05-23-2017, 01:20 AM   #23
Emon Crew
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16' crystal white i8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaretto View Post
It depends on which changes you want to make. The IDrive Names and images are static. Coding just modifies various colors for 6 groups.
Ok so in coding for the lights, how exactly is this done? When you say the images and names are static, does that mean that the iDrive menu does not show other colors besides white, orange and blue...and that coding will replace one of these colors with either red, pink, green, etc...?

Ive got my cable and installed Esys, generated the token and I'm just about ready to get started. Will probably work on it tomorrow seeing as how it's late now and I'd also like to start with a fresh clear mind.

One more question if you don't mind, how do we create a save file for initial (untouched factory) settings that we can revert to, should we create some sort of error?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2017, 01:25 AM   #24
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emon Crew View Post
Ok so in coding for the lights, how exactly is this done? When you say the images and names are static, does that mean that the iDrive menu does not show other colors besides white, orange and blue...and that coding will replace one of these colors with either red, pink, green, etc...?

One more question if you don't mind, how do we create a save file for initial (untouched factory) settings that we can revert to, should we create some sort of error?

Thanks
IDrive images/text are unchanged. But, what each selection represents can (eg, all white = lilac). So, you just have to remember what each means.

Fxx, Ixx, & Gxx Series Coding: Latest Software, Guides, and Tips - see section 6
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2017, 07:01 AM   #25
stressdoc
Dominica
Rep
Drives: BMW i8; Toy 4runner TRD pro

Almaretto, thanks for being such a helpful contributing member.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2017, 10:08 AM   #26
ChiTownM
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M and i BMWs

I really appreciate everybody's input on this forum about this topic. I have been thinking about coding for quite some time since I have multiple BMWs. Where do you buy your cable, anybody we trust on this forum? Any best practices I should follow.....guidance appreciated. Which coding forum should I follow instead of posting here possibly?
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2017, 01:30 PM   #27
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stressdoc View Post
Almaretto, thanks for being such a helpful contributing member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTownM View Post
I really appreciate everybody's input on this forum about this topic. I have been thinking about coding for quite some time since I have multiple BMWs. Where do you buy your cable, anybody we trust on this forum? Any best practices I should follow.....guidance appreciated. Which coding forum should I follow instead of posting here possibly?
There are no brands. Just buy from seller with good rating.

Guides and software are linked above in my post.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2017, 03:27 PM   #28
Emon Crew
Private
United_States
Rep

So I've tried connecting after the 48hr period from installing however when esys launches via esys launcher, I see that it says esys premium generated via token master etc.. on the top of esys however when trying to choose the car the menu only says "ALL" and won't allow me to choose the i012 for our i8's. Am I doing something wrong here?
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2017, 03:35 PM   #29
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
So I've tried connecting after the 48hr period from installing however when esys launches via esys launcher, I see that it says esys premium generated via token master etc.. on the top of esys however when trying to choose the car the menu only says "ALL" and won't allow me to choose the i012 for our i8's. Am I doing something wrong here?
I001 psdzdata covers I001/I012

if target window is empty, either you do not have PSdZ installed or done incorrectly.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2017, 04:46 PM   #30
Emon Crew
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I001 psdzdata covers I001/I012

if target window is empty, either you do not have PSdZ installed or done incorrectly.
You're right, I had the psdzdata installed inside an additional folder, I removed that and it worked.

Now for some reason my Alarm keeps going off whenever I try to lock the car. I didn't mess with any alarm settings to my knowledge, just the seatbelt warnings, mirror/window fold down and tried to change the ambient lighting from white to hellrot. Anyone have any ideas on why this may be happening?

Last edited by Emon Crew; 05-26-2017 at 06:04 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2017, 06:29 PM   #31
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
You're right, I had the psdzdata installed inside an additional folder, I removed that and it worked.

Now for some reason my Alarm keeps going off whenever I try to lock the car. I didn't mess with any alarm settings to my knowledge, just the seatbelt warnings, mirror/window fold down and tried to change the ambient lighting from white to hellrot. Anyone have any ideas on why this may be happening?

If something is plugged into OBDII port and you lock car ==> alarm off.
You can disable in FZD module.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2017, 07:22 PM   #32
Emon Crew
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:

lol seriously you're the man! fixed the alarm but I cant get the ambient lighting to change. the value was set to blue and i changed it to hellrot but now no accent lights show up even when changing on the idrive display. Any idea on this one?
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2017, 08:15 PM   #33
skinrock
Agent Smith
Rep
Drives: 2016 i8

Garage List
2016 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:

lol seriously you're the man! fixed the alarm but I cant get the ambient lighting to change. the value was set to blue and i changed it to hellrot but now no accent lights show up even when changing on the idrive display. Any idea on this one?
You have to wait for a sleep/power down cycle. I just shut off the car and come back in 15-30 minutes.
      05-26-2017, 10:50 PM   #34
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
My guess would be you selected "Code" rather than "Code FDL." Other than that, it would be more guesses without additional info.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2017, 05:17 PM   #35
Emon Crew
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinrock View Post
You have to wait for a sleep/power down cycle. I just shut off the car and come back in 15-30 minutes.
yup thats exactly what it turned out to be. Saw this over on an i3 forums as well. Thanks for all the help so far guys
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2017, 11:05 PM   #36
Emon Crew
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Pretty cool that you can mix and match the 3 different layers, too.

Here are some crappy iPhone pics. The sensor doesn't pick up the colors very well, especially red and yellow.

The blue is just a different "blue". I believe it's the Light Blue. The Ice Blue seems a bit duller, like a matte blue. The second one is actually Yellow. The third is Red (I believe the Bright Red version). The others are pretty obvious I think
Have you been able to have changed the blue, white, orange to 3 different colors (for e.g. blue to hellrot, white to green, orange to violet) or is it just static to one color? I've tried but I can only get one at a time for some reason.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2017, 11:47 PM   #37
skinrock
Agent Smith
Rep
Drives: 2016 i8

Garage List
2016 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Have you been able to have changed the blue, white, orange to 3 different colors (for e.g. blue to hellrot, white to green, orange to violet) or is it just static to one color? I've tried but I can only get one at a time for some reason.
Huh? There are 6 groups/sets, each has 3 layers (Dash, Door, Floor). Each group can have its own combination of any variety of colors. There is a pic of purple and pink on together at the same time.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2017, 01:27 AM   #38
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
There is separate FDL for Dome | Dash / Doors / Floors. So, you can either choose the same color for the last three or mix and match.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2017, 12:49 AM   #39
Emon Crew
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Huh? There are 6 groups/sets, each has 3 layers (Dash, Door, Floor). Each group can have its own combination of any variety of colors. There is a pic of purple and pink on together at the same time.
I figured out what I was doing wrong. I kept coding the first ensamble only thinking that it was static to whatever I had chosen at the time on the car physically. I changed the next 6 all at once and got the colors to change. Any idea what the other 4 ensambles are used for since theres no option to choose anything besides blue extended/orange extended/white extended/blue/orange/white?
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2017, 01:08 AM   #40
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
I figured out what I was doing wrong. I kept coding the first ensamble only thinking that it was static to whatever I had chosen at the time on the car physically. I changed the next 6 all at once and got the colors to change. Any idea what the other 4 ensambles are used for since theres no option to choose anything besides blue extended/orange extended/white extended/blue/orange/white?
The same ECU is used in F015, which has 10 iDrive choices.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2017, 01:14 AM   #41
Emon Crew
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
The same ECU is used in F015, which has 10 iDrive choices.
Almaretto as the voice of reason once again!

Seriously, thanks for all your help, much appreciated sir.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2017, 01:25 AM   #42
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:

Appreciate 0
      01-30-2019, 05:37 PM   #43
RichTimpa
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X5 45e

Quote:
Quote:

So I have Carly and would love to see the mood light color change when I move to sport mode automatically

If that possible?
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2019, 09:50 PM   #44
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichTimpa View Post
So I have Carly and would love to see the mood light color change when I move to sport mode automatically

If that possible?
Never used any phone apps, so not sure.
Appreciate 0