BMW i
Forum for the BMW i3, i4 and i8
BMW i3 BMW i8
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

BMW i Forums > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

07-04-2009, 01:24 AM   #23
sayemthree
Major General
Rep
Drives: bmw

how do all these nut jobs get allected? BAchman, Pelosi, Barney Frank? amazing?
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2009, 09:32 AM   #24
Mighty M
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 M3 Jerez/FR Manual

Senators and congressmen pulling political favors for wealthy supporters that contribute to their campaigns. This is not news. Thats what these guys do for a living. Since the beginning. Military and government contracts, banking, real estate, etc., etc. You guys ever heard of lobby groups by chance? There's one for just about every form of business out there. Foreign countries even have them.

Money has run this country for a long time. Its the biggest kitty in the world, and its a business unto itself getting money and favors out of it.
      07-04-2009, 10:53 AM   #25
bolinp78
G35 convertee
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i (AW)

I came back to this thread after a while, and I find it absolutely hilarious that after two pages of responses, not one addresses the original video properly.

amazing.
      07-04-2009, 11:26 AM   #26
Mighty M
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 M3 Jerez/FR Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolinp78 View Post
I came back to this thread after a while, and I find it absolutely hilarious that after two pages of responses, not one addresses the original video properly.

amazing.

Here, I'll satisfy your need for a 10th grade response:

OMG I am shocked and appalled. I was taught in high school that this country is a democracy. And that we are the righteous. I thought our elected legislators were there in Washington DC as represenatives of the whole country, and to pass laws that make everyone and everything better. Its unbelievable that a senator would use his power to single out and assist one of his constituents. That does not happen in my version of America.
      07-04-2009, 03:33 PM   #27
Heinzftw
Major
Rep
Drives: 2000 Civic+2008 Accord

It is true. Most liberals are pretty much useless, but there are a select few who actually have some intelligence. Although by no means am I a straight as an arrow democrat, the bigger half of me does. But, I believe that this video is somewhat true. Her examples were obviously democrats which was kind of funny. Through her rhetoric you couldn't really absorb much that was said, but on the main topic "Gangster government" I believe that it's true.
I don't much like that woman at all though! Lib or Conservative shes still a great example of the type of people that get elected into office.

-█--------█-
Appreciate 0