stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 911 Turbo S

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleJoe View Post
As I already posted, I'm buying an iX for sure but the EQS SUV is better looking inside and out regardless of the price difference so I'll be ordering one of these as well. Oh, and I'm not a woman, or a fanboy.
Same here. It will also appeal to those who want a luxury EV that doesn't look like a minivan.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2022, 09:46 AM   #68
NomoTesla
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW iX50

Quote:
As I already posted, I'm buying an iX for sure but the EQS SUV is better looking inside and out regardless of the price difference so I'll be ordering one of these as well. Oh, and I'm not a woman, or a fanboy.
I'm happy that price is no object for you, but I suspect that is not the majority of us! Most would include price difference in their evaluations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot View Post
Same here. It will also appeal to those who want a luxury EV that doesn't look like a minivan.
Don't forget the EQS SUV will also appeal to those who like the station wagon look.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2022, 09:54 AM   #69
LittleJoe
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 EQS 580 SUV

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomoTesla View Post
Quote:
I'm happy that price is no object for you, but I suspect that is not the majority of us! Most would include price difference in their evaluations.

Quote:
Don't forget the EQS SUV will also appeal to those who like the station wagon look.
As was mentioned above, this is their three row premium SUV so it would naturally cost more than the IX. But they are coming with the EQS EQE which is a 5 seater similar to the iX and will likely be priced similar at the iX. But none of that really matters to you since you're just throwing stones at the new Mercedes SUV. Buy whatever you want.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2022, 10:07 AM   #70
07e92
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 335i

Looking good! EQS SUV is equivalent to ICE GLS and was my previous car, now I am debating whether to buy an iX or cancel my order and wait for the EQS SUV.

Quote:
Appreciate 1
LittleJoe1065.00
      04-19-2022, 11:10 AM   #71
TXSchnee
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 XM

Quote:
I imagine the EQS will appeal a lot to women.
As a woman I have to say that statement is pretty (I will let you fill in the blank here). Also, station wagons are awesome, at least in high performance guise (AMG E63S and RS6) so looking like a wagon isn't really a bad thing. The iX looks fine, but the EQS SUV is a better looking vehicle, I will still order the iX and wait for the Cayenne EV that is rumored for 2024.
2020 Porsche Cayenne E Hybrid (sold)
2018 X3 M40i (sold)
Appreciate 4
stein_325i25094.00
LittleJoe1065.00
KRS_SN13688.00
      04-19-2022, 11:27 AM   #72
NomoTesla
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSchnee View Post
As a woman I have to say that statement is pretty (I will let you fill in the blank here). Also, station wagons are awesome, at least in high performance guise (AMG E63S and RS6) so looking like a wagon isn't really a bad thing. The iX looks fine, but the EQS SUV is a better looking vehicle, I will still order the iX and wait for the Cayenne EV that is rumored for 2024.
All I meant was that it is a more feminine design with its curved, bubbly look. Those types of designs tend to appeal to women more than men, the latter tend to prefer more aggressive and masculine styling. Just an opinion and observation, nothing personal. This is one of the reasons why I prefer the iX—it has a more aggressive look.

Also worth noting is that Mercedes EVs do not allow for one-pedal driving (BMW iX "B" mode).
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2022, 11:32 AM   #73
Paladin1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 iX xDrive50, DGM

Garage List
iX looks like a BMW, EQS looks like a Mercedes, and there's a reason I'm not driving a Mercedes now. But different strokes, and I'm sure it will be a nice SUV. The good news for everyone is that it looks like the EV SUV market is booming for the next few years....
Appreciate 2
NomoTesla2309.00
      04-19-2022, 11:35 AM   #74
NomoTesla
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin1 View Post
iX looks like a BMW, EQS looks like a Mercedes, and there's a reason I'm not driving a Mercedes now. But different strokes, and I'm sure it will be a nice SUV. The good news for everyone is that it looks like the EV SUV market is booming for the next few years....
The best looking SUV EV, imho, is the Ford Mach-E. But I can't get my hands on one to test drive while I was able to drive the iX.
Appreciate 1
Paladin15608.50
      04-19-2022, 12:09 PM   #75
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Also worth noting is that Mercedes EVs do not allow for one-pedal driving (BMW iX "B" mode).
That is an ignorant post - especially as I have addressed this multiple times on this thread. Mercedes does allow one-pedal driving:

Set recovery to Strong, and turn-off creep mode. Same as Tesla before they got rid of these options.

That gives you one pedal driving.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2022, 12:46 PM   #76
NomoTesla
Major
Rep

Quote:
That is an ignorant post - especially as I have addressed this multiple times on this thread. Mercedes does allow one-pedal driving:

Set recovery to Strong, and turn-off creep mode. Same as Tesla before they got rid of these options.

That gives you one pedal driving.
I guess we should all take your word for it, then, otherwise you hurl insults and behave like a bully? I don't know who you are and have no clue about your prior posts, sir. I just joined 2 weeks ago. Triggered much?

The EQS doesn't come to a full stop without using friction brakes. A brake is a pedal, is it not? That's not true one-pedal driving like Tesla, BMW, and others where the car comes to a complete stop using regeneration only. One-pedal does not require the use of a brake pedal to stop the car. In an EQS, if you don't apply the brake the car will keep rolling even with creep off.

Besides, this is a BMW forum. Why are you getting all hot and bothered about what people say about Mercedes?

Appreciate 0
      04-19-2022, 12:53 PM   #77
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
The EQS doesn't come to a full stop without using friction brakes. A brake is a pedal, is it not? That's not true one-pedal driving like Tesla, BMW, and others where the car comes to a complete stop using regeneration only. One-pedal does not require the use of a brake pedal to stop the car. In an EQS, if you don't apply the brake the car will keep rolling even with creep off.
What you wrote here is incorrect. The EQS comes to a stop without use of a brake pedal with a similar rate of regen-based deceleration to what I experienced in my previous Tesla. This is by definition one-pedal driving.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2022, 01:04 PM   #78
NomoTesla
Major
Rep

Quote:
What you wrote here is incorrect. The EQS comes to a stop without use of a brake pedal with a similar rate of regen-based deceleration to what I experienced in my previous Tesla. This is by definition one-pedal driving.
Not according to CNET and others. They must also be incorrect, then?
With maximum regen and no creep, the sedan approaches that one-pedal driving feel I've come to love in other EVs, but doesn't quite pull it off. You'll still need to actually depress the left pedal to bring the EQS to a full stop.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2022, 01:34 PM   #79
patrobX5
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 Volvo XC90 T8

Quote:
I imagine the EQS will appeal a lot to women.
Not this one Much prefer the look of the sporty iX vs the "rounded" design of the EQS, the rear reminds me of the Lincoln Corsair It just doesn't look as modern and fresh as the iX from outside.
Appreciate 2
NomoTesla2309.00
KRS_SN13688.00
      04-19-2022, 01:40 PM   #80
B///MWGuy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 xDrive40i

Garage List
Quote:
All I meant was that it is a more feminine design with its curved, bubbly look. Those types of designs tend to appeal to women more than men, the latter tend to prefer more aggressive and masculine styling. Just an opinion and observation, nothing personal. This is one of the reasons why I prefer the iX—it has a more aggressive look.

Curvy and bubbly look reminds me a lot of porsches (all models) and many sports cars...
I'm male and I find myself attracted to these.
Appreciate 1
NomoTesla2309.00
      04-19-2022, 01:40 PM   #81
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Not according to CNET and others. They must also be incorrect, then?
With maximum regen and no creep, the sedan approaches that one-pedal driving feel I've come to love in other EVs, but doesn't quite pull it off. You'll still need to actually depress the left pedal to bring the EQS to a full stop.
Yes they are incorrect. They had 40 minutes to review the car and didn't bother to go through the menu to change the settings.

People who own the car develop a knowledge of the vehicles capabilities and configurability that journalist's lack.
Appreciate 2
stein_325i25094.00
NomoTesla2309.00
      04-19-2022, 01:45 PM   #82
LittleJoe
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 EQS 580 SUV

Quote:
Quote:
I test drove an EQS 450+ and definitely does "one-pedal driving". That fellow seems insecure about the new EQS 580 SUV for some reason so he's trolling. To each his own but I no need to troll others just because they prefer another brand. Keep it civil guys.
Appreciate 3
stein_325i25094.00
KRS_SN13688.00
      04-19-2022, 02:16 PM   #83
Mani59
BMW Miniature Collector!
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E38 735i SE Individual & i4 35

Hi all

Whatever your thoughts, could you please be respectful to all?

Thanks

Visit my (mainly) BMW gallery http://jetone.co.uk
Appreciate 1
stein_325i25094.00
      04-19-2022, 02:30 PM   #84
hugo_nz
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW iX Xdrive40 MSport

Garage List
2022 BMW IX  [0.00]
Yeah nah. Its just so awfully “meh”. Agree with the sentiment above that it looks like a Porsche. It’s certainly not a head turner which may be what some are looking for in an EV. Boring looks and an eye watering price do not a compelling purchase make.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2022, 02:34 PM   #85
JonoNZ
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW iX M60, Macan Turbo

I love the look of the iX, but I like this too. As I’ve yet to decide on the iX I will definitely be taking a look at the EQS SUV before making a decision.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2022, 02:43 PM   #86
hugo_nz
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW iX Xdrive40 MSport

Garage List
2022 BMW IX  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonoNZ View Post
I love the look of the iX, but I like this too. As I’ve yet to decide on the iX I will definitely be taking a look at the EQS SUV before making a decision.
Don't hold your breath for it coming to NZ any time soon. EQS has been in pre-order for months with no official pricing, EQE is not even on the release radar yet, so this should maybe hit dealerships sometime next year.
      04-19-2022, 02:45 PM   #87
JonoNZ
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW iX M60, Macan Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugo_nz View Post
Don't hold your breath for it coming to NZ any time soon. EQS has been in pre-order for months with no official pricing, EQE is not even on the release radar yet, so this should maybe hit dealerships sometime next year.
Yep, that will definitely be a factor, but the x50 order is likely 2023 now anyway. Though an M60 sounds like it can be had a bit sooner.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2022, 02:51 PM   #88
TechCTU
Major
Rep
Drives: 2025 BMW

Looks aside, sales folks I have talked to say it's a long way off. Mercedes has had real problems with supply chain issues. It's not like the old days where they announce a new model and they start shipping within 6 months. I wouldn't expect anything well in 2023 and be ready to pay above sticker.

Not sure it's worth the very long wait or 25-30% additional cost at this time. Happy with my iX choice.
Appreciate 0