Banned
Rep
Drives: MW Vespa w/pink racing stripes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoei View Post
@Sedan_Clan

You might appreciate these. Never wore 'em as they're heavy as all hell. Air Force 1 SWAT edition. Reinforced toe and heel (steel toe) and other nuances.
What are they for? Work, or just for fun?
They were just limited quick strike. Nike paying homage to LEOs back in like 2004 I think it was. Just thought they were neat with the steel toes and heels lol.

And younger me thought I'd be like Sedan and go into law enforcement.
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan24821.50
Esteban42223.00
      10-16-2021, 12:18 AM   #1388
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
@Sedan_Clan

You might appreciate these. Never wore 'em as they're heavy as all hell. Air Force 1 SWAT edition. Reinforced toe and heel (steel toe) and other nuances.
They were just limited quick strike. Nike paying homage to LEOs back in like 2004 I think it was. Just thought they were neat with the steel toes and heels lol.

There's still time. There will be a mass exodus over this vaccine too. Come on in…..
Appreciate 1
shoei7778.00
      10-16-2021, 12:19 AM   #1389
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a slow car fast

Quote:

They look expensive. Care to share?
Appreciate 1
shoei7778.00
      10-16-2021, 12:20 AM   #1390
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
There's still time. There will be a mass exodus over this vaccine too. Come on in…..
Sounds scary, with all the nuts out there.
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan24821.50
shoei7778.00
      10-16-2021, 12:21 AM   #1391
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Sounds scary, with all the nuts out there.
shoei can handle it. He's a ninja!
Appreciate 1
Esteban42223.00
      10-16-2021, 12:26 AM   #1392
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
@Sedan_Clan

Y'all can't afford me. All kidding aside, I'd be down in a few years to do reserve.

Man, Seattle gonna get desperate and hire anybody and everybody. Something crazy like almost 50% exodus. Their median pay is over 150K a year up there. Just beat cops.

Down here I heard BH and Pasadena are some of the most coveted departments. I'm sure down in the OC as well. I know a former LAPD detective who jumped on a chance to go back to being in a squad car for BHPD. Makes much more money as a beat cop for BH than detective LAPD.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2021, 12:27 AM   #1393
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep

I'm a teddy bear. I wear these. They're gentle on my 'old dad' feet. And I have plenty of them.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
shoei7778.00
      10-16-2021, 12:36 AM   #1394
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
@Sedan_Clan

Y'all can't afford me. All kidding aside, I'd be down in a few years to do reserve.

Man, Seattle gonna get desperate and hire anybody and everybody. Something crazy like almost 50% exodus. Their median pay is over 150K a year up there. Just beat cops.

Down here I heard BH and Pasadena are some of the most coveted departments. I'm sure down in the OC as well. I know a former LAPD detective who jumped on a chance to go back to being in a squad car for BHPD. Makes much more money as a beat cop for BH than detective LAPD.
I used to date a girl in Seattle; two actually. One lived in Green Lake and the other in Bothell, so I became really familiar with the area. Seattle P.D. is the worst department there. King County Sheriff was an option that I considered lateraling to, but they've shit the bed too. The Port Police seems to be the department to work for in Seattle. Well, it was the last time I was there two years ago.

BHPD makes a good base pay. At the top end (Step 5), a beat officer at BHPD makes almost as much as top step deputies on my department with advanced POST. LAPD isn't paid as much, so it makes sense that he jumped at the opportunity to go back to BHPD. Less work for more pay.

I have no interest in pushing a car forever, that's why I left the CHP and went to a Sheriff's Department. Significantly more opportunity, especially when it comes to earning stripes and getting coveted spots.
Appreciate 1
shoei7778.00
      10-16-2021, 12:42 AM   #1395
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

They look expensive. Care to share?
I honestly don't remember the cost. It was legit back in '04 or '05.

Generic sneaker wise in my closet you'd probably rather have those Jordan IV's the premium ones. They're going for $600+ currently and will continue to go up.

These three are probably the rarest sneakers in my closet besides Jordans.

AF1 Low AC wolf grey / gum. They weren't a US release. Zoom in, they're canvas not leather.
The Yeezy Statics. Keep going up in price.
Reigning Champ collab with Adidas is the third, although the price has dropped significantly cuz they f'ing re-released them.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Esteban42223.00
      10-16-2021, 12:43 AM   #1396
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep

I wear these (Brooks Addiction 14) for my three mile walk 6 nights a week. Don't walk Friday nights. That night is saved for a little partying.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
shoei7778.00
      10-16-2021, 12:48 AM   #1397
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Generic sneaker wise in my closet you'd probably rather have those Jordan IV's the premium ones. They're going for $600+ currently and will continue to go up.

AF1 Low AC wolf grey / gum. They weren't a US release. Zoom in, they're canvas not leather.
Reigning Champ collab with Adidas is the third, although the price has dropped significantly cuz they f'ing re-released them.
Wow! $600! I won't go over $200 on my fixed income.
Appreciate 1
shoei7778.00
      10-16-2021, 12:49 AM   #1398
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Wow! $600! I won't go over $200 on my fixed income.
Says the guy who's got enough shoe boxes it looks like the stockroom of a Footlocker.
Appreciate 1
Esteban42223.00
      10-16-2021, 12:51 AM   #1399
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Says the guy who's got enough shoe boxes it looks like the stockroom of a Footlocker.
Haha... you never know, they might discontinue them.

I'm that way. I stock up on shit while it's still available.
Appreciate 1
shoei7778.00
      10-16-2021, 01:08 AM   #1400
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
@Sedan_Clan

I used to date a girl in Seattle; two actually. One lived in Green Lake and the other in Bothell, so I became really familiar with the area. Seattle P.D. is the worst department there. King County Sheriff was an option that I considered lateraling to, but they've shit the bed too. The Port Police seems to be the department to work for in Seattle. Well, it was the last time I was there two years ago.

BHPD makes a good base pay. At the top end (Step 5), a beat officer at BHPD makes almost as much as top step deputies on my department with advanced POST. LAPD isn't paid as much, so it makes sense that he jumped at the opportunity to go back to BHPD. Less work for more pay.

I have no interest in pushing a car forever, that's why I left the CHP and went to a Sheriff's Department. Significantly more opportunity, especially when it comes to earning stripes and getting coveted spots.
Why am I not surprised at the women up in WA, lol. You must stress out when it's close to Father's Day. Wondering if this is the year you get a knock on the door.

Yeah BHPD is wildin'. They get all the cool toys as well. Sergeants roll around in Mercedes lol.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
DNYC1919478.00
      10-16-2021, 01:14 AM   #1401
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
@Sedan_Clan

Why am I not surprised at the women up in WA, lol. You must stress out when it's close to Father's Day. Wondering if this is the year you get a knock on the door.

Yeah BHPD is wildin'. They get all the cool toys as well. Sergeants roll around in Mercedes lol.
I've been fixed ever since I was 28. No chance of any surprises for me bro.

Appreciate 1
shoei7778.00
      10-16-2021, 06:36 AM   #1402
wtwo3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 23 X7 40i; 23 M3; 24 cooper s

Garage List
Quote:
11's are on my favorite list. Concords and Space Jams.

My personal favorite are these though. Have a few pairs, ones just generic retro but the ones with the Nike Air on the heel are completely different quality from the other retros. Leather quality is infinitely better on the Nike Air ones vs the Jordan Brand ones. Ones actual leather the other is almost pleather.

But III white cement, IV white cement grey, V black/silver and the XIs are probably my favorites.

Man, I'm kinda glad I went digging in my closet. I completely forgot about some other rare sneakers. I have some AF1 AC lows. One was a Swiss or Dutch release I can't remember and another pair that never went to production. It's just some off white linen / canvas but still. The wolf grey ones are sick though - they have gum soles and it's canvas material.
These are nice. Surprised at the quality difference though between the Nike Air and J's. Wonder if it was just different production runs at different times and they decided to use different materials.

I really want the concords but those are the hardest 11's to get. And not looking to buy on the secondary market. I wouldn't call myself a sneakerhead or a collector, but there's a few pairs I just love because of memories from my childhood. The 11's, 12's, 14's. I have all 3.

Have you ever tried out the 2010's? They were introduced with Dwyane Wade for the first time, they had that circular transparent window. Those are my all-time favorite shoes to ball in. I'm not sure what it is about them, but I feel much more in control on the court in those shoes.

'20 BMW m340i... '20 BMW X5 40i... '16 Infiniti Q50 RS 400... '10 Lexus RX 350... '08 Lexus IS 350... '00 Nissan Maxima... '93 Nissan Maxima
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2021, 11:53 AM   #1403
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Thumbs up

My very first pair of ASICS... Ever.

Comfortable, lightweight and I wanted a mostly White athletic shoe.
Attached Images

Sedan_Clan24821.50
Dang3r12503.00
rebekahb3128.50
      11-09-2021, 03:54 PM   #1404
colorado.e9x
eBay Special
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 330xi

Garage List
2007 BMW 328xi  [9.50]