06-24-2010, 12:23 AM   #23
radix
you know he kills little girls like you
No_Country
Rep
Drives: -

Quote:
Originally Posted by coh4777 View Post
I ordered an Incredible and still waiting for it to get delivered, probably next week. Unless I have real issues with the battery, which seems to be the only drawback as far as I can tell from reviews, I will stick with it. I don't see what the Droid X does that the Incredible does not do. And the X seems to be too large a device for my preference.
You're not alone, I have a friend who's been waiting six weeks for his Incredible now.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2010, 12:24 AM   #24
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cadillac coupe deville

Quote:
Originally Posted by radix View Post
You're not alone, I have a friend who's been waiting six weeks for his Incredible now.
we are being told roughly 25 day wait at my store

i work at a retail verizon(just a greeter though)
      06-24-2010, 01:00 AM   #25
silvergray545
Skittles, OT OG
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: Lots of M cars

Garage List
2016 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
2000 BMW M Roadster  [0.00]
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
2014 VW GLI  [0.00]
I'm getting it for sure. I hope I have some kind of "in" since I work at Verizon.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2010, 02:09 AM   #26
balance
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F32 435i

Garage List
2014 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsE90 View Post
i love how you always write in short sentences and hit enter
wow i just went through my posts and noticed that I do do this HAHA
i cant believe i've done this
Okay, I shall start speaking grammatically correct n shit.
      06-27-2010, 07:03 PM   #27
Memphis1
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 SDrive 35i

how does one sync music and movies to a droid X??
      06-27-2010, 07:09 PM   #28
Dan in PA
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1 View Post
how does one sync music and movies to a droid X??

I just drag and drop the files with Finder or the Windows equivalent.
      06-27-2010, 07:12 PM   #29
Memphis1
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 SDrive 35i

what about calendars, contacts, email accts
      06-27-2010, 08:17 PM   #30
sb335is
Captain
Rep
Drives: fast

does anyone know if verizon is going to drop the unlimited data charge and change it to by usage like att
      06-27-2010, 08:27 PM   #31
Dan in PA
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1 View Post
what about calendars, contacts, email accts

All of that stuff is automatically synced via Google. It's really convenient for me since I use Google for contacts and calendars. Plus, if you add a new event/contact, it automatically goes into the cloud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoturboz View Post
does anyone know if verizon is going to drop the unlimited data charge and change it to by usage like att

I wouldn't be surprised =/
      06-27-2010, 09:13 PM   #32
turboawdfanatic
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 3

http://www.pcworld.com/article/19984...omparison.html
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2010, 09:50 PM   #33
Dan in PA
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Motoblur sucks
      06-27-2010, 10:00 PM   #34
Freakazoid
Captain
Rep
Drives: Saturn Redline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan in PA View Post
I wouldn't be surprised =/

I don't see them doing that.... they know they're not getting the iphone for a while... if they want to aid in the iphone's demise they need to help in every way possible, ASAP (this would dramatically aid in this)
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2010, 10:19 PM   #35
san~man
Tired
Rep
Drives: BMW-less

I personally have an IP4, but I've seen the droid phone and the screen is beautiful. Their only drawback IMO is the size (wouldn't fit in my uniform shirt pocket).
      06-27-2010, 10:25 PM   #36
lopealle
Resident Black Guy
Zimbabwe
Rep
Drives: Lion

Garage List
2006 M5  [10.00]
im going for the EVO 4G soon as they become availiable again. I love the HTC phones. its definitely time for me to upgrade. my current phone is a tmobile dash. i have had it forever. i have changed the rom on it though.so it works way better then what tmobile had it programmed to do.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2010, 07:35 AM   #37
fdsasdasdf
Captain
Rep
Drives: 330Ci ZHP 6sp

Every Motorola product I've had the displeasure of owning = software-bloated POS. I can almost bet that they shoved all sorts of shitty software on it that no one wants and ruins it.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2010, 09:02 AM   #38
GreenPlease
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i e92

To be honest, the Droid X is the closest I've ever been to getting rid of my iPhone. If it wasn't for the fact that my car has native iPhone integration I'd be all over the Droid X.
      06-28-2010, 10:33 AM   #39
double_j
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 JB/B E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
I don't see them doing that.... they know they're not getting the iphone for a while... if they want to aid in the iphone's demise they need to help in every way possible, ASAP (this would dramatically aid in this)
I'd be more surprised if Verizon didn't move to a tiered plan - I'm guessing that within 18 months all of the majors will get rid of unlimited data.

BTW - had to get a temporary replacement for my fried iPhone 3Gs and decided to buy an HTC Aria (Legend) on AT&T until I was up for a full upgrade to iPhone 4 (and also to give the iPhone a couple of months on market for all of the bugs to come out of the woodwork, etc.).

I'm very impressed by the Android OS. Granted, AT&T does unnecessarily hobble the phone by prohibiting the sideloading of apps but I do actually think that the system is much better than the iPhone interface (although I haven't used iOS4 yet).
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2010, 08:00 PM   #40
lucas.kent
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Garage List
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
Reviving this thread since the DROID X comes out this week. I think I'm going to pick one up on Thursday if the store near me doesn't run out. I imagine there will be plenty of them in stock since it's a Motorola product.

On a side note, I saw this article the other day on ZDNet (hoping it's not a repost).

"The type of smartphone you carry can certainly say something about you, or at least it may be used by others as a way to try to glean something about you.

In today’s world, the type of smartphone you use can be the digital equivalent to the kind of car you drive since both of these machines tend to have a very personal connection with their owners. That’s one of the reasons why I recently compared the HTC EVO 4G to a Hummer and the Motorola Droid X to a Cadillac Escalade. Plus, it’s just an interesting comparison to make because both markets have a lot of diversity in terms of brands, style, and functionality."

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/btl/compar...e-to-bmw/36608

Kind of funny.....

"If these smartphones were cars…

1. Apple iPhone 4 = Jaguar

The Jaguar is a luxury vehicle that’s a mix between a sedan and a sports car, and it comes in a package with the greatest attention to detail and style. Easy to see the similarities here.

2. Apple iPhone 3G/3GS = BMW

The iPhone 3G/3GS reigned for two years as the most popular high-end smartphone on the market; the BMW 3 Series is most popular luxury sedan in the world.

3. Google Nexus One = Lexus

Arguably the highest rated and most critically-acclaimed sedan on the road today is the Lexus; the Google Nexus One has received similar rave reviews, and it has the same type of style as the Lexus — top notch quality, but simple and not overdone. Plus, the name similarity is too good to pass up.

4. Motorola Droid X = Cadillac Escalade

Both the Motorola Droid X and the Cadillac Escalade are symbols of oversized luxury vehicles. They both make a big, powerful statement.

5. Motorola Droid = Ford Fusion Hybrid

The Ford Fusion Hybrid is Motor Trend’s Car of the Year (2010), while the Motorola Droid was widely hailed by the tech press as the phone that launched the Android revolution. Plus, they’re both very popular with the public, and the Fusion Hybrid gets great gas mileage (+40 mpg) while the Droid has some of the best battery life of any smartphone on the market.

6. Motorola Backflip = Chrysler Sebring

Motorola Backflip has drawn customer interest, but has been also drawn wide criticism for “crippling” the Android experience. Similarly, the Chrysler Sebring was derided by U.S. News & World Report for its performance and style and called “the worst midsize car for the money.”

7. HTC EVO 4G = Hummer

Another monstrous new smartphone in 2010 is the HTC EVO 4G. With its large, boxy design and everything-but-the-kitchen-sink feature list, the EVO naturally evokes the Hummer.

8. HTC Incredible = Infiniti

The Infiniti is a luxury sedan (made by Nissan) that often flies under the radar but is known for its quality and is typically well-liked by its owners. In the same way, the HTC Incredible is a top quality smartphone that is overshadowed by the EVO and the Droid X.

9. Samsung Galaxy S = Ford Taurus

The Samsung Galaxy S is a new Android phone that is coming to many different wireless carriers under various product names in 2010. It’s automobile equivalent is the workman-like, unpretentious Ford Taurus.

10. LG Ally = Nissan Sentra

LG’s first Android phone comes in a minimalist package and is a little underpowered, but the price is right and it has few nifty features to brag about, much like the practical and economical Nissan Sentra.

11. BlackBerry Bold = Cadillac CTS

BlackBerry’s flagship device, the Bold, is a symbol of well-balanced, high-quality craftsmanship based on years of experience and design savvy. It’s design also represents a rebirth of a classic brand, similar to the Cadillac CTS. And both are popular sellers as well, especially in the US.

12. BlackBerry Curve = Toyota Corolla

These two both represent minimal styling but reliable service year-after-year.

13. BlackBerry Storm = Audi A4

The Storm 2 and the Audi A4 are both slightly quirky but nevertheless top quality. Both tend to get lost in the shuffle because of more prominent competitors.

14. BlackBerry Pearl = Honda Civic

Like the Curve-Corolla match, here’s another example of two brands that represent substance over style. Both draw solid reviews year-in and year-out and are distinguished mostly for their dependability.

15. Palm Pre = Volkswagen Beetle

Here are two brands that both think outside of the box with a unique sense of style, and both have a small cult following because of it.

16. Nokia E71 = Toyota Prius

Nokia’s E71 has a great mix of high-end smartphone features in a very slim package with great battery life. The Prius packs lots of terrific tech features (from hands-free Bluetooth to a big LCD in the dash) into a small hyrid vehicle that can get up to 50 mpg.

17. Nokia N97 = Honda Odyssey

Nokia loaded a ton of high-end features into the N97, including an excellent camera and a full hardware keyboard. But, the result was a thick, bulky device, the smartphone equivalent of a mini-van. And since the Honda Odyssey is among the most tech-equipped mini-vans available, it is the perfect analogue.

18. HTC HD2 = Ford F-series

Before the EVO and the Droid X, the biggest smartphone on the market was the HTC HD2. This monster is still around, but since it runs Windows Mobile it’s a more utilitarian and less flashy device, albeit still very powerful. It’s perfect counterpart is the Ford F-series pickup truck.

19. HTC Touch Pro2 = Honda Accord

The most popular Windows Mobile device on the market is arguably the HTC Touch Pro2. It’s the Honda Accord of smartphones. It’s a little bit nicer than its smaller competitors, but it also doesn’t have any of the extra touches that its high-end competitors can boast.

20. Microsoft KIN = Yugo

Microsoft’s KIN was hyped for years as “Project Pink” but the product was so disappointing when it finally hit the market this year that Microsoft killed it shortly after launching it. The whole saga has echoes of the much-hyped Yugo car from the 1980s, one of the most infamous automobiles ever made."
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2010, 03:45 PM   #41
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cadillac coupe deville

07-15-2010, 04:28 PM   #42
lucas.kent
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Garage List
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
I went to local Verizon store today - all sold out. They lady said they were gone by 8 am. So I called around to a couple other corporate stores - nothing. Then a couple of resellers - nothing. So I ordered it online - hopefully it'll be here tomorrow, but if not, no big deal.

Looks like the response has been pretty good!
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2010, 04:41 PM   #43
sb335is
Captain
Rep
Drives: fast

went to the store to look at it today. its a great phone and ill probably get one towards the end of summer/when amazon has them.

in CA if you buy it in stores you pay tax on 550 bucks. fuck that, so im going to save myself 50 bucks and pay no tax on amazon.
      07-15-2010, 09:23 PM   #44
balance
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F32 435i

Garage List
2014 BMW  [0.00]
i got the droid x today and its pretty damn awesome. if you dont like touch screen phones because its harder to text that's not the case with this one since the screen is so damn big