BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board

04-20-2020, 01:49 PM   #67
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

I have gaters that I use when I go fishing, for sun protection.

The other morning was a bit chilly, and without a mask I would see my breath in the air. Then I put on the gater and guess what? I could STILL see my breath in the air.

But hey, nobody is mask shaming me now. . .
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2020, 02:00 PM   #68
MPOWER5266
Major
Rep
Drives: 1997 Dinan m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post

The other morning was a bit chilly, and without a mask I would see my breath in the air. Then I put on the gater and guess what? I could STILL see my breath in the air.

You think mask shaming is bad, turn down hand sanitizer and you will become a social pariah. I stopped at a gas station to get beer Friday, I checked out and the girl working the register held up a bottle ready to squirt me. I said, "no thanks." but she kept insisting. I finally said, "I am fine, I dont want any. I am going to wash my hands when I get home." Everyone with in ear shot looked at me like a monster.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2020, 04:15 PM   #69
flybigjet
Remove Before Flight
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C & Boeing's light twin

Attached Images

Appreciate 1
jmg18658.50
      04-20-2020, 04:43 PM   #70
Kolyan2k
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2006 S2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by aozer View Post
pretty fucking selfish. the mask isnt to protect you, it is to protect everyone else.

you may be a carrier without any symptoms, so maybe you should man up and deal with the itching.
What the fuck, read WHO recommendations. Even if they have mask recommendations its like the last thing you can do not to spread the virus. And if you are stupid enough not to follow everything else, it would make no difference if you have mask or not. The chances of spreading virus just by air through nose breathing are very low, the chances of spreading virus by dirty hands is high. What's not to get here?
Masks are not required here, even cops don't wear them in stores

Last edited by Kolyan2k; 04-20-2020 at 09:01 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2020, 04:53 PM   #71
avantegardestyle
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 ///M3 SG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyan2k View Post
What the fuck, read WHO recommendations. Even if they have mask recommendations its like the last thing you can do not to spread the virus. And if you are stupid enough not to follow everything else, it would make no difference if you have mask or not. The chances of spreading virus just by air through nose breathing are very low, the changes of spreading virus by dirty hand is high. What's not to get here?
you are the one who doesn't get it. and sensible people don't have time to try and persuade people like you....……..
if you cannot see the holes in the very reasoning you presented here, then what is the point?
Appreciate 1
      04-20-2020, 05:41 PM   #72
aozer
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
What the fuck, read WHO recommendations. Even if they have mask recommendations its like the last thing you can do not to spread the virus. And if you are stupid enough not to follow everything else, it would make no difference if you have mask or not. The chances of spreading virus just by air through nose breathing are very low, the changes of spreading virus by dirty hand is high. What's not to get here?
cool, keep being selfish just because you cant handle a little itch on your face. what a baby.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2020, 05:43 PM   #73
aozer
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:

no fucking shit. if it stopped air from passing through you wouldnt be able to breath, genius.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2020, 05:46 PM   #74
Kolyan2k
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by avantegardestyle View Post
you are the one who doesn't get it. and sensible people don't have time to try and persuade people like you....……..
if you cannot see the holes in the very reasoning you presented here, then what is the point?
I dont know whats your background....i see that you are selling masks. I am just following the directions from several health officials. And again, masks are not required here. I would still wear one, but per docs advice I personally was told not to
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2020, 07:16 PM   #75
smyles
Major
Rep
Drives: '21 X5

How long before we hear stories of hoarders stuck with loads of masks nobody wants?
Appreciate 2
MPOWER52664753.00
Todd0131379.50
      04-20-2020, 07:29 PM   #76
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by aozer View Post
Quote:

no fucking shit. if it stopped air from passing through you wouldnt be able to breath, genius.
It was the vapor I saw that wasn't being blocked. The warm, moist (viral) air passed right thru then condensed in the cold just past my face
      04-20-2020, 08:31 PM   #77
avantegardestyle
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 ///M3 SG

Quote:
I dont know whats your background....i see that you are selling masks. I am just following the directions from several health officials. And again, masks are not required here. I would still wear one, but per docs advice I personally was told not to
I'm someone who knows a lot of doctors and professionals talk rubbush, so while I respect their credentials I do my research.
I had ambitions to attend med school, met all the qualifications, and didn't for financial reasons.
I became a fashion designer, and while at it worked for a company that revolutionized the Military Supply industry by redesigning body armour, creating fabrics such as multicam etc etc etc.
I know how to do research and design, its my work for over 15 years.

I did the research, and I designed masks that work, not because money was involved only, but because I wanted to be a part of saving lives and keeping people safe.

We sell them, but we also have donated to NYPD officers, to Hospitals, to Nursing homes, to the homeless, to FedEx and UPS and USPS workers. who are all happier and to some degree safer because if what we do...……

When I see unlearned contrarians, who parrot poltical talk framed as science because we are a nation embarrses to accept the trith I laugh.

here is some truth, this mess started in China, but China is the country profiting the MOST from this, because they are he biggest manufacturers of PPE, of the test kids and all the other stuff needed to fight this pandemic.
Billions of dollars are leaving western counties and going into the pockets of Chinese businessmen and the Chinese government from this.

What the government should have done3, can still do and is not doing, is take this monopoly from 3M of manufacturing N95 grade masks, open up the market, and fund companies who are interested in bringing good products to market that keep people safe

Stop using propaganda to con people into believing lies that lead to death.....

One thing is certain, we have not scratched he surface of the economic and sociopolitical fallout that is to come. our entire society will need to be realigned and reorganize after this mess.
you think that 1200 stimulus is the only thing to government is gonna have to give people?

there is gonna have to be BIGGER stimulus, and more REGULAR stimulus,
Because there is gonna be some real questions as to "who is your daddy"

Oil just dropped to below zero...……..lots more things are gonna drop, 3 to 5 years before we see some normalcy after this
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2020, 08:36 PM   #78
smyles
Major
Rep
Drives: '21 X5

Oil is not below 0. Thus alone makes it hard to take your fearmongering seriously.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2020, 08:58 PM   #79
Kolyan2k
Major General
Rep

As far as your point on economics...i am no expert here, but do like to listen to one very respected economics professor from France. He is saying we could start recovering as soon as 3rd quarter and 2021 will be a normal growing year. No negative outlook on real estate either, still can't buy a house without bidding like 10% over asking
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2020, 01:33 AM   #80
AlpineWhite_SJ
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ZCP, 2020 F97 X3MC

I wasn’t pro-mask by any means because I read a few of the studies on their effectiveness outside of N95s in preventing things. I do believe there will be a bunch of people who catch it despite wearing them because they don’t use common sense while wearing them (touching their mask, wearing it wrong, taking it off wrong, not washing their hands after touching it), it makes them feel protected and they do riskier things, and the non-N95s can’t block the particles 100%.

That said, I wear the mask in crowded areas where I can’t space. It’s a hassle cause it fogs my glasses up and it’s hot, but it’s a minor inconvenience to not get the stink eye or some tweaked out paranoid person in your face over it. Minute I’m back to the car, it’s off and stowed in the same spot.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2020, 02:00 AM   #81
Dog Face Pony Soldier
2006 TIME Person Of The Year
United_States
Rep
Drives: M Sport 335i

Garage List
2014 335i  [9.74]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineWhite_SJ View Post
I wear the mask in crowded areas where I can't space. It's a hassle cause it fogs my glasses up and it's hot, but it's a minor inconvenience to not get the stink eye or some tweaked out paranoid person in your face over it. Minute I'm back to the car, it's off and stowed in the same spot.
Same here.
I'm only putting it on where legally required to enter a store.