07-19-2010, 02:25 PM   #199
M3ltdown
Master Chief
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 e90 M3 JzB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
p.s. Darwin. Love the Bleach avitar. That hollow form is absolutely BA!
hahaha....hells yeah.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2010, 04:34 PM   #200
scollins
Bootleggin' 'n Gunrunnin'
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweak84 View Post
im just finishing my riders edge course today and we learned on buell blast's. i think that one of those will be my first bike, its not fast but its very easy to control and if i want a faster bike a year from now ill just sell it for close to what i paid...(im buying a 2007 buell blast from my instructor, it has 200 miles on it and he only wants 2400$)
I was considering those too. I've seen local CL ads ranging from $1,800 to $3,000 for used Blasts. Just check it over well, since it is likely a "class bike" with a higher probability of having been dropped....

Quote:
Not to sound like a jackass and maybe someone already asked this but what exactly does SQUID stand for?
Found this on www.squidbusters.com:
Stupidly Quick, Underdressed, Imminently Dead
Some Quick Unskilled Immature Dumbass
Some Quick Unimportant Immature Dumbass
Squished Kid= Squid
Squirrelly Kid = Squid

anyway, I always thought it was because the rider looked like a squid after a nasty crash: a nice helmet with the body shredded looking like tentacles.

Either way, I think it is more indicative of behaviours: Riding on a packed freeway, weaving in and out of traffic, lane splitting at high speeds and pulling a few wheelies, wearing shorts, a t-shirt and flip-flops? I'm calling that guy a squid. But I'm also calling that same guy with full gear on a squid too.
2013 Ducati Multistrada Touring S, Red
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2010, 04:54 PM   #201
radix
you know he kills little girls like you
No_Country
Rep
Drives: -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzy View Post
The acronym squid may not have alot to do with the gear, but me and many other riders have seen that the gear a rider wears is a very accurate representation of the capability and skill of the rider.
Maybe riders who wear protective gear live long enough to reach higher skill levels, whereas those who don't either give up after a crash, or die trying.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2010, 04:57 PM   #202
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cadillac coupe deville

Quote:
Originally Posted by radix View Post
Maybe riders who wear protective gear live long enough to reach higher skill levels, whereas those who don't either give up after a crash, or die trying.
radix, razzy is a very level headed teenager he wasnt saying it like that, ive never met a kid his age with his maturity when it comes to bikes...most kids try to hot shot and end up in the hospital..I almost lost 3 friends on 3 separate occasions because they weren't properly skilled or clothed ...
      07-19-2010, 05:16 PM   #203
radix
you know he kills little girls like you
No_Country
Rep
Drives: -

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsE90 View Post
radix, razzy is a very level headed teenager he wasnt saying it like that, ive never met a kid his age with his maturity when it comes to bikes...most kids try to hot shot and end up in the hospital..I almost lost 3 friends on 3 separate occasions because they weren't properly skilled or clothed ...
I know exactly what he was saying. I was joking, hence the . I've also known razzy was a good guy since before you joined this forum.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2010, 05:17 PM   #204
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cadillac coupe deville

Quote:
I know exactly what he was saying. I was joking, hence the .
OOOooOO, sometimes i cant tell when your serious
      07-19-2010, 07:38 PM   #205
Razzy
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsE90 View Post
Quote:
I know exactly what he was saying. I was joking, hence the . I've also known razzy was a good guy since before you joined this forum.
You're both flattering me . I'm 18 and ever since I can remmember I wanted to ride bikes. Not just ride them, but ride them competently. I have had to give up many things in life due to certain circumstances, but what I refuse to let go is riding. I usually tell my friends that it will take alot for me to stop riding. I will ride as long as I am able to.

I present myself here as a teenage rider who is a LITTLE less ignorant than the majority of my age demographic. I may come across a little harsh and people may discredit me based on my age but that further proves that who is ignorant and who is not.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2010, 06:14 PM   #206
lablueboy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

1000RR, maybe not for beginner but ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRrr

Appreciate 0