serious, just lacked any sort of tact and crossed a line.

I'm glad the MSM isn't covering it, she's a nobody and best to let her 15 minutes fade away. She's obviously trying to use it to gain attention and become relevant again as some sort of SJW or some bullshit like that.
Not worth covering. MSM covered the bloody effigy head. I think that says it all about Griffin Gone Wild.

2009 328i, Crimson Red/Sport Suspension, Full Bavsound
Appreciate 0