BMW i
Forum for the BMW i3, i4 and i8
BMW i3 BMW i8
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

  BMW i Forums > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-01-2009, 10:58 AM   #1
bolinp78
G35 convertee
bolinp78's Avatar
51
Rep
1,009
Posts

Drives: 2008 335i (AW)
Join Date: May 2008
Location: .

iTrader: (1)

"Gangster Government"

[u2b]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/thR-lVuztIY&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/thR-lVuztIY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/u2b]
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2009, 12:39 PM   #2
scollins
Bootleggin' 'n Gunrunnin'
scollins's Avatar
United_States
77
Rep
2,367
Posts

Drives: 2015 F15 X5 35i
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Renton, WA

iTrader: (3)

Unfuckingbelieveable. Well, actually, it is believeable given today's government.....

Disgusting.
__________________
Scott
2015 F15 X5 35i, Space Gray Metallic
2011 Toyota Tacoma TX Pro 4x4 DC, Super White
2008 Ducati 1098S. Red naturally....
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2009, 02:15 PM   #3
TMNT
Captain
101
Rep
873
Posts

Drives: 330ci ZHP
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: VA

iTrader: (0)

Are you really surprised? This isn't some new phenomenon...this shit has been going on since the birth of civilization, let alone the birth of this country.

It's all about who you know and the connections you got. We do this everyday...whether it be through hook-ups through friends at their work place, or bypassing employment standards to get a job from someone you know.

It's not about what you know, but who you know.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2009, 02:58 PM   #4
TurboFan
Ski bum
TurboFan's Avatar
166
Rep
6,208
Posts

Drives: sideways
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Knee deep in the pow

iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNT View Post
Are you really surprised? This isn't some new phenomenon...this shit has been going on since the birth of civilization, let alone the birth of this country.

It's all about who you know and the connections you got. We do this everyday...whether it be through hook-ups through friends at their work place, or bypassing employment standards to get a job from someone you know.

It's not about what you know, but who you know.
This shit hasn't happened at anything close to this level in this country. In the last 100 years, MAYBE you could point to the Sherman Anti-trust Act that allowed government to break up larger companies into smaller companies, but nothing approaching this BS.

Wake up folks, you've elected a tyrant with a steel fist in a velvet glove - "he may look [good], but that's just a disguise". You asked for it, now you've got it, and it will take decades to fix this new mess. You want redistribution of wealth? You'll get it - everyone will be poor, unless you are connected to the government.

Someone PLEASE show me where our president has the right to NATIONALIZE a company??? The United States Government has stepped in and TAKEN OVER a very large public company.

Does this not bother anyone??? WTF.
__________________

1999 e46 328i Ti Silver / Black[retired]
2007 e90 335xi Jet Black / Black[retired]
2011 e70 X5 35d Vermillion Red / Cinnamon
2011 e92 M3 LeMans / Fox Red extended
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2009, 03:02 PM   #5
bolinp78
G35 convertee
bolinp78's Avatar
51
Rep
1,009
Posts

Drives: 2008 335i (AW)
Join Date: May 2008
Location: .

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboFan View Post

everyone will be poor, unless you are connected to the government.
Not necessarily poor, but poorer for sure.

No tax increase on 95% of Americans :finger:
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2009, 10:48 PM   #6
BKsBimmer
Lieutenant Colonel
BKsBimmer's Avatar
69
Rep
1,645
Posts

Drives: 2006 330xi Titanium Silver
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: USA / Silver Spring, Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 330xi  [5.00]
2006 330xi  [0.00]
What do you expect from Michelle Bachman, the personification of paranoid and dellusional and queen of CRAZY TALK???

Dangerous rhetoric from Bachman
[u2b]epidf-W27XU&feature=channel[/u2b]

Bachman supports violent Opposition to Obama
[u2b]y-dzo8_gJYc&feature=related[/u2b]

Bachman denies calling Obama's views Anti-American
[u2b]WrgaUVNjBjw&NR=1[/u2b]

Says about Chris Matthews - "That bitch set me up"
[u2b]JaUwAMcbSik&feature=channel[/u2b]

More spitting in the wind from Bachman
[u2b]P3KidxA6saY&feature=related[/u2b]

Bachman and Beck
[u2b]bJ-3zuafXDU&feature=related[/u2b]
__________________
_____________________________________
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2009, 08:55 AM   #7
bolinp78
G35 convertee
bolinp78's Avatar
51
Rep
1,009
Posts

Drives: 2008 335i (AW)
Join Date: May 2008
Location: .

iTrader: (1)

GREAT RESPONSE!

You post up a handful of Youtube videos in your pathetic defense, probably without even clicking on what I posted. And if you did, you obviously didn't listen to it.

I don't even give a shit if those videos that you posted have any truth or merit at all. That isn't the point. Instead of posting up a bunch of videos, why don't you actually respond to what she said? I really despise the "he/she is crazy" defense, when the defender (yourself) doesn't even address what was said at all.

pretty weak

I've always noticed that your bunch are usually the ones to post up a bunch of videos (usually videos of "crazy" right wingers). Instead of posting up a bunch of videos, why don't you actually say something about it?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2009, 09:10 AM   #8
shpirate87
Captain
20
Rep
706
Posts

Drives: 335ix
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NJ

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKsBimmer View Post
What do you expect from Michelle Bachman, the personification of paranoid and dellusional and queen of CRAZY TALK???
Description of Ad Hominem

Translated from Latin to English, "Ad Hominem" means "against the man" or "against the person."

An Ad Hominem is a general category of fallacies in which a claim or argument is rejected on the basis of some irrelevant fact about the author of or the person presenting the claim or argument. Typically, this fallacy involves two steps. First, an attack against the character of person making the claim, her circumstances, or her actions is made (or the character, circumstances, or actions of the person reporting the claim). Second, this attack is taken to be evidence against the claim or argument the person in question is making (or presenting). This type of "argument" has the following form:

1. Person A makes claim X.
2. Person B makes an attack on person A.
3. Therefore A's claim is false.

The reason why an Ad Hominem (of any kind) is a fallacy is that the character, circumstances, or actions of a person do not (in most cases) have a bearing on the truth or falsity of the claim being made (or the quality of the argument being made).
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2009, 09:34 AM   #9
bolinp78
G35 convertee
bolinp78's Avatar
51
Rep
1,009
Posts

Drives: 2008 335i (AW)
Join Date: May 2008
Location: .

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shpirate87 View Post
Description of Ad Hominem

Translated from Latin to English, "Ad Hominem" means "against the man" or "against the person."

An Ad Hominem is a general category of fallacies in which a claim or argument is rejected on the basis of some irrelevant fact about the author of or the person presenting the claim or argument. Typically, this fallacy involves two steps. First, an attack against the character of person making the claim, her circumstances, or her actions is made (or the character, circumstances, or actions of the person reporting the claim). Second, this attack is taken to be evidence against the claim or argument the person in question is making (or presenting). This type of "argument" has the following form:

1. Person A makes claim X.
2. Person B makes an attack on person A.
3. Therefore A's claim is false.

The reason why an Ad Hominem (of any kind) is a fallacy is that the character, circumstances, or actions of a person do not (in most cases) have a bearing on the truth or falsity of the claim being made (or the quality of the argument being made).
Now there's a good sidekick to my response!

__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2009, 09:39 AM   #10
bolinp78
G35 convertee
bolinp78's Avatar
51
Rep
1,009
Posts

Drives: 2008 335i (AW)
Join Date: May 2008
Location: .

iTrader: (1)

I find it funny that none of the Democrats on this board have actually defended the administration for some of the things that are going on (at least to my knowledge).

All they want to do is play the "blame Bush" game, among other things. They don't comment on the issue of what this government and county are becoming.

watch.... This post is a good excuse for bksbimmer to focus on something besides the original point of the thread.. I wonder if we'll get an appropriate response.. I love traps
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2009, 01:50 PM   #11
BKsBimmer
Lieutenant Colonel
BKsBimmer's Avatar
69
Rep
1,645
Posts

Drives: 2006 330xi Titanium Silver
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: USA / Silver Spring, Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 330xi  [5.00]
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolinp78 View Post
GREAT RESPONSE!

You post up a handful of Youtube videos in your pathetic defense, probably without even clicking on what I posted. And if you did, you obviously didn't listen to it.

I don't even give a shit if those videos that you posted have any truth or merit at all. That isn't the point. Instead of posting up a bunch of videos, why don't you actually respond to what she said? I really despise the "he/she is crazy" defense, when the defender (yourself) doesn't even address what was said at all.

pretty weak

I've always noticed that your bunch are usually the ones to post up a bunch of videos (usually videos of "crazy" right wingers). Instead of posting up a bunch of videos, why don't you actually say something about it?
I'm simply pointing out that when you select a crazy person to be the spokes person for your argument the argument instantly loses credibility.

Michelle Bachman is a crazy person.
__________________
_____________________________________
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2009, 02:01 PM   #12
bolinp78
G35 convertee
bolinp78's Avatar
51
Rep
1,009
Posts

Drives: 2008 335i (AW)
Join Date: May 2008
Location: .

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKsBimmer View Post
I'm simply pointing out that when you select a crazy person to be the spokes person for your argument the argument instantly loses credibility.

Michelle Bachman is a crazy person.
I would say that yes, you are correct when someone is up in public purely stating their opinion about something...

My issue with your "crazy person" defense is that you already have her pegged as a "crazy person" in your mind, and so now nothing that she says will have any merit to you at all, even if it makes sense.

The point remains that you are still failing to adequately respond to the points that were made in the video. IMO, that's fine if you don't want to respond at all, but to come out and call her a crazy person and nothing else, makes you look pretty silly.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2009, 02:08 PM   #13
BKsBimmer
Lieutenant Colonel
BKsBimmer's Avatar
69
Rep
1,645
Posts

Drives: 2006 330xi Titanium Silver
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: USA / Silver Spring, Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 330xi  [5.00]
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolinp78 View Post
I would say that yes, you are correct when someone is up in public purely stating their opinion about something...

My issue with your "crazy person" defense is that you already have her pegged as a "crazy person" in your mind, and so now nothing that she says will have any merit to you at all, even if it makes sense.
Correct. I believe she is a nutjob.


Quote:
Originally Posted by bolinp78 View Post
The point remains that you are still failing to adequately respond to the points that were made in the video. IMO, that's fine if you don't want to respond at all, but to come out and call her a crazy person and nothing else, makes you look pretty silly.
If you think I'm silly that's fine. You are entitled to your opinion. I think it's pretty silly to use someone with no credibility to make a point you obviously feel strongly about. I purposely didn't offer a response to the argument because that would only dignify the rantings of a crazy person. I refuse to do that.
__________________
_____________________________________
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2009, 02:11 PM   #14
shpirate87
Captain
20
Rep
706
Posts

Drives: 335ix
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NJ

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKsBimmer View Post
I'm simply pointing out that when you select a crazy person to be the spokes person for your argument the argument instantly loses credibility.

Michelle Bachman is a crazy person.
I notice you still have not addressed her argument.

Pathetic
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2009, 02:31 PM   #15
bolinp78
G35 convertee
bolinp78's Avatar
51
Rep
1,009
Posts

Drives: 2008 335i (AW)
Join Date: May 2008
Location: .

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKsBimmer View Post
Correct. I believe she is a nutjob.




If you think I'm silly that's fine. You are entitled to your opinion. I think it's pretty silly to use someone with no credibility to make a point you obviously feel strongly about. I purposely didn't offer a response to the argument because that would only dignify the rantings of a crazy person. I refuse to do that.
So if I found a video of someone else saying essentially the same thing as she did, would you deem that person as crazy? Because there are plenty of people out there that have been saying the same thing in a slightly different way for quite some time..... So why don't you save me the 5 minutes to find one and just respond to the video?

Or you could just keep posting nonsense. Each time you post, again and again, without responding to the OP, ...

.... man, do I have to keep saying this over and over?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2009, 07:13 PM   #16
Septro
Banned
48
Rep
1,649
Posts

Drives: '08 e90 335xi
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: C-Bus, OH

iTrader: (1)

I wouldn't even bother with him.. he can't respond because moveon.org or keith olbermann haven't told him what to say. He claims Bachmann is a nutjob but he'll take whatever Chris Matthews or Olbermann says as gospel - hilarious.

The argument is strong against the intrusion of government on a scale unprecendented in our history. These two-face democrats screamed like 12 year old girl when they accused Bush of intruding in the private lives via the Foreign Surveillance program.. yet they bend over porno-style for Obama to take the keys from their car, turn off their light switch, take their temperature with a gov't thermometer all the while pulling more money out their wallet so that a minority handicapped 3 legged transvestite hispanic midget who's on welfare can get more money, to essentially, stay on welfare.

Its great when libs try to defend the indefensible.. its a comedy hour.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2009, 08:25 PM   #17
NoKids
Major
NoKids's Avatar
169
Rep
1,343
Posts

Drives: ...
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Ottawa

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboFan View Post
Wake up folks, you've elected a tyrant with a steel fist in a velvet glove -Does this not bother anyone??? WTF.
it pisses me off! This guy is trampling the constitution that so many died to protect, and nobody can stop him because the media is in love with him. we are all getting screwed! Somebody needs to do their patriotic duty for the nation and take him out. does anybody have a SR-25 and a silencer so we can free the Republic from this Socialist/Marxist Hitler and his socialist agenda to enslave us all. VIVA LA REVOLUTION!!!

WHO'S WITH ME!!!??????
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2009, 11:38 PM   #18
Septro
Banned
48
Rep
1,649
Posts

Drives: '08 e90 335xi
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: C-Bus, OH

iTrader: (1)

^ You need to seriously check yourself. Communicating a threat over the internet is just as bad as doing it in person (even as a joke). Don't let your e-Thuggery get bigger than your britches or you will find yourself in a shitload of trouble.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2009, 11:42 PM   #19
TurboFan
Ski bum
TurboFan's Avatar
166
Rep
6,208
Posts

Drives: sideways
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Knee deep in the pow

iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoKids View Post
it pisses me off! This guy is trampling the constitution that so many died to protect, and nobody can stop him because the media is in love with him. we are all getting screwed! Somebody needs to do their patriotic duty for the nation and take him out. does anybody have a SR-25 and a silencer so we can free the Republic from this Socialist/Marxist Hitler and his socialist agenda to enslave us all. VIVA LA REVOLUTION!!!

WHO'S WITH ME!!!??????
+2

Keep posting like that, the rest of us may take great delight in what happens to you next.
__________________

1999 e46 328i Ti Silver / Black[retired]
2007 e90 335xi Jet Black / Black[retired]
2011 e70 X5 35d Vermillion Red / Cinnamon
2011 e92 M3 LeMans / Fox Red extended
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2009, 10:14 AM   #20
NoKids
Major
NoKids's Avatar
169
Rep
1,343
Posts

Drives: ...
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Ottawa

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboFan View Post
+2

Keep posting like that, the rest of us may take great delight in what happens to you next.
i was just paraphrasing what you whiney republicans have been saying in CODE WORDS.

everyone knows what you're trying to say, dont be shy, say it.

everyone knows what you'd like to do, dont' be shy, do it.

secret service will pwn your ass ftmfw.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2009, 10:49 AM   #21
Septro
Banned
48
Rep
1,649
Posts

Drives: '08 e90 335xi
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: C-Bus, OH

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoKids View Post
i was just paraphrasing what you whiney republicans have been saying in CODE WORDS.

everyone knows what you're trying to say, dont be shy, say it.

everyone knows what you'd like to do, dont' be shy, do it.

secret service will pwn your ass ftmfw.
I swear some of the libs here are halfwits. Words mean something, so even though this would be standard fare for typical democratic argumentation to stuff meaning where none exists, re-read what was posted.

Your sorry attempt for a joke was immediately corrected by the same folks your feebly attempting to indict - conservatives.

I've seen folks argue their own position away before but this is exemplary.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2009, 10:59 AM   #22
NoKids
Major
NoKids's Avatar
169
Rep
1,343
Posts

Drives: ...
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Ottawa

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Septro View Post
I swear some of the libs here are halfwits. Words mean something, so even though this would be standard fare for typical democratic argumentation to stuff meaning where none exists, re-read what was posted.

Your sorry attempt for a joke was immediately corrected by the same folks your feebly attempting to indict - conservatives.

I've seen folks argue their own position away before but this is exemplary.

your you're

words do indeed mean something.
__________________
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:41 PM.




bmw
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST