jimmy330xi
Captain
Puerto Rico
Rep
Drives: '06 330xI, '04 YZF R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romo View Post
This is me

Have to make some pics of my E92 M3 and the S1000RR together...................
Thanks for sharing. You are in the S1000RR forum as well. My screen name there is iRideFast. I saw when you posted that picture there. Sweet bike. I am also going for the MS colors. So sexy!!!

'06 330Xi, '04 CBR600RR, '04 YZF-R1, '06CBR600RR, '10 S1000RR
M-tech, Injen, Hamann, Remus, KW, Breyton
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2010, 01:31 PM   #90
Nifty
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 AWD M3

OP, are you from madison WI? If so there is a guy selling a ninja 500 fairly close by for a good price. PM me if you want some more information.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2010, 01:35 PM   #91
jimmy330xi
Captain
Puerto Rico
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nifty View Post
OP, are you from madison WI? If so there is a guy selling a ninja 500 fairly close by for a good price. PM me if you want some more information.
That is a good beginner bike as well. Also works well for bigger guys.

Appreciate 0
      05-11-2010, 01:42 PM   #92
iBoost
Retired e90post Member
Rep
Drives: real slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy330xi View Post
You asked for it. Here it goes... Now take it like a man.

That is the perfect example of complete ignorance talking. You my friend, will become a statistic next time you get on that bike, and worst of all, you will not be around to see your father blame it all on himself for letting you ride that bike. You are another one of those guys that rides a bike once and call themselves decent riders and that they learned on a SS bike and they are fine. You got on the highway and twisted the throttle and the front wheel came off the ground and that was thrilling. You are just irresponsible, ignorant, have no consideration for others and don't value your life or the ones around you. Did you even know what that bike is capable of, how many laws you broke just doing that stupid stunt, riding that bike for the first time. Did you even thought of the consequences? Were you wearing the proper motorcycle specific gear? or are you another squid getting ready to cover the front page and take your life and the ones of innocent people around you.

To all the beginners here. Listen to what inexperience and ignorance make you do. Think about it. Do you really want to be this idiot?

People looks after you in parking lots and you think you have some experience, you don't even realize what experience is. So go ahead and continue giving noobs like you that kind of advice. They will keep filling the statistics books just like you are about to do.

You have been flamed, just wait for the other true riders here to follow and you will realize how stupid your decisions were. Hope you never do that again.
You're taking flaming to another level. Although I do agree it was a stupid move. I dont think you read the my whole post. It wasnt the olny time I rode it. I have done it numerous times. I also do it covered in leather in one of my dads old suits. Like i said riding for me is like a second nature(off-road) been riding since i can remember. That's the only reason why I decided id be good on the street. Controls are in the same locations on all bikes, and they are used the same way.

And like i said. Im not telling anyone to do what i did. I said the opposite, DONT DO IT. Dont get too personal next time you "flame" someone. I do value my life and everyone in it. I'm just a huge adrenaline junkie and i like to take adventures. Not a pussy about things.

Its all good though i knew it was coming.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2010, 01:43 PM   #93
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe, '21 X3, '16 GMC

Garage List
^^^ Yeah, the only beef I have with the 500 is it looks way outdated whereas the 250 looks like any other crotch rocket.
2021 BMW x30i • Phytonic Blue Metallic • Fully loaded
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2010, 01:56 PM   #94
jimmy330xi
Captain
Puerto Rico
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBoost View Post
You're taking flaming to another level. Although I do agree it was a stupid move. I dont think you read the my whole post. It wasnt the olny time I rode it. I have done it numerous times. I also do it covered in leather in one of my dads old suits. Like i said riding for me is like a second nature(off-road) been riding since i can remember. That's the only reason why I decided id be good on the street. Controls are in the same locations on all bikes, and they are used the same way.

And like i said. Im not telling anyone to do what i did. I said the opposite, DONT DO IT. Dont get too personal next time you "flame" someone. I do value my life and everyone in it. I'm just a huge adrenaline junkie and i like to take adventures. Not a pussy about things.

Its all good though i knew it was coming.

Nothing personal. But you need to have better judgment, be responsible and don't be overconfident. A street bike is not the same as a dirt bike. If you are an adrenaline junkie, then just take it to the track, and go as fast as you want, in a controlled environment with paramedics on stand-by just in case the worst happens. When riding on the street there's too much going on and too many SUV drivers texting on their cell phone and cant see you. And if on top of all that you are going too fast and unaware of your surroundings you increase the chances of something bad happening.

Appreciate 0
      05-11-2010, 02:05 PM   #95
iBoost
Retired e90post Member
Rep

Quote:
Nothing personal. But you need to have better judgment, be responsible and don't be overconfident. A street bike is not the same as a dirt bike. If you are an adrenaline junkie, then just take it to the track, and go as fast as you want, in a controlled environment with paramedics on stand-by just in case the worst happens. When riding on the street there's too much going on and too many SUV drivers texting on their cell phone and cant see you. And if on top of all that you are going too fast and unaware of your surroundings you increase the chances of something bad happening.
I agree 100% nice change of tone!
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2010, 02:11 PM   #96
dtp3347
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Silver E92 335i

Quote:
You asked for it. Here it goes... Now take it like a man.

That is the perfect example of complete ignorance talking. You my friend, will become a statistic next time you get on that bike, and worst of all, you will not be around to see your father blame it all on himself for letting you ride that bike. You are another one of those guys that rides a bike once and call themselves decent riders and that they learned on a SS bike and they are fine. You got on the highway and twisted the throttle and the front wheel came off the ground and that was thrilling. You are just irresponsible, ignorant, have no consideration for others and don't value your life or the ones around you. Did you even know what that bike is capable of, how many laws you broke just doing that stupid stunt, riding that bike for the first time. Did you even thought of the consequences? Were you wearing the proper motorcycle specific gear? or are you another squid getting ready to cover the front page and take your life and the ones of innocent people around you.

To all the beginners here. Listen to what inexperience and ignorance make you do. Think about it. Do you really want to be this idiot?

People looks after you in parking lots and you think you have some experience, you don't even realize what experience is. So go ahead and continue giving noobs like you that kind of advice. They will keep filling the statistics books just like you are about to do.

You have been flamed, just wait for the other true riders here to follow and you will realize how stupid your decisions were. Hope you never do that again.
I agree with your advice and you are obviously a very experienced rider but that was way over the top. You are only going to turn people away from your insight if you flame people like this.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2010, 02:18 PM   #97
jimmy330xi
Captain
Puerto Rico
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
^^^ Yeah, the only beef I have with the 500 is it looks way outdated whereas the 250 looks like any other crotch rocket.
I agree that the 500 is not the prettiest bike around, but at that point all you should be thinking about is learning, who cares if the bike is ugly, more than likely it will be dropped anyways, some simple mistakes that new riders make. Once you get good then you can move to something else and get something that looks good with the confidence that you will not drop it trying to turn in a parking lot.

Appreciate 0
      05-11-2010, 02:24 PM   #98
jimmy330xi
Captain
Puerto Rico
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtp3347 View Post
I agree with your advice and you are obviously a very experienced rider but that was way over the top. You are only going to turn people away from your insight if you flame people like this.
I agree with you, let me apologize to all the members here and specially the motorcycle riders, and more than anyone to iBoost. We are all riders and we share one passion, riding, the thrill and the freedom. We need to stick together because no one else cares about us on the road. I try to help new riders all the time. I enjoy giving then advice and seeing them progress in their machines.

Appreciate 0
      05-11-2010, 02:31 PM   #99
dtp3347
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Silver E92 335i

Quote:
I agree with you, let me apologize to all the members here and specially the motorcycle riders, and more than anyone to iBoost. We are all riders and we share one passion, riding, the thrill and the freedom. We need to stick together because no one else cares about us on the road. I try to help new riders all the time. I enjoy giving then advice and seeing them progress in their machines.
dayumn! . thats pretty big of you but dont be too hard on yourself!
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2010, 02:39 PM   #100
iBoost
Retired e90post Member
Rep

Quote:
THIS.

No problem here!
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2010, 02:42 PM   #101
Trooper9009
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 335 XI coupe M sport

Alrite so I was looking around and found a 04 suzuki sv650s

According to this site :
http://www.bestbeginnermotorcycles.c...i-sv650-review

it is a good beginner bike...your take on that ...and by the way the owner is selling it for close to 3000 and has 7k miles on it....
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2010, 03:10 PM   #102
jimmy330xi
Captain
Puerto Rico
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trooper9009 View Post
Alrite so I was looking around and found a 04 suzuki sv650s

According to this site :
http://www.bestbeginnermotorcycles.c...i-sv650-review

it is a good beginner bike...your take on that ...and by the way the owner is selling it for close to 3000 and has 7k miles on it....
That is a good beginners bike and a good price. If you have a chance to see it and talk to the seller look carefully at the bike. Look for scratches on the bar ends, the engine case covers, the foot pegs or rear sets, the clutch and brake levers. Those will be clues if the bike has been laid down. If it has, then check that the frame and swing-arm and forks are not bent. Take an experienced rider with you so he can test ride it and feel the handling, check the brakes, transmission and make sure the bike is working properly. At that price if nothing is wrong with the bike then you found yourself a good deal on an ideal motorcycle to learn. The seller probably did what you are doing, learned with that and now is time to move on. When is time to resale you can make all that money back.

Appreciate 0
      05-11-2010, 03:28 PM   #103
Trooper9009
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
That is a good beginners bike and a good price. If you have a chance to see it and talk to the seller look carefully at the bike. Look for scratches on the bar ends, the engine case covers, the foot pegs or rear sets, the clutch and brake levers. Those will be clues if the bike has been laid down. If it has, then check that the frame and swing-arm and forks are not bent. Take an experienced rider with you so he can test ride it and feel the handling, check the brakes, transmission and make sure the bike is working properly. At that price if nothing is wrong with the bike then you found yourself a good deal on an ideal motorcycle to learn. The seller probably did what you are doing, learned with that and now is time to move on. When is time to resale you can make all that money back.
thaks man....its juts that none of my freinds ride a bike and its just recently that one of them bought a new R6..he doesnt know much about the bikes either....might have to find some one who knows something about these machines....
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2010, 04:08 PM   #104
Nedim
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

Whats a good beginner bike for me? i am 6ft 5inches...lol
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2010, 04:15 PM   #105
Trooper9009
Second Lieutenant
Rep

You are too talll to ride a motorcycle...

Dude with that kind of built I beleive you can manage any bike however go through all the post and decide if its a 250/600cc first and then you can filter it down and start the search....
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2010, 04:30 PM   #106
Nedim
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

i was thinking about getting a yamaha r6 but my friends say im too tall for it
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2010, 06:23 PM   #107
Razzy
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedim View Post
i was thinking about getting a yamaha r6 but my friends say im too tall for it
wow, did you not read any post in this thread? an R6 IS NOT a begginers bike. PERIOD. Go for an Sv650, or a Ninja 650r, hell even a GS500.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2010, 07:04 PM   #108
oct1285
Captain
Rep
Drives: Out of warranty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedim View Post
Whats a good beginner bike for me? i am 6ft 5inches...lol
turbo busa
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2010, 07:09 PM   #109
shuarma
Banned
Rep
Drives: AW e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by radix View Post
You consistently fail. You fail yourself, and you fail us. You fail everyone around you and everyone who has ever known, seen, or even heard of you. You wear hopelessly out of style Fila shoes because you thought that fila was how you spell fail, not realizing that you failed in the process, which only further exacerbates your fail. You eat at chick-fil-a for the same reason, and yes, you even failed the chickens. Small farm animals don't even like you. Are you happy now?
hmm... right
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2010, 08:19 PM   #110
leocdmg
That Guy
Rep
Drives: to infinity and beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by oct1285 View Post
turbo busa
HAHA wow what not great advice... I agree with mr iBoost and that long 929 story. Big bikes are not the way to start. My first bike was a 99 R1. Key word is "was". I did not have respect for the bike and was stupid. Well al it took was a lil to much throttle coming out of a turn and no more bike.

As a side not I dont think there was any need to flame him or call him an idiot. He is sharing an experience with the OP as am I. I know I was an idiot but sharing is caring man!!!

Sorry did not read what you rode afterward, im an idiot.
Appreciate 0