Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW i4 Forum - i430, i440 (G26) EV Forum BMW i4 Forum - M50, eDrive40, eDrive35 (G26) EV Forum

08-16-2021, 09:36 PM   #67
John-M007
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X5 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstick View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by John-M007 View Post
Currently, the dealers are processing all the X5 45e, 330e, 530e, and X3 30e. If you lease, BMWFS will not give you the $7,500 tax credit nor you be able to apply for it. Several managers at the several dealers told me BMWFS will not pass your tax credit to you. They are frustrated because people are getting smart and pulling out.
If that is the reality, I would probably demur as well. Just to share more detail on what I was told. Because BMWFS is the legal buyer/owner, they cannot assign the tax credit to anyone else. Instead, I was told, the $7500 would be credited against the vehicle price and BMWFS would continue to claim the credit on their corporate tax return. If that is the case, and if it is true as I was told, I would not be surprised that ignorance and/or deception was happening on the showroom floor. The dealers may have found a way to withhold the credit and not roll it into the deal at their discretion as the independent franchisee. I've experienced enough of both of those with salespeople to consider it a reasonable possibility in this case. With nothing to lose, I still advise calling BMWFS to confirm the policy before heading to a showroom. There's no downside to doing so.
Negotiations and the tax credit are separate and independent from one another.

By law, the tax credit must be itemized as such on a lease contract smilrar to your registration fee, documation fee, tire fee, etc.

You are right. Since BMWFS is the legal owner they will get the credit, but the law says that they need to pass that credit to the consumer as it was intended by law.

Unfortunately, BMW is holding on to that money. The dealers have no access to the tax credit.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2021, 10:17 PM   #68
nosnoop
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 5 Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by John-M007 View Post
BMW will NOT Pass the $7,500 Federal Tax Credits and Incentives for New All-Electric and Plug-in Hybrid Vehicles to the customers.
John: why are you spamming?
You posted the same message 20x in different sub-forums!!!!
Seriously?
Appreciate 1
TF24.50