BMW i
Forum for the BMW i3, i4 and i8
BMW i3 BMW i8
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

BMW i Forums > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

08-25-2017, 07:44 PM   #23
1MOREMOD
2018 track days - 0 ridge 1:52:24 pacific 1:33:30
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Gotta be bullshit. Bunch of candy ass bitches need to grow up.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2017, 11:01 PM   #24
chetrickerman
Evo Pro Tuner
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 YMB

Garage List
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
The article is legit from the UCCS newsletter.

Personally being a Veteran it infuriates me that there are people out there that think like this, but then I remember there are also people that think the opposite way.

They can "say" they want to ban them all they want as that is their right, but if they actually do, then there will be hell to pay.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2017, 11:30 PM   #25
Questofthetune
Captain
Rep
Drives: 13 GT50014 AW M235i(sold)

Garage List
2014 BMW 235i  [0.00]
I'm a veteran and I could care less what someone wrote on a piece of paper. I was on campus Thursday and saw a flyer saying that I was going to hell for not being religous. Then an old man with a sign yelled at me that "they" are coming and I better prepare. Forgive me if I don't take things I see on campus seriosly
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2017, 01:52 AM   #26
Mingwan
Captain
Rep
Drives: Beastly

Is this a troll post?

Come on, where are they getting this shit from? 'Veterans mock diversity?' 'The military is a white supremacist organization?' When you're in basic training, it doesn't matter what you look like or where you're from. You just try surviving together because everybody gets treated equally as shitty. I would say veterans are some of the most grounded, open-minded people out there.

honestly, I think what this country needs is a mandatory 1-2 year military service requirement like what countries like S.Korea requires of their citizens. Then an additional 1 year of working a customer service job.
Appreciate 7
Efthreeoh4449.00
c1pher1207.00
scostu854.00
SakhirM48304.00
Scout1074.00
shay2nak736.00
MKSixer10885.00

08-26-2017, 07:23 AM   #27
Efthreeoh
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 & Z4 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal View Post
This has to be a joke. There is no way there is a portion of society that thinks this way.
They are the same people who tear down statues...
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2017, 07:43 AM   #28
c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche Macan Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mingwan View Post
Is this a troll post?

Come on, where are they getting this shit from? 'Veterans mock diversity?' 'The military is a white supremacist organization?' When you're in basic training, it doesn't matter what you look like or where you're from. You just try surviving together because everybody gets treated equally as shitty. I would say veterans are some of the most grounded, open-minded people out there.

honestly, I think what this country needs is a mandatory 1-2 year military service requirement like what countries like S.Korea requires of their citizens. Then an additional 1 year of working a customer service job.
I mean the military has been on the cutting edge of tolerance and affirmative action for several decades. Not sure where they get that crap from. It really wasn’t until the whole transsexual thing that they made a change. Really the last step for equality in the military is adding women to the selective service registration so they can be drafted too in case of war.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2017, 08:48 AM   #29
scostu
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F25

Quote:

Retired:2014 F31, 2013 Audi Q5 3.0T,
2013 Jeep WK2..Hemi, 2011 E90, 2008 E70, 2004 E46
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2017, 12:51 PM   #30
3rdcoast228i
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 228i Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 90TT View Post
1-I'm a veteran and attend UCCS (and support free speech)
First, thank you and all the veterans out there.

I'm not saying that you do, or anyone else... but never feel guilty about being a veteran or apologize for it. The majority of people love and support our vets.

The whole country has gone nuts trying to support a very very small parentage of the population. But they are very vocal... You guys have to be vocal has well, use your freedom of speech also. (In a classy diplomatic way) You will be persecuted and you will face challenges, but you got to bring some sanity to this.

All you guys should get together and wave the flag. Just stay quite during the flag waving session, then watch these people make an ass of them selfs.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2017, 01:42 PM   #31
rlmesq
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i M Sport

It's more than a troll. I think it was distributed by a right-winger to provoke more opposition to "libtards."

Pizzagate redux.
Appreciate 1
Lups10422.00

08-26-2017, 03:18 PM   #32
Eternal
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdcoast228i View Post
First, thank you and all the veterans out there.

I'm not saying that you do, or anyone else... but never feel guilty about being a veteran or apologize for it. The majority of people love and support our vets.

The whole country has gone nuts trying to support a very very small parentage of the population. But they are very vocal... You guys have to be vocal has well, use your freedom of speech also. (In a classy diplomatic way) You will be persecuted and you will face challenges, but you got to bring some sanity to this.

All you guys should get together and wave the flag. Just stay quite during the flag waving session, then watch these people make an ass of them selfs.
See, but that's the crazy thing about it. Articles like the one posted portray us as in your face face and overbearing. We don't want to get together and wave the flag. We want to do our jobs and blend back into society with the same rights as everyone else. Everything portrayed in the attached letter is exactly opposite of how it really is. It is the liberals who are oppresive and disruptive to those who are not them.

I've been in the military for 17+ years. The majority of military people are fine walking around with no one knowing they are even in the military. (there are obviously outliers)
Appreciate 1
scostu854.00

08-26-2017, 03:19 PM   #33
Eternal
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlmesq View Post
It's more than a troll. I think it was distributed by a right-winger to provoke more opposition to "libtards."

Pizzagate redux.
Isnt this claim a bit played out?
Appreciate 1
SakhirM48304.00

08-26-2017, 03:20 PM   #34
Dave 90TT
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM 6MT M4 F82

Quote:
See, but that's the crazy thing about it. Articles like the one posted portray us as in your face face and overbearing. We don't want to get together and wave the flag. We want to do our jobs and blend back into society with the same rights as everyone else. Everything portrayed in the attached letter is exactly opposite of how it really is. It is the liberals who are oppresive and disruptive to those who are not them.

I've been in the military for 17+ years. The majority of military people are fine walking around with no one knowing they are even in the military. (there are obviously outliers)
Completely agree. Growing long hair and blending after 26 years of the USMC is awesome
Appreciate 1
Eternal87.00

08-26-2017, 03:23 PM   #35
Eternal
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 90TT View Post
Completely agree. Growing long hair and blending after 26 years of the USMC is awesome
I told the wife that the day I retire, I am going to go 1 year to the day without shaving or cutting my hair!!! (and I grow a nasty thick beard. On a week of leave now and you would have no clue I am in the military, other than my haircut)
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2017, 03:30 PM   #36
kent11202
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i

Quote:
Is this a troll post?

I'm a vet and "approve" your mindset - I've been saying this for decades
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2017, 03:40 PM   #37
Eternal
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kent11202 View Post
I'm a vet and "approve" your mindset - I've been saying this for decades
I dont really agree with it. I like that we are all volunteer. This way I can use the line "If you do not like it, do not reenlist". If we start forcing people, it will show they are being forced.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2017, 04:36 PM   #38
kent11202
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i

Quote:
I dont really agree with it. I like that we are all volunteer. This way I can use the line "If you do not like it, do not reenlist". If we start forcing people, it will show they are being forced.
I understand your position on no mandatory service, I just view things differently. The problem, at least the way I view it is that so many young guys "float" along without ever (or seldom) having to answer to anyone and, as such, they have a lot of trouble dealing with "authority" for most of their lives. A few months in basic training and subsequent service enlightens them to the fact there are consequences related to what they do or don't do. Accordingly, as they move forward in life they can draw on what they have learned about respect, rules and consequences. I consider that a better alternative than letting them continue down an uncontrolled path so, at least in my opinion, that's a a good thing.
Appreciate 3
SakhirM48304.00
scostu854.00

08-26-2017, 05:50 PM   #39
scostu
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by kent11202 View Post
I understand your position on no mandatory service, I just view things differently. The problem, at least the way I view it is that so many young guys "float" along without ever (or seldom) having to answer to anyone and, as such, they have a lot of trouble dealing with "authority" for most of their lives.

Retired:2014 F31, 2013 Audi Q5 3.0T,
2013 Jeep WK2..Hemi, 2011 E90, 2008 E70, 2004 E46
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2017, 10:02 PM   #40
3rdcoast228i
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 228i Msport

Quote:

I get it, and that's completely understandable just wanting to blend in and go about life.

I know things are opposite, that's my point. (Except maybe a select few, there is always a few in any group) You shouldn't have to prove that, but sometimes you have to. And I believe that can be done without being overbearing. Just looking away and ignoring these crazy people used to be an option. Now I'm not so sure, what's it going to be like when your kids and grand kids are in the same situation but much worse? I'm just an outsider, looking in... It's easy for me to say.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2017, 12:39 AM   #41
rlmesq
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetrickerman View Post
The article is legit from the UCCS newsletter.
Please re-read the original post. The "newsletter" was never printed in a UCCS publication. It was posted in a designated "free speech area," which means a corner of the campus reserved for trolls and fucktards.

This is an example of what passes for news in a small market like Colorado Springs. Any idiot can get attention by saying something that creates controversy in a segment of the population. In bigger cities, people just hum "doo-doo doo-doo, doo-doo doo-doo," (the Twilight Zone theme) to themselves and keep moving.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2017, 06:45 AM   #42
RABAUKE
Rear Admiral
Canada
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993, 2014 MB GLK

Maybe the folks who wrote this paper suggesting the ban should take some classes on the US Constitution, I suspect they'd learn that the discrimination they are suggesting is probably illegal.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2017, 07:11 AM   #43
c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RABAUKE View Post
Maybe the folks who wrote this paper suggesting the ban should take some classes on the US Constitution, I suspect they'd learn that the discrimination they are suggesting is probably illegal.
It is illegal especially considering veterans typically fall under protected status.
Appreciate 1
SakhirM48304.00

08-27-2017, 07:16 PM   #44
c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RABAUKE View Post
These are the same people who believe in inclusivity and diversity as long as you agree with them.
Appreciate 0