Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board

03-21-2011, 02:15 AM   #463
stylinexpat
Major
Rep
Drives:

Buy Oil and Silver on the dips. SLV will do well this year.

Silver is almost at $36 in Asia today. It will hit $40 soon. I reckon we hit $40 by next month or the month after at the lastest. My times may be off but we should for sure hit $40 and see $40-50 some time this year.

http://www.kitco.com/market/
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2011, 02:18 AM   #464
stylinexpat
Major
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelinIsRich08 View Post
AAPL. Holy cow that dropped almost 5% today. Imagine if someone had shorted it... Might long it. What do you guys think? It got downgraded by some analyst. It's at $330 now.

Apple took a drop due to Toshiba being shut down in Japan for 1 month. They get their flash memory from them for their Ipad 2. A few important suppliers are in Japan for Apple which were affected by the Earthquake/Tsunami that his Japan this month.

I would buy the dips for AMD.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2011, 03:42 AM   #465
stylinexpat
Major
Rep
Drives:

On bad news stocks rise When the government knows in advance that they will be doing something bad they will start buying in advance to support the market. This started last Thursday and continued on up on Friday. Today futures are up.
http://noir.bloomberg.com/markets/stocks/futures.html

Stocks,Silver,Gold and Oil will climb on this. In the good old days when even a rumor of bad news happening came up the stock market would tank but those days are over for now since we have POMO on hand at all times
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2011, 08:45 AM   #466
AngelinIsRich08
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 X5M, '09 CTS

Wow. I really wasn't expecting a near 2% DOW jump.... Well good news for us. AT
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2011, 07:10 PM   #467
pt
Private
Rep
Drives: I miss my E12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlspeed29 View Post
i thnk the markets are going to take a shit on monday..and oil jumps 3-5%

mark this post....

dow drops 268 points
Dow up 178. Nasdaq up 48. S&P up 19. Oil up 0.02%. You should probably find a new place for crystal balls.

Quote:
But I expect CSCO to double within two years. I also expect GOOG, EBay, and several other online only retailers to go up. Everything will be bought online. It's so much cheaper and there's so many electronics stores going down because of the impossibly big competition of Internet retailers.
CSCO up about a quarter. But I'm keeping out of "tech" for now while the crap in Japan and Libya winds its way out.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2011, 07:28 PM   #468
stylinexpat
Major
Rep
Drives:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...pinion_LEADTop

http://goldbasics.blogspot.com/2011/...ver-to-50.html

Load the boat up on Silver.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2011, 07:31 PM   #469
Dr. G
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black e92 335i

Garage List
e92 BMW 335i  [8.84]
WOW! I can't beleive I never came across this thread. I've been trading very succesfully with very little know how over the past 8-9 months. I've hit 30-100% return on mostly ALL of my investments, but with US medical board exams coming up I haven't been able to get back into new stuff.

Would love to read around here for some tips and stocks to look into. Also willing to share some stuff I've been succesful in and some of the stuff I'm invested in.
JB4 / OSS Angel Eyes / Downpipes / F1-Racewerks FMIC / Custom Meth Kit / BMS DCI / ER Chargepipe / HKS BOV / BMS Meth Elbow / BMW Performance Exhaust / Carbon Fiber Inlay Quad Tips / 19" Miro 111 / Front Aero Lip / M3 Sides / VRS CSL Trunk / Mtech Rear / DD CF Quad Finned Diffuser / LCI Tails / BBK / Smoked Reflectors / F1 Euphoria LED Interior / License LED's / GT 5000k Corners / 5000k HID Fogs / Air Scoops / LED Turn Signals / FK Silverline Coilovers / HPA endlinks / Vibrant Resonators / Osram CBI 5000k D1S
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2011, 07:55 PM   #470
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. G View Post
WOW! I can't beleive I never came across this thread. I've been trading very succesfully with very little know how over the past 8-9 months. I've hit 30-100% return on mostly ALL of my investments, but with US medical board exams coming up I haven't been able to get back into new stuff.

Would love to read around here for some tips and stocks to look into. Also willing to share some stuff I've been succesful in and some of the stuff I'm invested in.
if you are doing that well, shit can the doctor crap and start making some big market plays.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2011, 08:02 PM   #471
Dr. G
Major General
Rep

Garage List
e92 BMW 335i  [8.84]
To be honest I've gotten lucky and most of my picks came from advice from others. I also never had a huge amount invested and I was trading heavily using money from my margin account. As of late though I've been bouncing around the same total profit for way too long and considering I'm trading on margin its not worth holding onto my current stocks so I'm looking for some new plays.

My by FAR largest holding Las Vegas Sands decided to go south on me as of late so it's been killing any kind of gains I've been making from any of my other holdings.

Suncor Energy and CNQ have been good to me in terms of my entry and exit points, but I feel like my money could get a better return elsewhere.

I'm looking to just go heavy into something with a 10-15% return target. IF anyone wants to discuss in detail just PM me or reply in here... I have a ton on my mind and don't have the time to go through with anything, I really want to get more active in my trading.

Ferrari: I've invested way too much time, energy, money into the doctor business so I have to pull through with it now haha. I'm also no master of the market, I've been considerably lucky with my picks so far and it's not something I'm confident in doing as my main gig.... but using money generated from my daytime job as a doctor to get invested more heavily into the market is the game plan for now.
JB4 / OSS Angel Eyes / Downpipes / F1-Racewerks FMIC / Custom Meth Kit / BMS DCI / ER Chargepipe / HKS BOV / BMS Meth Elbow / BMW Performance Exhaust / Carbon Fiber Inlay Quad Tips / 19" Miro 111 / Front Aero Lip / M3 Sides / VRS CSL Trunk / Mtech Rear / DD CF Quad Finned Diffuser / LCI Tails / BBK / Smoked Reflectors / F1 Euphoria LED Interior / License LED's / GT 5000k Corners / 5000k HID Fogs / Air Scoops / LED Turn Signals / FK Silverline Coilovers / HPA endlinks / Vibrant Resonators / Osram CBI 5000k D1S
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2011, 08:22 PM   #472
AngelinIsRich08
Banned
United_States
Rep

At Dr. G, congrats on making it through med. school. Half of everyone in my family's a doctor, including my father who worked almost everyday for several years straight to get his physician business started and stable. I don't know where you'll go with your profession but it ain't easy. As for trading, you're very lucky that you didn't lose money, especially since buying on margin. I know that sometimes brokers can sell your stock at the worst moment when you've bought it on margin and that can hurt a lot.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2011, 02:56 AM   #473
stylinexpat
Major
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
To be honest I've gotten lucky and most of my picks came from advice from others. I also never had a huge amount invested and I was trading heavily using money from my margin account. As of late though I've been bouncing around the same total profit for way too long and considering I'm trading on margin its not worth holding onto my current stocks so I'm looking for some new plays.

My by FAR largest holding Las Vegas Sands decided to go south on me as of late so it's been killing any kind of gains I've been making from any of my other holdings.

Suncor Energy and CNQ have been good to me in terms of my entry and exit points, but I feel like my money could get a better return elsewhere.

I'm looking to just go heavy into something with a 10-15% return target. IF anyone wants to discuss in detail just PM me or reply in here... I have a ton on my mind and don't have the time to go through with anything, I really want to get more active in my trading.

Ferrari: I've invested way too much time, energy, money into the doctor business so I have to pull through with it now haha. I'm also no master of the market, I've been considerably lucky with my picks so far and it's not something I'm confident in doing as my main gig.... but using money generated from my daytime job as a doctor to get invested more heavily into the market is the game plan for now.
If you picked up some LVS calls last week they would have paid off quite nicely this Monday. LVS took quite a beating recently but had quite a nice bounce this Monday. Let's see if it manages to gain back those recent losses. LVS is not doing all that well in the US but in Singapore and Macau they are doing very well. I wish I loaded up last Friday
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2011, 03:00 AM   #474
RedBarron
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 440i

Quote:
Originally Posted by stylinexpat View Post
So many people are picking up silver....It has been a very good investment over the past year though

Current: Porsche Cayman S
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2011, 03:13 AM   #475
Dr. G
Major General
Rep

Garage List
e92 BMW 335i  [8.84]
Quote:
At Dr. G, congrats on making it through med. school. Half of everyone in my family's a doctor, including my father who worked almost everyday for several years straight to get his physician business started and stable. I don't know where you'll go with your profession but it ain't easy. As for trading, you're very lucky that you didn't lose money, especially since buying on margin. I know that sometimes brokers can sell your stock at the worst moment when you've bought it on margin and that can hurt a lot.
I haven't made it all the way through med school yet still working on it, but thanks! I got burned early on for trading on margin, but after that I made a couple good picks and things really took off and I've been trading on margin since, but I'm thinking of putting down the cash that's required for my portfolio now since trading on margin is just like blowing 4.5% or so of your earnings.

Stylinexpat I was researching on google finance ... yes google finance and one of their "trend analysis" websites said LVS was on an uptrend and I loaded it up at $22.96 a while ago and I've held on since haha, I've added a bit more LVS to my portfolio since since it was doing so well for me, but from November until now its just been killing me and I just picked up some more shares in September. My trading technique is different and isn't professional whatsoever, I just kind of pickup some shares and hold onto them for a while and hope for the best.

I haven't looked into silver yet due to time, but I did invest into richmont mines about a month ago and have got about 18% return so far and I do expect to go closer to 30% return.

Allied Nevada Gold is has returned about 75% so far and I plan to hop out of it and maybe look into silver.

Any tips/advice? I use google for most of my tips/advice and it's been REALLY good to me surprisingly.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2011, 05:41 PM   #476
Spoolin335
Justin Herass
Canada
Rep
Drives: X6M / M3

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2012 Audi TTRS  [10.00]
2012 BMW X6M  [9.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [9.00]
I know you guys are all talking about equities on the american market, but you can probably find these companies trading on the Dow aswell.

I have been riding the Uranium stocks lately with all the drama going on in Japan.

Most Uranium stocks have seen huge declines last week and i think they are on their way to a quick recovery.

Uranium One for example was up 14% on friday, then another 14% yesterday. There are lots of penny stocks that are gaining more then that, but i dont play those due to the risk.

I am riding the wave, i recommend you guys do the same if you want an easy gain.

Heres some of the biggest uranium companies to check into.

Uranium One, Inc. (Public, TSE:UUU)

Cameco Corporation (Public, TSE:CCO)

Paladin Energy Ltd. (Public, TSE:PDN)

Appreciate 0
      03-22-2011, 05:44 PM   #477
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

you are gutsy. I wouldn't touch anything energy related with a ten foot pole. Way too much speculation and almost impossible to predict movement.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2011, 12:21 PM   #478
stylinexpat
Major
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBarron View Post
So many people are picking up silver....It has been a very good investment over the past year though

Anyone who bought when I said to buy would have made money now. Up again today. Today the weekly April $35 & $36 calls for Silver are up over 50% and the monthly ones are up around 30% SLV its self is up just over 2% as of now. I see $40 around the corner. Fingers crossed and let's see what happens

http://www.google.com/finance/option_chain?q=NYSE:SLV
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2011, 12:32 PM   #479
stylinexpat
Major
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
I haven't made it all the way through med school yet still working on it, but thanks! I got burned early on for trading on margin, but after that I made a couple good picks and things really took off and I've been trading on margin since, but I'm thinking of putting down the cash that's required for my portfolio now since trading on margin is just like blowing 4.5% or so of your earnings.

Stylinexpat I was researching on google finance ... yes google finance and one of their "trend analysis" websites said LVS was on an uptrend and I loaded it up at $22.96 a while ago and I've held on since haha, I've added a bit more LVS to my portfolio since since it was doing so well for me, but from November until now its just been killing me and I just picked up some more shares in September. My trading technique is different and isn't professional whatsoever, I just kind of pickup some shares and hold onto them for a while and hope for the best.

I haven't looked into silver yet due to time, but I did invest into richmont mines about a month ago and have got about 18% return so far and I do expect to go closer to 30% return.

Allied Nevada Gold is has returned about 75% so far and I plan to hop out of it and maybe look into silver.

Any tips/advice? I use google for most of my tips/advice and it's been REALLY good to me surprisingly.
If Google has been treating you well and your picks have been doing well I would stick with them I just post what I feel should or may do well. You can Google the tips after and see if you agree or disagree. There is no such thing as a sure thing. The only sure time to buy to where you are guaranteed to make money is to buy after a major crash. That is when you will make money for sure. Guessing when we top or correct is quite difficult. I found it best to stick with the trend. If you are not sure which stock to pick but are sure that the market will go up or down it is best to stick with SPY,UPRO or SPXU.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2011, 04:53 PM   #480
Dr. G
Major General
Rep

Garage List
e92 BMW 335i  [8.84]
I really need to look into trading options, I'm now really sure how they work and how the payouts are.. I've only stuck to just buying/selling shares so far.

Will look into it today.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2011, 05:18 PM   #481
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I really need to look into trading options, I'm now really sure how they work and how the payouts are.. I've only stuck to just buying/selling shares so far.

Will look into it today.
Be very careful! You should be very well versed in them before you even make your first trade. People lose their ass on them.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2011, 05:25 PM   #482
AngelinIsRich08
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Will look into it today.
Options trading is quite hard. I remember the first time I looked at an options call/put chart I wad terrified because I had no idea what it all meant. I know a guy that wanted to short something because he thought the mid-east unrest (this was during the Egypt uprising) was going to cause the markets to drop like nuts. That didn't happen as he thought it would and he lost ten thousand in about a day.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2011, 12:16 AM   #483
stylinexpat
Major
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrari355fi View Post
Be very careful! You should be very well versed in them before you even make your first trade. People lose their ass on them.
Either you make a killing or get killed. It is like playing Roulette where you place your bet on red (assuming you picked red) and if it moves in your favor it pays quite well but if it moves the other way then you pretty much lost half your money if not all. Options are ok if you like high risk and are 90-100% sure which way you feel the stock is going to move in the very near short term otherwise it is best to just stick with stocks instead.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2011, 12:29 AM   #484
Dr. G
Major General
Rep

Garage List
e92 BMW 335i  [8.84]
Yeah I don't know much about them, always read about them and always see people talking about put/call ratios haha I'll stick with my slowly but surely way for now to be safe.

What do you guys think of First Majestic Silver Corp. ? I wanted to get in around new yrs, but it started not doing so well so I kept waiting out. I was going to buy it after the whole decline the last little while, but I expected the decline to last a bit longer and now its near its high's again.... horribly analysis.. but it's how a home made trader gets things done haha.

I just want to get in on the silver hypee.
Appreciate 0