Noggie
Captain
Norway
Rep
Drives: E31 850i,i3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by -c- View Post
Hey their !

Yes 15mm in the front and 20mm in the rear!

With the AST lowering springs.

Loving the combo so far and have had no issues!
Thanks, I was thinking about going 10mm spacers front/rear on mine next year, but maybe I should do like you did, looks a lot meaner and I'm sure it helps on handling as well.
-20 i3s
-20 Ducati Diavel 1260s
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2021, 08:12 PM   #24
LaVitaEBella
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M3

Those wheels added more accent to this beautiful car. The pattern reminds me of the American Racing wheels AR907 model.

Last edited by LaVitaEBella; 11-28-2021 at 06:21 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2021, 06:27 PM   #25
2mAn
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW i3 & an old Alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2customized View Post
I am upgrading a i3 94ah to i3s spec as the i3s was never sold where I am. An i3s firmware upgrade is already possible and available but is only available my <94ah onwards. This part I have done and so now I am working on the handling. I want to know if you have some photos of the i3s sway bar available, was it much thicker? Also did you feel much different with it installed.

Sorry for all the questions, I am just super excited that someone has done this!

Thanks again!
I’ve got ‘17 94Ah REx can you tell me about this firmware upgrade? I have Bimmercode also, but not sure if that’s how the magic can be unlocked... sounds a bit confusing with the previous posts.

I’m also curious about the S Swaybar upgrade, is this only sold through the dealers?

@-C- Thanks for the part number! ... but can you share the Bimmercode step to add the Sport Mode?

Last edited by 2mAn; 11-26-2021 at 06:39 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2021, 10:15 AM   #26
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mAn View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2customized View Post
I am upgrading a i3 94ah to i3s spec as the i3s was never sold where I am. An i3s firmware upgrade is already possible and available but is only available my <94ah onwards. This part I have done and so now I am working on the handling. I want to know if you have some photos of the i3s sway bar available, was it much thicker? Also did you feel much different with it installed.

Sorry for all the questions, I am just super excited that someone has done this!

Thanks again!
I've got '17 94Ah REx can you tell me about this firmware upgrade? I have Bimmercode also, but not sure if that's how the magic can be unlocked... sounds a bit confusing with the previous posts.

I'm also curious about the S Swaybar upgrade, is this only sold through the dealers?

@-C- Thanks for the part number! ... but can you share the Bimmercode step to add the Sport Mode?
Hey their ! I sent you a message who to ask about the contact on the software upgrade. The sway bar is OEM, so it's the only place I know where to pick one up.

Get it through "get bmw parts.com" to get wholesale pricing.

Unless you have a wholesale account from
Your local bmw dealer.

Also the stop tech rotors will be going on soon.

They where a great price at only 35$ a piece !
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-20-2021, 02:35 PM   #27
Noggie
Captain
Norway
Rep
Drives: E31 850i,i3s

I got a set of spacers, 15mm front and 20mm rear.
Think I'll put them on the summer tires, wider winter tires will just make the car dirty all the time.

Since coding seems to be a thing in this thread.

I have noticed that my S adjusts the steering in "Sport", gets a little heavier something I like.
I would have liked to have the heavier steering in Comfort and Sport, and the normal in EcoPro(+).
With S-model summer tires the normal steering is OK, with the narrow winter tires I think its much too light.

Anyone know if the steering can be coded heavier?
-20 i3s
-20 Ducati Diavel 1260s
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2022, 05:55 AM   #28
RuFFus86
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: i3

Nice project, keep up the good wordk.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2022, 03:08 AM   #29
KotBedouin
Rep
Drives: bmw i3

Nice Work!
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2022, 12:08 AM   #30
2mAn
Enlisted Member
Rep

Did you take any pics of the Swaybar install? Mine just arrived from Germany to my parts guy. Hope to have it next week and get it installed.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2022, 07:40 PM   #31
2mAn
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Yes it's a direct bolt in. Even the end links are Carry over. However you need two new sway bar holders with new rubber. So 3 parts in total.
My new sway bar finally arrived from BMW Germany (via bluntech) and its the bar and the rubber mounts. After a canyon run Im really excited to see how this Sport sway bar changes things...

My question to you is that how difficult was the install? I noticed its a big Torx which I should have and a hex and boom sway bar comes off... however my gut tells me its not that easy and theres a storm waiting for me. I'll have about one, maybe two nights after work to get it done. Just want to go in with eyes open...

After that I hopefully can finally get the Sport tune done also
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2022, 07:52 PM   #32
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mAn View Post
Quote:
Yes it's a direct bolt in. Even the end links are Carry over. However you need two new sway bar holders with new rubber. So 3 parts in total.
My new sway bar finally arrived from BMW Germany (via bluntech) and its the bar and the rubber mounts. After a canyon run Im really excited to see how this Sport sway bar changes things...

My question to you is that how difficult was the install? I noticed its a big Torx which I should have and a hex and boom sway bar comes off... however my gut tells me its not that easy and theres a storm waiting for me. I'll have about one, maybe two nights after work to get it done. Just want to go in with eyes open...

After that I hopefully can finally get the Sport tune done also
Book time was 1.5hrs

I had it done as I got an alignment afterward.

And only being 1.5 hrs it was worth it for me to just have it done vs doing it myself .

Sorry I couldn't be if more help.
Appreciate 1
2mAn14.50