10-29-2022, 08:01 PM   #6668
paquet
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i M Sport etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Organizedchaos View Post
Any collectors in Mass? Have a 1992 Colt Sporter lightweight 6520 green label unfired I don't want.
Sadly, not Mass
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2022, 09:01 PM   #6669
Fly320s
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Car

Garage List
2020 BMW M2C  [5.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by paquet View Post
Sadly, not Mass
You can ship it.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2022, 12:51 PM   #6670
chris_1001
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M340i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly320s View Post
You can ship it.
It's worth more in MA than out of MA.
      10-31-2022, 01:12 PM   #6671
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Anyone have any suggestions on a barrel mount for a tac light? Originally I was going to just get a tac light to mount on a picatinny rail. But I'm thinking that location would cause an unwanted shadow especially since I'm planning on putting on a suppressor on the barrel. The barrel is 16" for a 300 blackout build. Hand guard is 7" with the gas block set accordingly.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2022, 03:29 PM   #6672
Fly320s
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Car

Garage List
2020 BMW M2C  [5.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
Anyone have any suggestions on a barrel mount for a tac light? Originally I was going to just get a tac light to mount on a picatinny rail. But I'm thinking that location would cause an unwanted shadow especially since I'm planning on putting on a suppressor on the barrel. The barrel is 16" for a 300 blackout build. Hand guard is 7" with the gas block set accordingly.

Thanks.
Shadowing isn't a big problem. You'll get enough spill and bounce that you'll be able to see into the shadow. And you can move your rifle around to see better.

Also, a 16 inch .300BO? That cartridged was designed to work well in an eight inch barrel.
Appreciate 2
Todd0131379.50
zx10guy5149.50
      10-31-2022, 08:06 PM   #6673
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly320s View Post
Shadowing isn't a big problem. You'll get enough spill and bounce that you'll be able to see into the shadow. And you can move your rifle around to see better.

Also, a 16 inch .300BO? That cartridged was designed to work well in an eight inch barrel.
Unfortunately, I have to work with what is allowed where I am.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2022, 04:22 AM   #6674
SRod321
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 Comp

Garage List
2017 M3  [8.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiza View Post
Some cheap pos, getting replaced with a sig Romeo
I mounted the Romeo with the Juliet Magnifier, love the setup!
Appreciate 2
Shiza1194.50
paquet629.50
      11-01-2022, 10:55 AM   #6675
Torgus
Slow.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Single Turbo N54 on Meth!

Garage List
2007 BMW E92  [10.00]
2007 BMW E90  [0.00]
2006 BMW E91  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Organizedchaos View Post
Any collectors in Mass? Have a 1992 Colt Sporter lightweight 6520 green label unfired I don't want.
I sent you a PM
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2022, 04:27 PM   #6676
unluky
Major
Rep
Drives: 04 z4 3.0 Sport & 15 X5 35i XD

Garage List
Get this shit - just crossed the year mark waiting for my suppressor to be approved. Was hoping for it by deer season - which is the 12th. Me and my boss applied at the same time on the same day at the same place. Lets just say my youth record is better than his, so we joked his might take 5 years.

He gets a call yesterday - his is in. I was like WTF? So I told him when he went to pick it up - ask them about mine - they know us. They said "yeah when yours came in, we looked his up and it was approved 10-21 - five days before yours - and mailed. Never arrived so we called and BATF said "yeah, it happens.......if it does not arrive in 45 days we will reissue" and so we just have to wait till then."

My god I hate the post office right now.............#JusyMyLuck
DrFerry6728.50
      11-03-2022, 09:14 AM   #6677
///d
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 35d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by unluky View Post
Get this shit - just crossed the year mark waiting for my suppressor to be approved. Was hoping for it by deer season - which is the 12th. Me and my boss applied at the same time on the same day at the same place. Lets just say my youth record is better than his, so we joked his might take 5 years.

He gets a call yesterday - his is in. I was like WTF? So I told him when he went to pick it up - ask them about mine - they know us. They said "yeah when yours came in, we looked his up and it was approved 10-21 - five days before yours - and mailed. Never arrived so we called and BATF said "yeah, it happens.......if it does not arrive in 45 days we will reissue" and so we just have to wait till then."

My god I hate the post office right now.............#JusyMyLuck
I'm still waiting on my electronic submission approval from April. They bragged and bragged about a 90 day approval window that never happened. But I know I'm not the only one still waiting that electronically filed, so I guess that makes me feel a little better.

My Diesel Information Thread | My Wheels, Tires, and Fitment Thread | My Teardrop Camper Build | My F15 Suspension Lift Thread
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2022, 09:41 AM   #6678
Nuckle
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 Defender X

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///d View Post
I'm still waiting on my electronic submission approval from April. They bragged and bragged about a 90 day approval window that never happened. But I know I'm not the only one still waiting that electronically filed, so I guess that makes me feel a little better.
My efile was done in March and I am still waiting. Was also sold on the idea of 90 days. Hunting season will be here in 16 days. I have lost hope of hunting suppressed this year.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2022, 08:31 AM   #6679
unluky
Major
Rep
Drives: 04 z4 3.0 Sport & 15 X5 35i XD

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///d View Post
Shockingly - it showed up the next day. I figured it was lost for sure. 395 days from application to in my hands. Stupidest thing in the world.
Attached Images

///d1820.00
vreihen1615277.00
Dang3r12512.00
      11-04-2022, 09:44 AM   #6680
jamesinaz
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 2017 540i

Garage List
Quote:
Shockingly - it showed up the next day. I figured it was lost for sure. 395 days from application to in my hands. Stupidest thing in the world.
Yup. Crazy system. My first foray into NFA was on 9/6/2001. Yup. A week before 9/11. And of course part of buying was getting an FBI background check. Well they were kinda busy for a while due to the attack. It took 18 months for me to actually receive my property.

I also read a story about a guy who purchased an NFA weapon, and while it was in possession of the FFL, the FFL went under. His property was never delivered to him and his bill of sale meant nothing to the US government. But that's another story.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2022, 10:12 AM   #6681
Watching The World Burn
Lengthy but not a Girthy Member
Rep
Drives: 1971 Honda Civic

Quote:
Quit whining. Clearly, the stupidest thing in the world is not being able to get one. At least that's not you. So think of all Canadians and realize you're better off from that perspective at least.

TBH though, I wouldn't want the same second amendment right in Canada anyways, I think it has led to a lot of problems, one that is now extremely difficult to do anything about effectively, given it has reached basically critical mass.

What I would like to see in Canada, is it be a lot more difficult to obtain a firearm's license, with a lot more focus on safety, but if you pass, a lot less restriction on what you can and can not do. Suppressors for one. I would very much like to have one. I'd like a lot of the platforms you guys have to be available here too. I'd like to be able to carry a pistol if I wanted to if I go hunting as a backup. I don't really want to have to go from home to gun range directly and then right back with no stops along a direct route if I wish to shoot my pistol. Etc.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2022, 10:28 AM   #6682
jamesinaz
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watching The World Burn View Post
Quit whining. Clearly, the stupidest thing in the world is not being able to get one. At least that's not you. So think of all Canadians and realize you're better off from that perspective at least.

TBH though, I wouldn't want the same second amendment right in Canada anyways, I think it has led to a lot of problems, one that is now extremely difficult to do anything about effectively, given it has reached basically critical mass.

What I would like to see in Canada, is it be a lot more difficult to obtain a firearm's license, with a lot more focus on safety, but if you pass, a lot less restriction on what you can and can not do. Suppressors for one. I would very much like to have one. I'd like a lot of the platforms you guys have to be available here too. I'd like to be able to carry a pistol if I wanted to if I go hunting as a backup. I don't really want to have to go from home to gun range directly and then right back with no stops along a direct route if I wish to shoot my pistol. Etc.
Kind of a weird post. First you castigate someone for whining about a massive delay to exercise a right that you don't even have and want, then you wouldn't want the 2nd A in Canada anyway. Then complain about the strict stupid laws preventing you from carrying a handgun.

Seriously. The 2nd A is WHY we don't have as many stupid laws as Canada. And it isn't the reason for any problems we have in the USA.
Appreciate 3
paquet629.50
DrFerry6728.50
      11-04-2022, 10:55 AM   #6683
Watching The World Burn
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesinaz View Post
Kind of a weird post. First you castigate someone for whining about a massive delay to exercise a right that you don't even have and want, then you wouldn't want the 2nd A in Canada anyway. Then complain about the strict stupid laws preventing you from carrying a handgun.

Seriously. The 2nd A is WHY we don't have as many stupid laws as Canada. And it isn't the reason for any problems we have in the USA.
Ok, the "quit whining" part was more tongue in cheek than anything else, I thought my jealousy at the suppressor option was going to make that obvious, but perhaps not. Its easy to assume your point will be taken in the way you thought you wrote it, but it isn't necessarily so. No castigation meant.

But to your second point I don't believe I said it is the reason for any of the problems you have, but I think it has LED to a number of the problems you have. A firearm in and of itself is nothing more than some materials constructed together to serve a purpose and it is not dangerous unless it is misused. Same thing for vehicles, etc.

But the various socioeconomic factors present in the States (of which they also exist up here, partially to a smaller degree given a lower population) coupled with the easy availability to obtain a firearm (2A) when you want to do something about it vs the potentially more difficult options (vehicles say) is why I think it has LED to a lot of the problems.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2022, 02:47 PM   #6684
jamesinaz
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Ok, the "quit whining" part was more tongue in cheek than anything else, I thought my jealousy at the suppressor option was going to make that obvious, but perhaps not. Its easy to assume your point will be taken in the way you thought you wrote it, but it isn't necessarily so. No castigation meant.

But to your second point I don't believe I said it is the reason for any of the problems you have, but I think it has LED to a number of the problems you have. A firearm in and of itself is nothing more than some materials constructed together to serve a purpose and it is not dangerous unless it is misused. Same thing for vehicles, etc.

But the various socioeconomic factors present in the States (of which they also exist up here, partially to a smaller degree given a lower population) coupled with the easy availability to obtain a firearm (2A) when you want to do something about it vs the potentially more difficult options (vehicles say) is why I think it has LED to a lot of the problems.
OK. My back is killing me and I'm a bit fiesty.

Look I think the 2nd hasn't changed anything, and I get a bit sensitive when a non US citizen opines on the subject. We have problems no doubt. But IMO our murder rate would be unchanged if we adopted the same laws as the UK or Canada. In fact I believe it would worsen as the criminals will not give up their guns. The innocents would suffer more.
Appreciate 4
      11-04-2022, 04:12 PM   #6685
Watching The World Burn
Rep

Quote:
OK. My back is killing me and I'm a bit fiesty.

Look I think the 2nd hasn't changed anything, and I get a bit sensitive when a non US citizen opines on the subject. We have problems no doubt. But IMO our murder rate would be unchanged if we adopted the same laws as the UK or Canada. In fact I believe it would worsen as the criminals will not give up their guns. The innocents would suffer more.
All good, I understand both the physical pain aspect and the sensitivity to outsiders opining on something they don't live in on a day to day basis, and just reacting as a result, I've reacted the same many times. Plus, I have back pain myself, so I truly feel you on that one, though currently it has been pretty minimal.

I do agree with you that you adopting same laws as us wouldn't do a thing, as I mentioned before, its basically critical mass, and the only people that will be affected by a new law would be those who are law abiding in the first place. Its why Trudeau's penchant for outlawing certain guns (meanwhile getting rid of minimum sentences for gun crimes) drives me a little crazy - it doesn't do anything except make things more difficult on people who were already following the law in the first place and imposing less penalties on people who are actually CRIMINALS.
Appreciate 1
jamesinaz1646.50
      11-04-2022, 06:47 PM   #6686
jamesinaz
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
All good, I understand both the physical pain aspect and the sensitivity to outsiders opining on something they don't live in on a day to day basis, and just reacting as a result, I've reacted the same many times. Plus, I have back pain myself, so I truly feel you on that one, though currently it has been pretty minimal.

I do agree with you that you adopting same laws as us wouldn't do a thing, as I mentioned before, its basically critical mass, and the only people that will be affected by a new law would be those who are law abiding in the first place. Its why Trudeau's penchant for outlawing certain guns (meanwhile getting rid of minimum sentences for gun crimes) drives me a little crazy - it doesn't do anything except make things more difficult on people who were already following the law in the first place and imposing less penalties on people who are actually CRIMINALS.
It's all good. Has there ever been any studies done in Canada from before and after more stringent laws were passed? I know in the USA with the 200 million firearms we already have it's a waste of time just wonder if it helped up there.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2022, 08:53 AM   #6687
Torgus
Slow.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Single Turbo N54 on Meth!

Garage List
2007 BMW E92  [10.00]
2007 BMW E90  [0.00]
2006 BMW E91  [0.00]
Quote:
Its why Trudeau's penchant for outlawing certain guns (meanwhile getting rid of minimum sentences for gun crimes) drives me a little crazy - it doesn't do anything except make things more difficult on people who were already following the law in the first place and imposing less penalties on people who are actually CRIMINALS.
This happens everywhere which is what is so bat shit insane. Take away the ability or make it very hard and expensive to legally own firearms. Why? Legal firearm owners are NOT the issue. NEVER have been. It is the criminals and what blows my fucking mind is politicians never can get through their fucking brain that criminals BREAK laws, not abide by them.

2.3% of guns used in violent crime come from retail sources. Source and Use of Firearms Involved in Crimes: Survey of Prison Inmates, Bureau of Justice Statistics, 2016

Fucking idiots.
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25107.50
      11-07-2022, 09:19 AM   #6688
Watching The World Burn
Rep

Quote:
It's all good. Has there ever been any studies done in Canada from before and after more stringent laws were passed? I know in the USA with the 200 million firearms we already have it's a waste of time just wonder if it helped up there.
I'm not aware of any off hand, though I suppose certain studies were done which resulted in them deciding the long gun registry was a waste of resources....at least the Conservatives thought so and got rid of it. Good old Liberals have essentially brought it back in recently though. Fricking tards.

Going to try to go pheasant hunting tomorrow. If I'm shooting at them, they'll live. If the guy I'm going with is shooting at them, we'll have pheasant to take home.
Appreciate 1
Torgus3781.50